Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

What did you watch last?

Comments

• Nanny OggNanny Ogg Bites backPosts: 9,345 Pool Forum VIP
    You would think witches would wear thermal knickers when zooming around the skies in the dead of night wouldn't you :D ? It's gotta play merry héll with yer wotchamacallits when it's cold and windy LOL
  • George SweeperGeorge Sweeper Posts: 38 admin
    Watched Blade Runner 2049 on tuesday. It's now officially the only movie along with the Nice Guys that makes me tolerate Ryan Gosling .

Have you seen it? Any thoughts?

Beautifully shot and it does justice to the same philosophical questions the original posed. Loved the " anything that was BORN must have a soul" statement being deconstructed, On the negative side I didn't really feel the movie should have answered so clearly that there are differences between REAL and IMPLANTED memories. All memories are fabricated. Every time you remember you change your perception of your memory and in a sense self-implant a new one based on the old one.

Still, great movie. Love Villeneuve ( the director, but also the F1 driver).
    Watched Blade Runner 2049 on tuesday. It's now officially the only movie along with the Nice Guys that makes me tolerate Ryan Gosling .

Have you seen it? Any thoughts?

Beautifully shot and it does justice to the same philosophical questions the original posed. Loved the " anything that was BORN must have a soul" statement being deconstructed, On the negative side I didn't really feel the movie should have answered so clearly that there are differences between REAL and IMPLANTED memories. All memories are fabricated. Every time you remember you change your perception of your memory and in a sense self-implant a new one based on the old one.

Still, great movie. Love Villeneuve ( the director, but also the F1 driver).

I'm dying to see that movie, the original is my favourite sc-fi film of all time, but I can't find a watchable version online yet LOL
    It almost demands a movie screen @Nanny Ogg . It was well worth the price of admission.

I also love the original, even though I'm not quite sure which cut I actually like, despite Harrison Ford being terrible. I think it was when I saw Blade Runner that realized the man can only play himself over and over.
    Sitting 2 and a half feet away from my 40" 4K monitor is almost as good as a cinema screen LOL
    Must. Be. Nice.

I get what you mean. But I do like to go to the pictures now and then. I'm also quite impatient.
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Been there, done that.Posts: 2,445 Pool Champion
    There are some movies that deserve that big screen and noise when they come out. The new Star wars movie, and the next Avatar movie will be seeing me queing up at the big screens for sure.
  • *Aurora**Aurora* Join the N0V8MB8R League!Posts: 6,227 Pool Forum VIP
    I've started watching the British psychological thriller Liar.
  • creativehottycreativehotty THE GREAT WHITE NORTHPosts: 1,500 Pool Champion
    watched a wild hare (who's fur has already changed to white for the winter) run across a field with green grass !! he was easy to spot lol :D ;)

bwahahahaha !! what fer and throat punch ya w ur latte lol i hope u dont sound like that eh, that sure was funny and true !! :D
  • R_E_B_E_L_SR_E_B_E_L_S R I P !Posts: 736 Pool Expert

bwahahahaha !! what fer and throat punch ya w ur latte lol i hope u dont sound like that eh, that sure was funny and true !! :D

Haha,nah I talk using the same language etc,but grew up in the city, so don't have the twang lol.
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,163 Pool Forum VIP
    @R E B E L S Lol....I had one of the original Motorola bricks back in 1981....

Looked almost exactly like this:

b9q8Yad.jpg

It weighed like 7 or 8 pounds....had a battery life of 12 minutes and you had to be within 15 miles of the one cell tower in San Diego...... :D

In a fit of rage and exasperation, I ended up throwing it overboard from the boat we were waterskiing with in Mission Bay..... probably still at the bottom of the bay.....lol....and I paid about $800.00 or 900.00 for the durn thing...... :s

X5lbOom.gif
  • R_E_B_E_L_SR_E_B_E_L_S R I P !Posts: 736 Pool Expert
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    @R E B E L S Lol....I had one of the original Motorola bricks back in 1981....

Looked almost exactly like this:

b9q8Yad.jpg

It weighed like 7 or 8 pounds....had a battery life of 12 minutes and you had to be within 15 miles of the one cell tower in San Diego...... :D

In a fit of rage and exasperation, I ended up throwing it overboard from the boat we were waterskiing with in Mission Bay..... probably still at the bottom of the bay.....lol....and I paid about $800.00 or 900.00 for the durn thing...... :s

X5lbOom.gif

Good grief,the price and size, WOW,not to mention the inflation of the $ lol,guaranteed some fish has done shocked it self from your phone lol!
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 412 Pool Pro
    edited October 24

they need a new editor, they spelled fakes* wrong :smiley: /cnn-fakes-first-ad (and 2nd, and 3rd, and entire news segments, lol)

they need a new editor, they spelled fakes* wrong :smiley: /cnn-fakes-first-ad (and 2nd, and 3rd, and entire news segments, lol)

hahahaha !! never noticed, but it sure was funny !! :D
  • *Aurora**Aurora* Join the N0V8MB8R League!Posts: 6,227 Pool Forum VIP
    The Windsors.
  • yakoubyakoubyakoubyakoub Posts: 491 Pool Pro
    training day
  • G11gamingG11gaming Contributor XDPosts: 2,832 Pool Champion
    Lenny Mclean :+1: oldskool respected.