Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Most balls potted in a denial?

Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 312 Pool Pro
Can anyone better this?jqylt74qm51s.jpg

Comments

• MR MISSMR MISS Posts: 539 Pool Expert
    Carl Tales wrote: »

I made a 12 ball indirect denial a while back. Have never seen a 13 ball denial.
  • The Titan!!The Titan!! Posts: 1,970 Pool Champion
    edited February 2016
    MR MISS wrote: »

I made a 12 ball indirect denial a while back. Have never seen a 13 ball denial.

That's excellent sir! :)

Never had more than 6, i got one screenshot right here, and i missed the denial in this one. :D
    nammep5y6ahw.jpg

Post edited by The Titan!! on
  • Zaeem Aslam!Zaeem Aslam! Posts: 7,326 Pool Forum VIP
    10 or 9 I remember..
  • TanimTanim Posts: 426 Pool Pro
    i potted 10 twice!
  • well, considering the only balls that actually count are yours, then the answer could only be 8. (LoL)
  • *DashingAgent**DashingAgent* Posts: 1,079 Pool Champion

well, considering the only balls that actually count are yours, then the answer could only be 8. (LoL)

No, all balls will count in Denial ...... !!!!!
    Even if you don't Denial still the others balls will count in your BPG.....
    You can experiment it ..... !!!!!!
    I did and i do this practice to increase BPG .....
  • SilentR4ySilentR4y Machismo Town Posts: 2,440 Pool Champion
    edited February 2016
    Hmm, sounds fun, never mention how much balls i pot in a denial, it usually one or two opp balls which end up in pockets from break, will try to do more next time :)

Sounds like a challenge, @christhecueball what's your best result, did you ever clean up whole table?
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Been there, done that.Posts: 2,186 Pool Champion
    I dont play on mobile, but did that screenshot have 54 seconds on it? So it took 54 seconds for all the balls to drop in in one shot? Somebody help me out here.
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    I dont play on mobile, but did that screenshot have 54 seconds on it? So it took 54 seconds for all the balls to drop in in one shot? Somebody help me out here.

That screen from tournament, you have three minutes overall time for the whole match and that timer counts backward, 54 seconds is remaining time.
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Been there, done that.Posts: 2,186 Pool Champion
    Im getting the picture now, lol. Denial, doh. I was thinking from the break itself. I need more coffee, lol.
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    Im getting the picture now, lol. Denial, doh. I was thinking from the break itself. I need more coffee, lol.

Yeah same here, i was pondering couple of minutes before understand what is this thread about :D
    Sounds like a challenge, @christhecueball what's your best result, did you ever clean up whole table?

i think its impossible to pot more than 12 or 13 balls ........ !!!!!!

i think its impossible to pot more than 12 or 13 balls ........ !!!!!!

*hard not impossible..
    edited February 2016
    nearly impossible, b/c it's very rare to pot 6 balls of same color on break ......

edit: if 8 ball also go on break then possible ....
    nearly impossible, b/c it's very rare to pot 6 balls of same color on break ......

edit: if 8 ball also go on break then possible ....

Yes.. It is impossible to pot 6 balls of same color on break but 5 or 4 is possible..
    if 6 balls are impossible, then highest balls potted will be 13 ..... :)
    probability of 4 is more so 12 can easily be potted after some struggle
    but on the other hand 13 are also rare ..... only an indirect master or very great player can do that....
    b/c i potted 5 balls 2 or 3 time but can't pot the other balls as they are in difficult position ....
    maybe with high power cue it's possible as i did it with frost cue and new year cue .....
  • Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 312 Pool Pro
    My screen shot shows I potted 12 but it's not just the break where you can pot opponents balls of course so I think it is possible to beat 12 :)
  • The_Stiinger!The_Stiinger! Posts: 1,097 Pool Champion
    My screen shot shows I potted 12 but it's not just the break where you can pot opponents balls of course so I think it is possible to beat 12 :)

AND how did you managed to do it? It's pure luck I know, asking about that break pattern. Got any screenie?
  • Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 312 Pool Pro
    My screen shot is shown above :) - I was lucky and potted 4 stripes from the break then cleared the spots.
  • -NightRaven--NightRaven- Posts: 514
    edited February 2016
    well, considering the only balls that actually count are yours, then the answer could only be 8. (LoL)

No, all balls will count in Denial ...... !!!!!
    Even if you don't Denial still the others balls will count in your BPG.....
    You can experiment it ..... !!!!!!
    I did and i do this practice to increase BPG .....

Okay... while I do fully understand the fact that you (and Miniclips BPG) are referring to the number of balls potted (yours or not), what I'm referring to deals solely with the numerical value of the term "denial".

What happens if you pot 6 balls in a single shot, but not a single ball is yours? no denial... THEREFORE... the only balls that COUNT in a denial... are yours. Without that, there can be no denial, so the maximum number of balls that COUNT would be 8 since exactly 8 of the balls on the table are yours... well, (your 7 + the 8-ball) That's what I was referring to. Incidental additional balls would be a different measurement which you are adding to the denial for a combined total.

Needless to say, I did specifically state that for denial, the answer would be 8 (from the point of view of denial itself). >:)

Did you know that...
    If you were to Break... and EVERY SINGLE BALL EXCEPT the 8-ball drops... it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to win the game?