Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Most balls potted in a denial?

Comments

• *DashingAgent**DashingAgent* Posts: 1,079 Pool Champion
    well, considering the only balls that actually count are yours, then the answer could only be 8. (LoL)

No, all balls will count in Denial ...... !!!!!
    Even if you don't Denial still the others balls will count in your BPG.....
    You can experiment it ..... !!!!!!
    I did and i do this practice to increase BPG .....

Okay... while I do fully understand the fact that you (and Miniclips BPG) are referring to the number of balls potted (yours or not), what I'm referring to deals solely with the numerical value of the term "denial".

What happens if you pot 6 balls in a single shot, but not a single ball is yours? no denial... THEREFORE... the only balls that COUNT in a denial... are yours. Without that, there can be no denial, so the maximum number of balls that COUNT would be 8 since exactly 8 of the balls on the table are yours... well, (your 7 + the 8-ball) That's what I was referring to. Incidental additional balls would be a different measurement which you are adding to the denial for a combined total.

Needless to say, I did specifically state that for denial, the answer would be 8 (from the point of view of denial itself). >:)

Did you know that...
    If you were to Break... and EVERY SINGLE BALL EXCEPT the 8-ball drops... it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to win the game?

I don't know much about this game ..... but the counting that i have experienced in this game on MC, i told you ..... dun know more ..... if it is 8 or more ..... but on MC all balls are counted ..... any player who is playing pool for a long time can answer you and understand you..... :)
  • KatyKittyXKatyKittyX aka Crazy mad dotty duckPosts: 3,504 Pool Champion

Did you know that...
    If you were to Break... and EVERY SINGLE BALL EXCEPT the 8-ball drops... it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to win the game?

I'm going to go test this now ;)
  • KatyKittyX wrote: »

Did you know that...

You Were Right :smile:
  • Zanna136Zanna136 Semper ludensPosts: 1,998 Pool Champion
    Yes.. It is impossible to pot 6 balls of same color on break but 5 or 4 is possible..

This goes a bit off-side from actual topic, but I beg to differ to statement above. This was the situation from one of my friendly games, took a screenshot after my break, and as you can see, I have potted 6 stripes... Unfortunately I didn't have skills to continue for denial from this... :D

JDrYV9k.jpg

I rarely do anything significant while playing, so I have only that pic as proof... And as you can see from power-ups, it was ages ago. ;)

• LoL... Actually, if you think about it...
    IF you were to break and you pot balls from each ball set, what must happen next?
    Answer... you have to select a ball set (be it stripe or solid) and sink one in order to declare your set of balls to sink for the win.

HOWEVER.... should Every Single Ball On The Table be potted on the break with the exception of the 8-ball, the same problem still applies. You have to declare your ball set.... but you CAN'T because there are no more balls on the table to do so with.... so if you were to sink the 8 next what would happen?
    Answer... you sink the 8 without having your ball set declared, you lose.
    Or... the game is considered a draw, or invalid, or whatever you choose... in any event, however, without having declared your ball set, you can't win. >:)
  • *DashingAgent**DashingAgent* Posts: 1,079 Pool Champion
    edited February 2016
    Zanna136 wrote: »
    Yes.. It is impossible to pot 6 balls of same color on break but 5 or 4 is possible..

This goes a bit off-side from actual topic, but I beg to differ to statement above. This was the situation from one of my friendly games, took a screenshot after my break, and as you can see, I have potted 6 stripes... Unfortunately I didn't have skills to continue for denial from this... :D

JDrYV9k.jpg

I rarely do anything significant while playing, so I have only that pic as proof... And as you can see from power-ups, it was ages ago. ;)

As i said earlier that only an indirect master can pot balls in such situation, :)
    well that was awesome i never see 7 balls on break or i think after updating its now not possible .... well whatever .... :) that was an easy Denial ..... :p
    LoL... Actually, if you think about it...
    IF you were to break and you pot balls from each ball set, what must happen next?
    Answer... you have to select a ball set (be it stripe or solid) and sink one in order to declare your set of balls to sink for the win.

HOWEVER.... should Every Single Ball On The Table be potted on the break with the exception of the 8-ball, the same problem still applies. You have to declare your ball set.... but you CAN'T because there are no more balls on the table to do so with.... so if you were to sink the 8 next what would happen?
    Answer... you sink the 8 without having your ball set declared, you lose.
    Or... the game is considered a draw, or invalid, or whatever you choose... in any event, however, without having declared your ball set, you can't win. >:)

Well, 1st of all is it possible to pot all the balls on break ??????
    Dun know about real pool but Programming of pool won't allow this without Hack ..... !!!!!
    I get your point.... as i said i dun know much about pool .... :)
    Thanks .... !!!!!!
  • Well, 1st of all is it possible to pot all the balls on break ??????
    Dun know about real pool but Programming of pool won't allow this without Hack ..... !!!!!
    Thanks .... !!!!!!

Well, I never said this particular situation was actually POSSIBLE.... which I suppose their WOULD be something like a 1 in 10000000000000000000000000 chance to do it. I was just posing the situation. >:)
  • AgentCueballAgentCueball Posts: 9,722
    edited February 2016
    nearly impossible, b/c it's very rare to pot 6 balls of same color on break ......

edit: if 8 ball also go on break then possible ....

http://www.miniclip.com/social/8-ball-pool/forum/en/#/discussion/10835/5-stripes-break-48-seconds-denial
  • The Titan!!The Titan!! Posts: 1,974 Pool Champion
    Got this with my Diamond cue making my first one on this account. :)
    891bo7eoxltp.png
  • TalhaTalha Posts: 452 Pool Pro
    Killintime has just made a 12 ball denial :wink:
    rh2eg32ffco0.bmp
    ackmyf1olr97.bmp
    Well, 1st of all is it possible to pot all the balls on break ??????
    Thanks .... !!!!!!

Well, I never said this particular situation was actually POSSIBLE.... which I suppose their WOULD be something like a 1 in 10000000000000000000000000 chance to do it. I was just posing the situation. >:)

I dont think that much amount of games are played till today.
  • MaoKeyMaoKey Posts: 16 Pool Player
    My record is a 13 ball denial.
    MaoKey wrote: »
    My record is a 13 ball denial.

You must be really lucky for doing that.
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 455 Pool Pro
    This much
    2lizmkj56jee.png
    Just made 13 ball denial.
    owabamvvmsdp.png
    zsf03nh9r042.png
  • Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 552 Pool Expert
    Nice one Talha :)
    edited July 8
    Carl Tales wrote: »
    Nice one Talha :)

I was about to choose the stripes, then I remembered of this thread so I decided to choose solids.
  • Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 552 Pool Expert
    I would of chosen the yellow solid first shot and developed the blue
  • usman_mobiusman_mobi Posts: 50 Pool Player
    lucky enough to pot 2 extra balls with a hard shot on black :)
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 455 Pool Pro
    edited July 12
    Same again
    pp0bmkpn5up2.png