Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

transgender

Im transgender. Whats your opinion of them?

Comments

• You know I don't think the majority of people know much about it.
    We know what it is we have no idea what difficulties you face other than maybe the odd programme on the telly.
    What this translates as is no one is really that interested or bothered.
    How old are you?
    Any operations lined up?
    Any particular hurdles in life caused by your condition?
    What gender do people know you as?
    What gender dominates and you would like to end up being?
    Lots of things you can educate us about.
    In fact are my questions offensive stupid pointless?
    You don't have to answer of course.
    Hope you're not suffering anything to traumatic because of your problem.
    Am I right in saying problem?
    If I've offended you in any way with this post I hope you can forgive me ... it isn't from a malicious bent maybe simple ignorance.
  • SilentR4ySilentR4y Machismo Town Posts: 2,441 Pool Champion
    SCO77YB0Y wrote: »

The same as on any other person
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Member of the Year 2016Posts: 9,097 Pool Forum VIP
    edited February 2016
    We have had a thread like this before, and I will say to the OP what I said to the other poster...

The only opinion that matters is your own, don't worry about what other people think, and don't label yourself, first and foremost before any other label, you are a human being just like everyone else.
    Just be true to yourself and live your own life however you want to... other peoples' opinions simply don't count.

Read here if you want to see what others have said in the last thread about this subject...
    http://8ballpoolforum.miniclip.com/discussion/7000/lgbtq-thoughts-religiously
  • NorthWalescoastNorthWalescoast Posts: 1,268
    edited February 2016
    Apart from other peoples opinions and prejudices cannot always be ignored as they affect employment and even social surroundings. like being introduced to a family who aren't exactly very liberal in their views. I know a few gay people over the years who have said it's all very well saying just ignore others but it isn't always possible and lets face it not everyone can go through life just ignoring the ignorant.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Member of the Year 2016Posts: 9,097 Pool Forum VIP
    From personal experience I can attest to the fact that NorthWalescoast is correct in saying that it is hard to ignore prejudice and bigotry in others, and that's not what I'm advocating.
    Ignoring it won't make it go away.

What I am saying is, and this is MUCH harder to do, is to learn not to CARE about other peoples' prejudice and bigotry.
    That's the lesson hubby and me taught our kids. No-one is saying it's easy, but it is essential to a happy life.
  • I really do count my blessings everyday. I feel for you youngsters with all these struggles and so many uncertainties in today's world.
  • hihihihi72100chihihihi72100c Posts: 418 Pool Pro
    As long as you don't provoque any wars, hurt somebody or do any bad things, i couldn't care less what you are.
  • I am 14, i'm known as a female, transphobic people do get in the way, i will transition as an adult, and no you havent offended me (:
  • SCO77YB0Y wrote: »

I see them as I see other people, we're all human, we're not any different.
    like Nanny said you shouldn't care what people think of you. It's your life, live it the way you want,
    Yeah they are religious views that would tell you what you are is wrong. But at the end of the day it's your life not anybody elses.
  • Marinelle NarcisaMarinelle Narcisa LocationPosts: 2,489 Pool Champion
    I am 14, i'm known as a female, transphobic people do get in the way, i will transition as an adult, and no you havent offended me (:

as an adult? Eh Woah!
  • Zaeem Aslam!Zaeem Aslam! Posts: 7,329 Pool Forum VIP

That is cool! Just do what you think and what you want to. Don't care about what people thinks or say.
    It is your life. Chill!
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Been there, done that.Posts: 2,297 Pool Champion
    Ive seen or read about a lot of Transgender people who left it late in life to make the change. They went through a lot of personnel grief in life because of this. You seem to be getting it done early enough, so good for you.
  • My only thought is this....

Does it give you an unfair advantage in Miniclip 8-Ball Pool?
    If it does, then use a weaker cue to balance it out.
  • Why do have to advertise that you are a transgender? just wondering
  • Paulb228Paulb228 Posts: 5,872 Pool Forum VIP
    Why do have to advertise that you are a transgender? just wondering

I don't believe the person is advertising as such, they are asking people opinions on transgender.
    For the record I don't mind any gender.
    To paraphrase MLK. Judge a person by the content of their brain and not by the colour of their skin, their religion, sexual orientation or the country they where born in.
  • darksidemikedarksidemike Posts: 1,139
    Paulb228 wrote: »

I don't believe the person is advertising as such, they are asking people opinions on transgender.
    To paraphrase MLK. Judge a person by the content of their brain and not by the colour of their skin, their religion, sexual orientation or the country they where born in.

Or last years fashions... :D
  • Paulb228 wrote: »

By their brain?
    Some very educated and highly intelligent brains have been and are evil.
    Many highly intelligent morons about.
    Highly educated selfish pigs.
    I don't think the brain is a good starting point.
    How about by their actions?
  • *Aurora**Aurora* youtoo?Posts: 6,052 Pool Forum VIP
    This might be how Paul sees the brain. Looks quite beautiful.

Picked-Brain.jpg
  • *Aurora* wrote: »
    This might be how Paul sees the brain. Looks quite beautiful.

Picked-Brain.jpg

If that's what he's seeing his medication's better than mine!
  • Paulb228Paulb228 Posts: 5,872 Pool Forum VIP
    edited March 2016
    Paulb228 wrote: »

By their brain?
    Some very educated and highly intelligent brains have been and are evil.
    Many highly intelligent morons about.
    Highly educated selfish pigs.
    I don't think the brain is a good starting point.
    How about by their actions?

Read again.......
    I said CONTENT of their brain
    I didn't say anything about education or intellect.