Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

What is your favorite firearm

Comments

• cidercodercidercoder Posts: 912 Pool Expert
    edited October 12
    zip11737a wrote: »
    Any mentions of firearms in the UK will get you 10 years for possession, what is the point anyway, guns were made destruction... get a life, wakey...wakey. :|
    We never know when the Redcoats or some other unwanted intruder will try to take away our liberty again. It was lawfully armed citizenry that drove Cornwallis back to King Georges lap. This is why our constitution included the 2nd. amendment. Thank you Viscount Charles and all those who came.
    It's not the Redcoats you need worry about lol, it's those who walk amongst you, armed to the teeth ! I'm afraid it's them you need to be wary of. Guns only have one function.

• creativehottycreativehotty THE GREAT WHITE NORTHPosts: 1,620 Pool Champion
    cidercoder wrote: »
    Any mentions of firearms in the UK will get you 10 years for possession, what is the point anyway, guns were made destruction... get a life, wakey...wakey. :|
    We never know when the Redcoats or some other unwanted intruder will try to take away our liberty again. It was lawfully armed citizenry that drove Cornwallis back to King Georges lap. This is why our constitution included the 2nd. amendment. Thank you Viscount Charles and all those who came.
    It's not the Redcoats you need worry about lol, it's those who walk amongst you, armed to the teeth ! I'm afraid it's them you need to be wary of. Guns only have one function.

totally agree !!! and its the mentality that needs to change in the states, and somehow its a political issue ... :dizzy:
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Bah Humbug !Posts: 9,632 Pool Forum VIP
    cidercoder wrote: »

totally agree !!! and its the mentality that needs to change in the states, and somehow its a political issue ... :dizzy:

Never gonna happen, the US has a mass shooting every 12 days !
    It just doesn't get reported internationally as much until the numbers start to get into the realms of the ridiculous.
    Look at the recent one's that have been reported and look how quickly they have already been forgotten.
    Guns are the biggest of businesses over there, as long as there are rich and powerful people willing to make a fast buck out of the deaths of their own countrymen, women and children nothing will ever change.
    Of all the terrible stories that come out of the USA about mass shootings, Sandy Hook has got to be the worst, and yet even the killing of 20+ 6 year old children was not enough to make people step back and say no, this cannot stand.
    I'm sure I am not the only person to have started getting "tragedy fatigue" from all the stories from the US, how many more do you need to hear about before you say oh well, they won't do anything about it anyway, so what's the point of worrying about it ?
    As much as I like Americans individually, and I do, as a supposedly "civilised" nation America sucks.

• David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 598 Pool Pro
    edited November 10
    Y'all are as bad with the kneejerk reactions as the MSM......lol. First off, you don't EVER, not ONCE, hear about LAWFUL citizens, who LEGALLY own a firearm, going and committing ANY type of "mass murder"..... As far as those "mass shootings", it's funny we NEVER had them, til the last decade primarily (you could say, since 9/11, and be TOTALLY accurate). Additionally, what you see/hear on the NEWS over there, isn't always on par with what the situation is/was and you should already know that just like we don't take OUR msm's at their word because we know THEY'RE a bunch of compulsive liars too :wink: (who HASN'T seen the fake CNN reporting at certain "tragedies" or "major weather events", oh you haven't? i can show you, lol.... or the myriad of LIES they've been caught in lately)

I've owned firearms since I was twelve when i got my first one and it was a Savage over and under. .22lr on top, and 20 gauge shotgun on bottom. Since then i've acquired through inheritance and my own personal collecting quite a few firearms and not a single one of them has EVER crawled out from my safe and harmed a soul. They, like me, don't look for trouble. They are there to subdue it. On the flip side of the "i don't look for trouble" coin, is just as heavy the notion that "i don't run from it either". Fight or flight? i'm too old and fat to run and i've gotten pretty good at "stand my ground" in a lifetime of "when needed" came along. Still never had to shoot someone and VERY happy to say it and pray I never will. Again, they are there for if trouble finds HERE, because the moment "you" break and enter my home, or bring ANY sort of threat to those i love i will blow "you" out "your" shoes, and i don't mean in a fun or sexual manner :wink: I don't WANT to hurt ANYONE. Not wanting to, doesn't = incapable of if necessary for protection of life, health and safety.

A very important piece to this conversation, is understanding that LEGISLATURE, cannot stop violence anyway. All firearms legislature does is hinder lawful citizens from purchasing firearms because criminals can't AND DON'T ANYWAY, buy guns from dealers, or legally........duhhhhh. No one ever seems to take that into consideration. Additionally, if you took EVERY SINGLE FIREARM on the PLANET, and smeltered them down into nothing, the HUMAN NATURE that is in some folks to bring harm to others will resort to the PRIMITIVE measures before firearms and either knife, club, bigazz rock or what have you to death instead, for your change in your purse to subdue their habits or desires......

Also, there is a pattern to these "mass shootings" if you dig deep enough. EVERY one of the armed assailants is on psychotropics of some sort. Many believe, there is a means to an end, an agenda in these "mass shooting" incidents if you will. Again, don't listen to the hoo-hah the news tells you and buy it lock stock and barrel as truth. ESPECIALLY when they're reporting somewhere you don't even live, lol.
    edited November 10
    LOL I wondered who would be the first to react David, almost a knee-jerk reaction one might say :D

I'm posting a graphic I found to argue some of the points you made since it's quicker than typing LOL
    Unfortunately the graphic is seriously out of date and doesn't take into account all the shootings since 2013, and that's a lot of deaths.

No lawful citizens with legally held weapons ?
    Not true.

Never had mass shootings before 9/11 ?
    Not true.

Every shooter had mental health problems ?
    Well duh LOL you have to be a nutter to even contemplate killing another human being. Why is it so easy for your nutters to buy guns ?
    Not allowed to comment if we don't live there ? Yet the US is allowed to interfere, invade, bomb anywhere in the world that doesn't have the capacity to stop you.

America is a very young country.
    It is technically advanced and very rich. That is not the same as civilised.
    It's like a sullen teenage boy that thinks he is invincible, knows everything already and the universe revolves around him.
    The rest of the world are waiting for him to grow up.

Americans are paranoid about their own government, hence the 2nd Amendment.
    Americans think the Constitution is inviolable, sacrosanct and unchangeable.
    But wait, surely an amendment can be amended ?

The life of just one child is a million times more important than the rights of any and all Americans to bear arms.

And why does anyone need assault weapons for self defence ?
    When was the last time that one man was attacked by 50 others ? That's the only time an assault weapon might be justified.

If there were no guns people would resort to primitive measures ?
    Yes, undoubtedly they would.
    And there are so many other countries all around the world that live with that fact, and do not have to live with 10s of 1000s of their people being killed every single year. And mass killings in those countries are extremely rare.

xihws4nyvbbu.jpg
    oooooh, pictures and graphics and pie charts. we can do that :wink: I'll address your comments IN your comments, below. But while we're looking at graphics and pie charts lets do a REALISTIC comparison, as i said, of VIOLENT CRIME. Wow, nice stats UK :smile:
    6l2bw63sqeik.png

Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    LOL I wondered who would be the first to react David, almost a knee-jerk reaction one might say :D no kneejerk reaction. just a response while reading forums hours later from yours

I'm posting a graphic I found to argue some of the points you made since it's quicker than typing LOL
    Unfortunately the graphic is seriously out of date and doesn't take into account all the shootings since 2013, and that's a lot of deaths.

No lawful citizens with legally held weapons ?
    Not true. easy to type/say, stats? sources?

Never had mass shootings before 9/11 ?
    Not true. i did say never, and by that token you are right. i should have elaborated more and said we've never seen/had them at the rate they are in the news, since the time after 9/11 and even your graphics show that spike in mass shootings

Every shooter had mental health problems ?
    Well duh LOL you have to be a nutter to even contemplate killing another human being. Why is it so easy for your nutters to buy guns ? it's really NOT as easy as you think. LAWFUL citizens like myself who go to purchase a firearm, BECAUSE of all the kneejerk reaction of old, go through a background check, waiting process and other restrictive measures to keep you from just walking in, and walking out with a firearm. CERTAIN firearms, such as hunting/sporting firearms, are pretty much "turn key" purchases but you STILL stand there and wait for background check to go through, and/or have to come back if the system is slow/delayed. it's NOT just easy to get them unless they are sold ILLEGALLY, or STOLEN, or GIVEN to these individuals. Straw purchases were a problem and loopholes at gunshows and even us responsible legal firearms owners were happy to see that addressed to it shut THOSE doors to "easy purchase". Seriously, what you see/hear is skewed to suit a narrative but you are free to believe what you wish

Not allowed to comment if we don't live there ? Yet the US is allowed to interfere, invade, bomb anywhere in the world that doesn't have the capacity to stop you. never said you can't comment but you shouldn't speak like the subject matter experts about somewhere you don't live and only HEAR/SEE what you "know" about a place. I can only provide demographics and charts and illustrations in comparison to where YOU live because i don't live there either and can't (and don't ) try to speak as if i know it's inner intricacies and happenings day to day because i DON'T,
    lol

America is a very young country.
    It is technically advanced and very rich. That is not the same as civilised.
    It's like a sullen teenage boy that thinks he is invincible, knows everything already and the universe revolves around him.
    The rest of the world are waiting for him to grow up. that's all good and it's a matter of opinion. we've come a LONG ways in our short existence and MANY a nation has no hesitation calling upon us in time of need and i don't just mean militarily. MONETARILY it can be shown who gives out in the top 5 of the world in AID too. but that doesn't suit our bully narrative well does it?
    lol. I can recall a conquesting history of England too, and trying to "subdue" nations for CENTURIES but we'll just leave that one in the past too since y'all "grew up" finally haha :wink:

Americans are paranoid about their own government, hence the 2nd Amendment.
    Americans think the Constitution is inviolable, sacrosanct and unchangeable.
    But wait, surely an amendment can be amended ? Americans SHOULD be concerned (you can use whatever adjective you wish) with their Government and keeping it in check. "A well regulated Militia...."

The life of just one child is a million times more important than the rights of any and all Americans to bear arms. i agree, tell that to EVERY abortion clinic worldwide too. those who murder children will not only answer HERE for their atrocities but i believe will answer eternally for it as well but i'm not the end all be all Judge there either :wink:

And why does anyone need assault weapons for self defence ?
    When was the last time that one man was attacked by 50 others ? That's the only time an assault weapon might be justified. why does it JUST have to be for self defense? many shoot sport shooting events and the A/R is a very popular platform as are some old warhorses like the M1 and such. Just because a weapon is designated an AUTOMATIC RIFLE, which is what AR originally stood for, before becoming the touchy feely adjective it has with Assault Rifle, doesn't mean that is readily available to the public either and it ISN'T without serious licensing and permits that are so ridiculously expensive it's out of reach for 99% of Americans which is fine with me too because in THAT aspect i can't see anyone needing full auto weapons for "personal protection". Most personal protection scenarios will be close enough to warrant a small arms defense such as a pistol or shotgun. A rifle is meant to "reach out" for medium to long range (but not with an AR,
    lol, gotta go .30cal or bigger rifles for that). I have an M4 Bushmaster, does that make me a "nutter" too? My "assault rifle" (LOL!) has never assaulted anyone. Assault is an ACTION, a rifle is a TOOL. The Japanese knew WHY not to attack the US on their own soil in a land war. That's why the majority of us who break no laws in ownership should be allowed to still. 98 million+ legal gun owners never harmed a single soul yesterday, today, nor will they tomorrow.

If there were no guns people would resort to primitive measures ?
    Yes, undoubtedly they would. as the chart i shared shows. and even in the "gun free zones"
    and cities THAT is where the firearm crime/fatalities are highest IN this Nation. You can't physically find and destroy every hidden weapon. They are hidden because they aren't suppose to have them anyway and can't be caught with them. As long as that threat exists i intend on leveling the playing field for myself

And there are so many other countries all around the world that live with that fact, and do not have to live with 10s of 1000s of their people being killed every single year. And mass killings in those countries are extremely rare. I can provide another few graphics and pie charts and pretty illustrations to disprove that statement too if you wish. We are actually ranked 14 worldwide in violent crime related deaths by FIREARMS alone, not as high as you might have thought and ranked even LOWER when you take ALL violent crime related deaths (knife, or whate have you) into consideration :wink:

xihws4nyvbbu.jpg

oooooh, pictures and graphics and pie charts. we can do that :wink:

OMG David, I have just spent 30 minutes writing a reply and I lost it while signing in haha.
    Back in another 30 mins LOL
    edited November 10
    Ooh this could be fun ! A proper debate between adults without heat or insults, thank you David ! LOL

OK here goes LOL

I read your pie chart with interest, and I must admit, some surprise.
    However please bear in mind that my post was all about mass shootings, something that has become a very American phenomenon, rather than violent crime in general.

Your first point.
    I said not true based on the graphic I posted that shows 55 out of the 67 active shooters between 1983 and 2013 obtained their weapons legally.

About the ease with which people can buy/get weapons when they should not be able to... in the most recent shooting in the news it was reported that the shooter who murdered those people in their own church had previously been a member of US armed forces and had been jailed for assaulting his wife and stepson, and yet they never even passed on the information to the relevant authorities which allowed him to arm himself legally. It's only one example but it serves to illustrate that the wrong people can and do get through the system.

The global reach of the MSM means that we all have more information about other countries than we have ever had before, and not living there doesn't necessarily preclude one from learning a lot about other places. What we learn may not be everything there is to know but it's certainly enough to form opinions.

Your point about having come a long way is right, in fact no other country has had more influence and impact on the rest of the world over the last 100 years than America has. You have exported so much to the rest of us, please don't export your gun culture too.
    The point is we have grown up, we have our own embarrassing history and I have no intention of apologising for the misdeeds of my ancestors. What's done is done, now move on, is my belief.
    I salute you for the aid that you have delivered internationally, however I don't support the concept of foreign aid.
    While there is still poverty and deprivation in your own country that money should be spent on your own people. The same applies to us here in the UK.
    It especially applies when some of the countries that we supply aid to hate the West and all that we stand for.

I don't believe that Americans ( or any country that purports to be a civilised society ) should be concerned with their government to the extent that they think that they need guns to keep said government in check.
    That's what the ballot box is for.
    A well regulated militia may well have been necessary when the US was going through it's formation as an independent nation, in order to forestall any chance of your newly won freedoms being stolen by those with the power to do so, but that couldn't happen now and probably couldn't have happened at any time within, at least, the last 100 years.
    Therefore your constitution is, in parts, out of date, especially where the 2nd Amendment is concerned.
    And there is no good reason why it should not be looked at and updated to reflect the society you live in now, as opposed to the society that is now no more than a footnote in your history.

This is where we really differ in our opinions David, because I believe that owning a firearm DOES have to be solely for self defence, and for NO other reason.
    In my view forget sport shooting and forget hunting.
    Exchanging those for the safety and peace of mind of the population would be a bargain.

Of course, I do accept that my beliefs have absolutely no chance of ever coming to fruition, the stable door is off it's hinges and the horse has well and truly bolted a long time ago.
    I have already stated in one of my earlier posts that if I had the misfortune to live in the USA I would carry a gun myself, regardless of how much I dislike the idea of ordinary people being armed.
    So I do understand your point about why you support gun ownership.
    I just don't believe anyone actually "needs" anything more than handguns or shotguns to defend themselves, their families and their homes.
  • SilentR4ySilentR4y Machismo Town Posts: 2,456 Pool Champion
    Hey Nan can i ask you a simple question, how much of your freedom will you be willing to give up in exchange for a personal safety?
    Let's imagine for a second that guns were banned universally in all of the countries, what will psychos do then, became peaceful law abiding citizens or find another way to cause mayhem? How much time will pass until there will be callings for restrictions of automobiles which they already use for mass killings, and if you think that this is an exaggeration just think about recent increase of self driving vehicles tests, it won't take long until autopilot will be ready for general public and everyday use. And what will be next after cars, maybe private ownership so we could beat the income inequality and try reduce crime rate by it?
    You see weapon is just a part of freedom, when you have a gun you don't have to rely on police's quick response you don't have to rely on government's good economic plan, you need food you can get it, you need to protect yourself you can do it.
    @SilentR4y

Hi Ray, long time no see LOL

That's not a fair question in your first sentence Ray, I think I'm right in saying that both you and David live in countries where guns are widespread, and in your case I would think they would be an absolute necessity considering what's happened over there in recent years thanks to Vlad.

If you read my last post right to the end you will find I have already said I would carry a gun in a situation where my safety, or the safety of my family, demands it.

I may be a very opinionated old baggage Ray but I am also a very practical one too LOL
    I'm lucky that I live where I do, so it's a moot point really.
  • G11gamingG11gaming Contributor XDPosts: 3,081 Pool Champion
    A spud gun .... ohhh nothing like dipping your weapon into a juicy potato >:) ;)

spud-gun-potato-shooter-25624-lifesyle.jpg
  • SilentR4ySilentR4y Machismo Town Posts: 2,456 Pool Champion
    @Nanny Ogg

Hi whatsup, just been lurking around and being extremely pro-gun (to the point that i think you should be able to buy a tank if you want) i couldn't go past your comment without saying something.

So you would use a gun if necessary to protect your family i get it i think most of people would, except maybe for extreme pacifists, but how would you get one with the gun ban, it really doesn't matter where you live crimes happen everywhere our society isn't perfect and never will be.

P.S. Before you say anything about banning just rifles consider that most of the mass shootings happen with a handguns (pistols).
    Re - arm the American public with water pistols;

Tomato%20Cannon%20Main.jpg

71sIPz4SXNL._SL1500_.jpg

7topleft wrote: »
    take the guns away from the americans wouldnt help anyways! they would kill each other with their bibles...... heard they are already working on bumpstocks for bibles!

LOL :D ^^^
    Ooh this could be fun ! A proper debate between adults without heat or insults, thank you David ! LOL

While there is still poverty and deprivation in your own country that money should be spent on your own people. The same applies to us here in the UK.
    It especially applies when some of the countries that we supply aid to hate the West and all that we stand for. agreed, totally. billions are sent to paki every year, sorry hack pool players, oops,
    did i type that outloud? lol, but they were harboring the very one EVERYONE knew we went to war to find, while "playing friend" and accepting $$$ and aid and we STILL give it to them and that i will never understand while as you said there is SUCH a need here at home

I don't believe that Americans ( or any country that purports to be a civilised society ) should be concerned with their government to the extent that they think that they need guns to keep said government in check. many disarmed Countries i can statistically show thought the same way til it ALL went wrong afterwards. "a disarmed population...."
    That's what the ballot box is for. HA!! if you believe in THAT hoohah. I think most of that is predetermined in some cases. i WATCHED on the dem national convention AND the rep national conventions our freedoms get stripped with the Patriot Act and NAFTA i believe it was. you could HEAR the overWHELMING "NAY"s to it and yet in BOTH conventions the announcer slaps gavel down with a "and the AYEs have it!" and it passed.....the polls and votes they took for it from the public census was against it by VAST majority and it "passed" by popular vote, lol
    A well regulated militia may well have been necessary when the US was going through it's formation as an independent nation, in order to forestall any chance of your newly won freedoms being stolen by those with the power to do so, but that couldn't happen now and probably couldn't have happened at any time within, at least, the last 100 years.

Therefore your constitution is, in parts, out of date, especially where the 2nd Amendment is concerned. our Constitution is NOT out of date and ESPECIALLY not the 2nd amendment. you are right we will have to agree to disagree on some points and i will adamantly defend ALL of those rights if need be but that is another discussion altogether, lol. I don't like "first amendment" spewing freaks attending soldiers' family funerals and protesting with God Hates You signs and God Killed Your Soldier signs and such but i would still defend THEIR "first amendment" right because it IS their right. just think the venue could be better chosen and it shows the ineptitude and petty nature of said "organizations" and "protest groups"
    And there is no good reason why it should not be looked at and updated to reflect the society you live in now, as opposed to the society that is now no more than a footnote in your history. it has been looked at and updated, that's why they're called AMENDMENTS, silly :wink:

This is where we really differ in our opinions David, because I believe that owning a firearm DOES have to be solely for self defence, and for NO other reason.
    In my view forget sport shooting and forget hunting.
    Exchanging those for the safety and peace of mind of the population would be a bargain. and this is where we DEFINITELY disagree. No one has a right to say I cannot provide for myself and my family, the meat/grain/fruit/vegetables/dairy i may produce. Firearms are THE humane method of taking game as it SHOULD be instantaneous on the killshot and minimal suffering as a result whereas primitive hunting methods aren't always a vital shot and even when so, lack the knockdown power which takes the "oomph" out of the animal at the moment of the vital shot, again, to minimize suffrage. I've seen arrow shots on a buck that ended up in over 2miles of tracking before he bled out....THAT seems more inhumane to me anyway. And before you get all vegetarian on me, i'd just say you're inhumane for killing THAT living organism, lol. That is the living plant that MY food eats! shame on you! :smiley:

meant to include in my LAST paragraph in answer to you that if you DIDN"T go full veggie on me, and said the typical "i'll get my meat from the STORE!" i'd have to say THAT is another thing i , at least, consider inhumane. Animals who are raised on mass scale, for the ENTIRE purpose of their life is slaughter for profit. Pumped full of steroids, antibiotics and Lord only knows what else, i prefer to eat nearly 100% fat/cholesterol free Venison, but don't get it twisted i still eat steak and burgers and chicken from the store too i just supplement my meat supply with God given resources :wink:
    With no debate - my world.
    il_340x270.1043403854_jkbb.jpg
    edited November 11
    @SilentR4y

I know that a ban is completely unworkable Ray, and I also know that I don't have the experience or the intelligence needed to find a solution to such a massive problem.

I do have a couple of suggestions though, and I know that they would be very unpopular but they might be a way to mitigate against the more recent shooters that are using automatic weapons more often than they used to.

Firstly I would say no to all automatic weapons full stop.
    Then I would set a limit on how many guns any one single individual can legally own, say one handgun, one shotgun and one hunting rifle per person.
    Then I would set a limit on how much ammunition any one single person is allowed to own at any one time.
    It won't stop mass shootings but it will certainly make them harder to do, and you certainly won't get 58 dead and 500+ wounded like in Las Vegas if the shooter had a limited armoury and ammo.

@David Rohrer

I think if there was ever a watertight case for amending the 1st Amendment and setting a limit on free speech ( or perhaps on how it is used ) then those evil Satan worshippers of the Westboro Baptist Church are IT.
    Some things are so wrong that the concept of free speech has to take a back seat for a while.

I used to be a vegetarian in my early 20's LOL
    It took me 2 full years to come to the conclusion that a life without bacon is not a life :D LOL
    I was actually going to say something along the lines of I do my hunting at the local market but you have preempted me LOL
    I have no argument against what you say about the way our food is produced, it isn't nice or even ethical but it's all we've got and I'll be dammed if I'm giving up bacon again anyway LOL
    You like to hunt, but you don't need to.
    You live in the most highly developed country on the planet. The days of the hunter/gatherer are centuries past LOL
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,326 Pool Forum VIP
    edited November 11
    You live in the most highly developed country on the planet. The days of the hunter/gatherer are centuries past LOL

Not to be argumentative at all on that point Nan...but have to point out that that is not entirely true..... ;) the second part that is...

We have our fair share of object poverty, areas of blight and a severely stretched infrastructure nationwide.....Some areas are far worse and destitute than others....and some areas of the United States, particularly Alaska here, are so far-flung and remote that to live, means to hunt, kill and consume local fauna and flora....
    But that is also an issue on some of the sprawling Indian Reservations (and yes, they do still exist), remote areas in mountainous regions, sparsely populated sections of some states, and lack of distribution facilities for said remote areas....

I know for a fact, since I have witnessed first-hand on more than one occasion, that such conditions exist here...especially in Alaska and on Native American seclusion areas (officially called Reservations), I grew up within 5 miles of the borders of a HUGE one in Northern Minnesota.... The children went to the same school as I, and were extremely unfairly treated and excluded from the stereotypical societal benefits and lifestyle envisioned by many of what America is like..... :|
    I was good friends with many of them...and spent a lot of my mid-teens hanging out and 'learning' the way of 'the people' as they say......Many of those families did nearly completely depend on and utilize the hunting/fishing/agricultural rights reserved for them..
    And in Alaska, it is absolutely essential for survival for anyone living more than 50 miles or so from the nearest larger metropolitan area...you hunt, fish, grow what you can .... or you die.....

Keep in mind, America is HUGE...4th largest in the world in land mass...our current population is roughly 350 million.....India fits over a billion in approximately one third the total area, and they still have very large remote and primitive areas as well......I have been to areas within the continental US where literally speaking, the next human may not be around for 50 miles .. and I don't mean a populated area....but literally any other human....lol... ..... very few countries in mainland Europe can make that claim with the centuries of development there....excepting of course for the Scandinavian north and Russia .... ;)

Sorry for rambling on, but the bottom line is that here in the US, hunting/fishing/living off the land does still exist....and can mean the difference between life and death.... :)

*And I am not advocating for either side on the gun issues themselves here either....I have my own beliefs on gun control/ownership and do not wish to engage in that particular discussion....only on the fact that living off the land here is a normal way of life for some still.... :)

X5lbOom.gif

Post edited by Sunidhifan on
    @Sunidhifan

Hey Jeff

Never apologise for any of your ramblings hun, just a single one of your contributions is worth at least 500 of some others LOL
    Also thank you for correcting and enlightening me on how some poor souls are still having to live in the richest nation on earth. Your stories are always interesting and worth reading ;)

@David Rohrer

Hey David

Sorry for presuming that you don't need to hunt. I don't know that and should not have assumed :)

Also, going back to what you were saying about the Ayes and the Nays in your political system, and I am simply gobsmacked that such archaic practices still go on in this day and age.
    I could understand it happening over here, we still have more than our fair share of stuffy, old fashioned backwards thinkers over here, hence Nigel Farrage and Brexit LOL but what some people fail to understand is that tradition just for the sake of tradition is actually stagnation LOL
    Also, Jeffs' stories just proved my point about how foreign aid should be used domestically for one's own people first, over here the Tories austerity drive has resulted in actual food banks springing up in some of our cities poorest areas because some of our people cannot even afford to eat. How the héll is that possible in a first world country in 2017 ?