Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

What is your favorite firearm

Comments

• SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,163 Pool Forum VIP
    edited November 11
    @Nanny Ogg Thanks for the compliment... :blush:

Just on a totally unrelated and odd aside here.....back in 1979 on my first trip to Hawaii, I was absolutely flabbergasted to see a Christmas tree lot.....not that the lot was there...but the outrageous prices being proffered and paid......LOL....LOL....a scrimpy-looking scraggly 3 foot (91 Centimeters) tall, ten skinny branches one was $75.00 US.....lol.....they had cargo barges out of Alaska dedicated every year to ship TONS of them...... :|
    And conversely, when I visited my sister in Alaska, I was stunned to see fresh ripe Pineapples at like $30.00 US each.....lol....that makes for spendy Pina Colada's ...hahahahahaha...And they sold like hotcakes....entire store shipment would disappear in 2 days....lol.....go figure.... :D

X5lbOom.gif
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Bites backPosts: 9,345 Pool Forum VIP
    LOL Jeff I've said this before and I still think it's true... you may be a single country in name, but in reality you are a loose knit collection of very different countries ( or states in the nationhood sense of the word ) all sheltering under the one flag LOL
    @Nanny Ogg
    In a totally and non-biased way, I will say from what I have seen in the world over the years...America as a nation is most likely the most diverse one there is..... the single greatest allure for many in the world..... ;) :)

X5lbOom.gif
    And The Queen of Going Off Topic ( even in Off Topic :D ) has done it again... I love this forum LOL
    edited November 11
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    And The Queen of Going Off Topic ( even in Off Topic :D ) has done it again... I love this forum LOL

Lol.....we are all more than guilty of that.....hehehe...my apologies to the thread author.... ;)

I forgot to add.....that Pineapple I saw in Alaska was at the Air Force Commissary for military families on Eielson Air Force base near Fairbanks....who had much better delivery and distribution facilities/capabilities access than many local residents, even Fairbanks itself..... lol...everything has to be shipped in over vast expanses via commercial transport ....far more expenses to pass on to the consumer than military delivered items....costs just as much if not more of course, but that was not passed on to the military families.... ;) ...benefits and all that being what they are don't ya know.... :) ......I would hate to hazard a guess at what one would have cost in the 'bush'.....lol....probably well over a $100.00...... :D :D

But just to keep on topic somewhat.....I did some great fishing and hunting when up there.... ;)

X5lbOom.gif
  • SilentR4ySilentR4y Machismo Town Posts: 2,450 Pool Champion
    @Nanny Ogg

the problem with your propositions is that fully automatic rifles is already banned in most states and it's completely illegal to modify semi automatic into full auto like Vegas shooter did, limiting the number of firearms per person won't do anything as Orlando shooter last year used only one rifle yet it didn't stop him from killing 50 people, and setting a limit on ammunition is just completely useless since you can say buy 50 bullets go to range fire ten of them and report that you used them all, do that couple of times and you have more than enough for any shooting.
    Restrictions just doesn't work, Europe probably has the strictest gun laws on the planet but it didn't stop ISIS militants from obtaining them. Just look at your graph from previous post, in the nineties there were numerous of gun laws implemented, but mass shootings only increased.
    Also it worth mentioning that guns are used for self defense all the time, recent Texas shooting only proves that, shooter was stopped by an armed citizen. If you need more examples you can go to r/dgu on reddit, they have reports like that every day.
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 412 Pool Pro
    edited November 11
    Ok, lots to address. You already retorted and retracted the "need to hunt" topic but i am going to address it AND address Jeff's response to it in the same first discussion here. Jeff is ABSOLUTELY right about "local prices" for "exported items". You can't grow cantaloupes and a VAST majority of fruit or veggies in Alaska unless you have the means (and $$$$) to build ELABORATE (have to be able to stand winter storms) greenhouses with elaborate climate control for year round maintenance of stable environment. The export of those ESSENTIAL items (you know, FOOD....) is so outrageously overpriced in those "remote reach" places that it offsets the balance in economy for locals and the cost of living there is ridiculous on some counts and a DREAM in others (for those of us with the monopolies of utility companies here and their price gouging). ANOTHER very crucial factor to this piece of the puzzle with hunting nanny, is that man has destroyed the majority of natural predators for game species such as deer, and elk, and moose and such. You should see the pie charts and statistics on DEER RELATED DEATHS in automobiles each year as a result. It WAY TOPPLES murder by firearm, no joke! (as does heart attack and other deaths, lol). HERD MANAGEMENT is essential to ecosystem. They will outnumber the natural areas left that AREN"T habitat for humans now and ever sprawling, and eat out the natural flora there before it could EVER hope to replenish. Ethical hunters, not poachers, and merciless killers of game, and "sport hunters" (for trophy racks..... you can't eat horns, that's what i've always said :smiley: ), but ETHICAL and legal hunters, by the means of the Wildlife Departments across the Country's statistical data and limitations, keep these #'s in check. You're only allowed to harvest bucks on certain days and mostly Does which is what i prefer to harvest anyway. they are more tender meat, and outnumber the bucks 5 to 1 and much higher in some areas.

As far as the archaic "voting" systems they still practice, i could not agree more..... and the fact that you BLATANTLY , in our FACES on live tv, swing the gavel in the opposite direction of the clearly heard votes, lol.... and the screaming and shaking fists afterwards....yeah, we saw that til the cameras cut :wink: additionally i went back and re-read what i typed. WOW was i tired and spewing untruth, lol. it wasn't dem and rep natl conventions it was like first the house, and then the senate votes on it. they were BOTH, at that time, mostly dem controlled during O administration. Anyway, calling MYSELF out on that one and can't believe my tired brain took it to there with the conventions, LOL :smiley:

and lastly, but should have been firstly, in my BEST Homer J. Simpson voice "Mmmmmmmmmm, Baaaaaconnnnnnnnnnnnn!!! Arf Arf MORRRRRRRRRRE!!!" :smiley:
    Post edited by David Rohrer on
    SilentR4y wrote: »
    @Nanny Ogg

the problem with your propositions is that fully automatic rifles is already banned in most states and it's completely illegal to modify semi automatic into full auto like Vegas shooter did, limiting the number of firearms per person won't do anything as Orlando shooter last year used only one rifle yet it didn't stop him from killing 50 people, and setting a limit on ammunition is just completely useless since you can say buy 50 bullets go to range fire ten of them and report that you used them all, do that couple of times and you have more than enough for any shooting.
    Restrictions just doesn't work, Europe probably has the strictest gun laws on the planet but it didn't stop ISIS militants from obtaining them. Just look at your graph from previous post, in the nineties there were numerous of gun laws implemented, but mass shootings only increased.
    Also it worth mentioning that guns are used for self defense all the time, recent Texas shooting only proves that, shooter was stopped by an armed citizen. If you need more examples you can go to r/dgu on reddit, they have reports like that every day.

well said, i was holding off articulating these facts until the "if it continued" came along :smile: They NEVER report on the news, nor do the statistics include (but you CAN find FBI statistics on it online) the LEGALLY ARMED CITIZENS who STOP violent crime, and many times WITHOUT firing their weapons, its the fact they were armed and able to challenge the threat and some folks might wanna commit crimes but not necessarily go away from this planet in that moment so they decide to give up. Sometimes it DOESN'T go down that way, for the criminal OR the legally armed citizen but you never hear about those things, only the touchy feely things and directed narratives and i haven't even TOUCHED the "crisis actors" topic yet.........reserving......lol :wink: a LOT of this nanny, can be proven to have holes all through it and i don't mean from bullets... just saying. There IS a means to an end, in their agenda. Don't get it twisted.
    edited November 11

and lastly, but should have been firstly, in my BEST Homer J. Simpson voice "Mmmmmmmmmm, Baaaaaconnnnnnnnnnnnn!!! Arf Arf MORRRRRRRRRRE!!!" :smiley:

LOL David, you know what, apart from guns and gods ( neither of which I believe in >:) ;) ) we are probably closer than we are apart in our views LOL

Also thanks for the education over the hunting debate, it just goes to show you are never too old to learn something new LOL

guns and gods ( neither of which I believe in >:)
    You should give it a try Nan
    xehjizzspqcv.jpg

Jesus and a Henry? LOL i'm steering clear of this one before i blaspheme, lol.
    Hahhahaahaha Ray not exactly the most christian of portraits LOL
    Also, why do they always portray him as a caucasian ? Some of the mormon portraits even give him blonde hair and blue eyes ! LOL the man was an arab from the middle east for goodness sake LOL
    edited November 11
    Also, why do they always portray him as a caucasian ? Some of the mormon portraits even give him blonde hair and blue eyes ! LOL the man was an arab from the middle east for goodness sake LOL

But middle eastern people pretty white as i see, and he is from northern Israel so not that much of a middle east.

Here, president of United Arab Emirates, pretty white to me
    image_update_1d50dea0de532225_1367294489_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg
    SilentR4y wrote: »

But middle eastern people pretty white as i see, and he is from northern Israel so not that much of a middle east.

Here, president of United Arab Emirates, pretty white to me
    image_update_1d50dea0de532225_1367294489_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

LOL Going slightly off at a tangent here but I wonder what the racists will do in a thousand years or so, when we are all the same shade of mid-brown ?
    Will the new "isms" be blue-eyedism, or left-handedism or shortism or fatism ?
    There will always be something that humanity will find to discriminate against LOL
  • *Aurora**Aurora* Join the N0V8MB8R League!Posts: 6,227 Pool Forum VIP
    In the future you can manipulate your genes into anything you wish.
    i see SOME women trying to "manipulate into their jeans" all the time that shouldn't........LOL ....oh, not what you meant? and WAY off topic, hahaha SQUIRRELLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!! :D
  • *Aurora**Aurora* Join the N0V8MB8R League!Posts: 6,227 Pool Forum VIP
    i see SOME women trying to "manipulate into their jeans" all the time that shouldn't........LOL ....oh, not what you meant? and WAY off topic, hahaha SQUIRRELLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!! :D

:D PMSL
    Squirrel ? OMGGGGGG shades of PaulB ! OMG I miss him so much :'(
    edited November 11
    I've always used that, and "Shinyyyyyy" from the Crow from hmmm, one of those disney animations, and "Sparkleyyyyyyyyyy" from Templeton the rat on Charlottes Web. I get distracted easily, b00b33s do it too, lol, sad but true :D

EDIT*** but to STAY ON TRACK (ahem, lol) have you ever fired a weapon nanny? not necessarily modern smokeless firearm, but an old black powder, or stringed archery weapon? slingshot? bb gun? target shooting is FUN! especially when you realize you are not only good at it, but ambidextrous and good at it either stance :wink: the more you shoot the more you want to, lol. And i don't mean going out and acting like a jackhole either. My father was 23 years military, over 12 years Law Enforcement and on State, Federal, and Military shooting teams for longer than that. I was engrained in gun SAFETY culture. If i EVER mishandled a firearm my father would have broke it over me and that is more truth than fiction! An approved range, with responsible handling of a firearm, and a "range master" giving safety instructions, can be one of the most exhilarating experiences you will ever have and even IF it might not sound like it until you've tried it you really don't know. ESPECIALLY if you are on a SPECIAL range and get to shoot some tannerite or something and it goes BOOM! I've had a lot of specialized training so i understand the safety in it and the RESPONSIBILITY most importantly. Bullets don't come back just like words and can do a lot more permanent damage. In the same vein as specialized training and making things go boom, i'll have to tell y'all about UXO school sometime. THAT, was probably the best 200hrs of my LIFE in nearly 47 years (16th will be 47 :wink: ). I was going to, and still could if i didn't have the dogs and could travel....do that for a living. Who WOULDN"T want to answer the question "What do you do for a living?" with "I blow $#!+ up" LOL :D