Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

What is your favorite firearm

Comments

• Slartibartfast6Slartibartfast6 Posts: 463 Pool Pro
    zip11737a wrote: »
    In 1963 I saved the 49 dollars so I could by that same Savage over & under at Monkeywards. Although your accident can be humorous now, I am glad it did not have a more serious outcome. Many accidents involved climbing over a fence. One should first cross without the firearm and then passed to your partner. When alone slide it under the fence barrel first. Keep looking you should be able to locate a replacement.

I have a working television in my office that was the very last thing I purchased from Montgomery Wards!!!
  • G11gamingG11gaming Rock out :BPosts: 4,555 Pool Champion
    none lol

Never seen a " none " gun what is it? :hushed:
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    G11gaming wrote: »
    none lol

Never seen a " none " gun what is it? :hushed:

Spelling mistake?

young-woman-nun-gun-isolated-white-background-51019839.jpg

Oh my - a naughty nunnone with a gun.. :yum: :love: :D
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,881 Pool Forum Veteran
    All time favourite The M16
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 851 Pool Expert
    I had a Savage over and under but mine was .22 and 20ga :)
  • zip11737azip11737a Posts: 1,614 Pool Champion
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Point well made. Although funny, some folks can't even be trusted with a screwdriver. :D
  • The ScobesterThe Scobester Posts: 2,803 Pool Champion
    Any mentions of firearms in the UK will get you 10 years for possession, what is the point anyway, guns were made destruction... get a life, wakey...wakey. :|
    Any mentions of firearms in the UK will get you 10 years for possession, what is the point anyway, guns were made destruction... get a life, wakey...wakey. :|

" Guns don't kill, people do " but yeah you are right guns were designed to kill, so why sell them to the public?
    I accept guns for hunting. At least here in Finland moose are very dangerous in traffic and need to be eliminated to some extent. Now the boars are spreading too.

Some would argue, relocate them, we have invaded their space.
    G11gaming wrote: »
    I accept guns for hunting. At least here in Finland moose are very dangerous in traffic and need to be eliminated to some extent. Now the boars are spreading too.

Some would argue, relocate them, we have invaded their space.

Of course there are fences along the road side where there's known to be more moose crossing the road. Every hunting club only gets permit to shoot a certain amount of moose every autumn. You don't get those in UK, they are huge compared to deer. You wouldn't want to hit them.

Bigger-than-you-think.jpg

We are taking this slightly off topic now ;) the uk is boring for wildlife we have the odd deer that strays onto the road that's about it lol.
  • zip11737azip11737a Posts: 1,614 Pool Champion
    We never know when the Redcoats or some other unwanted intruder will try to take away our liberty again. It was lawfully armed citizenry that drove Cornwallis back to King Georges lap. This is why our constitution included the 2nd. amendment. Thank you Viscount Charles and all those who came.
  • cidercodercidercoder Posts: 1,068 Pool Champion
    edited October 2017
    We never know when the Redcoats or some other unwanted intruder will try to take away our liberty again. It was lawfully armed citizenry that drove Cornwallis back to King Georges lap. This is why our constitution included the 2nd. amendment. Thank you Viscount Charles and all those who came.
    It's not the Redcoats you need worry about lol, it's those who walk amongst you, armed to the teeth ! I'm afraid it's them you need to be wary of. Guns only have one function.

• creativehottycreativehotty rainy season atmPosts: 2,206 Pool Champion
    cidercoder wrote: »
    It's not the Redcoats you need worry about lol, it's those who walk amongst you, armed to the teeth ! I'm afraid it's them you need to be wary of. Guns only have one function.

totally agree !!! and its the mentality that needs to change in the states, and somehow its a political issue ... :dizzy:
    cidercoder wrote: »

totally agree !!! and its the mentality that needs to change in the states, and somehow its a political issue ... :dizzy:

Never gonna happen, the US has a mass shooting every 12 days !
    It just doesn't get reported internationally as much until the numbers start to get into the realms of the ridiculous.
    Look at the recent one's that have been reported and look how quickly they have already been forgotten.
    Guns are the biggest of businesses over there, as long as there are rich and powerful people willing to make a fast buck out of the deaths of their own countrymen, women and children nothing will ever change.
    Of all the terrible stories that come out of the USA about mass shootings, Sandy Hook has got to be the worst, and yet even the killing of 20+ 6 year old children was not enough to make people step back and say no, this cannot stand.
    I'm sure I am not the only person to have started getting "tragedy fatigue" from all the stories from the US, how many more do you need to hear about before you say oh well, they won't do anything about it anyway, so what's the point of worrying about it ?
    As much as I like Americans individually, and I do, as a supposedly "civilised" nation America sucks.

edited November 2017
    Y'all are as bad with the kneejerk reactions as the MSM......lol. First off, you don't EVER, not ONCE, hear about LAWFUL citizens, who LEGALLY own a firearm, going and committing ANY type of "mass murder"..... As far as those "mass shootings", it's funny we NEVER had them, til the last decade primarily (you could say, since 9/11, and be TOTALLY accurate). Additionally, what you see/hear on the NEWS over there, isn't always on par with what the situation is/was and you should already know that just like we don't take OUR msm's at their word because we know THEY'RE a bunch of compulsive liars too :wink: (who HASN'T seen the fake CNN reporting at certain "tragedies" or "major weather events", oh you haven't? i can show you, lol.... or the myriad of LIES they've been caught in lately)

I've owned firearms since I was twelve when i got my first one and it was a Savage over and under. .22lr on top, and 20 gauge shotgun on bottom. Since then i've acquired through inheritance and my own personal collecting quite a few firearms and not a single one of them has EVER crawled out from my safe and harmed a soul. They, like me, don't look for trouble. They are there to subdue it. On the flip side of the "i don't look for trouble" coin, is just as heavy the notion that "i don't run from it either". Fight or flight? i'm too old and fat to run and i've gotten pretty good at "stand my ground" in a lifetime of "when needed" came along. Still never had to shoot someone and VERY happy to say it and pray I never will. Again, they are there for if trouble finds HERE, because the moment "you" break and enter my home, or bring ANY sort of threat to those i love i will blow "you" out "your" shoes, and i don't mean in a fun or sexual manner :wink: I don't WANT to hurt ANYONE. Not wanting to, doesn't = incapable of if necessary for protection of life, health and safety.

A very important piece to this conversation, is understanding that LEGISLATURE, cannot stop violence anyway. All firearms legislature does is hinder lawful citizens from purchasing firearms because criminals can't AND DON'T ANYWAY, buy guns from dealers, or legally........duhhhhh. No one ever seems to take that into consideration. Additionally, if you took EVERY SINGLE FIREARM on the PLANET, and smeltered them down into nothing, the HUMAN NATURE that is in some folks to bring harm to others will resort to the PRIMITIVE measures before firearms and either knife, club, bigazz rock or what have you to death instead, for your change in your purse to subdue their habits or desires......

Also, there is a pattern to these "mass shootings" if you dig deep enough. EVERY one of the armed assailants is on psychotropics of some sort. Many believe, there is a means to an end, an agenda in these "mass shooting" incidents if you will. Again, don't listen to the hoo-hah the news tells you and buy it lock stock and barrel as truth. ESPECIALLY when they're reporting somewhere you don't even live, lol.
    edited November 2017
    LOL I wondered who would be the first to react David, almost a knee-jerk reaction one might say :D

I'm posting a graphic I found to argue some of the points you made since it's quicker than typing LOL
    Unfortunately the graphic is seriously out of date and doesn't take into account all the shootings since 2013, and that's a lot of deaths.

No lawful citizens with legally held weapons ?
    Not true.

Never had mass shootings before 9/11 ?
    Not true.

Every shooter had mental health problems ?
    Well duh LOL you have to be a nutter to even contemplate killing another human being. Why is it so easy for your nutters to buy guns ?
    Not allowed to comment if we don't live there ? Yet the US is allowed to interfere, invade, bomb anywhere in the world that doesn't have the capacity to stop you.

America is a very young country.
    It is technically advanced and very rich. That is not the same as civilised.
    It's like a sullen teenage boy that thinks he is invincible, knows everything already and the universe revolves around him.
    The rest of the world are waiting for him to grow up.

Americans are paranoid about their own government, hence the 2nd Amendment.
    Americans think the Constitution is inviolable, sacrosanct and unchangeable.
    But wait, surely an amendment can be amended ?

The life of just one child is a million times more important than the rights of any and all Americans to bear arms.

And why does anyone need assault weapons for self defence ?
    When was the last time that one man was attacked by 50 others ? That's the only time an assault weapon might be justified.

If there were no guns people would resort to primitive measures ?
    Yes, undoubtedly they would.
    And there are so many other countries all around the world that live with that fact, and do not have to live with 10s of 1000s of their people being killed every single year. And mass killings in those countries are extremely rare.

xihws4nyvbbu.jpg
    oooooh, pictures and graphics and pie charts. we can do that :wink: I'll address your comments IN your comments, below. But while we're looking at graphics and pie charts lets do a REALISTIC comparison, as i said, of VIOLENT CRIME. Wow, nice stats UK :smile:
    6l2bw63sqeik.png

Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    LOL I wondered who would be the first to react David, almost a knee-jerk reaction one might say :D no kneejerk reaction. just a response while reading forums hours later from yours

I'm posting a graphic I found to argue some of the points you made since it's quicker than typing LOL
    Unfortunately the graphic is seriously out of date and doesn't take into account all the shootings since 2013, and that's a lot of deaths.

No lawful citizens with legally held weapons ?
    Not true. easy to type/say, stats? sources?

Never had mass shootings before 9/11 ?
    Not true. i did say never, and by that token you are right. i should have elaborated more and said we've never seen/had them at the rate they are in the news, since the time after 9/11 and even your graphics show that spike in mass shootings

Every shooter had mental health problems ?
    Well duh LOL you have to be a nutter to even contemplate killing another human being. Why is it so easy for your nutters to buy guns ? it's really NOT as easy as you think. LAWFUL citizens like myself who go to purchase a firearm, BECAUSE of all the kneejerk reaction of old, go through a background check, waiting process and other restrictive measures to keep you from just walking in, and walking out with a firearm. CERTAIN firearms, such as hunting/sporting firearms, are pretty much "turn key" purchases but you STILL stand there and wait for background check to go through, and/or have to come back if the system is slow/delayed. it's NOT just easy to get them unless they are sold ILLEGALLY, or STOLEN, or GIVEN to these individuals. Straw purchases were a problem and loopholes at gunshows and even us responsible legal firearms owners were happy to see that addressed to it shut THOSE doors to "easy purchase". Seriously, what you see/hear is skewed to suit a narrative but you are free to believe what you wish

Not allowed to comment if we don't live there ? Yet the US is allowed to interfere, invade, bomb anywhere in the world that doesn't have the capacity to stop you. never said you can't comment but you shouldn't speak like the subject matter experts about somewhere you don't live and only HEAR/SEE what you "know" about a place. I can only provide demographics and charts and illustrations in comparison to where YOU live because i don't live there either and can't (and don't ) try to speak as if i know it's inner intricacies and happenings day to day because i DON'T,
    lol

America is a very young country.
    It is technically advanced and very rich. That is not the same as civilised.
    It's like a sullen teenage boy that thinks he is invincible, knows everything already and the universe revolves around him.
    The rest of the world are waiting for him to grow up. that's all good and it's a matter of opinion. we've come a LONG ways in our short existence and MANY a nation has no hesitation calling upon us in time of need and i don't just mean militarily. MONETARILY it can be shown who gives out in the top 5 of the world in AID too. but that doesn't suit our bully narrative well does it?
    lol. I can recall a conquesting history of England too, and trying to "subdue" nations for CENTURIES but we'll just leave that one in the past too since y'all "grew up" finally haha :wink:

Americans are paranoid about their own government, hence the 2nd Amendment.
    Americans think the Constitution is inviolable, sacrosanct and unchangeable.
    But wait, surely an amendment can be amended ? Americans SHOULD be concerned (you can use whatever adjective you wish) with their Government and keeping it in check. "A well regulated Militia...."

The life of just one child is a million times more important than the rights of any and all Americans to bear arms. i agree, tell that to EVERY abortion clinic worldwide too. those who murder children will not only answer HERE for their atrocities but i believe will answer eternally for it as well but i'm not the end all be all Judge there either :wink:

And why does anyone need assault weapons for self defence ?
    When was the last time that one man was attacked by 50 others ? That's the only time an assault weapon might be justified. why does it JUST have to be for self defense? many shoot sport shooting events and the A/R is a very popular platform as are some old warhorses like the M1 and such. Just because a weapon is designated an AUTOMATIC RIFLE, which is what AR originally stood for, before becoming the touchy feely adjective it has with Assault Rifle, doesn't mean that is readily available to the public either and it ISN'T without serious licensing and permits that are so ridiculously expensive it's out of reach for 99% of Americans which is fine with me too because in THAT aspect i can't see anyone needing full auto weapons for "personal protection". Most personal protection scenarios will be close enough to warrant a small arms defense such as a pistol or shotgun. A rifle is meant to "reach out" for medium to long range (but not with an AR,
    lol, gotta go .30cal or bigger rifles for that). I have an M4 Bushmaster, does that make me a "nutter" too? My "assault rifle" (LOL!) has never assaulted anyone. Assault is an ACTION, a rifle is a TOOL. The Japanese knew WHY not to attack the US on their own soil in a land war. That's why the majority of us who break no laws in ownership should be allowed to still. 98 million+ legal gun owners never harmed a single soul yesterday, today, nor will they tomorrow.

If there were no guns people would resort to primitive measures ?
    Yes, undoubtedly they would. as the chart i shared shows. and even in the "gun free zones"
    and cities THAT is where the firearm crime/fatalities are highest IN this Nation. You can't physically find and destroy every hidden weapon. They are hidden because they aren't suppose to have them anyway and can't be caught with them. As long as that threat exists i intend on leveling the playing field for myself

And there are so many other countries all around the world that live with that fact, and do not have to live with 10s of 1000s of their people being killed every single year. And mass killings in those countries are extremely rare. I can provide another few graphics and pie charts and pretty illustrations to disprove that statement too if you wish. We are actually ranked 14 worldwide in violent crime related deaths by FIREARMS alone, not as high as you might have thought and ranked even LOWER when you take ALL violent crime related deaths (knife, or whate have you) into consideration :wink:

xihws4nyvbbu.jpg

oooooh, pictures and graphics and pie charts. we can do that :wink:

OMG David, I have just spent 30 minutes writing a reply and I lost it while signing in haha.
    Back in another 30 mins LOL