Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

What is your favorite firearm

Comments

• creativehottycreativehotty THE GREAT WHITE NORTHPosts: 1,617 Pool Champion
    none lol
  • Slartibartfast6Slartibartfast6 Posts: 444 Pool Pro
    1srdcvza78g6.png
    This one isn't mine but I had one just like it many years ago and its the only gun I've ever owned. I forgot what it even looked like until I found this Google image.
    It's a "Savage Stevens" 22 caliber-410 gauge over/under double barrel. The US Air Force supplied their pilots with it as part of an emergency survival kit on aircrafts during the 1930's & 40's and it was also one of the very first firearms ever manufactured with plastic stocks.
    It had a button on the side to toggle the hammer up & down between the rifle & shotgun barrels. My dad picked it up at a garage sale and gave it to me for casual hunting trips with him & my older brother. I only got to use it a couple of times before it was confiscated by the sheriff. Although I could have, I never reclaimed it. It's surely a coveted collectors piece by now.
    The following isn't so relevant to the original topic but it's true so why leave it out?
    I was 19 on the fateful day that I last laid eyes on this gun. My brother & I were out tracking small game and I had both barrels loaded with shells as he went to hand it back to me after I had climbed first over a barbed wire fence. Evidently I had the safety off as well. We're both sure that we never heard any report from the gun but neither of us will ever forget some of the hateful names I was launching at him for the "Charlie Horse" that I initially thought was the result of him jabbing me really hard in the shoulder with the muzzle. We then stood there in speechless astonishment as a plume of smoke emitted from a singed little whole in my jacket. It took another long moment for us to get our heads around the fact that he had actually shot me in the upper chest towards my shoulder, right under my collar bone. Neither of us ever fully freaked out since he had shot me in that same sweet spot that pretty much all of the more reputable action heroes take a bullet yet can also easily go on to vanquish their enemies in movies. I was actually sort of thrilled, at first. He must've said "Dude, I'm so sorry" a thousand times as he was driving me to the ER, but I kept dismissing his apologies since I couldn't think of anything cooler than to have a "Die Hard" style gunshot wound to impress the bejesus out of all the chicks.
    It never bled a drop but it wasn't long before it began burning like crazy and aching unbearably This would linger on for decades and throughout several surgeries. We never found out what caused the gun to discharge but that 22 caliber long round had burst into hundreds of fragments when it made contact with the shoulder bones that it had also shattered. The ER staff was obligated to call the police before they called our father but when he met us at the hospital, my dads first question for my brother was "how many times did you shoot him, ya dumb son of *#+%???!!!"
    We still giggle to this day at my brothers indignant response;
    "Well pop, since it was that single shot that you gave him & I really didn't have the time nor did I feel any need to reload, I only shot him once."
    Pop never giggles at anything, let alone this memory....
    No one had to point out the fact that if that hammer had been toggled on the 410 shotgun barrel instead of the rifle, I'd have probably been killed instantly, or at the very best I would've lost an entire arm and been significantly disfigured for the rest of my life.
    The first surgery was performed that night to remove several of the bigger pieces of the bullet. The surgeon felt that taking any more out would do too much damage so they just stitched it all up with them in there and immobilized my right arm for the following 8 weeks. I only spent 3 nights in the hospital but the morphine drip there made that better than spring break. Along with enduring the agonizing nonstop throb & ache, I had to use my left hand for everything, which was the worst part. Ever tried accomplishing those otherwise mindless tasks such as wiping your rear end with your non dominant hand? Oh, the shame & my lord, the mess....
    Over the past 28 years I've undergone 3 more very invasive procedures to remove the fragments that had suddenly wandered into my shoulder joint and lodged themselves between the ball & socket, subsequently wreaking havoc on all the tender bits of tissue in there. There's been over a dozen times I've developed a pimple in my armpit as the result of a tiny chunk of lead festering it's way to my skins surface. They eventually popped right out but there's countless fragments still in there that will never come out after having been fused into those broken bones as they healed.
    A couple of unrelated chest X-rays since then have sent several unsuspecting physicians & radiologists into a frenzied panic after I failed to disclose what was lurking within me before they viewed the images.
    The most recent of these surgeries was 7 years ago. I was the assistant coach for my sons flag football team. On the first day of practice I snapped a ball to one of the kids and immediately knew what had happened. My arm was literally frozen upwards over my head as the ensuing pain brought me to my knees. I had to hold my arm out of the window with my hand hovering over the car roof during the entire ride to the ER.
    Regardless of it all, this firearm is my favorite and I'd love to have it back.
  • zip11737azip11737a Posts: 1,612 Pool Champion
    In 1963 I saved the 49 dollars so I could by that same Savage over & under at Monkeywards. Although your accident can be humorous now, I am glad it did not have a more serious outcome. Many accidents involved climbing over a fence. One should first cross without the firearm and then passed to your partner. When alone slide it under the fence barrel first. Keep looking you should be able to locate a replacement.
  • Slartibartfast6Slartibartfast6 Posts: 444 Pool Pro
    zip11737a wrote: »
    In 1963 I saved the 49 dollars so I could by that same Savage over & under at Monkeywards. Although your accident can be humorous now, I am glad it did not have a more serious outcome. Many accidents involved climbing over a fence. One should first cross without the firearm and then passed to your partner. When alone slide it under the fence barrel first. Keep looking you should be able to locate a replacement.

I have a working television in my office that was the very last thing I purchased from Montgomery Wards!!!
  • G11gamingG11gaming Contributor XDPosts: 3,045 Pool Champion
    none lol

Never seen a " none " gun what is it? :hushed:
  • *Aurora**Aurora* Finally a girl is no one.Posts: 6,347 Pool Forum VIP
    G11gaming wrote: »
    none lol

Spelling mistake?

young-woman-nun-gun-isolated-white-background-51019839.jpg
    Stunning, ain't it?

latest?cb=20070930152906
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    none lol

Spelling mistake?

young-woman-nun-gun-isolated-white-background-51019839.jpg

Oh my - a naughty nunnone with a gun.. :yum: :love: :D
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Bah Humbug !Posts: 9,608 Pool Forum VIP
    All time favourite The M16
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 595 Pool Pro
    I had a Savage over and under but mine was .22 and 20ga :)
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Point well made. Although funny, some folks can't even be trusted with a screwdriver. :D
  • The ScobesterThe Scobester Posts: 2,335 Pool Champion
    Any mentions of firearms in the UK will get you 10 years for possession, what is the point anyway, guns were made destruction... get a life, wakey...wakey. :|
    Any mentions of firearms in the UK will get you 10 years for possession, what is the point anyway, guns were made destruction... get a life, wakey...wakey. :|

" Guns don't kill, people do " but yeah you are right guns were designed to kill, so why sell them to the public?
    I accept guns for hunting. At least here in Finland moose are very dangerous in traffic and need to be eliminated to some extent. Now the boars are spreading too.
    I accept guns for hunting. At least here in Finland moose are very dangerous in traffic and need to be eliminated to some extent. Now the boars are spreading too.

Some would argue, relocate them, we have invaded their space.
    edited October 8

Of course there are fences along the road side where there's known to be more moose crossing the road. Every hunting club only gets permit to shoot a certain amount of moose every autumn. You don't get those in UK, they are huge compared to deer. You wouldn't want to hit them.

Bigger-than-you-think.jpg

Of course there are fences along the road side where there's known to be more moose crossing the road. Every hunting club only gets permit to shoot a certain amount of moose every autumn. You don't get those in UK, they are huge compared to deer. You wouldn't want to hit them.

Bigger-than-you-think.jpg

We are taking this slightly off topic now ;) the uk is boring for wildlife we have the odd deer that strays onto the road that's about it lol.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Bah Humbug !Posts: 9,608 Pool Forum VIP
    We never know when the Redcoats or some other unwanted intruder will try to take away our liberty again. It was lawfully armed citizenry that drove Cornwallis back to King Georges lap. This is why our constitution included the 2nd. amendment. Thank you Viscount Charles and all those who came.