Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

8 Ball Pool: Bug Report Thread

kunal908kunal908 Posts: 3,605 Pool Champion
edited April 2015 in Help & Feedback
Report all the bugs/glitches you experience in the game here. :smile:
Post edited by kunal908 on
Tagged:

Comments

• RaquelRaquel Posts: 1,505 admin
    Hello Kunal, this thread is better suited for our Feedback category, will move it there :)
  • kunal908kunal908 Posts: 3,605 Pool Champion
    Raquel wrote: »
    Hello Kunal, this thread is better suited for our Feedback category, will move it there :)

Thanks Raquel. :)
  • ShaneShane Posts: 2
    Since I've started paying 8 ball again on Miniclip I've noticed one very distinct thing; Murphy's Law is in full effect! The game seems to favor those who play like mad men. It rewards those who play with very little control and often times punish those that exercise it with every shot. The balls move in ways that defy all logic at times; its as if the table is wrapped in glass or something. Seriously, why is this?
  • Khaledy10Khaledy10 Posts: 201
    many bugs/glitches i see there, while im playing the game a message appears saying you can aim with mouse and etc... they teach me like im a beginner.

2nd: when im in lobby i sometimes hear the sound of the balls.

3rd: i sometime hear the sound of people challenging me while im playing a match.
  • *Aurora**Aurora* There is no substitute.Posts: 5,991 Pool Forum VIP
    I haven't played the game much lately, but I can see that the teleport glitch still occurs.
  • UnEquiVocaL EnDUnEquiVocaL EnD Posts: 471 Pool Pro
    I have reported this bug many many times so I'll try here.
    When your opponent makes a foul you get the message telling you so on the screen.
    In this moment of time you are unable to put position on the cue ball until that message disappears however your timer is ticking down !
    When you are playing Paris Chateau for example and you have now less time for your shots this has a huge impact.
  • Michael HuangMichael Huang Posts: 4,114 mod
    -Fr3nchy- wrote: »
    I have reported this bug many many times so I'll try here.
    When your opponent makes a foul you get the message telling you so on the screen.
    In this moment of time you are unable to put position on the cue ball until that message disappears however your timer is ticking down !
    When you are playing Paris Chateau for example and you have now less time for your shots this has a huge impact.

Actually, this is the part of Paris Chateau tier. As you make successful consecutive shots, the timer decreases the time, even after you win the match and want to play again with the same opponent. To deal with this, leaving the tier and coming back again for more would be the great idea. Not sure whether the timer issue is the bug or not. Time will tell when there are more users having some thoughts about it. ;)
  • UnEquiVocaL EnDUnEquiVocaL EnD Posts: 471 Pool Pro
    No Michael you misunderstand me .

If I was to break and pot the white you will get the cue ball in hand yes?
    Try putting position on the ball immediately and taking a shot. You can't until the message saying your opponent has fouled has disappeared from the screen.
  • ZogggZoggg Posts: 836 Pool Expert
    If a ball is touching the cushion and the white ball hits it full in the face and gets a double kiss, the game thinks no balls have touched the cushion and gives a foul.

This has been happening for years, will it ever be fixed?
    edited April 2015

Ah... Lots of good posts in the discussion here...

@TDoGWarrior , when I first won and played again with the same opponent, the time ticker decreases the time. This is actually the pattern I found. Though I did not record this in the video (sorry if I am missing some proof here), this is actually true in the web game I played.

For the cushion contact bug, this sometimes happened to me too. I am sure that Miniclip will fix this. Good thing you brought this here. Possible way to deal with this while MC is working on that bug is to make the cue-ball-contact-with-the-cushion collision more visible.
    Post edited by Michael Huang on

Good luck then, @TDoGWarrior . With this type of bug, the competition won't be easy.
  • 81_Fats81_Fats Posts: 1
    After reading this thread I'm surprised but perhaps left with no alternative but to accept that the notifications that pop-up during a game (post-cue recharging message, for example) and obscure the english/spin on the cue ball is doing so INTENTIONALLY???!
  • SGG400SGG400 Posts: 12
    Current gripes:
    1) I had approx. 1.5m pool coins just disappear from my account.
    2) The weekly game is just encouraging everyone to only play one frame against each opponent.
    3) I am finding frequently I do not get the break EVERY time against new opponents, I mean like 10 games in a row before I get fed up and log out.
    4) Still cheats about spoiling things

This game ain't what it used to be.
  • Manifest GfefManifest Gfef Posts: 3
    edited May 2015
    Ball rolled out of table

76cfh8jv874w.jpg
    What I have done to get this
    7vtd2jynoxya.jpg
    Post edited by Manifest Gfef on
  • Albion IsufiAlbion Isufi Posts: 6
    edited May 2015
    MODERATOR EDIT: comment edited, please do not share/discuss/ask for hacks here, you can report them to customer support: support.miniclip.com
  • M1k4laM1k4la Posts: 1
    I just finished a game where I was the first to play and potted all my balls without the opponent having a chance to play. I saw "You Win" notification and opponent left the game. I didn't receive achievement for my game... :( Is it because the opponent left?
  • I've played a few games now, that when i break and pot a ball. the game reshuffles the table, any balls i potted during break are back on the table, and i don't get another go.
  • MadMagnusMadMagnus Posts: 1
    getting kicked from a game, sucks...having a player ranked 149 (pentapenta...) use this cheat, is beyond dishonor!
  • *Aurora**Aurora* There is no substitute.Posts: 5,991 Pool Forum VIP
    Getting errors today.
  • darksidemikedarksidemike Posts: 1,139
    Yes, timer and stat issues for me...