Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

8 Ball Pool: Bug Report Thread

Comments

• I have 2 issues here.
    One is the sudden unexplained loss of pool coins!!
    I have asked for an explanation in the help page but haven't received a reply.
    Number 2 is sometimes when playing, you've sunk on of your balls, your waiting for your next shot and suddenly the table flashes and reorganises itself and your opponent has the the cue ball in hand.

Are these standard glitches others have experienced or is it a more sinister reason and your opponent is using some form of cheat program?
  • Dalton ModeratorDalton Moderator Posts: 6,883 mod
    Snort1006 wrote: »
    I have 2 issues here.
    One is the sudden unexplained loss of pool coins!!
    I have asked for an explanation in the help page but haven't received a reply.
    Number 2 is sometimes when playing, you've sunk on of your balls, your waiting for your next shot and suddenly the table flashes and reorganises itself and your opponent has the the cue ball in hand.

Are these standard glitches others have experienced or is it a more sinister reason and your opponent is using some form of cheat program?

@Snort1006 Please see this for your first issue:

1) Check this Support article to see if it answers your question: https://miniclip.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205294707

2) If you still have questions about why your coins were suspended or your account was banned, please contact our Support team here: https://miniclip.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

As for your second problem, it sounds like a generic loading issue. Please check and make sure you have good connection to your internet.
  • Hello thank you for taking time to read this.

my issue is a little weird, I went to play a game about an hour ago i had 51,160 coins. Forgetting 50k unlocks the next room i just clicked play and quickly noticed i was in a 50k game i backed out as soon as the option came up (i play on pc). I then Qued up for a 10k game as it was searching for an opponent, it cut strait to a game with out showing my opponent. The table came up and it was the 50K table. Then it flashed to a practice game, Then to the 10k game and it would not let me shoot but made me watch the other player shoot, miss i get my shot i take one then it never resets to let me pot another ball just says you ran out of time and gave my opponent ball in hand over and over till he won.

After that match i went back out to the main menu and my coin balance was 1160. sucks to lose 50k coins like that.
    Loki*_* wrote: »
    Hello thank you for taking time to read this.

my issue is a little weird, I went to play a game about an hour ago i had 51,160 coins. Forgetting 50k unlocks the next room i just clicked play and quickly noticed i was in a 50k game i backed out as soon as the option came up (i play on pc). I then Qued up for a 10k game as it was searching for an opponent, it cut strait to a game with out showing my opponent. The table came up and it was the 50K table. Then it flashed to a practice game, Then to the 10k game and it would not let me shoot but made me watch the other player shoot, miss i get my shot i take one then it never resets to let me pot another ball just says you ran out of time and gave my opponent ball in hand over and over till he won.

After that match i went back out to the main menu and my coin balance was 1160. sucks to lose 50k coins like that.

Hi @Loki*_*,

From what I can tell based on the information you provided us with, the 50,000 coins were properly charged from your account for mistakenly choosing the 50,000 Tier. Although you tried to back out of the game, you may have not made it in time, and there may have been a slight delay in updating the available funds. I understand the frustration and will pass your concerns over to a developer.

Regards,
    Dalton
  • Thanks. the coins are not that big of a deal figured its something worth looking into as its the 2nd time its happened to me. Although last time it was on a different account and with the 100k and the 50k rooms. same thing hit the return to lobby choose new room reque...
  • S JS J Posts: 9
    Please, please, please, DO fix that annoying chat bug! Make an option to turn chat off FOREVER! Pretty annoying when I got distracted by the chat when focusing on the ball!

Other thing is that I think the ticking clock should be louder. The effect (ding!) when a player is found is way too loud, I use to turn the volume off a bit and that makes the sound of the clock inaudible.
  • Robert DoranRobert Doran Posts: 98 Pool Player
    Just a general question more than a bug, are kicks programmed into this game? Like you get in snooker. Because lately I've been lining up shots perfectly, and use half power and I somehow miss. Is there times when the game will force you to miss? Thanks.
    Just a general question more than a bug, are kicks programmed into this game? Like you get in snooker. Because lately I've been lining up shots perfectly, and use half power and I somehow miss. Is there times when the game will force you to miss? Thanks.

Hi @Robert Doran,

To answer your question, no, there is no such feature that exists that would make you try to loose are be undeserving of a shot. If anything, it may just be a bug or a glitch. While the game is programmed to have the most accurate physics, at the end of the day its nothing more than a Flash game that will unfortunately run into certain situations here and there that result in unrealistic outcomes.

If you every catch anything odd on video, feel free to send it over to our customer support department - they'll gladly take a look at it and make the appropriate changes. :)

Dalton
  • Michael HuangMichael Huang Posts: 4,112 mod
    edited November 2015

As @Dalton already mentioned, the physic is perfectly fine. As a practice, study each case for different distances, powers and angles without any spin. Each of them illustrates how far the ball travels. Some properties to know...
    1. Force attribute defines the greatest cue power output.
    2. The dragging distance is determined by the closest distance between the cue tip and the cue ball along the vertical axis. There is no adjustment of how the cue is positioned if you apply any side spin. The side spin is in effect after the collision.
    3. The higher the Force attribute, the shorter dragging distance you will need to make the ball travel. The lower the Force attribute, the longer dragging distance you will need to make the ball travel.
    4. From Property 3, the traveling distance depends on what cue you have. Cues with different Force attributes yield different outputs for the same traveling distances. If we were to test each of them with full power, the traveling distances are different.

However, this does not happen for all cases. Say: set the balls to be close to each other and angling to be zero, such that the object ball is to be directly pocketed. Then there are variety of powers that yield the same traveling distances. In other words, if you use the minimal power to stop the cue ball after the collision, then any power higher than that also yields the same case. Using full powers with two different cues give the same results.

This is complicated for me to explain. However, this is actually how the game mechanics works.
  • Robert DoranRobert Doran Posts: 98 Pool Player
    Thanks for the replies! Good to know.
  • yeah i was just in a game and i hit the cue ball into one my balls i heard it hit seen it go threw my ball and did not even move my ball plus i have noticed when i sink 8 ball and the other persons ball i lose but when they do it they still win
  • yeah i was just in a game and i hit the cue ball into one my balls i heard it hit seen it go threw my ball and did not even move my ball plus i have noticed when i sink 8 ball and the other persons ball i lose but when they do it they still win

Go arrest them :)
  • If I choose a hole which I want to pot my ball, why does my opponent have ball in hand when the ball goes in another hole. Thats not a foul, its just his turn.
  • Yesterday I was playing 8 ball on mobile and my opponent didn't foul but 8 ball was showing it was a foul play.
  • AgentCueballAgentCueball Posts: 9,722
    edited November 2015
    Common fouls
    Fouls that will result in a ball in hand for the other player
    1. Running out of time: you have a short amount of time to take your shot, so don’t take too long or play passes to the other player. Your time gets a little shorter with every ball you pot in a game.
    2. Cue ball not hitting your own balls: if the white doesn’t make contact with one of your own balls before hitting your opponent’s balls, or it misses altogether, this is a foul.
    3. No ball hitting the rail: if neither the object ball nor the cue ball hit the rail around the edge of the table, this is a foul. This is to designed to prevent negative play
    Potting the 8 Ball: the following situations are fouls, and result in the win being awarded to the other player.
    1. Potting the 8 Ball before all your object balls have been potted.
    2. Potting the cue ball and the 8 Ball on the same shot.
    3. Potting any coloured ball before the 8 Ball on the same shot.
    4. In a tier that requires calling pocket on the 8 Ball, potting the 8 Ball into an uncalled pocket.
    5. NOTE: Potting the 8 Ball from the break off shot is not a foul. The 8 Ball will be respotted on the table, and play passes to the other player.

http://blog.miniclip.com/2014/07/11/an-8-ball-pool-starter-guide/
  • I would like to report your lags which i have since 2 years. I log in, I take my chips from the spin to win or week challenge I start a game the game starts and 1 second later I am in the main menu with less chips (the chips which used to be bet in the game which didn't perform), so I would like to have my chips back.. 2500 or more went through lags in matchmaking
  • I have been experiencing issues with my coins recently. It seems that wether I win or lose my coins do not add up from one time to the next? Is there a bug with coins calculation?
  • Loulou1025177aLoulou1025177a Posts: 461 Pool Pro
    I have been experiencing issues with my coins recently. It seems that wether I win or lose my coins do not add up from one time to the next? Is there a bug with coins calculation?
    You might need help from Carey Price

• WAQAS AKWAQAS AK Posts: 403
    hay plzz read this head of 8 pool in the game they give me 67 or 148 lvl player i lost MY money in there i have only 27 th money left :/ i want my back :'(