Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

8 Ball Pool: Bug Report Thread

Comments

• Pa11Ma11Pa11Ma11 Posts: 7 Pool Player
    Miniclip did not respond to my bug report for this same issue before. No reason I expect to hear anything in future. Poor customer service.
  • Jeffery BurnettJeffery Burnett Posts: 1 New Member
    I haven't been able to play single games for some time, only tournaments. And now it frequently says "game starting" but never lets me play, only informs me if I "won" or "lost"....ready to quit the whole dang thing!
  • (Silver Surfer)(Silver Surfer) Posts: 207 Pool Pro
    T
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    I haven't been able to play single games for some time, only tournaments. And now it frequently says "game starting" but never lets me play, only informs me if I "won" or "lost"....ready to quit the whole dang thing!

If you're a pc-player, do try the new HTML-version of the game!

Thanks for the to late info
  • (Silver Surfer)(Silver Surfer) Posts: 207 Pool Pro
    T
    *Aurora* wrote: »

If you're a pc-player, do try the new HTML-version of the game!

Thanks for the to late info

Sorry Aurora , i misread your post , i thought it said do not try , instead of try.
  • Clark GoodrichClark Goodrich Posts: 11 Pool Player
    edited July 2017
    I am a PC player.

I play the "original" version, not the new one that's been advertised recently in the green bar (side note: I tried to try the new version, but I literally waited for hours for enough people to show up for a tournament but it never happened).

I play tournament play in Sydney (3K Entry Fee).

For the last few days, I have only occasionally been reaching the point where it lets me play. More often than not, what happens is this:

I click Tournaments;
    I choose Sydney;
    I wait a few seconds for eight players to arrive;
    it beeps a few times, alerting players the tourney is about to begin;
    and then I sit looking at the bracket (instead of being taken to a table);
    during this time it says "Game is Starting..." over my head-to-head game;
    I do not reach a table and instead wait to see whether it will be me or my opponent that is arbitrarily chosen to advance to the second game of the tournament (by my estimate, I lose that at least 60% of the time).

On the plus side, it's not counting these as losses in the Recent Matches area of my 8 Ball Pool profile, nor interrupting my Win Streak, nor is it adding these tournament attempts in either the Games Won or Tournaments Won stats, so I am fairly optimistic that the losses are also not counting against my Win Percentage.

However, I am losing the 3K Entry Fee every single time ... and this is happening a LOT!

(Sometimes – less often – I WILL get to the table but then it says my opponent hasn't shown up; then it starts the 30-second countdown. Amazingly, given that I'm there watching the countdown, I am counted the loser of these "games" about a third of the time as well. I have no data regarding whether these losses are counting against my stats.)

What's got me writing about this right now, though – aside from the fact it's happening nearly every game – is that as I sit on the page showing me the tourney bracket, waiting to see if I'll "win," I've noticed that usually at least one of the other games are going through the same thing – sometimes all of the other three games on the bracket are... I can tell because:

Instead of saying the games are In Progress and giving the play-by-play OF their progress, it says Awaiting Players until suddenly the "winners" of every one of the affected games are pushed to the second round in the bracket. It happens all at once, in every affected game – just a silent "click" and it all moves to the next round. Then, the "winners" may or may not have to do the same thing at that round.

I was once pushed through the first and second round and then got to play in the third. Sometimes, the "winner" of an affected game has to wait for a victor to be declared from an unaffected game, and then the game of chance starts again: "will THIS game mess up? If it does, will I win or lose?"

Come on, this just sucks!

Mostly, I want to be able to play pool again, over and over, for hours, without these interruptions ... and secondarily, I want a ton of Entry Fees back!
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Now you know.Posts: 3,698 Pool Champion
    I am a PC player.

I choose Sydney;
    I do not reach a table and instead wait to see whether it will be me or my opponent that is arbitrarily chosen to advance to the second game of the tournament (by my estimate, I lose that at least 60% of the time).

Hi @Clark Goodrich . I am not an employee of miniclip, just a normal player of the game like yourself, who is a regular user of this forum. There has been hundreds of posts like your own on this forum about this exact problem. The mods and admins here are aware of this, and tell us they are working on it, but that has been for the last 2 or 3 months or so.

It has come to mine, and many others conclusion on this forum that the folks who run this game (miniclip) dont give a tosss about the the PC version. And thats probably why you are now seeing the new version as well. The new version is supposed to be closely allied to the mobile pool version, where miniclip makes its money.

On the plus side, it's not counting these as losses in the Recent Matches area of my 8 Ball Pool profile, nor interrupting my Win Streak, nor is it adding these tournament attempts in either the Games Won or Tournaments Won stats, so I am fairly optimistic that the losses are also not counting against my Win Percentage.

Count yourself lucky then Clark, as every game i have tried in the tournys that i could not play in, or finish has counted as a loss on my end, and coins lost as well. But to be honest, me and most other regulars here dont care about the coins, and thats probably why miniclip have decided to throw out a version of the game like mobile, so that we may be forced to spend money on the game,

In a nutshell, tournaments on PC are now dead in my honest opinion, and will only work when folks switch over to the new version of the game on PC, once they have it set up.
    Anyone else in the same boat?

4u1p3j2knwn3.gif
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 813 Pool Expert
    edited July 2017
    Legendary Cue guideline shrinking
    edited July 2017
    I cant get the older version of the game to load up, as its sitting on the big bubbly M. But i can get the new version to load up, from the same screen, same browser etc. What gives miniclip?

Anyone else got the same problem?
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,645 Pool Forum Veteran
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    I cant get the older version of the game to load up, as its sitting on the big bubbly M. But i can get the new version to load up, from the same screen, same browser etc. What gives miniclip?

How is it now ?
    'Cos it's working at my end ( fingers crossed it stays that way )
    Hey, @COOLOCKER,

I really appreciate the feedback, though I find it quite depressing.

Honestly, I've found no better online version of pool, and it really sucks that it's run by people with such a poor sense of customer service. In this regard, Miniclip is on par with Comcast and Congress.

I don't even have a cell phone!
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »

How is it now ?
    'Cos it's working at my end ( fingers crossed it stays that way )

Still the same Nan. Im hoping im not going to be stuck in limbo for anohter 8 days like last time, lol.
    Hey, @COOLOCKER,

I really appreciate the feedback, though I find it quite depressing.

Honestly, I've found no better online version of pool, and it really sucks that it's run by people with such a poor sense of customer service. In this regard, Miniclip is on par with Comcast and Congress.

I don't even have a cell phone!

Dont give up yet dude, lol. Im not. It is what it is at the moment, and nobody knows for sure what way this will go. I like yourself love this version of the game, and im really hoping it stays. As for the tournys, sometimes they work, sometimes they dont. We can only live in hope my man.
  • Shake SpeareShake Speare Posts: 1 New Member
    Often when I try a tourney it times out and I just lose my coins. Matches don't even start...
  • _YOUR_MMOMM__YOUR_MMOMM_ Posts: 24 Pool Player
    I am a PC player.

I choose Sydney;

Hi @Clark Goodrich . I am not an employee of miniclip, just a normal player of the game like yourself, who is a regular user of this forum. There has been hundreds of posts like your own on this forum about this exact problem. The mods and admins here are aware of this, and tell us they are working on it, but that has been for the last 2 or 3 months or so.

It has come to mine, and many others conclusion on this forum that the folks who run this game (miniclip) dont give a tosss about the the PC version. And thats probably why you are now seeing the new version as well. The new version is supposed to be closely allied to the mobile pool version, where miniclip makes its money.

Count yourself lucky then Clark, as every game i have tried in the tournys that i could not play in, or finish has counted as a loss on my end, and coins lost as well. But to be honest, me and most other regulars here dont care about the coins, and thats probably why miniclip have decided to throw out a version of the game like mobile, so that we may be forced to spend money on the game,

In a nutshell, tournaments on PC are now dead in my honest opinion, and will only work when folks switch over to the new version of the game on PC, once they have it set up.

Well i was in the same boat where i come to play,and sit and wait and hope my game goes through,but more times than not,,i dont get to play.As far as losing coins,yes,i lose coins every time i dont get to play a tourny, but does not count as a loss,mostly i play sydney and hope for the best. But now,i am getting a pop up notice that i cannot play in tournaments right now,sorry for the inconvenience,, W T F!!!!
    I tried to be as detailed as possible in the complaint I described a day or two ago (on p.89 in this thread), but the truth is there are many "connection" issues that force losses. I lose my entry fee in all cases, but as far as I can tell, it's only messing up my stats on the first of the three listed below:

1. Until recently, the only issue I'd been having happened in the game. My opponent would seem to not show up, it would time out, I'd be taken back to the bracket where I would expect to advance (I was present and accounted for, after all), and I'd see the opponent advance instead (sometimes it would be me).

2. So, the one I was complaining about on the previous page in here was new for me... I would get to the bracket but never make it to a table at all. Sometimes I would advance and sometimes not. I decided to say something when I saw that numerous people in the bracket were getting the same thing. Sometimes three of the four games (6 out of 8 people) – maybe even all four sometimes – would be stuck in the same trap. I could tell because I'd see them advance at the exact same moment that I did (or more often, did not).

3. And now I've tried playing the new mobile-looking version (I'm still on a pc – a Mac, actually) and I've lost quite a bit again in there with my controls freezing. I'll be lining up my shot and suddenly I can't move my guideline anymore. My mouse still works and I can click chats and the in-game menu stuff, but nothing I do frees up the controls. I lose my turn and watch the opponent take however many turns they need to win the game, because I'm stuck from that point on.

I have been sick of the changes the people running this game have been making for years, but since I could still play I decided to ignore it. Connection issues that I could not definitively say were not from my end pushed me further on when I began running into #1 above. But what's happening now... this is total bullsh*t.

And for the record, I AM NOT A FAN of your mobile-for-pc version! It looks like cartoon balls!
  • MINI_CLIP_SUXMINI_CLIP_SUX Posts: 1 New Member
    I tried to be as detailed as possible in the complaint I described a day or two ago (on p.89 in this thread), but the truth is there are many "connection" issues that force losses. I lose my entry fee in all cases, but as far as I can tell, it's only messing up my stats on the first of the three listed below:

1. Until recently, the only issue I'd been having happened in the game. My opponent would seem to not show up, it would time out, I'd be taken back to the bracket where I would expect to advance (I was present and accounted for, after all), and I'd see the opponent advance instead (sometimes it would be me).

2. So, the one I was complaining about on the previous page in here was new for me... I would get to the bracket but never make it to a table at all. Sometimes I would advance and sometimes not. I decided to say something when I saw that numerous people in the bracket were getting the same thing. Sometimes three of the four games (6 out of 8 people) – maybe even all four sometimes – would be stuck in the same trap. I could tell because I'd see them advance at the exact same moment that I did (or more often, did not).

3. And now I've tried playing the new mobile-looking version (I'm still on a pc – a Mac, actually) and I've lost quite a bit again in there with my controls freezing. I'll be lining up my shot and suddenly I can't move my guideline anymore. My mouse still works and I can click chats and the in-game menu stuff, but nothing I do frees up the controls. I lose my turn and watch the opponent take however many turns they need to win the game, because I'm stuck from that point on.

I have been sick of the changes the people running this game have been making for years, but since I could still play I decided to ignore it. Connection issues that I could not definitively say were not from my end pushed me further on when I began running into #1 above. But what's happening now... this is total bullsh*t.

And for the record, I AM NOT A FAN of your mobile-for-pc version! It looks like cartoon balls!

This has been happening for a long time now,and admin or the monkys they have in tech. do not care about this game or the players,it's that simple.
    Old version of the game still broke, but newer version working, day 2.
  • Robert DoranRobert Doran Posts: 102 Pool Pro
    edited July 2017
    Okay where to start, everytime I log on it says I don't have the "win a game of 8ball" achievement. It recently reset my balls potted from 70,000 + to 0. As well as saying I've never won a game of 8 ball (even though I've won 6304) It's saying I've not completed the tutorial. It's also not unlocked the Dallas achievement for playing there even though I have every ring. The achievements might not sound like a big deal but I've got 102/112 and apart from the ridiculous hi-lo and win the 8ball pool cue which is now impossible achievements etc Im quite proud of it. Please address those issues.
  • FreddtbhFreddtbh Posts: 1 New Member
    There's a bug/glitch with the aim of my cues, like the aim length changes by itself and its so annoying. Please fix it.