Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

8 Ball Pool: Bug Report Thread

Comments

• Shake SpeareShake Speare Posts: 1 New Member
    Often when I try a tourney it times out and I just lose my coins. Matches don't even start...
  • _YOUR_MMOMM__YOUR_MMOMM_ Posts: 24 Pool Player
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    I am a PC player.

I choose Sydney;
    I wait a few seconds for eight players to arrive;
    it beeps a few times, alerting players the tourney is about to begin;
    and then I sit looking at the bracket (instead of being taken to a table);
    during this time it says "Game is Starting..." over my head-to-head game;
    I do not reach a table and instead wait to see whether it will be me or my opponent that is arbitrarily chosen to advance to the second game of the tournament (by my estimate, I lose that at least 60% of the time).

Hi @Clark Goodrich . I am not an employee of miniclip, just a normal player of the game like yourself, who is a regular user of this forum. There has been hundreds of posts like your own on this forum about this exact problem. The mods and admins here are aware of this, and tell us they are working on it, but that has been for the last 2 or 3 months or so.

It has come to mine, and many others conclusion on this forum that the folks who run this game (miniclip) dont give a tosss about the the PC version. And thats probably why you are now seeing the new version as well. The new version is supposed to be closely allied to the mobile pool version, where miniclip makes its money.

On the plus side, it's not counting these as losses in the Recent Matches area of my 8 Ball Pool profile, nor interrupting my Win Streak, nor is it adding these tournament attempts in either the Games Won or Tournaments Won stats, so I am fairly optimistic that the losses are also not counting against my Win Percentage.

Count yourself lucky then Clark, as every game i have tried in the tournys that i could not play in, or finish has counted as a loss on my end, and coins lost as well. But to be honest, me and most other regulars here dont care about the coins, and thats probably why miniclip have decided to throw out a version of the game like mobile, so that we may be forced to spend money on the game,

In a nutshell, tournaments on PC are now dead in my honest opinion, and will only work when folks switch over to the new version of the game on PC, once they have it set up.

Well i was in the same boat where i come to play,and sit and wait and hope my game goes through,but more times than not,,i dont get to play.As far as losing coins,yes,i lose coins every time i dont get to play a tourny, but does not count as a loss,mostly i play sydney and hope for the best. But now,i am getting a pop up notice that i cannot play in tournaments right now,sorry for the inconvenience,, W T F!!!!
  • Clark GoodrichClark Goodrich Posts: 11 Pool Player
    I tried to be as detailed as possible in the complaint I described a day or two ago (on p.89 in this thread), but the truth is there are many "connection" issues that force losses. I lose my entry fee in all cases, but as far as I can tell, it's only messing up my stats on the first of the three listed below:

1. Until recently, the only issue I'd been having happened in the game. My opponent would seem to not show up, it would time out, I'd be taken back to the bracket where I would expect to advance (I was present and accounted for, after all), and I'd see the opponent advance instead (sometimes it would be me).

2. So, the one I was complaining about on the previous page in here was new for me... I would get to the bracket but never make it to a table at all. Sometimes I would advance and sometimes not. I decided to say something when I saw that numerous people in the bracket were getting the same thing. Sometimes three of the four games (6 out of 8 people) – maybe even all four sometimes – would be stuck in the same trap. I could tell because I'd see them advance at the exact same moment that I did (or more often, did not).

3. And now I've tried playing the new mobile-looking version (I'm still on a pc – a Mac, actually) and I've lost quite a bit again in there with my controls freezing. I'll be lining up my shot and suddenly I can't move my guideline anymore. My mouse still works and I can click chats and the in-game menu stuff, but nothing I do frees up the controls. I lose my turn and watch the opponent take however many turns they need to win the game, because I'm stuck from that point on.

I have been sick of the changes the people running this game have been making for years, but since I could still play I decided to ignore it. Connection issues that I could not definitively say were not from my end pushed me further on when I began running into #1 above. But what's happening now... this is total bullsh*t.

And for the record, I AM NOT A FAN of your mobile-for-pc version! It looks like cartoon balls!
  • MINI_CLIP_SUXMINI_CLIP_SUX Posts: 1 New Member
    I tried to be as detailed as possible in the complaint I described a day or two ago (on p.89 in this thread), but the truth is there are many "connection" issues that force losses. I lose my entry fee in all cases, but as far as I can tell, it's only messing up my stats on the first of the three listed below:

1. Until recently, the only issue I'd been having happened in the game. My opponent would seem to not show up, it would time out, I'd be taken back to the bracket where I would expect to advance (I was present and accounted for, after all), and I'd see the opponent advance instead (sometimes it would be me).

2. So, the one I was complaining about on the previous page in here was new for me... I would get to the bracket but never make it to a table at all. Sometimes I would advance and sometimes not. I decided to say something when I saw that numerous people in the bracket were getting the same thing. Sometimes three of the four games (6 out of 8 people) – maybe even all four sometimes – would be stuck in the same trap. I could tell because I'd see them advance at the exact same moment that I did (or more often, did not).

3. And now I've tried playing the new mobile-looking version (I'm still on a pc – a Mac, actually) and I've lost quite a bit again in there with my controls freezing. I'll be lining up my shot and suddenly I can't move my guideline anymore. My mouse still works and I can click chats and the in-game menu stuff, but nothing I do frees up the controls. I lose my turn and watch the opponent take however many turns they need to win the game, because I'm stuck from that point on.

I have been sick of the changes the people running this game have been making for years, but since I could still play I decided to ignore it. Connection issues that I could not definitively say were not from my end pushed me further on when I began running into #1 above. But what's happening now... this is total bullsh*t.

And for the record, I AM NOT A FAN of your mobile-for-pc version! It looks like cartoon balls!

This has been happening for a long time now,and admin or the monkys they have in tech. do not care about this game or the players,it's that simple.
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Been there, done that.Posts: 2,297 Pool Champion
    Old version of the game still broke, but newer version working, day 2.
  • Robert DoranRobert Doran Posts: 100 Pool Player
    edited July 4
    Okay where to start, everytime I log on it says I don't have the "win a game of 8ball" achievement. It recently reset my balls potted from 70,000 + to 0. As well as saying I've never won a game of 8 ball (even though I've won 6304) It's saying I've not completed the tutorial. It's also not unlocked the Dallas achievement for playing there even though I have every ring. The achievements might not sound like a big deal but I've got 102/112 and apart from the ridiculous hi-lo and win the 8ball pool cue which is now impossible achievements etc Im quite proud of it. Please address those issues.
  • FreddtbhFreddtbh Posts: 1 New Member
    There's a bug/glitch with the aim of my cues, like the aim length changes by itself and its so annoying. Please fix it.
    Freddtbh wrote: »
    There's a bug/glitch with the aim of my cues, like the aim length changes by itself and its so annoying. Please fix it.

Hmmm, so you have noticed this as well, eh? Ive often been in a game when i noticed my opponents lines looked a lot longer than mine. I would have a peek at their cue stats, and see that it would be sometimes 2 bars less than mine, which is 7.

I wasnt too sure if it was something to do with how the cue was purchased (longer for cash paymenst etc?) until i met somebody playing the same cue as me. And their lines where way longer than mine. So something has to be up with that for sure.
  • jetech22jetech22 Posts: 10 Pool Player
    edited July 5
    Okay where to start, everytime I log on it says I don't have the "win a game of 8ball" achievement. It recently reset my balls potted from 70,000 + to 0. As well as saying I've never won a game of 8 ball (even though I've won 6304) It's saying I've not completed the tutorial. It's also not unlocked the Dallas achievement for playing there even though I have every ring. The achievements might not sound like a big deal but I've got 102/112 and apart from the ridiculous hi-lo and win the 8ball pool cue which is now impossible achievements etc Im quite proud of it. Please address those issues.

Here's how this silly **** server controlled game works. I do not purchase a MinI clip wants me to, and I am one of the most skilled and knowledgeable billiard players on the phone or real time. since I do not purchase as they would like for their benefit my games are controlled unrealistically as yours are. It will allow the close their eyes and hit it as hard as they can player a win just to control a skilled player or to force a purchase to allow a player to continue. It's a joke! That's how it is operated by Mini Clip, they are so slick and savy....wow
  • thewoodmanthewoodman Posts: 1 New Member
    I have tried to get help before but no response. I have noticed that the balls travel like they are running on water. Or something. Almost like there is something sticky on the felt. the balls don't roll right. Seem in slow motion. Drag.. lags, most annoying. Is there a fix?
  • 2228175@rishabh2228175@rishabh Posts: 2 New Member
    i am facing problem in madrid plaza mayor tournament last time when madrid plaza come i won 5 out of 4 but now when it come again it is showing 5 out of 0
    and in the achievement list it is showing that i have played the madrid tournament and win the tournament
    jetech22 wrote: »
    I would really like to enjoy your game but it's impossible because of the bull shirt

Dude, every post you put up is about your opponents winning, whoever badly they play. Ever thought that if you cant beat them while they play badly, that something might be wrong with your own game? Plenty of folks here who can overcome that no problem. Just saying.
  • NoEsRealNoEsReal Posts: 4 New Member
    I have not been able to play for days. When pressing play, the game will not start. Any answers?
  • SChSCh Posts: 1 New Member
    In the rare suprise boxes I am getting pieces of Rapier cue which is already in the owned list. Is this a bug? Support team says it not a bug and surprise boxes open pieces which are already completed. Miniclip is cheating in the name of minigames. I lost 6 pieces which is equal to 18 cash.
  • 123jwdsk123123jwdsk123 Posts: 3 New Member
    NoEsReal wrote: »
    I have not been able to play for days. When pressing play, the game will not start. Any answers?
    has been fixed!!! finally

• Haven  St.   JoeHaven St. Joe Posts: 2 New Member
    Went to access my game off of my phone yesterday and all my stats are gone and it appears I have to start all over again...from the beginning. I have over 9000 plays at a 64.3 pct winning clip and I purchased $20 worth of coins a few days ago. Don't have a clue as to why my game went away but I would like it restored. My user name is Haven St. joe. When I tried to contact miniclip I get an auto reply with no follow-up. Not very happy and would appreciate miniclip restoring my games and stats.
  • FrankènsyeFrankènsye Posts: 59 Pool Player
    I had this mutliple times now. I called pocket for 8 made the shot. Than I get waiting for other to react. And than they win... I lost 200/300m already now. This is a major problem and it needs to be fixed..
  • Daniel TaylorDaniel Taylor Posts: 1 New Member
    Weekly competition saying I have not played yet this week, but have played several times and won. This also lasted all week last week. I do receive my coins, but they don't show up in the weekly competition, it show 0 coins won.
  • sharjeelanwaarsharjeelanwaar Posts: 1 New Member
    i am facing problem on 8 ball pool app in samsung tab3.problem is that while playing it rotates screen to portrait automatically and then reloads game in the meantime my turn has gone.. lost many games because of this glitch.
  • ÆñÐűÿÆñÐűÿ Posts: 4 New Member
    620xt2gdcvnq.png
    I have reported this bug many many times so I'll try here.
    When your opponent makes a foul you get the message telling you so on the screen.
    In this moment of time you are unable to put position on the cue ball until that message disappears however your timer is ticking down !
    When you are playing Paris Chateau for example and you have now less time for your shots this has a huge impact.