Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

8 Ball Pool: Bug Report Thread

1878889909193»

Comments

• Relja IlićRelja Ilić Posts: 1 New Member
    when you start tournament and your opponent is waiting to join the game, miniclip start counting 30s, and if there is no connected player you declare as a winner, but after that i cannot go to another round.
    that is a bug you have to fix ;)
  • buggaduhbuggaduh Posts: 53 Pool Player
    this glitch just cost me a half a mil!
    this one's been around for a while....
    when playing the PC version, if your opponent scratches and you place the cue ball too close to one of your own balls that is against the rail ( even though not *touching* the object ball), sometimes the cue will lose it's shot line and will no longer allow you to grasp and move the cue - - all while the clock ticks down to zero. and you lose your turn.
    very frustrating and, depending on your opponent's situ, can cost you the game!
  • *Aurora**Aurora* Join the N0V8MB8R League!Posts: 6,227 Pool Forum VIP
    edited November 7
    Never happened to me before. I'm playing new pc version. The game started and is going on somewhere behind this screen... I can hear my opponent potting balls and I have to wait for my turn to run out... I did shot once on my turn, obviously missed because the turn went to opponent...

0xx5q2blj91b.jpg
  • G11gamingG11gaming Contributor XDPosts: 2,832 Pool Champion
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    Never happened to me before. I'm playing new pc version. The game started and is going on somewhere behind this screen... I can hear my opponent potting balls and I have to wait for my turn to run out... I did shot once on my turn, obviously missed because the turn went to opponent...

0xx5q2blj91b.jpg

Rigged I tell ya, rigged. It's blooming rigged. :joy: ;)
  • Аня СлавскаяАня Славская Posts: 52 Pool Player
    Part of the stars (awards), which I have already won minimum 100 times, disappear constantly, so i have to win them again and again!!! :(
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 412 Pool Pro
    edited November 9
    There's another thread where folks were losing their achievements also. You should submit a support ticket (and wait unfortunately) and see if they can find resolution for you. Good luck :smile:

As far as the cue ball freezing. I had same issue when new version FIRST came out. A friend of mine and i tested it and figured out (while talking on teamspeak) that it has to do with a "region" or "zone" if you will just below the bottom rail of table. If my cursor went below there BEFORE drawing back for my shot, it would freeze my ability TO shoot. I can spin my cue 360° but cannot draw back to shoot. We tested it multiple times and again, seems to be just below the bottom rail of table. You can draw back to shoot from above it and cursor goes below and it's fine but if my cursor went below before drawing back for even a second, it would freeze ability to shoot. I made a post, or commented on a post others expressed similar issues of a WHILE back (when new version first entered arena). I can go test it again and see if i STILL have that issue, but i'll do so in a 50coin room. I had just taught myself to be AWARE of it and NOT do that and haven't had an issue since so honestly don't know if i WOULD still have it but i can try :smile:
    edited November 9
    *Aurora* wrote: »

0xx5q2blj91b.jpg

I noticed that I get this screen if I minimize the game window while playing. There's a message about error in WebGL when I open either game or forum page. I wonder if this is mc problem or my Chrome settings...

And I don't get 1vs1 games in the old version, opponent never shows, even though I'm matched with someone.
    That's odd Aurora. Have you talked to any of them at MC about it yet to look into it?

I tried to see if i could replicate the frozen cue but on my end in new version anyway it seems to be fixed. gonna test old version too to make sure i'm not misremembering it, lol . did 3 games vs 3 diff opponents testing the region below and drawing back while cursor below bottom rail but couldn't replicate.
    That's odd Aurora. Have you talked to any of them at MC about it yet to look into it?

I tried to see if i could replicate the frozen cue but on my end in new version anyway it seems to be fixed. gonna test old version too to make sure i'm not misremembering it, lol . did 3 games vs 3 diff opponents testing the region below and drawing back while cursor below bottom rail but couldn't replicate.

Somehow it's fixed now in Chrome. I don't get the WebGL notification anymore in the game or the forum. I can play in Chrome again. Yesterday I switched to Edge, there I had to enable some settings, yet now the game didn't load for me there, so I tried Chrome again.
    It's not completely ok though, still twitching. It disturbs especially when I need to aim and have very little time.
  • John van SchaijkJohn van Schaijk Posts: 5 New Member
    My page doesn't load.
    Anyone having the same problem?

My page doesn't load.
    Anyone having the same problem?

no so far John. Hope you get it sorted. New version takes a while longer to load than old on PC for me but once it starts the progress bar fills quick
  • Bhavesh KadukarBhavesh Kadukar Posts: 1 New Member
    Will anybody explain why the cue ball is getting potted after every shot I'm playing? I'm quite frustrated and very unhappy with what's wrong going on with this game? there is no sense that how a cue ball can travel one corner to another, even if it wasn't aiming towards the hole... there's something really wrong with the poor minded developers of this game.
  • G11gamingG11gaming Contributor XDPosts: 2,832 Pool Champion
    Will anybody explain why the cue ball is getting potted after every shot I'm playing? I'm quite frustrated and very unhappy with what's wrong going on with this game? there is no sense that how a cue ball can travel one corner to another, even if it wasn't aiming towards the hole... there's something really wrong with the poor minded developers of this game.

You could try adjusting your spin and power, and then see where the white ball ends up?
  • Chris WheatChris Wheat Posts: 2 New Member
    Just logged in today and a cue that I owned has disappeared from my cue list and I was playing with a starter cue.
  • Chris WheatChris Wheat Posts: 2 New Member
    It has miraculously reappeared. Cost me 100k losing a game having to play with a cue that I wasn't used to...