Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Any boxing fans out there

123457»

Comments

• The ScobesterThe Scobester Posts: 2,653 Pool Champion
  • Nineballina GeNineballina Ge Posts: 171 Pool Pro
    Double posted there,sorry :# B) Aye Cools, watch this one,not to be missed :o

i'm not overly hyped about this one tbh

i know it's easy to say cos he's such a heavy favorite but i really do see an easy win for AJ
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Who's yer Daddy?Posts: 3,348 Pool Champion
    Just settling down now with a few bevvies, with povetkin v price about to start. Happy days.
    edited March 31
    Well, as fights go, absolutely not impressed with that one, lol. The first real punch landed in the first round was very telling to be honest.
    Lets get ready to rumble. Going to leave my thoughts on the big one for a day or 2 before posting.
    Ding ding, round one. Come on the McCrackens.
    didn't think it would go to points tbh

but it makes the DW fight even easier to make now

obv people will jump on the "you didn't knock him out" band wagon, media and social media will make about deal out of him having to "redeem" this

DW will use it to try and get more money

just helps ensure they don't go another route before fighting eachother

a heavyweight fight i'm actually looking forward to, haven't been able to say that for over 15 years since tyson/lewis

Joshua looked composed at the start, standing up tall, and working the ring. Parker looked busy from the start also, and was trying to go on the attack.

I thought Joshua then started to lag a bit, and was beginning to stoop low. Not sure if it was a tactic, or if it was a bit of fatigue later in the fight? I even thought Joshua was holding down with the arm over head a lot.

The referee was stopping the in close boxing at every attempt. Any time they even got close, he was straight in pulling them apart. Probably something others like to see?. I thought they should have been allowed to get close like that, as it is used for breathers at times. Plus the fact they can do some damage in close.

As fights go, it was 2 or 3 steps up in class over last fight before it, which was a dismal fight to be honest.

I have a link to McCracken, which would normally put me in his camp every time, but thought parker was the hungrier fighter in this one. Well, at least he tried more me thinks.

The fight was disappointing,ref was a nugget as well here is what Tyson had to say....
    Jeje, slightly bad language, but this is hilarious :D....

edited April 2
    at least fury didn't start singing which is something i suppose lol

sometimes i like DW, when he commentated on the AJ/Klitchsko fight he was down to earth, articulate, insightful, and quite likeable, but sometimes he acts like a complete clown

people have always acted like muppets, i suppose with the internet and social media these days it helps them do it more impulsively and to a wider audience so it seems madnified

should be a good fight though

yeah saw a couple of clips of the fight and read reports, seems the ref was just not gonna let them have a tear up on the inside

same thing happened with hatton/mayweather, i'm not saying hatton wouldve won but when you've trained for 4 months and your whole game plan revolves around fighting inside, not letting an opponent use a superior reach, speed atc and the ref wont let you do it then it's a bit of a spoiler and if you havent got a plan b then it can be hugely frustrating i imagine

and from the clips i saw there were times where they definitely wernt holding just fighting on the inside and the ref stepped in, shame.

@The Scobester @COOLOCKER

you think it would've made much of a difference to the outcome if the ref hadn't got involved as much and let parker work more on the inside?

you think it would've made much of a difference to the outcome if the ref hadn't got involved as much and let parker work more on the inside?

Absolutely could have made a difference NB. But it could have gone either way if it was allowed. Rib shots when in close could have knocked the stuffing out of either fighter, and made a difference to the outcome.
    at least fury didn't start singing which is something i suppose lol

sometimes i like DW, when he commentated on the AJ/Klitchsko fight he was down to earth, articulate, insightful, and quite likeable, but sometimes he acts like a complete clown

people have always acted like muppets, i suppose with the internet and social media these days it helps them do it more impulsively and to a wider audience so it seems madnified

should be a good fight though

yeah saw a couple of clips of the fight and read reports, seems the ref was just not gonna let them have a tear up on the inside

same thing happened with hatton/mayweather, i'm not saying hatton wouldve won but when you've trained for 4 months and your whole game plan revolves around fighting inside, not letting an opponent use a superior reach, speed atc and the ref wont let you do it then it's a bit of a spoiler and if you havent got a plan b then it can be hugely frustrating i imagine

and from the clips i saw there were times where they definitely wernt holding just fighting on the inside and the ref stepped in, shame.

Jeezo,Fury singing,almost forgot :)

123457»