Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Kudos.

COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Been there, done that.Posts: 2,445 Pool Champion
Erm, im not sure how to put this without sounding smug, but i have to give Kudos to Jacob who i just played against. Its a rarety when you get a player who keeps playing, but even rarer when you get a player who keeps playing when losing.

If your out there Jacob, and somehow get to read this, then i doff my hat to you my man. The game is all the better for players like you.

Jacob left just before i screen shotted the pic, but it was a 14-2 scoreline.

tfgrhhwj0fjz.jpg

mu7mfh672nir.jpg

Maybe we can keep this thread open for others to post when something similar happens?

Comments

• WhisNBeerusWhisNBeerus Posts: 132
    Poor Jacob he got destroyed :D
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Bites backPosts: 9,345 Pool Forum VIP
    The clearest definition of good sportsmanship to be seen in here in ages, well done Jacob and thanks COOLOCKER for giving a well deserved shout out to a deserving player :)
  • darksidemikedarksidemike Posts: 1,139
    He left because you're a cheater... :D

Seriously, It's cool that you give him his due recognition for hanging in there even though a losing effort. Big props to Jacob...don't meet up with too many like him.
  • KatyKittyXKatyKittyX aka Crazy mad dotty duckPosts: 3,504 Pool Champion
    Well played Jacob! I had a guy finally call it a day as I was winning 36-0 lol I have so much respect for him after that.. pretty sure I have the SS at home aha
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Been there, done that.Posts: 2,445 Pool Champion
    He left because you're a cheater... :D

Seriously, It's cool that you give him his due recognition for hanging in there even though a losing effort. Big props to Jacob...don't meet up with too many like him.
    LMAO, i would be having bigger winning scorelines if that was the case. And Katy, 36-0?????? Crikey, Mega Kudos to whoever it was.
    Oops Coolocker it was in fact 34 - 0 ..this was a couple months back & unfortunately i didn't take a match table screenshot idk why.. prolly to slow to remember .. just my stats page on my alty afterwards.
    Yeah i was shocked too & it wasn't like he was playing silly or giving me games as I wouldn't post this if that was the case.
    No he was just purely an honest player playing an honest game having such terrible luck.. I think he was just hoping to sneak one win in then leave it at that but it just wouldn't come for him :( great games well for me anyway aha

It was that Matal in the recent matches..
    8g6jommyidhq.png
    Thats sweet Katy. If im honest, i will bail out when i lose 3 or 4 in a row to an opponent, lol.
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    Thats sweet Katy. If im honest, i will bail out when i lose 3 or 4 in a row to an opponent, lol.

Lol it's all about how I feel there & then for me tbh.. Sometimes I'll chase a game sometimes I'll leave if my opp is really bugging me just depends
  • jjdnsjjdns Posts: 150
    I've stayed in a game where I was losing 7-0 and turned the score to 11-9 or something similar. Which is even more memorable, since both of us lost several games in a row and decided to keep playing. Usually when you begin your comeback, the other player leaves before it's too late.
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,168 Pool Forum VIP
    edited May 2016
    Grand idea for a thread and perfect place for this......A legend who went one better and hung in there with the courage to actually try some Indirect after the first game.....

Sorry for audio quality, was having to use my web cam till I figured out my line-in mic malfunction.....but anyway, kind of a long video and ends funny after my son interrupted and kept talking to me....lol....real life distractions, what can you do.....so, here is a big Kudos as well:

And yes, that is me babbling in the background....lol....
  • *tareko**tareko* Posts: 3,529 Pool Champion
    already played with a guy from uk 60 games i won 41 to 19 as i remember am looking for the screen shot :#
  • killum!natikillum!nati Time discovers truthPosts: 1,340 Pool Champion
    edited May 2016
    LOL sunid, the ending was really funny. And what's the track playing in the background?

Great idea/thread! i got some players on my list. i wanna give a shout out & big thanks to tedkramer, usaga , Ron , CELTICWINNER and the homie dyna (dynamite22567) for sticking around long and for the great, intense, fun games! Learned a thing or two by just watching them play (esp dynamite & ted)

tedkramer - a great tactical player!
    6wsa5tdsr75o.jpg

emvui5mgk8um.jpg

i still have the footage of the very first game, lol. Mind this is round one, we played 50+ of these, lol.
    i got lucky.

usaga
    l2b9yrbg9sic.jpg

3qupeuhpl7jk.jpg

Ron
    u3f47du9f0iz.jpg

bh0wy1tri0f2.jpg final 19-4

CELTICWINNER
    1nqwfjw1ymv3.jpg

p34r74kc95l6.jpg

Dynamite225567 - one of the best i have ever played with, hands down. As you can see he basically handed me my **** LOL
    huz2h2gbmdd1.jpg

• SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,168 Pool Forum VIP
    edited May 2016
    @The-Resistance - It is a playlist I like playing to when making vids, it can be found at Asian Hip Hop on youtube and has the ying/yang symbol on it...... :)

Edit: Here is a link to it:

Hit youtube option in in window after you click on it and it will take you to the full playlist....
    Great! thank you, i appreciate it!
  • WhisNBeerusWhisNBeerus Posts: 132
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    @The-Resistance - It is a playlist I like playing to when making vids, it can be found at Asian Hip Hop on youtube and has the ying/yang symbol on it...... :)

Edit: Here is a link to it:

Hit youtube option in in window after you click on it and it will take you to the full playlist....

sounds like wutang
  • AgentCueballAgentCueball Posts: 9,722
    edited May 2016
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    The clearest definition of good sportsmanship to be seen in here in ages, well done Jacob and thanks COOLOCKER for giving a well deserved shout out to a deserving player :)

:+1:

@COOLOCKER

I like this TOPIC ... (just bookmarked it)
    Blimey, and there was me thinking 16 games was cool, lol. Some epic games played in there folks. Thanks for posting, and liking.
  • Paulb228Paulb228 Posts: 5,872 Pool Forum VIP
    edited May 2016
    I was losing a game 9 nil, when the other person then bugged out....Just as I was wearing him out with the old "Ali rope a dope"
    edited May 2016
    imma add Corvid to the kudos list, lol. just had an rt20 with him. i'm really surprised he kept playing even tho everything was going against him. Great playa but extreme bad luck at his end. it was not his day.
    y5m9xl4jnf3l.png

jjhdi3vt6gry.png
  • AgentCueballAgentCueball Posts: 9,722
    edited May 2016
    imma add Corvid to the kudos list, lol. just had an rt20 with him. i'm really surprised he kept playing even tho everything was going against him. Great playa but extreme bad luck at his end. it was not his day.
    y5m9xl4jnf3l.png

jjhdi3vt6gry.png

it's only 500K to enter

try that "losing 20 times" at mumbai ...

could have gone farther like 100 lost at London ...
    ... no big deal, except it killed the winning percent