Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Kudos.

Comments

• Wilbur RedmanWilbur Redman Posts: 433 Pool Pro
    @Wilbur Redman you too mate

although i'm yet to have a competitive match on it yet :D

although it wasnt for the lack of trying!

that being said i think it was last friday or saturday i joined up, so about 10 - 11 days ago, and since then ive played, you, and got battered! couple of sessions against @jjoe and got battered! although played a bundle against jjoe, always seems to be a good match although we both seem to make the most simple mistakes and then that seems to set the other one off and we seem to do all the hard work them mess up the easy bit and seems to be infectious depending on which of us is doing it(usually me lol) although from when i first started a lot of tips came from @jjoe very good payer and made me think about my game a lot and definitely helped me improve a lot

i think i've played rollyourock a few times in the past week or so, had a couple of good sessions, he had an easy shot and the frame was over and he clicked the wrong pocket, that was when he was giving me a pasting was to go 4-1 up i think so wouldve finished me off in a race to 5, i was lucky to get back in it, but i think we're about level, although if it wasnt for that i dont think i'd have come back, so i think we're level but rollyourrock is a quality player, and deffo got the best of me over those sessions

played scobester and he tanked me, only a short one but didnt get a look in

and then wilbur kept on "wilburing" me ;) with some just ridic shots in our match, so that was a hammering, i literally didnt get a frame on the board

so looking back i dont think couldve been playing worse the past 10 odd days, but as usual enjoyed the matches, just glad they wernt part of the tourney as i'd be a detached last lol, i think playing friendlies as and when just seems to fit my schedule and mood a bit more, and i couldnt have done more to try and get a match with the way the system was formatted, but it just didnt happen, so i'm probably just happy to carry on playing the friendlies for now, and be the whipping boy of the forum lol

although i've given myself a challenge to win X amount of berlins per day, and X amounts of dallas matches per day, although the goal orientated stuff certainly doesnt suit me and i dont enjoy it, i started off that challenge two weeks ago, and since then i've done ok in getting the wins, but my overall win % came down, so obv not playing that well, as @jjoe and a few others could probably confirm that have played me in the last weeks or so especially, so now i think i'm just gonna play for fun, friendly matches on the forum and friendly matches in the game, every time i set myself a goal or target i start to get wound up and not enjoying it so much

although i can be quite fickle, one week i set a challenge to improve win % by whatever, next week its get X amounts of rings, next week all about the tourneys, next week get to a billion, or next billion coins, next week i'm focusing on collecting every cue under the sun etc etc so everytime i say no more challenges i find another one to keep me busy, but this time i mean it, no more challenges

and to prove it i noticed i was on 15/22 or whatever tokyo rings, so i got the third tokyo ring, ok i know thats kind of a challenge in itself lol, but for a laugh thought just muck about play a few tokyos for fun, and it was fun

yesterday i went on a record 6 run loss at berlin, i mightve had worse runs, i doubt it, but maybe, i only noticed this one because i twice knocked the black in prematurely trying to move it to a go up and down bank spot, and i realized not only was i not enjoying it and getting a bit stressed, but i was playing bad, making basic errors etc

but my missus has gone on holiday and it gave me a whole bunch of extra free time and thats when i came up with the berlin and coin challenges, but it's wound up getting on my nerves tbh, and i completed what i wanted to, and at the start my win % was ok, but the last week especially its taken a hit so now i'll go back to playing an hour a day max, maybe 10-20 games, but 20 games is the match, i said to someone the other day that i'd reached a record of 32 berlin wins in a day, god knows how many matches i played, but i mustve played for 5 hours, thats just too long and playing too much

and work to an extent had been pretty quiet so everything just opened up lovely for me to complete all these challenges with arbitrary time frames and meaningless goals, so i've done them now tbh and i'm well happy, i can actually enjoy the game again lol

anyone wants a friendly match let me know, but goals, tourneys, anything serious i'm out, the last week and 1/2 this game has driven me mad lol

but to everyone else still in it, keep the vids coming, some great matches came out of that thread, were great to watch so will be exceptionaly keen and eager to see some good matches being posted in the future :)

My friend do what is best for you! I am always up for a friendly match!!! As mentioned earlier , it not about coins, win / loss or how many rings (but nice when they are finally achieved) To me it is about making the shot. The rest works itself out. :smiley:

As to Berlin I like playing there because level of play is higher. As a result I tend to concentrate harder. I have lost 200 million coins one night then win it back . That is what I mean win / loss works itself out. (of course I haven't up load my a$$ whoopings!! ) lol

In friendly matches I actually have more fun but, my record is some what week to say the least!!!! Lol

Still want to play some 8 ball when you ready! :smiley:
  • The ScobesterThe Scobester Posts: 2,803 Pool Champion
    I want to send out Kudos to:
    @Carlos Tales
    @Alyna
    @VijayGunners
    @talha899t
    @RollYour Rock
    @81U3
    @JJoe
    @odlllbo
    @Nineballina Ge
    @Obel
    And all the players in the "New mobile platform Tournament" setup by @Carlos Tales !!

Also to anyone that I may have not listed by accident :smiley:

All are some great players and have enjoyed playing all.

Aww, Wilbs :p still love you <3
  • talha899ttalha899t Posts: 239 Pool Pro
    Oh, Thanks @Wilbur Redman
    Always enjoyed playing you and the others :)
    @Wilbur Redman you too mate

although i've given myself a challenge to win X amount of berlins per day, and X amounts of dallas matches per day, although the goal orientated stuff certainly doesnt suit me and i dont enjoy it,
    but to everyone else still in it, keep the vids coming, some great matches came out of that thread, were great to watch so will be exceptionaly keen and eager to see some good matches being posted in the future :)

I also set the goals for myself, but I dont stick to them for long enough. In the past year, some individual got access of my account and literally emptied it. Its win rate decreased to 44% and the coins to 0. At that time, I set myself a goal to get a billion coins with 50%+, now I am at 8b with 52.7%
    Some days ago I thought that I would play the game for the whole day and see what I can do. I got 1.5B coins by playing Berlin for 10 hours or so, winning over 73% of my games.
    Sometimes I think to move to lower tiers to increase my win rate, but, I return to berlin soon (well because it's cool :D )
    Before I came to know about this forum, I thought the only reason to play this game was to accumulate a lot of coins. But when I came here and played with very very high class players my thinking changed. :p
    The game is about fun. I like to play friendlies. But, the time zone thing had always been a barrier.
    Once I made up my mind to win 30 games a day, that would make me get legend stats in a year. I stuck to that goal for only some days. :p

And yes, I always watch the videos on that thread whenever I get a chance. @Carlos Tales @odlllbo @COOLOCKER @Sunidhifan @-Alyna @JJoe @Nanny Ogg @Wilbur Redman @81U3 UTF @VijayGunners (tho I havent played you yet) etc are the players from whom I learn something, either by playing them , or by watching there videos :smiley:
    KUDOS to all of them :smiley:
    I want to send out Kudos to:
    @Carlos Tales
    @Alyna
    @VijayGunners
    @talha899t
    @RollYour Rock
    @81U3
    @JJoe
    @odlllbo
    @Nineballina Ge
    @Obel
    And all the players in the "New mobile platform Tournament" setup by @Carlos Tales !!

Also to anyone that I may have not listed by accident :smiley:

All are some great players and have enjoyed playing all.

Aww, Wilbs :p still love you <3

Catch you soon wilbs :D by the way :p beat your pal rock your roll 6-5 on the scobe4 account :) jeje :p
    probably wondering why am sending this :) eh Wilbs,messed with the wrong guy,24 hour carer for me daddy.know you have similar probs, peace
    Jeje, :) must have played around 50 games plus,eh young chap :) thanks for the well played :D wonder who is winning :)
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,881 Pool Forum Veteran
    So many carers in the forum now, I did my stint for 10 years and watched him fade away, right up until his last breath.
    Every one of you has my sincere respect for the very hard work you have chosen to take on.

This subject couldn't have come up in a better thread, because every carer deserves kudos.
    @Scobester sorry I missed you on list. It was not intentional. I have enjoyed our matches!!! :smiley:
    @Nanny Ogg @Scobester you two have my respect for what y'all have and are doing for your loved one! Also to all here that are care givers!

Jeje, :) must have played around 50 games plus,eh young chap :) thanks for the well played :D wonder who is winning :)

Yes I wonder who! That would be you. :smiley:
    Right folks :) had to get that off me back, thanks Nanny and Wilbur B) will not mention it again,now have this problem of lack of refreshments :p fortunately the shop is within close proximity, jeje :o thanks,better to confront than bottle it up o:)
    Right folks :) had to get that off me back, thanks Nanny and Wilbur B) will not mention it again,now have this problem of lack of refreshments :p fortunately the shop is within close proximity, jeje :o thanks,better to confront than bottle it up o:)

Have a refreshment for me too!! :smiley:

Have a refreshment for me too!! :smiley:

LOL :) :p o:)
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,412 Pool Forum VIP

Like you I am sure, I know I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.... ;)

X5lbOom.gif
    Sunid :) love you mate,for real B)
  • JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 957 Pool Expert
    Thanks @Nineballina Ge ! Always good playing you mate

In other news, Monday night I went on a night out, got too drunk and stupidly fell...hurt my nose, bruised inside of my jaw, cut my chin bad and... fractured my hand! Got a pot on for 6 week! Ffs lol
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,881 Pool Forum Veteran
    JJoe wrote: »

In other news, Monday night I went on a night out, got too drunk and stupidly fell...hurt my nose, bruised inside of my jaw, cut my chin bad and... fractured my hand! Got a pot on for 6 week! Ffs lol

Aww poor JJoe :D

The nose, jaw and chin aren't so bad, just don't talk too much for a few days LOL
    As for your hand, well at least you can still play mobile since you only need one finger, but pc version could be a bit of a problem LOL
    And you gotta feel sorry for a young man when he can't use his hand for several weeks...

h1rkw3ha6kwf.jpg
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Secluder.Posts: 3,801 Pool Champion
    JJoe wrote: »

I hope its not the hand you use for wiping Joe, lol. In all seriousness though, ive been there and know how it feels. You will manage.
  • talha899ttalha899t Posts: 239 Pool Pro
    Ouch!!
    Get well soon Lord Jay Joe. Take care of yourself. And try not to play.... :#
    @JJoe Hope recovery is quick!!