Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

News and Articles

1121314151618»

Comments

• Nanny OggNanny Ogg Member of the Year 2016Posts: 8,893 Pool Forum VIP
    @killum!nati

Since you brought this thread back in to the realms of the more interesting and adult themes, even though the timing was a bit lousy, I felt compelled to go back and re-read from the beginning LOL

I have to say, we used to have some great debates in here not too long ago didn't we !

There have been some real characters in this forum over my 2 year membership, some of whom are no longer with us, that used to make some really great contributions to this place.

One of those characters that I miss was NorthWalesCoast aka Jake Strong.
    He was one of the most interesting posters there has ever been in my time here.

It's such a shame that the most interesting and entertaining people always seem to get banned ( like NWC and Christhecueball ) or simply disappear without a word ( like ACB and darksidemike ).

Now all we have is serial music vid posters and risque jokesters, not exactly the epitome of originality and intelligent entertainment is it LOL

Even having a couple of resident nutters makes the place more worthwhile but even they keep getting banned ( come back Kim we miss your hat ) LOL
  • G11gamingG11gaming United Kingdom Posts: 2,038 Pool Champion
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    @killum!nati

Now all we have is serial music vid posters and risque jokesters, not exactly the epitome of originality and intelligent entertainment is LOL

Hmmm nan I feel that you are having a pop at a few of us, tell me I'm wrong? :'( :'(
    G11gaming wrote: »
    @killum!nati

Now all we have is serial music vid posters and risque jokesters, not exactly the epitome of originality and intelligent entertainment is LOL

Hmmm nan I feel that you are having a pop at a few of us, tell me I'm wrong? :'( :'(

I'm not having a pop hun, everyone is free to do as they see fit, doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on it though LOL
  • ZogggZoggg Posts: 794 Pool Expert
    There's an old joke about the news that 1 dead Brit equals 10 dead Belgians equals 100 dead Africans.
    Zoggg wrote: »
    There's an old joke about the news that 1 dead Brit equals 10 dead Belgians equals 100 dead Africans.

Some jokes have a kernel of truth in them, which makes them all the more telling, and as Killuminatis' poorly timed post shows, the mainstream media in the west do actually report just like that, unfortunately.
  • killum!natikillum!nati Time discovers truthPosts: 1,337 Pool Champion
    edited May 26
    yes indeed nan LOL
    when i go back and re-read from the beginning, it doesn’t even feel like it was that long ago. it’s kinda crazy how time flies

Not too long after the best and most interesting posters started to vanish/get banned, the forum has been on this downhill rollercoaster that never really ceased. But now i feel like you and few others here are like the backbone of this forum and the reason why the rollercoaster has stopped.

Definitely not the epitome of originality and entertainment but it's interesting to see what people are into these days LOL

Mr kim was on a whole different ball game , he surely will NOT be forgotten
    @killum!nati

Kind words indeed Killum, thank you :)

I remember when we used to look forward to coming in and seeing what some of the old posters had to say each day.
    There was always something interesting to get your metaphorical teeth into back then, and those long conversations and debates were well worth reading and getting involved in.

Sadly, it seems those days are over and the forum no longer has the drawing power it used to have, it's all so boring now and although I sometimes wonder how I managed to survive this long without getting permabanned too ( :D ) these days I struggle to find the enthusiasm to post anywhere near as much as I used to.

We need people with a little character but unfortunately they either get kicked out or they get so demoralised that they go elsewhere.

Funny how "the good old days" were not really all that long ago though LOL
    @killum!nati

We need people with a little character but unfortunately they either get kicked out or they get so demoralised that they go elsewhere​

Unfortunately for you it has all worn a bit thin, it does after so long in a game that gripped you and others from way back then, 5 years is a long time in a game , I know I've been there seen it done it. Maybe you need to put your ogg que down now and go into retirement with all the intellectual folk and discuss more originality .

I like you nan but I feel that you want to rule this place and dictate to others on their conduct, you have upset me tonight, I was going to let it go but I feel that too many people have let it go here with you in the past.

Old friends of nan, admin, mods, if you don't like what I'm saying feel free to ban me
    edited May 27

@killum!nati

I remember when we used to look forward to coming in and seeing what some of the old posters had to say each day.
    There was always something interesting to get your metaphorical teeth into back then, and those long conversations and debates were well worth reading and getting involved in.

Sadly, it seems those days are over and the forum no longer has the drawing power it used to have, it's all so boring now and although I sometimes wonder how I managed to survive this long without getting permabanned too ( :D ) these days I struggle to find the enthusiasm to post anywhere near as much as I used to.

We need people with a little character but unfortunately they either get kicked out or they get so demoralised that they go elsewhere.

Funny how "the good old days" were not really all that long ago though LOL

Very true :D The memories !

If i were to describe it in two words i would say it was a BIG MESS but that's what made so great and entertaining! - we had folks from all across the world coming here and sharing their thoughts/opinion, debating on different issues as you've mentioned above and etc...

i had doubts myself (esp knowing how you were one of the kinds that don't hold back on how they feel about something) but it's a good thing that you're still here with us

Sentiment shared re your entire statement !
    G11gaming wrote: »
    @killum!nati

We need people with a little character but unfortunately they either get kicked out or they get so demoralised that they go elsewhere​

Unfortunately for you it has all worn a bit thin, it does after so long in a game that gripped you and others from way back then, 5 years is a long time in a game , I know I've been there seen it done it. Maybe you need to put your ogg que down now and go into retirement with all the intellectual folk and discuss more originality .

I like you nan but I feel that you want to rule this place and dictate to others on their conduct, you have upset me tonight, I was going to let it go but I feel that too many people have let it go here with you in the past.

Old friends of nan, admin, mods, if you don't like what I'm saying feel free to ban me

No-one is going to ban you for your opinion G11, you have every right to speak your mind and if you have somehow taken my words personally then that is a most unfortunate problem.

Although I should make it clear that it's not my problem.

I totally refute your suggestions vis-a-vis your perceptions of my motives.

Unlike yourself, I believe everyone has a right to an opinion and a right to conduct themselves in any way that they want to.

I don't think you have been here long enough to make any judgements on what I have or have not got away with in the past.
    And I have had more than my fair share of arguments and fights with others, so that statement that too many people have "let it go" really doesn't hold water I'm afraid.

I speak my mind, just as you have done so tonight, and I have as much right to do so as you do.

You may not like my opinions, there are almost certainly many, many others that feel the same way.
    But they are mine to hold, and I do so with no apologies or excuses.
    edited June 22

b6ufog9jjalj.jpg

Hillary Emails Reveal NATO Killed Gaddafi to Stop Libyan Creation of Gold-Backed Currency

Hillary’s emails truly are the gifts that keep on giving. While France led the proponents of the UN Security Council Resolution that would create a no-fly zone in Libya, it claimed that its primary concern was the protection of Libyan civilians (considering the current state of affairs alone, one must rethink the authenticity of this concern). As many “conspiracy theorists” will claim, one of the real reasons to go to Libya was Gaddafi’s planned gold dinar.
    edited July 26
    News of John McCain reaches ISIS in Syria

Jihadis in shock
    qm4scmk8lzxp.jpg
  • *Aurora**Aurora* There is no substitute.Posts: 5,722 Pool Forum VIP
    *Aurora* wrote: »

Mine definitely is..... i will no longer set children free on this wonderful planet we all live and thrive on.

scissors-1.jpg

:joy:
  • Urban SpacemanUrban Spaceman Posts: 373 Pool Pro

Must get my Abacus out and do a check on my own , back later.
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 4,663 Pool Champion
    edited July 30
    Yikes......gonna be a HOT week here for sure:

gBv0dNy.png

That 113 F. on Wednesday is 45 C. for you folks who use Celsius
    (pretty much everyone else in the world compared to us in the U.S. of A...... :D )

X5lbOom.gif
  • *Aurora**Aurora* There is no substitute.Posts: 5,722 Pool Forum VIP

Still counting? You might need a microscope, too?
  • Urban SpacemanUrban Spaceman Posts: 373 Pool Pro

Still counting? You might need a microscope, too?

My Abacus went on fire , those little guys sure can swim fast , and so many of them .