Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Summer 2016 Team Tourney [Tourney is finished. Congratz Dark Wave!]

*Aurora**Aurora* youtoo?Posts: 6,033 Pool Forum VIP
edited July 2016 in Tournaments
Time to move on!

This is the last pic of the tourney (again). Thanks for participating.

We have a winner! Team Terrific T's finished all their games with score of 54. However, they didn't play any mobile game as is in the rules, so after a complaint I have removed their last game result against Death Squad and they remain at 45 points.

Congrats to Dark Wave! @AgentCueball from team Fossils conceded his game against Dark Wave. Since I don't have any rule about this, I now make a decision to end game 3-0 in Dark Wave's favor and the tourney goes to them with 56 points.

The official deadline is August 1st, there is this one day to further protest against my decisions. Especially Terrific T's might have something to say.

d7FhDfh.png
TEAMS:
Groups of three players are needed to play this tourney as teams. You are qualified to play in this tourney
  • IF you have been a member since April 2016
  • OR you have made at least 500 posts in this forum
  • OR another forumer with good reputation recommends you.

In addition to this:
  • You can play only for one team in this tourney.
  • In case a player is unable to finish the tourney, team can replace this player with a new team member, who fills these requirements.
PLAYING:
All teams play against each other once in each category.

The three games between teams are:
  • 8 ball race to 9
  • 9 ball race to 7
  • indirect race to 5

All games are played until the required number of frames is reached by either opponent. All won frames count as 1 point for each opponent.

REQUIREMENTS:
  • at least 1 game has to be played on mobile
  • at least 1 game has to be played on PC
  • mobile games are played in London tier
  • team needs a captain to decide how players pair between teams, this is done in pm's between team captains
  • games will start after sign-up closes but only after the full playing schedule is approved by me and the team captains

IMPORTANT ABOUT CUE:
  • FAS (force-aim-spin) is unlimited but default is 3-3-3, T (time) is ignored
  • using cue with bigger values than 3-3-3 will add to your opponent's points (1 point per each digit exceeding value 3, max 3 points per game)... example: you have won the 8 ball game 9-5 with 3-3-3 cue, your opponent's cue is 3-4-5 (giving you 2 extra points), result is 'you 11-5 opponent'
  • before the game starts you have to announce which cue you are using.

TOURNEY DEADLINE:

will be determined, when sign-up and game schedule is done.

RULES:
In all games we ignore the timer. If you run out of time, your opponent is supposed to let you continue from that situation by tapping the ball gently or letting his timer run out. After getting your turn back you continue from where the cue ball is. Even if the game at that point gives you ball in hand, you are only allowed to move the ball to where it was when the timer ran out.

8 ball: Miniclip rules.

9 ball:

I have copied rules from @M A G ! C A L !! 's post.

Rules to Play 9Ball.

Indi:

I have copied the rules from this post by *!!_The Best_!!

RULES CAN ALSO BE FOUND IN THIS POST.

I have eliminated the kitchen-rule. If Push Out -rule in 9 ball feels difficult, it is easy to ignore.

Terrific T's
@The Titan!! - Mob/PC - Indirect (333/Festive Cues), Captain
@*DashingAgent* (PC) replacing @The Scobester
@*tareko* - PC - 9 Ball - (333/Festive Cues)

Dark Wave
@*DarkLordRises*, 9 Ball (Mobile), Captain
@Snooker Titan, Indirect (PC)
@M A G ! C A L !!, Direct (PC)

Death Squad
@Nicolai Mohammed, 9 ball, PC or Mobile
@-Cutthroat-, indirect, PC, Captain
@AdamTryTheApples, direct, PC only

Dark Ravens [removed from the tourney]
*!!_The Best_!!, direct, PC, Captain (now known as The Batman!!) [BANNED July 16] team needs a replacement
10 k, indirect, mobile
* J I N X *, 9 ball, PC

Fossils
@Paulb228 Captain Mobile - 8, indi
@*Aurora* PC - 8, 9
@agentcueball Mobile - 8, 9, indi. PC 8, 9, indi

RiseOfAbyss [removed from the tourney]
"The_Stiinger!" ( Direct PC+Mobile ), Captain
"Zaeem aslam" ( 9 ball PC )
"Fureee" ( indirect mobile )

UPDATE July 27 am

ADDITIONS TO RULES:

Disconnections can be handled by following what is said in indi rules:
9. Disconnect Rule - No matter how long of a race you're playing against your opponent, number of allowed dc-s is 2 and not more. If your opponent is on the black while you get dc, you lose that frame. If you have a 3rd dc while playing, you lose all games. This rule is to stop players from 'leaving' mid game, if they're behind... It's a harsh rule we expect discretion and common sense from players.

More than 2 disconnections and your opponent wins the game 2-0.

Forum ban causes player to lose his tourney place. His team has to start looking for a replacement as soon as possible. The games already played by banned player become void and have to be replayed by the new player. The team has to find a replacement within a week from banning, otherwise they are removed from tourney and points from their games don't count. In case there is less than week left to tourney deadline when banning occurs, team has to leave the tourney.

Tourney Deadline: When at least half of all games in the original schedule are played, from that date the deadline is set to as many days forward as it took to play those games from the beginning.

DEADLINE August 1st.

O1XoVtv.png

Important about cues!
The cue can be picked separately for each game. If both opponents rather use high-value cues, this will not affect the team score. I've changed the way this is calculated. Only the difference counts, and adds to your opponent's team score, it will not deduct points from your team.

Here's an example how cues can be picked and what is the affect:

NimAn9R.png

Remember to always read first post in this thread to see the latest additions!
Post edited by *Aurora* on

Comments

• The Titan!!The Titan!! Posts: 1,974 Pool Champion
    I think we need to name our teams? I'll decide that later.
    But my team is : Myself (for indirect)
    @The Scobester (for direct)
    @*tareko* (for 9 ball
  • Paulb228Paulb228 Posts: 5,872 Pool Forum VIP
    @*tareko* (for 9 ball

Your team could be called the 3T's
  • *Aurora**Aurora* youtoo?Posts: 6,033 Pool Forum VIP
    edited June 2016
    @*tareko* (for 9 ball

Can you also play both mobile and pc when necessary?
    edited June 2016
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    @*tareko* (for 9 ball

Can you also play both mobile and pc when necessary?

I don't really like Mobile version. Although I have some experience so I guess I'll be fine.
  • 10k             10k Posts: 1,709 Pool Champion
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    TEAMS:

Groups of three players are needed to play this tourney as teams. You are qualified to play in this tourney
    • IF you have been a member since April 2016
    • OR you have made at least 500 posts in this forum
    • OR another forumer with good reputation recommends you.

In addition to this:
    • You can play only for one team in this tourney.
    • In case a player is unable to finish the tourney, team can replace this player with a new team member, who fills these requirements.

PLAYING:

All teams play against each other once in each category.

The three games between teams are:
    • 8 ball race to 9
    • 9 ball race to 7
    • indirect race to 5

All games are played until the required number of frames is reached by either opponent. All won frames count as 1 point for each opponent.

REQUIREMENTS:
    • at least 1 game has to be played on mobile
    • at least 1 game has to be played on PC
    • team needs a captain to decide how players pair between teams, this is done in pm's between team captains
    • games will start after sign-up closes but only after the full playing schedule is approved by me and the team captains

IMPORTANT ABOUT CUE:
    • FAS (force-aim-spin) is unlimited but default is 3-3-3, T (time) is ignored
    • using cue with bigger values than 3-3-3 will add to your opponent's points (1 point per each digit exceeding value 3, max 3 points per game)... example: you have won the 8 ball game 9-5 with 3-3-3 cue, your opponent's cue is 3-4-5 (giving you 2 extra points), result is 'you 11-5 opponent'
    • before the game starts you have to announce which cue you are using.

TOURNEY DEADLINE:

will be determined, when sign-up and game schedule is done.

RULES:

In all games we ignore the timer. If you run out of time, your opponent is supposed to let you continue from that situation by tapping the ball gently or letting his timer run out. After getting your turn back you continue from where the cue ball is. Even if the game at that point gives you ball in hand, you are only allowed to move the ball to where it was when the timer ran out.

8 ball: Miniclip rules.

9 ball:

I have copied rules from @M A G ! C A L !! 's post.

Rules to Play 9Ball.

- In 9-ball, a legal shot consists of striking the cue ball into the lowest numbered object ball on the table and then either pocketing an object ball, or driving any ball (including the cue ball) to any rail, otherwise the shot is a foul. Object balls have to be hit in order of lowest first (either 1, then 2, then 3 …. or 9, then 10, then 11, depending if you choose the set of solids or stripes). But you can pot any other ball of your set (for example, using the 9 to pot the 11) and continue your turn, provided you hit the lowest ball first.

- Flukes are allowed.

-On this MC version our « winning » ball is the 8 ball. This is pocketed last, after all your other balls have been potted. Pocketing the 8 before your group of balls is a loss of frame.

-To break, you can hit any ball. You don't have to hit the lowest ball on this shot.

-Please pay attention to any 9 ball fouls that may occur. The game does not recognise all the fouls of 9 ball, for example if you are escaping from a snooker but you hit the 3 instead of the 1 ball. The game thinks this is a legal shot, but in reality you have not hit the lowest ball. If this happens, you have to pass the turn back (using potting the cue ball is quickest) to give your opponent ball in hand after the foul.

- The Push Out Rule. This is a special rule used in 9 ball and it applies ONLY to the second shot of any rack. After a break, mostly when you can’t aim at the lowest balls of a group, you may use the « push out ». This consists of pushing the cue ball where you want, without potting a ball, and it is the only time, apart from the break, where you can play a legal shot without hitting the lowest ball on the table. The opponent then has two choices: play from that position, or pass the turn and let you play again. To indicate you want to play a ‘push out’, use the « nice cue » chat message. The person who plays the *third* shot of the game cannot play another push-out.

It is *often* used when you do not have a clear shot at the lowest-numbered ball. But you don’t *have* to be snookered to use it. There may be another tactical reason – say a very difficult clearance/table – which you may want to tempt your opponent into clearing.

In our MC version of the game, you cannot pocket a ball on the push-out because this assigns stripes/solids and can seriously disadvantage a player. If this is done accidentally, it’s best to restart the frame. Obviously if this done deliberately it will be considered not sporting, and you will be penalised.

You cannot pot the white AND play a push-out. This is simply a foul and the opponent gets bih. The push-out is cancelled.

You cannot pot the black and play a push-out. IRL 9 ball, the 9 ball (the winning ball) would be respotted, but in the MC version the scores would get messed up--and again this can be abused--so we count this as a loss.

Additional Rules

- The timer should be ignored. We must not take ball in hand if the opponent runs out of time. Either wait out the timer back, or if the situation allows, tap the white quickly with lowest possible power. If you are unsure, just let your timer run out.

- With disconnections or errors, you must discuss with your opponent if there was a 'strong favourite' to win the rack, or whether it should be replayed. If a player was about to win the rack, they should be awarded the rack. If a player leaves or gets an error when he is completely out of position with an easy clearance left for his opponent, the rack should go to his opponent. If the error occurs when only a few shots have been played, or if there is no clear winner, you should just replay the rack with the player that was on the table breaking. You should agree on the score before continuing.

(Copied from ODT's forum)

Indi:

I have copied the rules from this post by *!!_The Best_!!

1. The break may be done by any method you choose since by nature, it is impossible to make a direct pocket from the break.

2. Banking:

(a) All banks are accepted (See video for guidance)

3. Caroms are any action that causes the following:

(a) The cue ball changes direction by deflecting off of another ball in order to strike a ball that is then potted.

(b) The object ball after being struck by the cue ball then strikes another ball and changes direction to enter a pocket or cause another ball to enter the pocket.

(c) Caroms can be done using any balls on the table as long as first contact is made legally with one of your object balls.

4. Combination shots - using any combination of balls to ultimately pocket one of your balls. Again, first contact must be made with one of your object balls.

5. All shots should be made with the intent to pocket a particular ball in a particular pocket. In other words, you always have to show the pocket you want to pot your ball in!

(a) If you miss your intended shot and another ball of yours drops somewhere else, this is a fluke and you have to slightly tap the cue and pass your turn back to the opponent, then click 'Good luck'.

6. If in your attempts, you make a shot directly in without your ball hitting a rail 1st, that is considered an illegal shot.

7. After a scratch - also known as potting the cue ball.
    The incoming player has to play the cueball only from within
    the area that you break from.

(a) You cannot make first contact with any ball that is located within the area that is behind the break line unless you make the cue ball cross the foul line 1st before making any contact with a ball that is behind the break line.

8. If the time runs out on your opponents shot clock, you must return the cue ball back. The player receiving the ball back must play it from that same position.

9. Disconnect Rule - No matter how long of a race you're playing against your opponent, number of allowed dc-s is 2 and not more. If your opponent is on the black while you get dc, you lose that frame. If you have a 3rd dc while playing, you lose all games. This rule is to stop players from 'leaving' mid game, if they're behind... It's a harsh rule we expect discretion and common sense from players.

SIGN-UP MAY START.

Read the rules carefully. If there is anything that needs clarifying, post your questions here before the sign-up closes.

I have eliminated the kitchen-rule. If Push Out -rule in 9 ball feels difficult, it is easy to ignore.

Since its 3,3,3 and 3,4,5 4 is 1 more than 3, and 5 is 2 more than 3, wouldnt that add 3 point not two? Making it 12-5? And to my team is it ok if im captain? If anyone else wants it its ok. Im playing indi mobile
  • 10k             10k Posts: 1,709 Pool Champion
    edited June 2016
    Teams with
    *!!_The Best_!! And
    * J I N X *
  • Nicolai MohammedNicolai Mohammed Trinidad & TobagoPosts: 1,552 Pool Champion
    Free for a team if anyone's organizing, I can play mobile or PC (prefer mobile :wink:). Good luck to all participants! :)
  • AgentCueballAgentCueball Posts: 9,722
    edited June 2016
    Free for a team if anyone's organizing, I can play mobile or PC (prefer mobile :wink:). Good luck to all participants! :)

I'll join with you for mobile's 8/9 ball (maybe indirect and web) and don't want to be a captain
  • *DashingAgent**DashingAgent* Posts: 1,079 Pool Champion

I'll join with you for mobile's 8/9 ball (maybe indirect and web) and don't want to be a captain

I can join you both but dun know that how long will this tour take and maybe i will not be able to play for the team. :p
    edited July 2016
    10k ! wrote: »

Since its 3,3,3 and 3,4,5 4 is 1 more than 3, and 5 is 2 more than 3, wouldnt that add 3 point not two? Making it 12-5? And to my team is it ok if im captain? If anyone else wants it its ok. Im playing indi mobile

Each digit of x-x-x only adds one point for the opponent, if it goes over 3.

3-4-5 means that first digit (3) gives 0, 4 gives 1, 5 gives 1.

I'm sorry for not being able to formulate that better in English.

I can join you both but dun know that how long will this tour take and maybe i will not be able to play for the team. :p

It depends on how many teams join. If only two teams, it shouldn't take long for them to play 3 games. :)
    Post edited by *Aurora* on
  • The_Stiinger!The_Stiinger! Posts: 1,103 Pool Champion
    Hi! Anyone willing to team up? I can play direct on both PC and Mobile versions
  • Zaeem Aslam!Zaeem Aslam! Posts: 7,329 Pool Forum VIP
    Hi! Anyone willing to team up? I can play direct on both PC and Mobile versions

How about we two? And we can add someone else too.
  • Me,
    Snooker Titan,
    M A G ! C A L !!
    10k ! wrote: »
    Teams with
    *!!_The Best_!! And
    * J I N X *

The point is to agree with other team members first, you can't declare a team on your own.
  • AgentCueballAgentCueball Posts: 9,722
    can we see the official updated teams (final) and waiting list of player/team (forming) ?
  • Ahsan_PlayerAhsan_Player Posts: 544 Pool Expert
    edited June 2016
    Interesting tourney.. best of luck :)
  • Nicolai MohammedNicolai Mohammed Trinidad & TobagoPosts: 1,552 Pool Champion
    @-Cutthroat-
    @AdamTryTheApples
    Myself

Don't think we've decided a team name yet, guys?
  • vadorablevadorable Posts: 868 Pool Expert
    You're just awesome my friend @AdamTryTheApples ;)
    edited June 2016
    vadorable wrote: »
    I just hope some English have a sense of humor, like Nanny lol
    This topic should be moved at least, if not removed because there is discrimination.

You are welcome to play, if you can form a team with two others. Anyone new here is welcome to play, if he can convince a more experienced player (someone with good reputation means, that they already fill the requirements to join) to accept him in a team.

You can keep spamming this thread, if you wish. It gets more views as it's staying on top. But if you wish this thread moved to Tournaments section, I can't run the tourney anymore. It's not possible to upload pics in that subsection.