Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Summer 2016 Team Tourney [Tourney is finished. Congratz Dark Wave!]

12425262729

Comments

  • AdamTryTheApplesAdamTryTheApples Posts: 1,509 Pool Champion
    edited August 2016
    @*Aurora* why did you count the ATTA vs dashing agents match? This game was supposed to be played in Mobile version, right?

    Do you have a problem? Our game supposed to be on pc, end of discussion.



    Congrats to winner :) it was fun!
  • *DarkLordRises**DarkLordRises* Posts: 107
    edited August 2016
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    don't worry about it ... I am glad this tournament is over

    No tell me, I would love to know what you meant.

    it means that I quit ... or ... gave *DarkLordRises* a free win ...

    I am here nearly all the time, but hardly stayed here for more than 10 minutes ... I am always check and go ... because I have other duties to catch up

    Just like you are not online now. Anyways I waited for you but you were offline. I just need to win 2 racks to get my team on the top (which is already on the top if we follow rules) and I think it won't be a problem for me to win at least 2 racks on the format that I started on this forum a year ago. So I already had the upper hand and as you said yourself that your team has lost so you concede. Now as I said no need to say stuff like free win. This is just a game so please don't make more mess when you can behave like a gent and everything would be alright. :)

    Look again. Your team wins whether you played ACB or not.

    Yes, so as you said yourself, ACB shouldn't have said that I (or we) got an easy win. I know he is your team member and you should defend him but also you are the organizer. If players don't respect the winners here then it will effect your tourney's reputation
    Congrats to winner :) it was fun!

    Thanks hun
  • *Aurora**Aurora* There is no substitute.Posts: 5,365 Pool Forum VIP
    You expect me to scold ACB for telling you the truth? Ignore it. Your team played excellently, you didn't even need scores from that game. And I emphasize the word TEAM.
  • *Aurora* wrote: »
    You expect me to scold ACB for telling you the truth? Ignore it. Your team played excellently, you didn't even need scores from that game. And I emphasize the word TEAM.

    I expect you to be little mature and at least admit that what ACB said was unfair and unsporty as the one who organized all this. For example would it be alright for me to show off here that I won or say something like nobody had no chance against us because we dominated which as a matter of fact is true. So would it be cool with everyone if I said so just because I'm telling the TRUTH? Of course not and the one thing that would surely be effected would be my respect. I would lose respect in everyone's eyes. So please don't use the word TRUTH to cover up his mess.

    Thank you for the compliment! (y) Cheers!
  • M A G ! C A L !!M A G ! C A L !! Posts: 612 Pool Expert
    edited August 2016
    @*Aurora* why did you count the ATTA vs dashing agents match? This game was supposed to be played in Mobile version, right?

    Do you have a problem? Our game supposed to be on pc, end of discussion.



    Congrats to winner :) it was fun!

    Yes I do have a problem with that. :) At least one game was supposed to be played on mobile version, and you guys match was the last one among your both group.
  • M A G ! C A L !!M A G ! C A L !! Posts: 612 Pool Expert
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    You expect me to scold ACB for telling you the truth? Ignore it. Your team played excellently, you didn't even need scores from that game. And I emphasize the word TEAM.

    You really need to learn to arrange tournaments Aurora, from the next time put this line on the thread that, good players are prohibited to enter the tournaments. And I'm not defining my self as a good player.
  • Congrats to The Dark Wave. Bravo !!!
  • Paulb228Paulb228 Posts: 5,872 Pool Forum VIP
    In life I've noticed people fall mainly into 3 categories.
    1. people who try and do things for the good of others, they don't always succeed, and sometimes they fall flat on their rear.
    2. Those who are happy for others to organise things, they are supportive, even when things don't go to plan. They are supportive because they understand how difficult it is to please EVERYONE.
    3. Those who complain endlessly at every tiny failing of those who Try. Yet these people NEVER step up to the plate to do anything themselves. Because they know deep down, it takes effort and hard work to try and organise things. It take no effort at all to stand on the sideline, point and criticise.

    Now ask yourself, which one are you.
    Most of us are a 2. And that's great.
    Very few are a 1. This is because most of us 2's are not happy about the constant criticism from the 3's
    If you are a 3, try being a 2, understand not everything is perfect, but without the 1's nothing would get done.
    If you are a 3, NEVER try to be a 1, you couldn't take the criticism from your fellow 3's
  • *DarkLordRises**DarkLordRises* Posts: 107
    edited August 2016
    Paulb228 wrote: »
    In life I've noticed people fall mainly into 3 categories.
    1. people who try and do things for the good of others, they don't always succeed, and sometimes they fall flat on their rear.
    2. Those who are happy for others to organise things, they are supportive, even when things don't go to plan. They are supportive because they understand how difficult it is to please EVERYONE.
    3. Those who complain endlessly at every tiny failing of those who Try. Yet these people NEVER step up to the plate to do anything themselves. Because they know deep down, it takes effort and hard work to try and organise things. It take no effort at all to stand on the sideline, point and criticise.

    Now ask yourself, which one are you.
    Most of us are a 2. And that's great.
    Very few are a 1. This is because most of us 2's are not happy about the constant criticism from the 3's
    If you are a 3, try being a 2, understand not everything is perfect, but without the 1's nothing would get done.
    If you are a 3, NEVER try to be a 1, you couldn't take the criticism from your fellow 3's

    @Paulb228 In life you should know. Never to judge someone before knowing them completely. This is not the ONLY place where tournaments are organized, I too have organized tons of tournaments but when they are organized players expect them to be friendly and fair and fun. I have been here for 1.5 years now (almost). If I speak (or criticize someone) that would mean there's something wrong. I got your point. I should appreciate what Aurora has done and shouldn't criticize because as you quoted:
    Those who complain endlessly at every tiny failing of those who Try. Yet these people NEVER step up to the plate to do anything themselves. Because they know deep down, it takes effort and hard work to try and organise things. It take no effort at all to stand on the sideline, point and criticise.

    But I HAVE stepped up, oh yeah I have and I still do tournaments on Facebook. Lets leave that topic and come back to criticism but I never criticized Aurora. I had problem with what ACB said. The problem I had with Aurora was that she was trying to cover up his mess calling it truth. Our team played all matches according to rules within the deadline. Now if someone has to go to Vacation while his opponents wait, its ok. Go to fly kite instead of playing while his opponent waits............ummm? Go to buy Carpet Shampoo Vacuum while his opponent waits.....mmmm?? Play the SAME game to win rings instead of playing with his opponent who waited for 2 AM.........and in the end telling his opponent that he got the easy win, telling the opponent who tried to arrange a match for almost a month while he didn't even tried once to tell his opponent that which time would suit you or even to tell that he is back from vacations??? You be the judge now and tell me can that be overlooked as TRUTH? Lets see how you put that through your life experience.
  • *Aurora**Aurora* There is no substitute.Posts: 5,365 Pool Forum VIP
    Ok, so I have read all posts in this thread now.

    It's not my place to judge, who has put more effort into arranging to play. I myself was on two 5-day trips during the tourney. We managed that, thank you all!

    This tourney was meant as fun and real life commitments should go first. Even vacations! ACB has been rather informative about his actions in this thread. He has also stretched a lot by playing PC and game formats, that he usually is not that familiar with. He had the unfortunate role to try and play Fureee and Batman. Fureee never showed up and Batman/The Best/*insert an alias here*, oh well...

    I could see ACB's frustration over these arrangements and he voluntarily handed your team 3 extra points. I'm tempted to remove those points now, but I'm not bothered to make another pic of the sheet anymore. The initial idea was that when deadline comes, games end, we count the points from the games that finished. Winner is the team with most points.

    In my tourneys I don't want anyone missing their dinners or bedtime or shopping hour because of these games. I'm not willing to put any individual before another, because this tourney is about team work.

    Again, I'm sorry for those players, who made the effort to play, but couldn't finish because their teams were removed. I appreciate the input from you all. If you're looking for nicer treatment, then be sure to look for tourneys from other hosts. ;) Sorry. o:)
  • Paulb228Paulb228 Posts: 5,872 Pool Forum VIP
    Paulb228 wrote: »
    In life I've noticed people fall mainly into 3 categories.
    1. people who try and do things for the good of others, they don't always succeed, and sometimes they fall flat on their rear.
    2. Those who are happy for others to organise things, they are supportive, even when things don't go to plan. They are supportive because they understand how difficult it is to please EVERYONE.
    3. Those who complain endlessly at every tiny failing of those who Try. Yet these people NEVER step up to the plate to do anything themselves. Because they know deep down, it takes effort and hard work to try and organise things. It take no effort at all to stand on the sideline, point and criticise.

    Now ask yourself, which one are you.
    Most of us are a 2. And that's great.
    Very few are a 1. This is because most of us 2's are not happy about the constant criticism from the 3's
    If you are a 3, try being a 2, understand not everything is perfect, but without the 1's nothing would get done.
    If you are a 3, NEVER try to be a 1, you couldn't take the criticism from your fellow 3's

    @Paulb228 In life you should know. Never to judge someone before knowing them completely. This is not the ONLY place where tournaments are organized, I too have organized tons of tournaments but when they are organized players expect them to be friendly and fair and fun. I have been here for 1.5 years now (almost). If I speak (or criticize someone) that would mean there's something wrong. I got your point. I should appreciate what Aurora has done and shouldn't criticize because as you quoted:
    Those who complain endlessly at every tiny failing of those who Try. Yet these people NEVER step up to the plate to do anything themselves. Because they know deep down, it takes effort and hard work to try and organise things. It take no effort at all to stand on the sideline, point and criticise.

    But I HAVE stepped up, oh yeah I have and I still do tournaments on Facebook. Lets leave that topic and come back to criticism but I never criticized Aurora. I had problem with what ACB said. The problem I had with Aurora was that she was trying to cover up his mess calling it truth. Our team played all matches according to rules within the deadline. Now if someone has to go to Vacation while his opponents wait, its ok. Go to fly kite instead of playing while his opponent waits............ummm? Go to buy Carpet Shampoo Vacuum while his opponent waits.....mmmm?? Play the SAME game to win rings instead of playing with his opponent who waited for 2 AM.........and in the end telling his opponent that he got the easy win, telling the opponent who tried to arrange a match for almost a month while he didn't even tried once to tell his opponent that which time would suit you or even to tell that he is back from vacations??? You be the judge now and tell me can that be overlooked as TRUTH? Lets see how you put that through your life experience.

    All points are well made.
    And I can't disagree with any.
    But if you read my post again. I didn't mention any names.
    Sorry you have taken this personally. It was actually meant to compliment Aurora' s efforts and those who's turned up to play
  • AgentCueballAgentCueball Posts: 9,722
    edited August 2016
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    Ok, so I have read all posts in this thread now.

    It's not my place to judge, who has put more effort into arranging to play. I myself was on two 5-day trips during the tourney. We managed that, thank you all!

    This tourney was meant as fun and real life commitments should go first. Even vacations! ACB has been rather informative about his actions in this thread. He has also stretched a lot by playing PC and game formats, that he usually is not that familiar with. He had the unfortunate role to try and play Fureee and Batman. Fureee never showed up and Batman/The Best/*insert an alias here*, oh well...

    I could see ACB's frustration over these arrangements and he voluntarily handed your team 3 extra points. I'm tempted to remove those points now, but I'm not bothered to make another pic of the sheet anymore. The initial idea was that when deadline comes, games end, we count the points from the games that finished. Winner is the team with most points.

    In my tourneys I don't want anyone missing their dinners or bedtime or shopping hour because of these games. I'm not willing to put any individual before another, because this tourney is about team work.

    Again, I'm sorry for those players, who made the effort to play, but couldn't finish because their teams were removed. I appreciate the input from you all. If you're looking for nicer treatment, then be sure to look for tourneys from other hosts. ;) Sorry. o:)

    Well-Said ... you did great, Aurora :)

    I laughed at one line that said "Go to buy Carpet Shampoo Vacuum"

    Honestly I went to grocery (Monday afternoon) and bought Carpet Shampoo (already have the vacuum)

    De Ja Vu :) How did you know ? :lol:
  • *Aurora**Aurora* There is no substitute.Posts: 5,365 Pool Forum VIP
    edited August 2016
    Note to myself: add to my next tourney description a warning of possible inconvenience caused by senior players.
  • The_Stiinger!The_Stiinger! Posts: 1,097 Pool Champion

    No wonder ACB has grown older ;)
  • I think we need to name our teams? I'll decide that later.
    But my team is : Myself (for indirect)
    @The Scobester (for direct)
    @*tareko* (for 9 ball

  • rock83811crock83811c Posts: 14 Pool Player
  • rock83811crock83811c Posts: 14 Pool Player
    you are online here.
  • Rami ChabchoubRami Chabchoub Posts: 128 Pool Pro
    who win ! :p
  • *Aurora**Aurora* There is no substitute.Posts: 5,365 Pool Forum VIP
    Team Dark Wave won. Kinda...
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online15

* LorĐ MuJJu *
* LorĐ MuJJu *
M A G ! C A L !!
M A G ! C A L !!
Sunidhifan
Sunidhifan
Talha
Talha
yakoub12
yakoub12
_sAnA______kHaN
_sAnA______kHaN
+9 Guests