Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Summer 2016 Team Tourney [Tourney is finished. Congratz Dark Wave!]

Comments

• TetsumonchiTetsumonchi Forum Moderator ScotlandPosts: 1,430 mod
    I've tidied the thread up.

Any concerns about the way tournaments are run should be raised with staff. In the meantime please allow existing tournaments to proceed without disruption.
  • AgentCueballAgentCueball Posts: 9,722

Any concerns about the way tournaments are run should be raised with staff. In the meantime please allow existing tournaments to proceed without disruption.

thanks alot !!! ... where's my post ?
    edited June 2016
    Tetsumonchi deleted posts too much ... so I can not recall exact word for word so I made this simpler

7abdyzjkc8wg.jpg

TDoG (Team Death or Glory)

@Paulb228
    @*tareko*
    @AgentCueball

is that ok, Paul & Tareko ?
  • TetsumonchiTetsumonchi Forum Moderator ScotlandPosts: 1,430 mod
    edited June 2016

thanks alot !!! ... where's my post ?
    Its back now.. sorry. :tongue:
  • *tareko**tareko* Posts: 3,529 Pool Champion
    Tetsumonchi deleted posts too much ... so I can not recall exact word for word so I made this simpler

7abdyzjkc8wg.jpg

@Paulb228
    @*tareko*
    @AgentCueball

already in team acb sorry and good luck to find someone
    edited June 2016
    *tareko* wrote: »

7abdyzjkc8wg.jpg

@Paulb228
    @*tareko*
    @AgentCueball

Alright ... Thanks :)

... still waiting for Paul and someone else (preferred Paul to be the captain)
  • Paulb228Paulb228 Posts: 5,872 Pool Forum VIP

7abdyzjkc8wg.jpg

@Paulb228
    @*tareko*
    @AgentCueball

I'm in,
    And I suggest miss Aurora.
    She runs these tournaments for the benefit of us guys never gets to play in them.
    I'm happy to captain the team ( thus leaving missy A to concentrate on running the tourney)
    What do you say @*aurora*
    Suggest we call ourselves team fossil or "the argumentatives"
    edited July 2016
    Paulb228 wrote: »

7abdyzjkc8wg.jpg

@Paulb228
    @*tareko*
    @AgentCueball

I'm in,
    She runs these tournaments for the benefit of us guys never gets to play in them.
    I'm happy to captain the team ( thus leaving missy A to concentrate on running the tourney)

Team Fossil will do :)
    1) Paulb228
    2) AgentCueball
    3) slot is still available, but must get approved by us

Cheers Mr T

7abdyzjkc8wg.jpg

@Paulb228
    @*tareko*
    @AgentCueball

I'm in,

Team Fossil will do :)
    1) Paulb228
    2) AgentCueball
    3) slot is still available, but must get approved by us

Ideally we need a PC player. I'm mobile only, you are both but prefer mobile
  • *Aurora**Aurora* Join the N0V8MB8R League!Posts: 6,236 Pool Forum VIP
    edited July 2016
    This is going well so far, thanks, guys! It looks like we have already five teams forming up.

Before announcing teams in this thread, please, make sure everyone in your team has accepted to play for your team.

By Sunday I want to get this confirmed via pm's from each individual player. Until then the list posted in opening post is unofficial. When Monday comes I will close sign-up and game schedules planning can start.

[NAME]
    @The Titan!!, indirect, CAPTAIN?
    @The Scobester, direct
    @*tareko*, 9 ball

[NAME]
    @*DarkLordRises*
    @Snooker Titan
    @M A G ! C A L !!

Death Squad
    @Nicolai Mohammed, 9 ball, C
    @-Cutthroat-, indirect
    @AdamTryTheApples, direct

Dark Ravens
    @*!!_The Best_!!, direct, C
    @10 k, indirect
    @* J I N X *, 9 ball

[NEW TEAM]
    @Paulb228
    @AgentCueball
    ?
    Post edited by *Aurora* on
    I had to copy the rules into a new post because there's character limitation and I need more space for opening post.

RULES:

In all games we ignore the timer. If you run out of time, your opponent is supposed to let you continue from that situation by tapping the ball gently or letting his timer run out. After getting your turn back you continue from where the cue ball is. Even if the game at that point gives you ball in hand, you are only allowed to move the ball to where it was when the timer ran out.

8 ball: Miniclip rules.

9 ball:

I have copied rules from @M A G ! C A L !! 's post.

Rules to Play 9Ball.

- In 9-ball, a legal shot consists of striking the cue ball into the lowest numbered object ball on the table and then either pocketing an object ball, or driving any ball (including the cue ball) to any rail, otherwise the shot is a foul. Object balls have to be hit in order of lowest first (either 1, then 2, then 3 …. or 9, then 10, then 11, depending if you choose the set of solids or stripes). But you can pot any other ball of your set (for example, using the 9 to pot the 11) and continue your turn, provided you hit the lowest ball first.

- Flukes are allowed.

-On this MC version our « winning » ball is the 8 ball. This is pocketed last, after all your other balls have been potted. Pocketing the 8 before your group of balls is a loss of frame.

-To break, you can hit any ball. You don't have to hit the lowest ball on this shot.

-Please pay attention to any 9 ball fouls that may occur. The game does not recognise all the fouls of 9 ball, for example if you are escaping from a snooker but you hit the 3 instead of the 1 ball. The game thinks this is a legal shot, but in reality you have not hit the lowest ball. If this happens, you have to pass the turn back (using potting the cue ball is quickest) to give your opponent ball in hand after the foul.

- The Push Out Rule. This is a special rule used in 9 ball and it applies ONLY to the second shot of any rack. After a break, mostly when you can’t aim at the lowest balls of a group, you may use the « push out ». This consists of pushing the cue ball where you want, without potting a ball, and it is the only time, apart from the break, where you can play a legal shot without hitting the lowest ball on the table. The opponent then has two choices: play from that position, or pass the turn and let you play again. To indicate you want to play a ‘push out’, use the « nice cue » chat message. The person who plays the *third* shot of the game cannot play another push-out.

It is *often* used when you do not have a clear shot at the lowest-numbered ball. But you don’t *have* to be snookered to use it. There may be another tactical reason – say a very difficult clearance/table – which you may want to tempt your opponent into clearing.

In our MC version of the game, you cannot pocket a ball on the push-out because this assigns stripes/solids and can seriously disadvantage a player. If this is done accidentally, it’s best to restart the frame. Obviously if this done deliberately it will be considered not sporting, and you will be penalised.

You cannot pot the white AND play a push-out. This is simply a foul and the opponent gets bih. The push-out is cancelled.

You cannot pot the black and play a push-out. IRL 9 ball, the 9 ball (the winning ball) would be respotted, but in the MC version the scores would get messed up--and again this can be abused--so we count this as a loss.

Additional Rules

- The timer should be ignored. We must not take ball in hand if the opponent runs out of time. Either wait out the timer back, or if the situation allows, tap the white quickly with lowest possible power. If you are unsure, just let your timer run out.

- With disconnections or errors, you must discuss with your opponent if there was a 'strong favourite' to win the rack, or whether it should be replayed. If a player was about to win the rack, they should be awarded the rack. If a player leaves or gets an error when he is completely out of position with an easy clearance left for his opponent, the rack should go to his opponent. If the error occurs when only a few shots have been played, or if there is no clear winner, you should just replay the rack with the player that was on the table breaking. You should agree on the score before continuing.

(Copied from ODT's forum)

Indi:

I have copied the rules from this post by *!!_The Best_!!

1. The break may be done by any method you choose since by nature, it is impossible to make a direct pocket from the break.

2. Banking:

(a) All banks are accepted (See video for guidance)

3. Caroms are any action that causes the following:

(a) The cue ball changes direction by deflecting off of another ball in order to strike a ball that is then potted.

(b) The object ball after being struck by the cue ball then strikes another ball and changes direction to enter a pocket or cause another ball to enter the pocket.

(c) Caroms can be done using any balls on the table as long as first contact is made legally with one of your object balls.

4. Combination shots - using any combination of balls to ultimately pocket one of your balls. Again, first contact must be made with one of your object balls.

5. All shots should be made with the intent to pocket a particular ball in a particular pocket. In other words, you always have to show the pocket you want to pot your ball in!

(a) If you miss your intended shot and another ball of yours drops somewhere else, this is a fluke and you have to slightly tap the cue and pass your turn back to the opponent, then click 'Good luck'.

6. If in your attempts, you make a shot directly in without your ball hitting a rail 1st, that is considered an illegal shot.

7. After a scratch - also known as potting the cue ball.
    The incoming player has to play the cueball only from within
    the area that you break from.

(a) You cannot make first contact with any ball that is located within the area that is behind the break line unless you make the cue ball cross the foul line 1st before making any contact with a ball that is behind the break line.

8. If the time runs out on your opponents shot clock, you must return the cue ball back. The player receiving the ball back must play it from that same position.

9. Disconnect Rule - No matter how long of a race you're playing against your opponent, number of allowed dc-s is 2 and not more. If your opponent is on the black while you get dc, you lose that frame. If you have a 3rd dc while playing, you lose all games. This rule is to stop players from 'leaving' mid game, if they're behind... It's a harsh rule we expect discretion and common sense from players.

I have eliminated the kitchen-rule. If Push Out -rule in 9 ball feels difficult, it is easy to ignore.
    I've asked Aurora to join my team, she has said she might not find the time.
    So I'm asking those registered, ...She puts a lot of effort into these things for our enjoyment, I'm sure we can make the time for her to play, (it's not like we have better things to do hehe)...and if in the unlikely event she can't, then I'll look for a substitute.

So the fossils are me, ACB & Aurora
    So I'm asking those registered, ...She puts a lot of effort into these things for our enjoyment, I'm sure we can make the time for her to play, (it's not like we have better things to do hehe)...and if in the unlikely event she can't, then I'll look for a substitute.

Thanks, Paul, for giving my age away so discreetly. ;) Ok, I will play with you.

Warning to you all at this point though, this tourney is not a quick one. It will last as long as it has to. With many teams we need more time to finish all games. I will be absent myself for a while. We should get the game schedule finished before that and I sincerely hope that we are all capable of playing our games without any hassle.
    *Aurora* wrote: »

Thanks, Paul, for giving my age away so discreetly. ;) Ok, I will play with you.

Warning to you all at this point though, this tourney is not a quick one. It will last as long as it has to. With many teams we need more time to finish all games. I will be absent myself for a while. We should get the game schedule finished before that and I sincerely hope that we are all capable of playing our games without any hassle.

I never told everyone you are only 22 ....whoops
    edited July 2016
    *Aurora* wrote: »

correction ... isn't it ? ... and the team name is Fossil
    @Paulb228
    (forum glitch is back, but a newer one ... this time (type) @any spelling is following the blinking cursor)
    Me, you n missy A as team fossil or we could be "the argumentors"
  • The_Stiinger!The_Stiinger! Posts: 1,103 Pool Champion
    In:
    The_Stiinger! ( Direct PC+Mobile )
    Zaeem aslam ( 9 ball PC )
    Fureee ( indirect mobile ).

I'll provide our team name later by editing my post or by a pm to you Aurora
    In:
    The_Stiinger! ( Direct PC+Mobile )
    Zaeem aslam ( 9 ball PC )
    Fureee ( indirect mobile ).

I'll provide our team name later by editing my post or by a pm to you Aurora

Ok. Thanks for joining!
  • Poony TungPoony Tung Posts: 87 Pool Player
    @Nanny Ogg are you interested?