Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Summer 2016 Team Tourney [Tourney is finished. Congratz Dark Wave!]

Comments

• *Aurora**Aurora* Join the N0V8MB8R League!Posts: 6,236 Pool Forum VIP
    These are the teams:

0Euljjk.png

And these are the slots I need to fill with your players and details:

6OTTuAa.png
  • AdamTryTheApplesAdamTryTheApples Posts: 1,509 Pool Champion
    When OCD start to kickin' prnt.sc/bp8ea3
  • Dalton ModeratorDalton Moderator Forum Moderator Los Angeles, CAPosts: 6,899 mod
    I apologize on behalf of our little friend earlier - he's going to take a little break. :) I have removed all of the posts so you guys can (peacefully) continue you're tournament.

@*Aurora* Thanks for coordinating this for everyone. Looks great. :)
  • killum!natikillum!nati Time discovers truthPosts: 1,340 Pool Champion
    Dalton wrote: »
    I apologize on behalf of our little friend earlier - he's going to take a little break. :) I have removed all of the posts so you guys can (peacefully) continue you're tournament.

Thanks dalton :)
  • 10k             10k Posts: 1,709 Pool Champion

Thank you dalton
  • WhitWhit Posts: 368 Pool Pro
    edited July 2016
    not sure if i missed it all but i was away to visit my sick grandmother.. i will be online most of the day throughout the week... if someone could help fill me in :)

i don't believe i have missed anything

Thanks, Dalton. He was becoming a nuisance.
    not sure if i missed it all but i was away to visit my sick grandmother.. i will be online most of the day throughout the week... if someone could help fill me in :)

i don't believe i have missed anything

You haven't missed anything yet. The team captains should be pairing opponents now.

I have received some questions regarding this tournament. Hopefully I have explained things well enough so that you can plan the game schedule.

Answers to FAQ:
    1. F-A-S means the force-aim-spin values for the cue you chose to play. DIF means how much the cue value affects the points. If all those F-A-S values go over 3, then your DIF will be -3. It can be a number between 0 to -3. This is deducted from your team scores.

I'm aware that this may give a huge advantage to the opponent, if he uses 3-3-3 cue or less, especially in indi, where the race is only to 5. However, if both players use high-value cues, the score is not affected. Let's see how this works in this tournament now.
    2. Captains deal the games between their teams in pm's. Two teams have to get all three players in both teams paired, so that all players in each team play once against someone in the other team.
    3. AFTER both team captains have agreed how their teams play against each other, either one of them sends the game list to me.
    I hope you can get the lists done soon, because I'm not able to edit the tables next week. If I can get the game schedule finished before the weekend, then you can start playing. Otherwise there will be a longer break.
  • Paulb228Paulb228 Posts: 5,872 Pool Forum VIP
    Any team captains...
    Please pm me, so we can sort out our teams fixtures and get the ball rolling ( or not if you play as poorly as me hehe)
    Fossils v death squad as agreed with cutthroat
    cut v acb (INDI - PC) rt 5
    atta v aurora (9B - PC) rt 7
    Paul v nic (8B-Mob) rt 9

Keep your cue below a 3, so you don't give points to your opponents.

Cheers man.
    The guy was being abusive to individuals too, o their walls and pm' s
    Thanks again
    Any captain here? I'm free for arrange my team matches. :)

Just sent you a,pm
    Here we have the first team pairing done between Death Squad and Fossils. The scores are tallied beside each team name. Keep them coming!

YqU1uFf.png
    Fossils v dark ravens as agreed between myself and the batman.
    jinks v aurora 9 ball PC
    Barman v ACB 8 ball PC
    10k v paulb indi mobile.

Players please pm your opponent to arrange your game and post results here and to aurora.
    Remember to keep your cue under 333 to avoid giving points away.
    Good luck guys n girls
    Important about cues!

The cue can be picked separately for each game. If both opponents rather use high-value cues, this will not affect the team score. I've changed the way this is calculated. Only the difference counts, and adds to your opponent's team score, it will not deduct points from your team.

Here's an example how cues can be picked and what is the affect:

NimAn9R.png

Remember to always read first post in this thread to see the latest additions!
  • AdamTryTheApplesAdamTryTheApples Posts: 1,509 Pool Champion
    @Aurora I will be using Easter cue 3-3-3
  • Nicolai MohammedNicolai Mohammed Trinidad & TobagoPosts: 1,552 Pool Champion
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    Important about cues!

The cue can be picked separately for each game. If both opponents rather use high-value cues, this will not affect the team score. I've changed the way this is calculated. Only the difference counts, and adds to your opponent's team score, it will not deduct points from your team.

NimAn9R.png

So I'm playing someone on mobile and both of us uses our legendary cues. there will be no difference or addition am I right?
  • Aurora all my team members (including me) will be using festive cues 3-3-3
  • AgentCueballAgentCueball Posts: 9,722
    edited July 2016
    @*Aurora* ... I can not read or understand how to use that tournament format clearly ... except that VS and do I really have to use Lightning Cue ? I can do 333 cue or match with my opponent's cue or lesser to get more points ?

since I can read what @Paulb228 wrote ...
    ... @The Batman!! ... when do you want to do this ? which cues ? which game format ?

I am confused now ... I thought that my opponent is Batman ... but you showed -Cutthroat-
    edited July 2016
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    Important about cues!

NimAn9R.png

So I'm playing someone on mobile and both of us uses our legendary cues. there will be no difference or addition am I right?

That is correct. :)
    Aurora all my team members (including me) will be using festive cues 3-3-3

Thanks. :)
    @*Aurora* ... I can not read or understand how to use that tournament format clearly ... except that VS and do I really have to use Lightning Cue ? I can do 333 cue or match with my opponent's cue or lesser to get more points ?

... @The Batman!! ... when do you want to do this ? which cues ? which game format ?

I am confused now ... I thought that my opponent is Batman ... but you showed -Cutthroat-

There is another game, you play against Batman. Look in the first post of this thread.

Fossils v death squad as agreed with cutthroat
    cut v acb (INDI - PC) rt 5
    atta v aurora (9B - PC) rt 7
    Paul v nic (8B-Mob) rt 9

Fossils v dark ravens as agreed between myself and the batman.
    jinks v aurora 9 ball PC
    Batman v ACB 8 ball PC
    10k v paulb indi mobile

Hope this clears the confusion,
    Good luck fellow fossil