Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

If you had one hour.....

2456

Comments

  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,631 Pool Forum VIP
    edited July 2016
    Paulb228 wrote: »
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    God.....

    I have a lot of questions for that dude..... :*

    But what if I'm right and he doesn't exist. Then you have wasted this one hour gift

    I guess it all comes down to what the definition of God is.....

    I personally am absolutely convinced that there are life forms in our vast universe that have capabilities and technical advancements that far exceed anything we can possibly imagine....to many, they would/could be considered gods.....especially to the early primitive humans....

    After all, to a fish in an aquarium, we are gods I am sure....without us, they would soon die..... :D
  • Paulb228Paulb228 Posts: 5,872 Pool Forum VIP
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    Paulb228 wrote: »
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    God.....

    I have a lot of questions for that dude..... :*

    But what if I'm right and he doesn't exist. Then you have wasted this one hour gift

    I guess it all comes down to what the definition of God is.....

    I personally am absolutely convinced that there are life forms in our vast universe that have capabilities and technical advancements that far exceed anything we can possibly imagine....to many, they would/could be considered gods.....especially to the early primitive humans....

    After all, to a fish in an aquarium, we are gods I am sure....without us, they would soon die..... :D

    Fair point.
    In that context I agree.

    But in terms of the universe, I believe we are the most advanced thing .....
    We could go all Carl Sagan on this
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,631 Pool Forum VIP
    edited July 2016
    Paulb228 wrote: »

    But in terms of the universe, I believe we are the most advanced thing .....
    We could go all Carl Sagan on this


    Carl was a cool dude man.....I loved his show Cosmos.....the remake attempt with that Neil deGrasse Tyson was a flop IMO......after all, he is guilty of helping to downgrade Pluto from planetary status.... :s ....

    Me no likey that decision..... :D


    So just to bring this back to on topic, I will make Carl Sagan my choice of an actual known person...... ;) as good as many others I guess....lol....he had a cool voice.... B)
  • Paulb228Paulb228 Posts: 5,872 Pool Forum VIP
    edited July 2016
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    Paulb228 wrote: »

    But in terms of the universe, I believe we are the most advanced thing .....
    We could go all Carl Sagan on this


    Carl was a cool dude man.....I loved his show Cosmos.....the remake attempt with that Neil deGrasse Tyson was a flop IMO......after all, he is guilty of helping to downgrade Pluto from planetary status.... :s ....

    Me no likey that decision..... :D


    So just to bring this back to on topic, I will make Carl Sagan my choice of an actual known person...... ;) as good as many others I guess....lol....he had a cool voice.... B)

    I was gripped by Carl's series about the cosmos.
    He made me think about the universe differently.
    Have you seen any of the stuff by Dr Brian C.o.x. He makes the universe understandable
  • SilentR4ySilentR4y Machismo Town Posts: 2,460 Pool Champion
    .
    Paulb228 wrote: »
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    Paulb228 wrote: »
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    God.....

    I have a lot of questions for that dude..... :*

    But what if I'm right and he doesn't exist. Then you have wasted this one hour gift

    I guess it all comes down to what the definition of God is.....

    I personally am absolutely convinced that there are life forms in our vast universe that have capabilities and technical advancements that far exceed anything we can possibly imagine....to many, they would/could be considered gods.....especially to the early primitive humans....

    After all, to a fish in an aquarium, we are gods I am sure....without us, they would soon die..... :D

    Fair point.
    In that context I agree.

    But in terms of the universe, I believe we are the most advanced thing .....
    We could go all Carl Sagan on this

    I thought atheists don't believe, aren't the fact that universe so huge means there probably exist some advanced life? Our solar system is not the oldest one even in our galaxy, so the chances that we are not the only ones who can think rationally is pretty high, don't you think Andromeda have it's own analog of sun and earth along with humans, i'd say it's probable.
  • zip11737azip11737a Posts: 1,612 Pool Champion
    edited July 2016
    Paul, odd that you mention Nov. 22 1963. That day took the starch out of me. It was also my 14th BB. And a great shame fell on all Texans. As a kid even then I could not believe the guilty party was not immediately caught. However, and let's not have another go at it. I believe in a **** and Heaven. I do not want to meet Oswald, he may not be where I am going.
  • Paulb228Paulb228 Posts: 5,872 Pool Forum VIP
    SilentR4y wrote: »
    .
    Paulb228 wrote: »
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    Paulb228 wrote: »
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    God.....

    I have a lot of questions for that dude..... :*

    But what if I'm right and he doesn't exist. Then you have wasted this one hour gift

    I guess it all comes down to what the definition of God is.....

    I personally am absolutely convinced that there are life forms in our vast universe that have capabilities and technical advancements that far exceed anything we can possibly imagine....to many, they would/could be considered gods.....especially to the early primitive humans....

    After all, to a fish in an aquarium, we are gods I am sure....without us, they would soon die..... :D

    Fair point.
    In that context I agree.

    But in terms of the universe, I believe we are the most advanced thing .....
    We could go all Carl Sagan on this

    I thought atheists don't believe, aren't the fact that universe so huge means there probably exist some advanced life? Our solar system is not the oldest one even in our galaxy, so the chances that we are not the only ones who can think rationally is pretty high, don't you think Andromeda have it's own analog of sun and earth along with humans, i'd say it's probable.

    You are right, atheists don't believe...where did I say I believe in God.
    You are a master at reading stuff out of context or only reading the first two lines of any post and immediately going for the keyboard.
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,631 Pool Forum VIP
    edited July 2016
    @Paulb228 I have indeed heard and seen Dr. C.o.x. ....(His actual name does not have those periods folks....the sytem makes us put them in there....censored one might say.....his name may be confused with something else I guess.... :* )....

    He is excellent at explaining complex things to simple folk like me..... ;)

    I would not mind talking with him for an hour or so either.... :)
  • Paulb228Paulb228 Posts: 5,872 Pool Forum VIP
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    @Paulb228 I have indeed heard and seen Dr. C.o.x. ....(His actual name does not have those periods folks....the sytem makes us put them in there....censored one might say.....his name may be confused with something else I guess.... :* )....

    He is excellent at explaining complex things to simple folk like me..... ;)

    I would not mind talking with him for an hour or so either.... :)

    +1
  • Muhammad (S.A.W)
  • zip11737azip11737a Posts: 1,612 Pool Champion
    In defense, of Sunidhifan if he is wrong he wasted nothing after all in an hour it would not matter. If he is correct others have wasted a lifetime that can not be changed.
  • Paulb228Paulb228 Posts: 5,872 Pool Forum VIP
    zip11737a wrote: »
    Paul, odd that you mention Nov. 22 1963. That day took the starch out of me. It was also my 14th BB. And a great shame fell on all Texans. As a kid even then I could not believe the guilty party was not immediately caught. However, and let's not have another go at it. I believe in a **** and Heaven. I do not want to meet Oswald, he may not be where I am going.

    I've done a fair bIt of research on the death of JFK. Hence the ref to the date and the Italian rifle he alleged to have used.
    I firmly believe Oswald was a stooge.
    I'm convinced JFK was meant to be shot by the cia, they missed, but a bodyguard in the second car accidentally let off a round and shot him.
    So his assassination was planned, but his death was an accident.
    Either way, the cia got what they wanted.

    Just read that back and I hope it makes sense. I'm not getting across what I want to say imo
  • Loulou1025177aLoulou1025177a Posts: 461 Pool Pro
    Wow!
    It was just a simple question
    I'm sorry I brought this topic up,
    Way too many intellectuals here.
  • SilentR4ySilentR4y Machismo Town Posts: 2,460 Pool Champion
    Paulb228 wrote: »
    SilentR4y wrote: »
    .
    Paulb228 wrote: »
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    Paulb228 wrote: »
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    God.....

    I have a lot of questions for that dude..... :*

    But what if I'm right and he doesn't exist. Then you have wasted this one hour gift

    I guess it all comes down to what the definition of God is.....

    I personally am absolutely convinced that there are life forms in our vast universe that have capabilities and technical advancements that far exceed anything we can possibly imagine....to many, they would/could be considered gods.....especially to the early primitive humans....

    After all, to a fish in an aquarium, we are gods I am sure....without us, they would soon die..... :D

    Fair point.
    In that context I agree.

    But in terms of the universe, I believe we are the most advanced thing .....
    We could go all Carl Sagan on this

    I thought atheists don't believe, aren't the fact that universe so huge means there probably exist some advanced life? Our solar system is not the oldest one even in our galaxy, so the chances that we are not the only ones who can think rationally is pretty high, don't you think Andromeda have it's own analog of sun and earth along with humans, i'd say it's probable.

    You are right, atheists don't believe...where did I say I believe in God.
    You are a master at reading stuff out of context or only reading the first two lines of any post and immediately going for the keyboard.

    sunid: I personally am absolutely convinced that there are life forms in our vast universe that have capabilities and technical advancements that far exceed anything we can possibly imagine....to many, they would/could be considered gods.....especially to the early primitive humans....

    you: But in terms of the universe, I believe we are the most advanced thing .....

    care to explain how is this quote out of context?
  • Paulb228Paulb228 Posts: 5,872 Pool Forum VIP
    zip11737a wrote: »
    In defense, of Sunidhifan if he is wrong he wasted nothing after all in an hour it would not matter. If he is correct others have wasted a lifetime that can not be changed.

    Again, I can't disagree with that as a statement of fact.
  • wafflepiratewafflepirate ring rash roadPosts: 635 Pool Expert
    i wud have a smoke.....with my fave ;)
  • !*Ruhanika*! !*Ruhanika*! Posts: 371 Pool Pro
    my mother :(
    i want to talk to her
    where are you mummy i love you :'(
    i miss her
  • The_Stiinger!The_Stiinger! Posts: 1,103 Pool Champion
    I respect your opinions everybody...

    But I'm just giving my thought that there is a God...
    If i say that you gotta grow a mango, but you don't have a mango on this planet grown ever before,, means no seed,, and no scientific method can be done to a mango tree or a mango to grow one without having one.. ever!
    Create means to create something from nothing,, not making something which already is created ,, can any scientist can create a bee, fly, or an ant? From nothing ,,, you don't have the choice of cloning, or any technique whatsoever..

    Ask any scientist how you gonna create earth? He say I'll take cosmic dust..
    Why take cosmic dust? Make your own cosmic dust,, you're creating something from a matter which already exists,, remember can you create something from nothing?

    I believe that little knowledge of science makes you an atheist but more scientific knowledge makes you believe in God..

    Jus my opinion though..

  • Paulb228Paulb228 Posts: 5,872 Pool Forum VIP
    SilentR4y wrote: »
    Paulb228 wrote: »
    SilentR4y wrote: »
    .
    Paulb228 wrote: »
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    Paulb228 wrote: »
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    God.....

    I have a lot of questions for that dude..... :*

    But what if I'm right and he doesn't exist. Then you have wasted this one hour gift

    I guess it all comes down to what the definition of God is.....

    I personally am absolutely convinced that there are life forms in our vast universe that have capabilities and technical advancements that far exceed anything we can possibly imagine....to many, they would/could be considered gods.....especially to the early primitive humans....

    After all, to a fish in an aquarium, we are gods I am sure....without us, they would soon die..... :D

    Fair point.
    In that context I agree.

    But in terms of the universe, I believe we are the most advanced thing .....
    We could go all Carl Sagan on this

    I thought atheists don't believe, aren't the fact that universe so huge means there probably exist some advanced life? Our solar system is not the oldest one even in our galaxy, so the chances that we are not the only ones who can think rationally is pretty high, don't you think Andromeda have it's own analog of sun and earth along with humans, i'd say it's probable.

    You are right, atheists don't believe...where did I say I believe in God.
    You are a master at reading stuff out of context or only reading the first two lines of any post and immediately going for the keyboard.

    sunid: I personally am absolutely convinced that there are life forms in our vast universe that have capabilities and technical advancements that far exceed anything we can possibly imagine....to many, they would/could be considered gods.....especially to the early primitive humans....

    you: But in terms of the universe, I believe we are the most advanced thing .....

    care to explain how is this quote out of context?

    And where does it say I believe in a God.
    Just because Sunid believes in a higher intellectual being somewhere out there. That doesn't make this being a God.
    And to say "God like" is the same as a God is showing great disrespect to all those who believe in a God.
    Sunid's example of fish in a tank was a great one to emphasise how we could perceive a higher being ( if one exists) as God.
    But even he would agree, that doesn't make them a God. Otherwise people like Joey Essex, Wayne Rooney and ( insert any thick persons name here) would be bowing to the likes of Steven hawking.
  • *Aurora**Aurora* Posts: 6,555 Pool Forum VIP
    Paulb228 wrote: »
    SilentR4y wrote: »
    Paulb228 wrote: »
    SilentR4y wrote: »
    .
    Paulb228 wrote: »
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    Paulb228 wrote: »
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    God.....

    I have a lot of questions for that dude..... :*

    But what if I'm right and he doesn't exist. Then you have wasted this one hour gift

    I guess it all comes down to what the definition of God is.....

    I personally am absolutely convinced that there are life forms in our vast universe that have capabilities and technical advancements that far exceed anything we can possibly imagine....to many, they would/could be considered gods.....especially to the early primitive humans....

    After all, to a fish in an aquarium, we are gods I am sure....without us, they would soon die..... :D

    Fair point.
    In that context I agree.

    But in terms of the universe, I believe we are the most advanced thing .....
    We could go all Carl Sagan on this

    I thought atheists don't believe, aren't the fact that universe so huge means there probably exist some advanced life? Our solar system is not the oldest one even in our galaxy, so the chances that we are not the only ones who can think rationally is pretty high, don't you think Andromeda have it's own analog of sun and earth along with humans, i'd say it's probable.

    You are right, atheists don't believe...where did I say I believe in God.
    You are a master at reading stuff out of context or only reading the first two lines of any post and immediately going for the keyboard.

    sunid: I personally am absolutely convinced that there are life forms in our vast universe that have capabilities and technical advancements that far exceed anything we can possibly imagine....to many, they would/could be considered gods.....especially to the early primitive humans....

    you: But in terms of the universe, I believe we are the most advanced thing .....

    care to explain how is this quote out of context?

    And where does it say I believe in a God.
    Just because Sunid believes in a higher intellectual being somewhere out there. That doesn't make this being a God.
    And to say "God like" is the same as a God is showing great disrespect to all those who believe in a God.
    Sunid's example of fish in a tank was a great one to emphasise how we could perceive a higher being ( if one exists) as God.
    But even he would agree, that doesn't make them a God. Otherwise people like Joey Essex, Wayne Rooney and ( insert any thick persons name here) would be bowing to the likes of Steven hawking.

    Do you mean Stephen Hawking keeps Essex, Rooney and likes in a fish tank? :o
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online27

Carlos Tales
Carlos Tales
G11gaming
G11gaming
Parveen Sultana
Parveen Sultana
UnEquiVocaL EnD
UnEquiVocaL EnD
Unleash The Fury
Unleash The Fury
Zanna136
Zanna136
ZX 10 R
ZX 10 R
+20 Guests