Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

If you had one hour.....

Comments

• Paulb228Paulb228 Posts: 5,872 Pool Forum VIP
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    Paulb228 wrote: »
    SilentR4y wrote: »
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    God.....

I have a lot of questions for that dude..... :*

But what if I'm right and he doesn't exist. Then you have wasted this one hour gift

I guess it all comes down to what the definition of God is.....

I personally am absolutely convinced that there are life forms in our vast universe that have capabilities and technical advancements that far exceed anything we can possibly imagine....to many, they would/could be considered gods.....especially to the early primitive humans....

After all, to a fish in an aquarium, we are gods I am sure....without us, they would soon die..... :D

Fair point.
    In that context I agree.

But in terms of the universe, I believe we are the most advanced thing .....
    We could go all Carl Sagan on this

I thought atheists don't believe, aren't the fact that universe so huge means there probably exist some advanced life? Our solar system is not the oldest one even in our galaxy, so the chances that we are not the only ones who can think rationally is pretty high, don't you think Andromeda have it's own analog of sun and earth along with humans, i'd say it's probable.

You are right, atheists don't believe...where did I say I believe in God.
    You are a master at reading stuff out of context or only reading the first two lines of any post and immediately going for the keyboard.

sunid: I personally am absolutely convinced that there are life forms in our vast universe that have capabilities and technical advancements that far exceed anything we can possibly imagine....to many, they would/could be considered gods.....especially to the early primitive humans....

you: But in terms of the universe, I believe we are the most advanced thing .....

care to explain how is this quote out of context?

And where does it say I believe in a God.
    Just because Sunid believes in a higher intellectual being somewhere out there. That doesn't make this being a God.
    And to say "God like" is the same as a God is showing great disrespect to all those who believe in a God.
    Sunid's example of fish in a tank was a great one to emphasise how we could perceive a higher being ( if one exists) as God.
    But even he would agree, that doesn't make them a God. Otherwise people like Joey Essex, Wayne Rooney and ( insert any thick persons name here) would be bowing to the likes of Steven hawking.

Do you mean Stephen Hawking keeps Essex, Rooney and likes in a fish tank? :o

Lmao...now I would pay to see that
    edited July 2016
    I respect your opinions everybody...

But I'm just giving my thought that there is a God...
    If i say that you gotta grow a mango, but you don't have a mango on this planet grown ever before,, means no seed,, and no scientific method can be done to a mango tree or a mango to grow one without having one.. ever!
    Create means to create something from nothing,, not making something which already is created ,, can any scientist can create a bee, fly, or an ant? From nothing ,,, you don't have the choice of cloning, or any technique whatsoever..

Ask any scientist how you gonna create earth? He say I'll take cosmic dust..
    Why take cosmic dust? Make your own cosmic dust,, you're creating something from a matter which already exists,, remember can you create something from nothing?

I believe that little knowledge of science makes you an atheist but more scientific knowledge makes you believe in God..

Jus my opinion though..

Interesting viewpoint, which I respect.
    I'm not here to ridicule God believers. Far from it.
    If peoples lives are to her through belief, then it has to be a good thing.

On the science stuff. ...check out a dude called Newton. He created a few principles. One of which is, matter can not be created nor destroyed.
    And also check out a dude called Darwin, he has some theories on how we got a mango tree.
  • The_Stiinger!The_Stiinger! Posts: 1,103 Pool Champion

If i say that you gotta grow a mango, but you don't have a mango on this planet grown ever before,, means no seed,, and no scientific method can be done to a mango tree or a mango to grow one without having one.. ever!
    Create means to create something from nothing,, not making something which already is created ,, can any scientist can create a bee, fly, or an ant? From nothing ,,, you don't have the choice of cloning, or any technique whatsoever..

Why take cosmic dust? Make your own cosmic dust,, you're creating something from a matter which already exists,, remember can you create something from nothing?

I believe that little knowledge of science makes you an atheist but more scientific knowledge makes you believe in God..

Jus my opinion though..

Interesting viewpoint, which I respect.
    I'm not here to ridicule God believers. Far from it.
    If peoples lives are to her through belief, then it has to be a good thing.

On the science stuff. ...check out a dude called Newton. He created a few principles. One of which is, matter can not be created nor destroyed.
    And also check out a dude called Darwin, he has some theories on how we got a mango tree.

What I'm saying :)
    I think it is the law of conservation of mass, By Lavoisier, verificated by H. Landolt
  • God... I'd be interested to see if bible,quran or any other of any religion are actually his ''words''.
  • The Titan!!The Titan!! Posts: 1,982 Pool Champion
    edited July 2016
    1. Quaid-e-Azam
    2. My grandfather
  • SabahSabah Posts: 2,556 Pool Champion
    I wanna meet Tupac :sunglasses:
    Got a lot of questions ta ask him innih
  • killum!natikillum!nati Time discovers truthPosts: 1,384 Pool Champion
    edited July 2016

Jus my opinion though..

+1 sentiment shared
  • zip11737azip11737a Posts: 1,612 Pool Champion
    edited August 2016
    JFKs' father made promises to union leaders of support if they voted for his son. However Mr. John did not favor them at all. To say the least. From unions to commies to any agency with 3 letters to the KKK, they could have joined forces for the perfect crime. They all had reasons.
    Post edited by zip11737a on
    zip11737a wrote: »
    JFKs' father made promises to union leaders of support if they voted for his son. However Mr. John did not favor them at all. To say the least. From unions to commies to any agency with 3 letters to the KKK, they could have joined forces for the perfect assignation.

It's also reputed that the Kennedy's had Marilyn Monroe bumped off
  • *Aurora**Aurora* Posts: 6,555 Pool Forum VIP
    JFKs' father made promises to union leaders of support if they voted for his son. However Mr. John did not favor them at all. To say the least. From unions to commies to any agency with 3 letters to the KKK, they could have joined forces for the perfect assignation.

I've also heard that Marilyn had around 9 abortions.

I've also heard that Marilyn had around 9 abortions.

She was also a size 16,
  • bob1955bob1955 Posts: 414 Pool Pro
    Why is it that 75% of the conversations here always comes back to politics or religion?

Now back to the TOPIC: My dad
    edited August 2016
    bob1955 wrote: »
    Why is it that 75% of the conversations here always comes back to politics or religion?

Really? I thought s.e.x.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Batty Old BagPosts: 10,002 Pool Forum VIP

Really? I thought s.e.x.

An hour ? You'll be lucky hun, after 10 minutes they roll over and start snoring LOL
    Well, this one time....at band camp
  • bob1955bob1955 Posts: 414 Pool Pro

Nanny Ogg wrote: »

Really? I thought s.e.x.

An hour ? You'll be lucky hun, after 10 minutes they roll over and start snoring LOL
    Not this guy Nanny, trust me, LOL

Really? I thought s.e.x.

Really? I thought s.e.x.

Really? I thought s.e.x.

Not this guy Nanny, trust me, LOL

This proves me right.
  • SilentR4ySilentR4y Machismo Town Posts: 2,460 Pool Champion
    7/29/2016
    I would met mr.Donald Trump and tell him about my wonderful nuke solution of ISIS

8/3/2016
    Trump asks why US can't use nukes

If I had one hour, I would meet anyone and give them...

5270166802_1aba80c691.jpg