Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

I think someone's discovered a cheat - and I can prove it (sorta!)

Christopher BurkeChristopher Burke Posts: 11 Pool Player
It's just this has happened to me a few times now. Example One. Black on side cushion. White touching black but in front of black so white, black, cushion are all in a straight line in front of you. So no way to sink the black not counting some kind of double. We're both on the black. Suddenly the screen jumps, the cueball's magically in a MUCH more advantageous position for the other guy and he casually sinks the black as if he'd been setup all along.

Example Two. I'm on black. I sink black. There's a L-O-O-O-N-G pause - then black is either mysteriously back on table or he gets the game even though I've just legit. sunk the black!

Example Three. Lots of balls on the table. I'm all lined up on (say) the next three shots. I take a shot and sink a ball. There's another L-O-O-O-N-G pause - and all the balls on the table 'jump' to different positions, far more advantageous to the other guy. Even though I've just sunk a ball it's somehow the other guy's shot - and he cleans up or sinks a bunch of balls when it shouldn't even have been his turn.

What's going on? Like... I have one of the above happen to me about every six-seven games. Not that it matters THAT much cos I'm not very good anyway but I don't see how they're doing it. (No, I wouldn't do it if I knew how, I'm not a cheat!)

Yours puzzledly

Chris.

Comments

• 10k             10k Posts: 1,709 Pool Champion
    It's just this has happened to me a few times now. Example One. Black on side cushion. White touching black but in front of black so white, black, cushion are all in a straight line in front of you. So no way to sink the black not counting some kind of double. We're both on the black. Suddenly the screen jumps, the cueball's magically in a MUCH more advantageous position for the other guy and he casually sinks the black as if he'd been setup all along.

Example Two. I'm on black. I sink black. There's a L-O-O-O-N-G pause - then black is either mysteriously back on table or he gets the game even though I've just legit. sunk the black!

Example Three. Lots of balls on the table. I'm all lined up on (say) the next three shots. I take a shot and sink a ball. There's another L-O-O-O-N-G pause - and all the balls on the table 'jump' to different positions, far more advantageous to the other guy. Even though I've just sunk a ball it's somehow the other guy's shot - and he cleans up or sinks a bunch of balls when it shouldn't even have been his turn.

What's going on? Like... I have one of the above happen to me about every six-seven games. Not that it matters THAT much cos I'm not very good anyway but I don't see how they're doing it. (No, I wouldn't do it if I knew how, I'm not a cheat!)

Yours puzzledly

Chris.

So whats the point of this to let other people know? Other people might start using it. I would pm a mld or admin, this discussion might get removed
  • Ryan CawdorRyan Cawdor Posts: 276 Pool Pro
    He didn't say anything revealing. Just reported bugs. And they are bugs because everyone has experienced them.
  • 10k             10k Posts: 1,709 Pool Champion
    He didn't say anything revealing. Just reported bugs. And they are bugs because everyone has experienced them.

Im just saying i posted something like this and it wa removed, even if he doesnt reveal it it gives people the idea of using it
  • AlisaNTonikAlisaNTonik Forum Moderator BiHPosts: 1,560 mod
    Hello @Christopher Burke ,

If you think someone is using a third-party modification or suspicious behavior,please submit a request through our Customer Support :

https://miniclip.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

With the following :

-Cheater Report

-Details on what happened during the game play

-An unedited Full Screen screenshot of the opponent's in game profile.
  • omgsunomgsun Posts: 2,239 Pool Champion
    Effective prewritten posts
  • Pa11Ma11Pa11Ma11 Posts: 7 Pool Player
    This happens to me a lot. Is this a cheat or a glitch? I can't find much about it on the forums.
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,030 Pool Forum VIP
    edited August 1
    Pa11Ma11 wrote: »
    This happens to me a lot. Is this a cheat or a glitch? I can't find much about it on the forums.

Hello and welcome to the forum.... :)

This is the thread you are looking for:

http://www.miniclip.com/social/8-ball-pool/forum/en/#/discussion/26431/hackers-glitchers-in-pc-version-of-game

Not that it will help you all that much....but it is a known issue and open to debate as to whether it is a glitch or possible nefarious activity....

X5lbOom.gif
    Post edited by Sunidhifan on
  • Pa11Ma11Pa11Ma11 Posts: 7 Pool Player
    Thanks.
    Nothing to do then but suck it up. Even if I get a screenshop of their profile Miniclip won't do anything just on my word that they might have cheated
  • OgbeOgbe Posts: 2 New Member
    That's correct. It has happened to me several times - I can't seem to win any of d games, even when I am leading in the game. It's not so fair!
  • Me-O-U-NotMe-O-U-Not Posts: 8 Pool Player
    This is not a "cheat"... This is most likely related to your connection speed. The cue ball being rearranged in a more favorable position is simply due to your missed shot and him having "ball in hand".

As for having "all the balls on the table 'jump' to different positions, far more advantageous to the other guy", I have not ever seen this before, but judging by the length of the "long pauses" I have experienced, even if this was a "cheat", those pauses aren't sufficient to be able to rearrange each ball to different positions that are "far more advangageous"....

Pa11Ma11 wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Nothing to do then but suck it up. Even if I get a screenshop of their profile Miniclip won't do anything just on my word that they might have cheated

A screenshot would not help, but you can record what is happening on screen then forward that to MiniClip. That would provide them with enough information to go on!

Ogbe wrote: »
    That's correct. It has happened to me several times - I can't seem to win any of d games, even when I am leading in the game. It's not so fair!

If it has happened to you "several" times but you can't win "any" of the games, then you've got issues that aren't related to cheats...