Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Nannys' Ranting... You can too !

Comments

• The ScobesterThe Scobester Posts: 2,217 Pool Champion
    nice stats scobester2' good luck keeping them :)

Thanks mate. :)
  • *Aurora**Aurora* youtoo?Posts: 6,045 Pool Forum VIP
    I don't really play this game much.
  • Deimos666Deimos666 Posts: 442 Pool Pro
    edited September 2016
    Oh good, at least I'm not the only one losing as of late. :D

I also thought of the people that come crying over the game being rigged as well, haha. :)

I'm just going to blame it on not playing for a couple weeks, but really though, it seems like I'm making WAY more mistakes than usual, lol. Perhaps it's time to stop playing for a while again as it sure can be frustrating... :s :D
  • Alan CarlsonAlan Carlson Posts: 421 Pool Pro
    If I stay in my comfort zone and avoid jumping up to higher tiers when I am losing, I usually turn the losing streak around, recover the coins that I have been losing and then move ahead a bit at a time. Recently I have been mostly winning at the Jakarta tier, but I try to play in the lower Vegas tier where I can sometimes win almost 70% of the games. I had a losing streak though earlier where I dropped about 7 of 8, mostly in Jakarta, and then avoiding the impulse to move up to Shangai, where I have been lucky recently, I fought back in the Jakarta tier and won the lost coins back and finished a couple of games above 50% for the evening. As a result, my win percentage between level 148 and level 149 dropped from 64% to 62% in a total of 232 games so far, but I at least made some progress in experience pts and am now at about 80% of the way to 149.ebwasz5ogv4q.jpg
  • Al, just a question. What means more to you, your level or your stats>?
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,019 Pool Forum VIP
    edited September 2016
    I know just how you feel @Nanny Ogg .....

I tried to get into the Betty Ford Addiction Treatment Center (Our version of Castle Craig Hospital....lol) for my addiction to this game.....but alas, thet do not have a program for online pool games yet...... :(

Guess I shall just have to accept the fact hat I am hopelessly addicted.... :# ...on good days or bad.... :*
  • fandango5000fandango5000 Posts: 93
    edited September 2016
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    I know just how you feel @Nanny Ogg .....

I tried to get into the Betty Ford Addiction Treatment Center (Our version of Castle Craig Hospital....lol) for my addiction to this game.....but alas, thet do not have a program for online pool games yet...... :(

Guess I shall just have to accept the fact hat I am hopelessly addicted.... :# ...on good days or bad.... :*

Lol Sunid, listen to your elder.: Put the lime in the coconut and call me in the morning. Waves cheers and hello ! B)
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Member of the Year 2016Posts: 9,090 Pool Forum VIP
    LOL is this thread still alive ? Since I had a dam good moan I've been winning again LOL
    And I didn't take a break like I was advised ( and as I also advise others ), I gritted my false teeth, pulled up my support stockings, tightened up the corset 'til I couldn't breathe, polished the glass eye, waxed the wooden leg and worked my way through it LOL
  • Humm, I told ya she flys a wicked broom. :D
  • <<<munches on dirty lasagna
  • fandango5000fandango5000 Posts: 93
    edited September 2016
    I wonder how you run a broom off the road
  • Obviously me programing your Simms character worked..*snickers* :D
    I shouldn't have bought that game tbh, it is totally boring LOL
  • Alan CarlsonAlan Carlson Posts: 421 Pool Pro
    Al, just a question. What means more to you, your level or your stats>?

I have become interested in following my stats while I am more or less stuck at a certain level. Since it takes so many experience pts to move to higher levels as you move above 120, I usually try to track my stats as a form of being patient about the fact that it now takes at least a week to move up, and often two or three weeks are necessary for me to see any change in the level. In the meantime, like driving on a monotonous road, a player has to sustain their interest by checking out the scenery or whatever is going on around them. Of course I can listen to music while I play, but for the last 7,000 or so games I have been trying to make some observations about my opponents profile and estimate my chances of winning the game before I play. It helps to keep me focused and watching my own stats reminds me that there is more to playing than the dreary process of changing levels. If I had been luckier when I had 25 million coins, and doubled them in Bangkok tier, I might have had a different winning total and maybe I would have moved up faster, but I have been unlucky sometimes when playing in higher tiers when I may not get a shot for more than five games in a row. Just to mention that ACB remarked once that he had lost about 8 straight denials in Bangkok. That is the main reason that I try to manage my stats, and avoid trying to rush ahead. Basically I have already run into the wall of catastrophic overconfidence and would prefer to maintain a calm and rational approach as much as possible.
  • well said Alan ;)
    Just a quick question for you guys, do you think there might be a new cheat going around at the moment ?
    The only reason I ask is that I can't remember ever seeing quite so many people with under 50% win percentages playing with such uncanny precision and accuracy.
    Of course it could just be that they are better than me, but it does seem a little odd and unsettling when I am constantly seeing people playing almost perfectly in such numbers, yet when I check out some of their stats they really shouldn't be capable of playing like that.
  • Jelena LengoldJelena Lengold Posts: 62 Pool Player
    Nanny Ogg, next time you are welcome to play with me. Most of the people can beat me easily, including these with family pictures! And I don't give a ****. Strongly believe that bad luck in 8pool means good luck in love.
    (Just don't ask for more then 500 coins, since I don't have more, usually.)
    :blush: