Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Nannys' Ranting... You can too !

Comments

• Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,503 Pool Forum Veteran
    Carl Tales wrote: »
    Me too, Is she single?? <3
    Davy Dacue wrote: »
    Carl Tales wrote: »
    Me too, Is she single?? <3

Yes she used to be called Samuel but after the OP she's now known as Samantha.

Roflmao !

What a cheek ! And as for you Mr D, she is all woman thank you very much and she still has bigger balls than you do LOL
  • Davy DacueDavy Dacue To He!! and Back.Posts: 2,394 Pool Champion
    edited June 2017
  • Zanna136Zanna136 Semper ludensPosts: 2,213 Pool Champion
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    There are times when this game makes me want to punch someone.

And then there are times when it makes me want to kiss someone...

a47zafwihbp5.png

I love my alt LOL

I know the feeling... @Nanny Ogg :D :D :D
    (happy with my smaller achievement as well... o:) )

qoxy013aw23w.jpg
    edited June 2017
    Just won my first ring in the new html version and I'm not quite sure why I feel so pleased with myself tbh, but I do LOL

2fbaa6l9aaxg.png
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,353 Pool Champion
    Can't wait till we can play cross platforms. Surely this new version will make it possible soon?

Well done nan. Good luck with the next 30+ rings
    Thanks Carl, maybe someday you can kick my fat saggy bottom and join the long list of pros' that have already done so LOL

I won't ever get all the rings though, I'll never have enough coins to play on the big boys tables even if I had the balls LOL
    And Another thing !...

I don't think I can take much more of this.

In the last few days the constant losses at every level on both of my accounts have been getting on top of me.
    I've can't get over how many times I am losing 5, 6, 7 or more games in a row. This just never happens at such a consistent rate.

I don't think I have ever been this close to rage-quitting the game completely.
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 782 Pool Expert
    And Another thing !...

In the last few days the constant losses at every level on both of my accounts have been getting on top of me.
    I've can't get over how many times I am losing 5, 6, 7 or more games in a row. This just never happens at such a consistent rate.

This happens to me! Some days I just can't get a win and will lose 7-8 games but on the other hand there's some days I go on 10-18 win streaks.
    And Another thing !...

This happens to me! Some days I just can't get a win and will lose 7-8 games but on the other hand there's some days I go on 10-18 win streaks.

I decided to go play on a different companys' 8ball game and in there I have barely lost a single match in the last 2 or 3 hours LOL
    And Another thing !...

I just received an email from MC telling me about new updates and offering me a "Free Gift" !

Well guess what ? You can't claim your "Free Gift" without a Facebook account ! :s

Well hey MC, I hope you know just where you can stick your "Free Gift" ...
    4uti6go64c73.gif
    And Another Thing !...

Can someone more mathematically inclined than me please explain why it is that your win percentage goes down faster than it goes up ?
    Where is Michael Huang when you need him ? LOL
  • Carlos TalesCarlos Tales Posts: 1,353 Pool Champion
    Well that all depends on if you have a high or low win % in the first place.

So for example a player has played 100 games won 50. 50% win. If they win the next 10 their win % goes up by 4.5%. If they lose the next 10 the win% goes down by 4.5%.

But let's take a look at someone who's played 100 games but has won 80%. Now if they win the next 10 the win % only goes up by only1.8%. If they lose the next 10 it goes down by 7.3%.

If a player has won only 20% of the 100 games and wins the next 10 the win % goes up by a massive 7.3% compared to losing the next 10 where the decrease is only 1.8%

That's the best way I can think of explaining it. LOL
  • Zanna136Zanna136 Semper ludensPosts: 2,213 Pool Champion
    Percentage is always a share of full amount. So if you already have more wins than losses, their share of total games of course grows more slowly. And vice versa. Carl's numbers are good examples. :)
    edited July 2017
    I spent my entire working life working with numbers.
    Looking back now, this may not have been the best career choice for someone who has always been better with words than with maths LOL

I used to have to do speed maths in my head, no calculators allowed, with crazy figures... for example, something like ( 38 x 35 + 39 x 17 + 47 x 8 ) x 25, and it had to be done in around 30 seconds or less, and definitely had to be done before or at the same time as anyone else who was making the same calculation, if I didn't want to look unfit for the job LOL

To my shame, on first reading Carls' explanation my initial reaction was " Well that's as clear as mud ! " :D

I read it several times over slowly getting it to sink in and then Zanna posted her explanation and suddenly the two posts combined made perfect sense !

Thank you Carl, and special thanks to Zanna who has just proved she really knows how to teach, even when it's teaching an old dog new tricks LOL
    And Another Thing !!!

The spin and win on the beta version stops in the exact same place, every single day.

If you want us to believe it's random then come on MC, at least put a little effort into coding it so that it actually looks random, sheesh !
  • *Undecided**Undecided* Posts: 51 Pool Player
  • LuxtelumLuxtelum Posts: 143 Pool Pro
    Yep ..got a few points, game can be exasperating at times..sometimes the physics dont make sense, the odd screens, the ball placement, the occasional "winner" when you actually won the game, but the computer said the other guy won..I'm getting to believe that a few games I have played are "scripted"...the way the balls align to keep you from getting that last shot..the way the cue ball hides behind your opponents last ball, to keep you from getting the shot you need...to me, its all in the computer code...but, I like to rant too....so, yer not alone..another reason why I dont purchase cash or coins...I think I've mentioned that in the past....