Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Nannys' Ranting... You can too !

Comments

• Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 312 Pool Pro
    ha no I never play PC version. I'm just going on what several PC players have said about the new version that there aren't that many good players on there and is much easier than the standard PC version. Happy to play you on mobile if you want a few games?
  • otis4946otis4946 Posts: 44 Pool Player
    Sure, why not... how do we hook up?
    just need your ID if your settings allow game requests?
    My Unique ID: 207-480-284-6
    Be gentle! - From reading here in forum, I understand you're one of the best players in the game. I look at this as a learning experience...
    Perhaps you could take the time to critique my game afterwards? Thx
    Cheers,
    Jack

Hey nothing wrong with your game. Just unlucky on 1 or 2 shots. Perhaps didn't develop the balls on one of the games when you had chance but you see the game pretty well if you haven't been playing that long. Nice cue too :)
    Thanks Carl, that was fun, even though a little nerve-racking. I was nervous as ****! LOL
    Oops, can't say he//, sorry!
    Yea that 4th game was a lot of fun. Never be afraid to snooker if you have too. ;)
    I'll go practice some more and maybe we can play again sometime? Cheers!
    Carl Tales wrote: »
    Yea that 4th game was a lot of fun. Never be afraid to snooker if you have too. ;)

Good point, I'll try to remember that. Thanks again Carl!

edited August 8
    For me, the hardest part of the game is the nerves when you step up to the higher tiers. Geez... why can't we put this in perspective? - We're just playing for "pool coins" here!
    edited August 8
    otis4946 wrote: »
    For me, the hardest part of the game is the nerves when you step up to the higher tiers. Geez... why can't we put this in perspective? - We're just playing for "pool coins" here!

The higher the tier the less mistakes you can make and if your coin balance only just covers the entry fee or playing all in @ Monaco then nerves can really play a part. I suspect your nerves settled a little after you made the first game denial?
    Well, maybe a little, but if you remember, I was a bit lucky in that game. What really settled me down was making those two (indirect) bank shots to finish game three. That part was fun, but I'm smart enough to know when I'm overmatched. ;)
    The key to the higher tiers is being able to make denials consistently. If you can achieve more than 50% then you'll do ok in any tier. The better players can make over 70% but you'll find in Seoul and Mumbai it's between 40 and 50.
    The key to the higher tiers is being able to make denials consistently. If you can achieve more than 50% then you'll do ok in any tier. The better players can make over 70% but you'll find in Seoul and Mumbai it's between 40 and 50.

Thanks Carl, that's very useful to know! - Great players helping upstarts makes for a great forum!
  • TalhaTalha Posts: 341 Pool Pro

And enough coins to play higher tiers :D
  • ZogggZoggg Posts: 794 Pool Expert
    The easiest high level is Rome, most players mess up the cushion shot on the black
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 4,642 Pool Champion
    edited August 10
    And another thing....it is just way too smoky in the Valley I live in this week..... :s
    7 major wildfires going on within 100 miles of me right now.....and smoke from all of them tends to settle here in the Valley I live in due to an almost constant inversion layer that brings it here...regardless of which direction they are relative to us.... :|

I know that has zilch to do with miniclip and pool....but I needed to vent (rant)..... :*

X5lbOom.gif
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Member of the Year 2016Posts: 8,888 Pool Forum VIP
    edited August 10
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    And another thing....it is just way too smoky in the Valley I live in this week..... :s
    7 major wildfires going on within 100 miles of me right now.....and smoke from all of them tends to settle here in the Valley I live in due to an almost constant inversion layer that brings it here...regardless of which direction they are relative to us.... :|

I know that has zilch to do with miniclip and pool....but I needed to vent (rant)..... :*

Vent all you want Jeff LOL
    This thread was never just about MC or 8ball, all ranters and venters are welcome to let some steam off here LOL
    It's healthy to get it off your chest, so just consider this as a helpful little service and...

Let it go, let it gooooo
    Turn away and slam the door
    We don't care
    What they say
    Let the storm rage on.
    The coins never bothered us anyway.

;)

Post edited by Nanny Ogg on
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Member of the Year 2016Posts: 8,888 Pool Forum VIP
    And Another Thing !...

I just scared myself silly in 9ball when I accidentally clicked on a 500k game !

So the unsubtle little ploy by MC to trick the unsuspecting or careless into clicking on the highest tier they can possibly afford is alive and well in the new version.

Caveat Emptor !