Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Nannys' Ranting... You can too !

Comments

• Davy DacueDavy Dacue To He!! and Back.Posts: 2,599 Pool Champion
    The ball coming back out from corner pocket , am i the only one getting that happening on a gentle shot .
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,830 Pool Forum Veteran
    Davy Dacue wrote: »
    The ball coming back out from corner pocket , am i the only one getting that happening on a gentle shot .

Nope, you're not the only one, it's been an annoying little pain in the proverbial for me for a long time now and I have complained about it several times in the past.
    I have found a solution that seems to work for me though.

It's all to do with the force used, and I don't mean the amount of force but the way that you use it.
    I don't know if you can duplicate this and test it but I find that it's usually when I give the cue ball a sharp tap rather than a soft one that causes the ball to bounce back.

What I mean by that is when drawing back my mouse if I stop the drawback at the point I want it and then release it, it usually results in a soft shot, whereas if I drawback and release the cue at the same point but all in one motion I get a sharper shot. I can usually hear the difference on contact between cue ball and object ball.
    edited February 7
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    been a while i played that snooker, was hooked for a while too lol

Yeah Chris, i know the feeling , lol. Theres enough in it to keep it "interesting". ;)

once you get used to that "dead" white its kinda fun, esp the pro mode.......but i got the feeling that i play alot of guideliners, that put me off a bit......

Defo Chris. Ive seen a conversation about hacks in there, so wouldnt put it past them to be using them. And yeah, the "dead" white is a bit of a head scrathcer alright. If they had some sort of proper physics on it, it would be close to perfect.

I may be wrong about this, but i think that the "dead" white is caused by the cursor being on the secondary cueball control when you first start aiming your shot. It only happens when the object ball is somewhere in the bottom right of the table. Best to always check where your cursor is when you have a shot like that and try and keep your cursor well away from the secondary cueball control.
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Secluder.Posts: 3,796 Pool Champion
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    been a while i played that snooker, was hooked for a while too lol

Yeah Chris, i know the feeling , lol. Theres enough in it to keep it "interesting". ;)

once you get used to that "dead" white its kinda fun, esp the pro mode.......but i got the feeling that i play alot of guideliners, that put me off a bit......

Defo Chris. Ive seen a conversation about hacks in there, so wouldnt put it past them to be using them. And yeah, the "dead" white is a bit of a head scrathcer alright. If they had some sort of proper physics on it, it would be close to perfect.

I may be wrong about this, but i think that the "dead" white is caused by the cursor being on the secondary cueball control when you first start aiming your shot. It only happens when the object ball is somewhere in the bottom right of the table. Best to always check where your cursor is when you have a shot like that and try and keep your cursor well away from the secondary cueball control.

You could well be right Nan. Funny things is, im not using the spin, or the secondary cue ball control at all on the snooker table. I find it has no affect on my shots, and that probably comes from using the beginner cue. It does however have a huge affect on the pool tables.

I need to buy myself one of those sparkly souped up fangdangled cues to see if there is much of a difference. But i aint getting one of those until i have enough fecal matter to buy a decent one. Not doing too badly now using the starter cue, so im happy to bide my time on that.

just won my 2000th game :tongue:
    t4jaugzutbgr.png

Well done Talha, only another 8000 wins to go to become a Legend !
    better improve that win percentage though or it could be over 16000 games to go as well LOL
    My win percentage is 50 now :tongue:
    ej8bc28orcwm.png

Faster than my first billion :tongue:

tb1a24fdrg94.png

Nicely done Talha
    pooh6k692p3v.gif
  • -Alyna-Alyna Hello!Posts: 875 Pool Expert
    And Another Thing !...

I am now almost completely retired from the old PC version, in the beta I can make 10 times the coins for less than half the effort and increase my wp without much of a struggle, plus I'm rather enjoying online snooker too atm so if MC wants to retire the old version anytime soon I won't mourn its demise LOL

Have you reached 100m and 70% yet?
    -Alyna wrote: »
    And Another Thing !...

I am now almost completely retired from the old PC version, in the beta I can make 10 times the coins for less than half the effort and increase my wp without much of a struggle, plus I'm rather enjoying online snooker too atm so if MC wants to retire the old version anytime soon I won't mourn its demise LOL

Have you reached 100m and 70% yet?

LOL Alyna !!!!!! I will get 70% eventually, but at the tiers I play I will be dead of old age long before I get even halfway to 100m :D :D
    edited February 8
    Would you like to try to reach 70% before I reach 82.5%? It seems to be a fair challenge :D
    Would you like to try to reach 70% before I reach 82.5%? It seems to be a fair challenge :D

You must be kidding hun how can it ever be a fair challenge when it's me vs you ? LOL

You must be kidding hun how can it ever be a fair challenge when it's me vs you ? LOL

Some reasons:
    -It's way easier to reach 70%
    -You're closer than me, I can't remember your stats, but it was higher than 65%, I don't know who has won more games
    -I waste my time playing for useless coins
    I was just kidding anyways LOL, I will never reach 82.5%

Some reasons:
    -It's way easier to reach 70%
    -You're closer than me, I can't remember your stats, but it was higher than 65%, I don't know who has won more games
    -I waste my time playing for useless coins
    I was just kidding anyways LOL, I will never reach 82.5%

It's nearly 80% on my little alt but that's because I haven't even played 1000 games on BannedNan yet LOL
    On my main it's 56.9% on 22525 wins out of 39612 games played, so quite a way to go to 70%,
    LOL, no way to reach 70%
    Ps. I just lost against someone with 36.2% :|, I'd better stay silent
    I don't **** need to be told change avatar every time i go to 8 new and move the stupid writing faster at start.
    edited February 9
    And Another Thing !...

yf16gx8s4mxr.png

It's taken me 7 days to make 100k on the beta, whereas on the old pc version that would have taken me at least a month LOL
    And Another Thing !...

yf16gx8s4mxr.png

It's taken me 7 days to make 100k on the beta, whereas on the old pc version that would have taken me at least a month LOL

Must watch out for you next time i am in Harrods.
    And Another Thing !...

yf16gx8s4mxr.png

Must watch out for you next time i am in Harrods.

When you said "let's do lunch at Harrods" and didn't turn up, I was forced to manage a whole bottle of pink champagne all by myself !...

0vzg6ckjtxny.jpg

I found out later that I hadn't actually been stood up, but that your idea of Harrods and mine were two very different things...

n3k9txcgfqj1.jpg

edited February 9
    And Another Thing !...

In the pc beta, stop telling me that "You called for 100", I bleeding well did not ! it was that other guy !
    @Nanny Ogg Your fat Aztec managed to fit onto a Harrods seat ok then.
    @Nanny Ogg Your fat Aztec managed to fit onto a Harrods seat ok then.

Yup Harrods boasts that they can supply their customers with absolutely anything so providing a supersized bottomparker was not a problem LOL
    And Another Thing !...

It took me 7 days to make my last 100k instead of the usual month and now it's taken me less than a day to make my latest 100k, I am loving the beta version LOL...

02vrr1jepgoe.png

With a nice little win streak going at the same time ! LOL

ou5estez5iet.png