Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Nannys' Ranting... You can too !

Comments

• Davy DacueDavy Dacue To He!! and Back.Posts: 2,533 Pool Champion
    As i said depends on your tv , if you are using a laptop use wifi direct or go hdmi cable , nannys maybe away to get you a diagram .
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,643 Pool Forum Veteran
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Are a PC only player?

"Yep, never wanted to try playing on a 5inch screen when I can play on my 40inch monitor LOL"

Curious... how do you technically make that happen?

Not sure I'm getting you RyR, how do I make what happen ?

Sorry... just curious how you physically/technically got the game to play on a 40" monitor (TV).

Ah I see, well it's a computer monitor not a TV, so I simply connect it to the computer via the DisplayPort like any other monitor, and it's plug'n'play.
    It's a 4k monitor ( 3840x2160 pixels ) and magnifying the page so that the table virtually fills the whole screen doesn't create too much discernible loss of image quality.
    Davy Dacue wrote: »
    As i said depends on your tv , if you are using a laptop use wifi direct or go hdmi cable , nannys maybe away to get you a diagram .

Sorry Davy, I can't help with streaming the game to a TV since I don't own one LOL
  • !Murray!Murray Posts: 71 Pool Player
    He could’ve played a lot back before there were levels and not had a high ranking on the bar, idk.
  • Davy DacueDavy Dacue To He!! and Back.Posts: 2,533 Pool Champion
    I did try using 40inch tv with cable and wifi direct , because of where i sit and i don't change seat for anyone , i couldn't get used to playing games on it . Probably if i sat directly in front would have been the obvious thing .
  • RollYour RockRollYour Rock Posts: 190 Pool Pro
    Wow... I just didn't realize computer monitors came that large.

Do you use a mouse or trackpad?

That's it! - No more dumb questions. :)
    edited February 24
    Wow... I just didn't realize computer monitors came that large.

Do you use a mouse or trackpad?

That's it! - No more dumb questions. :)

Don't you dare stop, I love it when my thread gets some action LOL

I use a mouse.

I bought the monitor when it was the largest monitor you could buy but 2 years on and there is a 43" already on the market and there are even bigger gaming-dedicated monitors about to be launched sometime this year ( although they are going to have some really hefty price tags, expect to pay several thousand ) that I read about, and if my memory serves me correctly they could be around the 50 or 60 inch mark !

Edit. here's a link to a 65" monster LOL
    http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/nvidia/1406592/nvidia-bfgd-hands-on-nvidia-s-large-screened-gaming-tv-launched-at-ces-2018

They claim the "f" in BFGD stands for format but I know what it really stands for LOL
  • RollYour RockRollYour Rock Posts: 190 Pool Pro
    Pretty soon it'l be like IMAX with a joy sticks...
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Now you know.Posts: 3,697 Pool Champion
    Pretty soon it'l be like IMAX with a joy sticks...

lol, imagine the sound quality and visuals of all that, plugged into your fingertips. Virtual reality, along with sensual reality, all loaded into a game that will blow your socks off.

We are well on the way to achieving that big time, what with big screens, virtual reality head sets, and vibrations already on the market. A little (well, sort of big improvement) on all those aspects, along with sensuary aspects could well be in the not too distant future.

Anyone remember when Dolby surround sound first hit the market? That first time you put a set of headphones on your ears, and heard the music move around like you where in the middle of it? We have come a long way indeed.
  • cidercodercidercoder Posts: 1,050 Pool Champion
    Wow @Nanny Ogg , I play on my son's old laptop, it's about 8 years old now, and the screen is only about 14" corner to corner ! I need a bigger screen !
    @cidercoder

Omg Cider that is well past it's use-by date LOL

You are long overdue for a major upgrade ;)
  • christhecueballchristhecueball Posts: 379 Pool Pro
    cidercoder wrote: »
    Wow @Nanny Ogg , I play on my son's old laptop, it's about 8 years old now, and the screen is only about 14" corner to corner ! I need a bigger screen !

also play on a 7yr old lappy, only i have added that baby......

gw2450hm-1b.jpg
  • cidercodercidercoder Posts: 1,050 Pool Champion
    cidercoder wrote: »
    also play on a 7yr old lappy, only i have added that baby......
    gw2450hm-1b.jpg
    Yeah I could treat myself to a big screen I suppose, don't have to keep using the lappy screen ! :smile:

• JJoeJJoe OLD PC/MOBILE Posts: 862 Pool Expert
    I play on a laptop, old Toshiba but honestly I find it easiest to play on a touchpad laptop
    And Another Thing !...

I stopped playing the old pc version for a few days, and now when I went back in to try and get my wp matched up with the beta version ( come on MC, surely it can't be that hard to synch the 2 versions ! ) I now find I can't even win a game in LONDON !

This game is rigged ! Rigged I tell you !
    a1m1wyj33mdi.gif
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Now you know.Posts: 3,697 Pool Champion
    And Another Thing !...

I stopped playing the old pc version for a few days, and now when I went back in to try and get my wp matched up with the beta version ( come on MC, surely it can't be that hard to synch the 2 versions ! ) I now find I can't even win a game in LONDON !

This game is rigged ! Rigged I tell you !
    a1m1wyj33mdi.gif

lol. Do ya mean the game is "Kimmed"?.
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    lol. Do ya mean the game is "Kimmed"?.

Or hansenned or even mmmbopped ! LOL

6wy30axsv8xz.png
    The account ahead of me has been played on by a guy from Oman and a guy from Saudi Arabia.
    !Murray wrote: »
    6wy30axsv8xz.png
    The account ahead of me has been played on by a guy from Oman and a guy from Saudi Arabia.

Pretty much par for the course in the leagues, MC has known for years and done nothing about it, so you might need to play clever as per @Carlos Tales strategy if you ever want to win one.
    what's his trick? @Nanny Ogg