Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Nannys' Ranting... You can too !

Comments

• William MillsWilliam Mills Posts: 161 Pool Pro
    A thing that grinds my gears is those who use a soft break just to troll, you're most likely pot the black mid-game that way if done correctly.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,830 Pool Forum Veteran
    Do you mean a deliberate soft break with nothing potted ? I love those ! It just opens the table up for a chance to clear it LOL
  • ZogggZoggg Posts: 1,075 Pool Champion
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Do you mean a deliberate soft break with nothing potted ? I love those ! It just opens the table up for a chance to clear it LOL

I hate players who do that, it turns the game into a lottery. I can never decide if it's a good idea to smash the pack up or not.
    Zoggg wrote: »

I hate players who do that, it turns the game into a lottery. I can never decide if it's a good idea to smash the pack up or not.

I'll remember that the next time we play LOL, I need every advantage I can get :D
  • Paulb228Paulb228 Posts: 5,872 Pool Forum VIP
    I always use a soft break.
    I roll the cue ball into the pack, just enough to push three balls onto the back rail and leave the cue measles into the pack.
    Usually my opponent has no direct shot on.
    It makes the game more enjoyable.
    It's a better test for me ( &hopefully my opponent) on getting accurate cue ball positioning.
  • Dave DaveDave Dave Posts: 69 Pool Player
    Paulb228 wrote: »
    I always use a soft break.
    I roll the cue ball into the pack, just enough to push three balls onto the back rail and leave the cue measles into the pack.
    Usually my opponent has no direct shot on.
    It makes the game more enjoyable.
    It's a better test for me ( &hopefully my opponent) on getting accurate cue ball positioning.

I rarely come across a player that soft breaks successfully like you.

Usually it's too light, giving me ball in hand to position anywhere I want. Or too hard and gives me a clear shot of at least 1 or 2 balls. And oftentimes, because the easy shot is a corner pocket, by hitting the rail hard you end up breaking the balls while guaranteeing at least 1 will drop.

I know it's a legit play - still bothers me when an opponent does it though. ;)
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,355 Pool Forum VIP

I agree...... I love to see those soft girly-man breaks.....shows me two things:

1. They are cheap girly-man players....
    2. They have little in the way of skills....

95% of the time, I will win that game without any real effort..... ;)

I'll remember that the next time we play LOL, I need every advantage I can get :D

Got the mobile version? fite me plz. <3
    UID: 356 396 03
    edited October 2016

Got the mobile version? fite me plz. <3
    UID: 356 396 03

@William Cakemunching Mills ...

An Ode to a Misspelled Challenge

William, y u wanna fite ?
    Wos it sumfin Nanny sed ?
    Y u gettn all uptite ?
    All dat cake gon 2 ur hed ?

Wotz a laydee gonna do
    Wen da mandems all hormonal ?
    Dis Gangsta Grans as gud as u
    Tho not quite as testosteronal !

U challenge Nanny to a duel ?
    Den get ur azz on da web vershun
    To da fiyah I'm addin fuel
    Ur gonna need a plastic surgeon !

Pick up yer cue and grab yer balls
    and bring yer best down to my hood
    Dese are my cribs and my poolhalls
    So bring it on, I'm ready Dood !

;)
    Post edited by Nanny Ogg on
    Sunidhifan wrote: »

I agree...... I love to see those soft girly-man breaks.....shows me two things:

1. They are cheap girly-man players....
    2. They have little in the way of skills....

95% of the time, I will win that game without any real effort..... ;)

LOL
    :)
  • 81U381U3 Posts: 1,236 Pool Champion
    Very annoying when you lose a high streak to a hit & hoper :(
  • creativehottycreativehotty rainy season atmPosts: 2,192 Pool Champion
    81U3 wrote: »

+1 ugh !!
  • * t a r e k o ** t a r e k o * Posts: 85 Pool Player

:/ +1
    And Another Thing !...

For all those people who complain about being matched up against much higher levels than yourselves... guess what... we don't even WANT to play with you !!!
  • Rowunbeat!Rowunbeat! Posts: 1,469 Pool Champion
    And Another Thing !...

For all those people who complain about being matched up against much higher levels than yourselves... guess what... we don't even WANT to play with you !!!

I do not mind playing some punching bags o:)
  • 81U381U3 Posts: 1,236 Pool Champion
    Annoying when you win and the opponent asks for a rematch and you agree and then they win and run away now that they got their precious little coins back! :neutral:
    Annoying when you win and the opponent asks for a rematch and you agree and then they win and run away now that they got their precious little coins back! :neutral:

I hate that too, that's why i never re match people.

I had someone literally screw me over in Toronto the other day using the classic cue, he kept doing a safety shot on the bottom half, my ball being obscured by his brown of course.

edited October 2016
    It's taken me over 3 days ( :s ) to go from 700k to 750k coins and that's my little rant at myself but the point of the post is OMG I have FINALLY reached 3/4 of a Million coins and all of a sudden my first Mil doesn't seem so totally out of reach as I had always thought.
    I've never liked this coins rubbish but I'm using them as a goal to strive for.
    One Million here I come ! :)
    It's taken me over 3 days ( :s ) to go from 700k to 750k coins and that's my little rant at myself but the point of the post is OMG I have FINALLY reached 3/4 of a Million coins and all of a sudden my first Mil doesn't seem so totally out of reach as I had always thought.
    I've never liked this coins rubbish but I'm using them as a goal to strive for.
    One Million here I come ! :)

You rich bigger.
    I've just broken the 200k barrier....but tbh...as long as I've got 50 to have a knock around on the London tables, I'm happy as a bug in a rug
    edited October 2016
    LOL 750k from 5+ yrs play isn't really rich Paul, but I spent those years in Moscow and Sydney so it's not too bad really LOL.