Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Nannys' Ranting... You can too !

Comments

• -Alyna-Alyna 80.9% Posts: 884 Pool Expert
    cidercoder wrote: »
    -Alyna wrote: »
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Playing tours, I need to win another 10 to reach 1,700 tours won and then go to sleep :P. Hope I can get them with a streak

Good Luck @-Alyna, looking forward to when you get your 2000 milestone :)
    Just found my old stats spreadsheet ! I got to 2000 tour wins on 23/04/2012 ! Aim for 15000 tour wins, now that's an achievement ! :wink:
    Aim for 66.6% average, that's also an achievement!
    Ps. my respect for being the player with tours record during so many years, truly amazing :)
    Just logged into my cidercoder account to have a look, 15326 tour wins out of 23572 played, so win percentage = 65.02%, so not too shabby :blush:
    I started off badly though in my first couple of thousand tournaments, as I was addicted to the old 32 man tournaments which were notoriously harder to win as even a lot of the better players played them ! Ever since then though, the win % has steadily gone up, last 10000 tournaments were won at well over 70% success rate. I very rarely play tours now though, just occasionally to see if anything has changed !

No, it's definitely very good! And I actually didn't say it's bad, but if you will come saying that my 1,700 tours won are not achievement and I need to reach 15,000 to consider it an 'achievement', obviously I would mention that my tours % is higher than yours. And my tours % is also lower than what it should be, I lost too many tours due to that annoying glitch the last year that the games wouldn't start. And I have also joined many Tokyo tours with some good PC players+ the special tour rings on mobile!
    But back to the topic, as I mentioned, I'm not saying that your tours are shabby, but respect others' achievements, I have not played only tours on my acc, I watched your double legend video and you had 5,663 of 9,340. I had only 1,639 of 2,510

No idea what you are on about here @Alyna ! ? How did I not respect you (or anyone else) ! ? No disrespect was meant, was just posting for a laugh. Maybe it's my sense of humour ? I'll get my coat . . . . .

I took your words as '2k tours won ain't an achievement, reach 15k which is an actual achievement!' sorry if you just did it for a laugh
  • RollYour RockRollYour Rock Posts: 259 Pool Pro
    @cidercoder

Hey hun, I know you are the creator of the Pool Monsters thread ( and one of my goals is to appear in there myself one day LOL ) but I don't know if you have posted your own stats page in there, and if you haven't then post it here please LOL
    With 15k+ tourney wins ( meaning at the very least around 50k games won just in the tours ) your total of games won has to be well worth seeing !

It was 57369 wins from 66445 games last time I looked. I've only played about 30 games on it in the last 3 years. I've played over 20K games on other accounts in the meantime.

86.3% wins for 66k games! 😲 - OMG, are you $#!%%!&@ me?

Do you play mobile or PC? - You gotta come out and play this tournament thing !!!

I don't play for many coins yet, but if you would honor me with a game or two, I would love to watch you work your way around the table...

Cheers,
    Jack
  • -Alyna-Alyna 80.9% Posts: 884 Pool Expert
    @cidercoder

Hey hun, I know you are the creator of the Pool Monsters thread ( and one of my goals is to appear in there myself one day LOL ) but I don't know if you have posted your own stats page in there, and if you haven't then post it here please LOL
    With 15k+ tourney wins ( meaning at the very least around 50k games won just in the tours ) your total of games won has to be well worth seeing !

It was 57369 wins from 66445 games last time I looked. I've only played about 30 games on it in the last 3 years. I've played over 20K games on other accounts in the meantime.

86.3% wins for 66k games! 😲 - OMG, are you $#!%%!&@ me?

Do you play mobile or PC? - You gotta come out and play this tournament thing !!!

I don't play for many coins yet, but if you would honor me with a game or two, I would love to watch you work your way around the table...

Cheers,
    Jack

Yeah, he's not kidding. He really has these stats. Tbh Bicho and Cider have the best low tables stats in the world, and I don't think that it can be argued
  • talha899ttalha899t Posts: 243 Pool Pro
    Well Happy Belated Birthday Talha <3 18 going on 80 then LOL

Thank you Nanny...
    So, from now on can I consider you 80? :D
  • christhecueballchristhecueball Posts: 469 Pool Pro
    @cidercoder

still noobish :D :D :D
  • cidercodercidercoder Posts: 1,068 Pool Champion
    edited June 6
    @cidercoder

I know pal :lol: , nowhere near your standard ! ! :wink:
  • Nineballina GeNineballina Ge Posts: 593 Pool Expert
    What's a conscience ? :D

i dunno, i'd have to google it :D
    @cidercoder

I know pal :lol: , nowhere near your standard ! ! :wink:

but tbh......very close lol
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,888 Pool Forum Veteran
    LOL ! And Another Thing !...

I've been choosing to bank the black regardless of my opponents skills today, and in the last 3 games in a row I managed to scratch the white in right after, and all three times my oppo has quit just before the cueball went in LOL !
    Haven't they heard of "never give up" ? LOL
    And Another Thing !...

Does anyone else check their opponents total winnings at the start of a game, and if it is under 1m deliberately make the game harder for themselves by going for the hardest shots or playing all indirect just to give the other guy a chance ?
  • 81U381U3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Posts: 1,254 Pool Champion
    And Another Thing !...

Does anyone else check their opponents total winnings at the start of a game, and if it is under 1m deliberately make the game harder for themselves by going for the hardest shots or playing all indirect just to give the other guy a chance ?

Yes, but I feel that most players have never heard of the indirect style of play and think we are "hit n' hoping" (unless it is a call all shots table of course)
    I'm getting so fed up lately, getting to meet all these idiots who are just coin transferring. I'm playing the old version on PC and these morons are everywhere in the higher tiers, why can't miniclip run a routine to find them, it's not rocket science, look at their stats! Just get rid of them please, none of them are interested in playing a game . . . .
    d0ex8ek14ueu.jpg
    46kdvxgqd6u7.jpg
    The idiots just keep appearing, I'm getting fed up of screenshotting them ! Khizar, miniclip should ban you
    amxj3xk4usl5.jpg
  • talha899ttalha899t Posts: 243 Pool Pro
    I'm getting so fed up lately, getting to meet all these idiots who are just coin transferring. I'm playing the old version on PC and these morons are everywhere in the higher tiers, why can't miniclip run a routine to find them, it's not rocket science, look at their stats! Just get rid of them please, none of them are interested in playing a game . . . .
    d0ex8ek14ueu.jpg
    46kdvxgqd6u7.jpg

If miniclip cared they could have just changed their algorithm slightly.
    The only change needed would have been to make the transferrers lose the game when they refresh.
  • ZogggZoggg Posts: 1,076 Pool Champion
    I played one guy today who had won 52 games out of 52 and only potted 42 balls. Well I didn't actually play him, he quit before I could break off. But it destroyed his 100% win rate, so nuts to him.
    The idiots just keep appearing, I'm getting fed up of screenshotting them ! Khizar, miniclip should ban you
    amxj3xk4usl5.jpg

lol it was about 2 yrs ago, when raquel found out this is happening (after it was already going on for a yr or 2) and they did a big nuttin´....... i dont have much confidence anymore this will change before they have to shut it down.......atleast i wouldnt hold my breath :D
    miniclip is the donald trump of gaming lol
  • *Cheetah Girl**Cheetah Girl* Queen Bee Posts: 4,491 Pool Champion
    amxj3xk4usl5.jpg

@cidercoder I feel the same way
    And Another Thing !...

Just played a level 89 with total winnings of 19m and a wp of 39% and he was using a Legendary cue.

How much do you think he had to spend to get the Shangri-La Cue ?
    Why spend all that money on an overpowered sdsf cue when he obviously didn't know how to use it ?
  • 81U381U3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯Posts: 1,254 Pool Champion
    edited June 11
    And Another Thing !...

Just played a level 89 with total winnings of 19m and a wp of 39% and he was using a Legendary cue.

Why spend all that money on an overpowered sdsf cue when he obviously didn't know how to use it ?

I think the main appeal to the legendary cues is the coins you get back after a loss. Having all of the original 10 legendary cues get you 50% back (5% each).

This mostly helps players less than 50%WP build coins instead of lose them. They also are free of recharge and give XP boost
    81U3 wrote: »
    And Another Thing !...

I think the main appeal to the legendary cues is the coins you get back after a loss. Having all of the original 10 legendary cues get you 50% back (5% each).

This mostly helps players less than 50%WP build coins instead of lose them. They also are free of recharge and give XP boost

I would still like to know how much real money he spent to get that cue though.
    His game was so bad that he really should have learned to handle the standard cue first, it's like someone buying a Lamborghini when they haven't even passed their driving test yet.