Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

8 Ball Pool in HTML 5 - now in OPEN BETA (Update in 1st post)

1404143454649

Comments

  • Davy DacueDavy Dacue Qui Audet Adipiscitur.Posts: 1,582 Pool Champion
    Not being an ardent if thats the right word pool player like yourselves , the only time the cue jammed with me was when i didn't realise the cursor was off the game. :D
  • *Aurora**Aurora* youtoo?Posts: 6,045 Pool Forum VIP
    Poor example, but in both occasions this happened to me when my cue was in that position. I had to drag the mouse downwards for force. Didn't get control on the cue ball anymore.

    rd410EI.png
  • _raoul_raoul Posts: 251 Pool Pro
    Well, that's it for new the version. Played a guy who did a tap break, waited for me to make one, then suddenly all his balls disappear for the win.

    Several exploits out now, shouldn't even had bothered.
  • ZogggZoggg Posts: 852 Pool Expert
    I couldn't play for 5 days because my router got fried by a lightning strike, but I see that while I've been away, the game is taking ages to load again. It only took about 10 seconds to load last week, sort it out miniclip guys.
  • _raoul_raoul Posts: 251 Pool Pro
    Yet another exploit. Same guy, two games in a row.

    cbetpsd2513p.jpg

    v6n15y5mgp42.jpg



  • eatbreadeatbread Posts: 25 Pool Player
    https://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2017/07/adobe-flash-update.html

    Welp, it's over guys. Adobe Flash will officially be dead by 2020, rest in peace:
    Adobe:

    Adobe is planning to end-of-life Flash. Specifically, we will stop updating and distributing the Flash Player at the end of 2020 and encourage content creators to migrate any existing Flash content to these new open formats.

    Google statement:

    Chrome will continue phasing out Flash over the next few years, first by asking for your permission to run Flash in more situations, and eventually disabling it by default. We will remove Flash completely from Chrome toward the end of 2020.

    Mozilla statement:

    Starting next month, users will choose which websites are able to run the Flash plugin. Flash will be disabled by default for most users in 2019, and only users running the Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) will be able to continue using Flash through the final end-of-life at the end of 2020. In order to preserve user security, once Flash is no longer supported by Adobe security patches, no version of Firefox will load the plugin.

    Microsoft statement:

    In mid to late 2018, we will update Microsoft Edge to require permission for Flash to be run each session. Internet Explorer will continue to allow Flash for all sites in 2018.
    In mid to late 2019, we will disable Flash by default in both Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. Users will be able to re-enable Flash in both browsers. When re-enabled, Microsoft Edge will continue to require approval for Flash on a site-by-site basis.
    By the end of 2020, we will remove the ability to run Adobe Flash in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer across all supported versions of Microsoft Windows. Users will no longer have any ability to enable or run Flash.

    I hope Miniclip will still fix the game mechanics/physics/fluidity in the HTML5/Javascript version.
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Been there, done that.Posts: 2,291 Pool Champion
    edited July 27
    Heres a very interesting write up from another company on how they have dealt with the demise of flash. And from reading this, it looks like miniclip could have done a better job than the new trash version they are throwing out now. The last paragraph throws some light on the subject, as it shows this crowd went for another coding system other than html5, which miniclip have opted to use. But reading the whole article is recommended.

    https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/23/adobe-flash-is-dead-heres-how-to-save-your-game-before-its-too-late/
  • ZogggZoggg Posts: 852 Pool Expert
    Is it me or have they increased the power of the cues in the new game?
  • *Cheetah Girl**Cheetah Girl* Queen Bee Posts: 505 Pool Expert
    eatbread wrote: »
    https://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2017/07/adobe-flash-update.html

    Welp, it's over guys. Adobe Flash will officially be dead by 2020, rest in peace:
    Adobe:

    Adobe is planning to end-of-life Flash. Specifically, we will stop updating and distributing the Flash Player at the end of 2020 and encourage content creators to migrate any existing Flash content to these new open formats.

    Google statement:

    Chrome will continue phasing out Flash over the next few years, first by asking for your permission to run Flash in more situations, and eventually disabling it by default. We will remove Flash completely from Chrome toward the end of 2020.

    Mozilla statement:

    Starting next month, users will choose which websites are able to run the Flash plugin. Flash will be disabled by default for most users in 2019, and only users running the Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) will be able to continue using Flash through the final end-of-life at the end of 2020. In order to preserve user security, once Flash is no longer supported by Adobe security patches, no version of Firefox will load the plugin.

    Microsoft statement:

    In mid to late 2018, we will update Microsoft Edge to require permission for Flash to be run each session. Internet Explorer will continue to allow Flash for all sites in 2018.
    In mid to late 2019, we will disable Flash by default in both Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. Users will be able to re-enable Flash in both browsers. When re-enabled, Microsoft Edge will continue to require approval for Flash on a site-by-site basis.
    By the end of 2020, we will remove the ability to run Adobe Flash in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer across all supported versions of Microsoft Windows. Users will no longer have any ability to enable or run Flash.

    I hope Miniclip will still fix the game mechanics/physics/fluidity in the HTML5/Javascript version.

    I wonder that the other games are going to work after 2020 ? Other game have plugin too. Just curious if they planned to fix the other games so we can play those games too. :p
  • eatbreadeatbread Posts: 25 Pool Player
    I wonder that the other games are going to work after 2020 ? Other game have plugin too. Just curious if they planned to fix the other games so we can play those games too. :p

    Nope, using Flash will not be possible to use on any browser by 2020. They're probably working on converting all their games to HTML5 or some other platform like Unity.
  • *Cheetah Girl**Cheetah Girl* Queen Bee Posts: 505 Pool Expert
    edited July 28
    eatbread wrote: »
    I wonder that the other games are going to work after 2020 ? Other game have plugin too. Just curious if they planned to fix the other games so we can play those games too. :p

    Nope, using Flash will not be possible to use on any browser by 2020. They're probably working on converting all their games to HTML5 or some other platform like Unity.

    Probably? If they want to spend that much money to update every single game out there . I doubt it in my own opinion. I better get used to playing pool only time being . :p
  • _raoul_raoul Posts: 251 Pool Pro
    Another match with this POS

    437mza3oxqhs.jpg
  • RaquelRaquel Posts: 1,506 admin
    edited July 31
    @_raoul thank you so much for the report!

    We passed the information along to our team and the issue seems to be resolved.

    Please if you continue to encounter any issues, post them here (with screenshots whenever possible).
  • AlynaAlyna Posts: 287 Pool Pro
    _raoul wrote: »
    Yet another exploit. Same guy, two games in a row.

    cbetpsd2513p.jpg

    v6n15y5mgp42.jpg



    How did you beat him? Because you seem to be winning 1-0 :O
    I played him and he did the same freaking thing.
  • _raoul_raoul Posts: 251 Pool Pro
    Alyna wrote: »

    How did you beat him? Because you seem to be winning 1-0 :O
    I played him and he did the same freaking thing.

    Yeah, actually I ended up beating him all three times. Whatever he had going, it would just keep timing out and passing the shot back and forth. So I let it sit for an hour and he gave up.
  • Ryan CawdorRyan Cawdor Posts: 276 Pool Pro
    eatbread wrote: »
    I hope Miniclip will still fix the game mechanics/physics/fluidity in the HTML5/Javascript version.

    I just tried this new html version of 8b. it seems you have to hit the cb a lot harder. And the physics of the 9b break are definitely not accurate. The 1b should be going into the side pocket or the back corner pocket where you're breaking from. And why are the graphics so fuzzy?

    but I like how in 9b you can choose the game and the bet!! That is most excellent!!!
  • piotrmp006piotrmp006 Posts: 3 New Member
    8 Ball Pool HTML5 not load on Firefox 52 and Firefox 52 ESR (Windows)!!! :'(

    9bvaqamd5dsu.png
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Member of the Year 2016Posts: 9,090 Pool Forum VIP
    edited August 2
    piotrmp006 wrote: »
    8 Ball Pool HTML5 not load on Firefox 52 and Firefox 52 ESR (Windows)!!! :'(

    9bvaqamd5dsu.png

    First update Firefox, the latest version is 54.01, if that doesn't work try using Chrome instead, it loads much faster than Firefox.

    Also try this link...
    http://icq.miniclip.com/games/8-ball-pool-multiplayer/en/webgame.php
  • ZogggZoggg Posts: 852 Pool Expert
    I have firefox 54.0.1 and the new game keeps crashing it. What's going on?
  • ZogggZoggg Posts: 852 Pool Expert
    It's not just the game, the BBC website is also making firefox crash
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online27

COOLOCKER
COOLOCKER
Raquel
Raquel
Salman Yousuf
Salman Yousuf
+24 Guests