Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

8 Ball Pool in HTML 5 - now in OPEN BETA (Update in 1st post)

Comments

• Davy DacueDavy Dacue To He!! and Back.Posts: 2,533 Pool Champion
    Are they going to sort this nonsense out.9rq6p4i6374l.png
  • AlisaNTonikAlisaNTonik Forum Moderator BiHPosts: 1,744 mod
    Thanks all for your reports! We've reported it to our Support team and hopefully we'll see an update soon.
  • ZogggZoggg Posts: 1,065 Pool Champion
    It happened again, it's getting silly now.
  • Zanna136Zanna136 Semper ludensPosts: 2,218 Pool Champion
    I only tested practise mode, and when it didn't have any lines, I didn't even bother with actual coin games... :grimace: (playing on up-to-date Chrome & Opera, if that matters to support team...)
    I've got 2.5 billion coins so I'm not bothered about losing a few.
  • (Silver Surfer)(Silver Surfer) Posts: 207 Pool Pro
    Will have to give it a miss until it gets sorted .
    I played 15 games today and it didn't happen once, so I thought maybe it has been fixed.

I was wrong, it happened on the 16th game.
    Now it's happened 2 games in a row.

It should be quite easy to fix, it only started last week, so just undo the last update to the game.
    Just played one of those games , some people must like them or have a lot of practice on them.
    Davy Dacue wrote: »
    Just played one of those games , some people must like them or have a lot of practice on them.

It's only one player (always me) who doesn't have guidelines.
    I didn't see guidelines for the opponent , he was good without them.
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 849 Pool Expert
    Thanks again Zanna for pointing me over to here where it has already been presented. No projection line is ok as there are tables with it and i'm used to that but no shot line is not the easiest to judge in 2d from clear across the table. Hope they sort it soon. Haven't lost TOO much cash and just so you know folks, if you get in this situation and you're a stubborn old mule like me and refuse to just quit and GIVE my money up (LOL :D ) i've found if you move the cue a bit so it knows you're "aiming" and then take cursor pointer and point to place on ball you would have aimed the shot line to hit and draw back from there, i make 50-70% of my shots like that it seems. Like i said, stubbornness and my inner Joo refuse to just give up the gold so i'm gonna at least TRY to shoot it out ;) LOL. Good luck
    Good luck to you as well. ;)
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,636 Pool Forum Veteran
    edited August 2017
    Well I have just had my first experiences with this new no lines glitch and I must say it is a lot more off-putting than I thought it was going to be based on the previous posts by you guys LOL

When I first heard of it my initial reaction was what is everyone moaning about, it's just like playing a no guideline game isn't it ?

Now I know that it is oh so very much NOT like that at all LOL

The lack of a line from the cue to the cueball makes you feel as if everything has been reversed and I just can't seem to stop placing my cue in the exact opposite direction to where I want it to be :D

I wouldn't mind so much if both players were similarly handicapped but oh no !

The first game I saw this happen I had lines but my oppo obviously did not, and even though I could see her lines she couldn't, and I was sat there thinking what the heck is she doing ? LOL

Next few games was a mix of one or both of us playing like we had never picked up a virtual cue before LOL

I hope the devs sort this out before they lose all the beta players because let's face it, it's never exactly full up in there is it LOL

@Zanna136
    Looking back on our previous conversation about this, I take it all back hun, you were totally right LOL
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 849 Pool Expert
    Yeah, i had tossed a few "words Jesus wouldn't say" in the air the first few times it happened and i was losing coins and had to resolve myself to figuring out just how NOT to lose coins when that happened, lol. And i'd just like to add, that although Jesus might not say the things i said, He was known to come in and flip some tables over and spill the coins all over the ground! :D :D :D Keep that in mind MC (just kidding :D )
    Oj oj, and I was so expecting you to challenge me to ultimate match... ;) :D @Nanny Ogg

Now we'll just wait if they ever get THIS bug fixed.... :D
    It hasn't happened today? Has it been fixed?
    The cue guidelines disappearing hasn't happened for 5 days now so I am assuming it has been fixed. Can any of the miniclip folk confirm that?
  • yakoubyakoubyakoubyakoub Posts: 806 Pool Expert
    i tried it out a week ago. and i couldnt aim or nothing. idk if its just me. all i know is im never playing that cra ppy version again. how am i gonna play if i cant aim? LOL
  • AlynaAlyna Posts: 287 Pool Pro
    I played 80 games today and it hasn't happened yet. I assume it was fixed too
    Zoggg wrote: »
    The cue guidelines disappearing hasn't happened for 5 days now so I am assuming it has been fixed. Can any of the miniclip folk confirm that?