Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

8 Ball Pool in HTML 5 - now in OPEN BETA (Update in 1st post)

Comments

• MateuszMateusz Posts: 2 New Member
    Gameplay is changing much. I have impression it's quicker and more of shots are finding their way to the pocket than in old version. I think it was really ok for mobile devices, but PC can have something more intense.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Grumpy Old MoosePosts: 9,580 Pool Forum VIP
    edited November 29
    Mateusz wrote: »
    Gameplay is changing much. I have impression it's quicker and more of shots are finding their way to the pocket than in old version. I think it was really ok for mobile devices, but PC can have something more intense.

Welcome to the forum @Mateusz.

And thank you for the game, how nice to see someone join the forum only a few minutes after randomly meeting me on the tables :)
    edited November 29
    Here's a new and annoying little bug for you guys, anyone else had this before ?

Spent a minute or two waiting for an opponent and watching the spinning wheel spinning, until finally got fed up and left the 9ball mode, went off to play some 1 on 1 instead and suddenly found myself unexpectedly dragged back into a 9ball game without warning !
  • ZogggZoggg Posts: 943 Pool Expert
    The game is frozen, so what happens to my coins and who gets the win?

2zxa9aswvhyn.jpg
    I waited about 15 minutes, refreshed the game and it gave me the win.
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 580 Pool Pro
    Zoggg wrote: »

I've had that happen and what nanny describes. On your situation i didn't wait 15min but about 3min and then refreshed and same thing. I had not lost any coins. Another time, i had MORE coins so it obviously gave the win to me.

Nanny, i've been saying for a WHILE there's either a "hack" that causes lag, or they are trying to browse, download files, something huge that will maybe trip the connection between you and them. I had 4 in a row from Indo yesterday do it but i was TRYING to chalk it up to "maybe internet there was bad today"........but it sure seems awful coincidental doesn't it?

I've had that happen and what nanny describes. On your situation i didn't wait 15min but about 3min and then refreshed and same thing. I had not lost any coins. Another time, i had MORE coins so it obviously gave the win to me.

Nanny, i've been saying for a WHILE there's either a "hack" that causes lag, or they are trying to browse, download files, something huge that will maybe trip the connection between you and them. I had 4 in a row from Indo yesterday do it but i was TRYING to chalk it up to "maybe internet there was bad today"........but it sure seems awful coincidental doesn't it?

OMG I really, really hope they haven't found a way to cheat in the new version already. One of the reasons I have never played high tiers in the old version is because it's full of those dodgy dudes.
    edited November 29
    Like i said, i think new version IS "cheat proof" so far. I think it's an exploitation of lag via some means. I just know after EVERY shot against some of them, i have the "waiting for opponent's response, please do not exit the game" or whatever it says....... and SOMETIMES, they've timed me out with that. Most times shot clock pauses too but i MADE the suggestion because i HAVE seen a couple times where when it comes unfroze, even though shot clock wasn't moving during pause, it "catches up" and i'm out of time already....... I've learned to just HOLD my cursor and shot right where they will be so when it releases i need just draw back and shoot

and i know it offends some but it's HONESTLY said, that it was paki, and indo players......i think ONE, from egypt did that to me once.......or else those poor folks are on dialup still.......two cups and a string? LOL :D
  • G11gamingG11gaming Contributor XDPosts: 3,040 Pool Champion

and i know it offends some but it's HONESTLY said, that it was paki, and indo players......i think ONE, from egypt did that to me once.......or else those poor folks are on dialup still.......two cups and a string? LOL :D
    lolling ... :D
    Like i said, i think new version IS "cheat proof" so far. I think it's an exploitation of lag via some means. I just know after EVERY shot against some of them, i have the "waiting for opponent's response, please do not exit the game" or whatever it says....... and SOMETIMES, they've timed me out with that. Most times shot clock pauses too but i MADE the suggestion because i HAVE seen a couple times where when it comes unfroze, even though shot clock wasn't moving during pause, it "catches up" and i'm out of time already....... I've learned to just HOLD my cursor and shot right where they will be so when it releases i need just draw back and shoot

Actually David, having played literally hundreds and hundreds of friendlies with guys and gals from that part of the world over the past 6+ years I can say with experience that their internet is horribly unreliable.
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Been there, done that.Posts: 2,624 Pool Champion
    Not sure as to the answer to this, so can anyone throw some light on it for us.

A new forum member came on yesterday asking if we could see the legendary cue he was using in the old version. I havent seen anyone mention the fact that those could be used in the old version?

Is it possible for this to happen, or has somebody found a way to do it?

As i say, i dont know the answer, just looking for some clarification on it, cheers.
  • TalhaTalha Posts: 663 Pool Expert
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Here's a new and annoying little bug for you guys, anyone else had this before ?

Spent a minute or two waiting for an opponent and watching the spinning wheel spinning, until finally got fed up and left the 9ball mode, went off to play some 1 on 1 instead and suddenly found myself unexpectedly dragged back into a 9ball game without warning !

That always happens to me.............

COOLOCKER wrote: »
    Not sure as to the answer to this, so can anyone throw some light on it for us.

A new forum member came on yesterday asking if we could see the legendary cue he was using in the old version. I havent seen anyone mention the fact that those could be used in the old version?

Is it possible for this to happen, or has somebody found a way to do it?

As i say, i dont know the answer, just looking for some clarification on it, cheers.

I've posted on it before Coolocker. You don't get the rare, epic, or legendary in the old v . I use the fanatic cue because it's in both and i don't have to remember to go back and switch if i switch v's. When i'd come from new v to old v with Excalibur in hand, it would give me the multimillionaire cue when i got to old V and didn't even NOTICE, lol, til it said "recharge cue for 450k?" (or 400k, whatever it is, more than i wanted to spend :D ).
  • @gowtham@gowtham Posts: 1 New Member
    how to get free coins???
    is it possible???
    @gowtham wrote: »
    how to get free coins???
    is it possible???

you get hourly coins in game, and daily coins in email if you are below like 125 rank or something. i think that is when mine stopped and i think i READ that somewhere.......whether on forums or in game i don't remember. But depending on your VIP status, is how many hourly coins, or daily coins they send link in email for. I DO miss those emails.......lol...... :D
  • MateuszMateusz Posts: 2 New Member
    Minutes ago, I had a weird situation.

I wanted to play in Las Vegas, but after a while of waiting for opponent, I started a game in Tokyo. I'm not sure whether it's a bug or you just got automatically relocated to "lower" room, when there is no anybody available to play.
    Mateusz wrote: »
    Minutes ago, I had a weird situation.

I wanted to play in Las Vegas, but after a while of waiting for opponent, I started a game in Tokyo. I'm not sure whether it's a bug or you just got automatically relocated to "lower" room, when there is no anybody available to play.

it's exactly that. if no one responds in that tier you're waiting and spinning in within i think 30seconds it matches to a player in the next tier down next
    Game is not working properly today.

I can't hit shots with full power, nothing happens when I try.

Using the cursor keys for spin makes the whole screen move up and down

It takes so long to find a new opponent that I have to refresh the game to find one.

Has there been an upgrade today ? If there has, it has failed miserably.
  • *Cheetah Girl**Cheetah Girl* Queen Bee Posts: 758 Pool Expert

It takes so long to find a new opponent that I have to refresh the game to find one.

I have been playing and nothing is wrong with mine. I hope they put arrows up and down on those chat only.

Mine seems to be working ok atm Zoggg