Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

8 Ball Pool in HTML 5 - now in OPEN BETA (Update in 1st post)

Comments

• The Titan!!The Titan!! Posts: 1,974 Pool Champion
    Seems interesting. I've tried it but I wouldn't say that PC version of 8 ball pool should be transformed fully into mobile version. Especially the graphics as already mentioned by some, because after all the updates 8 all pool really changed from what it used to be and the graphics and physics were the only things that are or were still the same. I am also quite sure that the amount of players will decrease at a big amount. I don't even play 8 ball pool anymore and any of the times that I ever played on the mobile version was only for Berlin tier.
    Simply what I'm saying is that the PC version should have only the features of the Mobile version, not physics and graphics.
  • Rami ChabchoubRami Chabchoub Posts: 137 Pool Pro
    abot this much on flash player :)

yes i can't open other programs ...
  • Stefan CiobanuStefan Ciobanu Posts: 13 Pool Player
    all mi programs was close :P Ramic except antivirus :)
  • raofz35178araofz35178a Posts: 1 New Member
  • Stefan CiobanuStefan Ciobanu Posts: 13 Pool Player
    flash player eats up max 600 mb on my pc and beta eats up more then 1600 mb :)
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Bites backPosts: 9,345 Pool Forum VIP
    When I click the link in my email it just sends me to the normal game... what am I doing wrong ?
  • Tejas PantojiTejas Pantoji Posts: 2,079 Pool Champion
    Here is preview of new game
  • F@!QAF@!QA Posts: 18 Pool Player
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    When I click the link in my email it just sends me to the normal game... what am I doing wrong ?

login the account u applied for testing on miniclip first! .. then open the new pool link
    edited December 2016
    F@!QA wrote: »

login the account u applied for testing on miniclip first! .. then open the new pool link

Thanks I will try that, have to log out of here first so I'll be back later to let you know if it worked :)

Edit.
    Well it is rather a long-winded way of logging in but it does work so thank you very much @F@!QA
    Now the only problem is there isn't a single player online in any tier LOL
  • Noor MohammedNoor Mohammed Posts: 165 Pool Pro
    why only Downloading like this ?349648slxp50.png
  • creativehottycreativehotty THE GREAT WHITE NORTHPosts: 1,500 Pool Champion
    lol cause some of us havent been invited
  • Raquel OliveiraRaquel Oliveira Posts: 1,509 admin

Before clicking on the link, were you signed into miniclip.com with the account you will be using for the beta? If you were logged into miniclip.com with a non approved account, it will redirect you onto the normal version of pool web.
    lol cause some of us havent been invited

We will be sending out more email invites very shortly!
  • creativehottycreativehotty THE GREAT WHITE NORTHPosts: 1,500 Pool Champion
    ooh okay thanks, was wondering :#
    N O O R wrote: »

Is it slow or frozen? Have you tried refreshing the page or clearing cache?

Do you have the normal pool web tab open with that account at the same time as trying to open the beta tab? if so, make sure to close the normal pool web tab, or open in in another browser.
    Raquel MC wrote: »

Before clicking on the link, were you signed into miniclip.com with the account you will be using for the beta? If you were logged into miniclip.com with a non approved account, it will redirect you onto the normal version of pool web.

I wasn't logged in at all Raquel, it seems that F@!QA's suggestion is the way that works for me, logging in BEFORE clicking on the link in the email, then close the normal game window when the beta game opens in a new tab.
  • Rowunbeat!Rowunbeat! Posts: 1,445 Pool Champion
    edited December 2016
    Ok, got the link. few things.Played a bit on practice and 2 games in london with another guy.

1. Game's a bit laggy in general on both chrome and firefox I've had the same thing on the old version recently too in this laptop. I only get rid of the lag when I play in focus mode in the old one...
    3. My stats are my mobile stats and not my actual ones, i've 23k games and 66.3% percent. while my normal stats are 18k wins. Although, I don't mind them, I've got an 3.0% increase in my win % :D .Like In mobile it counts each tournament game win in pc twice in stats

3. Maybe a bigger spin circle in a more central position(it's too small and awkward on the top right) would be better without having to press it once to cover your whole screen and put it on. But like it is now in the old version.
    That's one of the good thing the pc version had and one of the annoying things of the mobile version,although i understand its need in mobile .
    It was faster to put spin, and i'm not used to using arrow keys for that, it's hard to put the exact spin you want with arrows in small time.
    A shortcut button,like space, to open automatically it big could be pretty good choice too alternatively.

4. Now in my opinion...I still like the older pc version more. I don't really like the change... Graphics/Physics...it feels more realistic and free-flowing and less arcade in pc. But I understand the move from a business point of view,it's not like I ever paid for anything hehe. Mobile players are more keen for that :)
    Post edited by Rowunbeat! on
    Following on from what Rowunbeat says, I agree the game feels sluggish, like him I have only had a chance to play practice games and tbh anyone who can scratch the cueball when it moves that slowly deserves a slap LOL
    The spin control is awful, no-one needs a pop-up covering the whole of the centre table, pc spin control is FAR superior.
    I will probably have a lot more to say, which won't come as a surprise to anyone that knows me :D once I get the chance to play a few more games.
  • Rowunbeat!Rowunbeat! Posts: 1,445 Pool Champion
    Following on from what Rowunbeat says, I agree the game feels sluggish, like him I have only had a chance to play practice games and tbh anyone who can scratch the cueball when it moves that slowly deserves a slap LOL
    The spin control is awful, no-one needs a pop-up covering the whole of the centre table, pc spin control is FAR superior.

Exactly lol... the only reason a pop-up is needed in mobile is because it's a touch game. you put spin with the finger, and you need a big circle. In pc that's not needed.
  • Noor MohammedNoor Mohammed Posts: 165 Pool Pro
    Raquel MC wrote: »
    N O O R wrote: »

Is it slow or frozen? Have you tried refreshing the page or clearing cache?

Do you have the normal pool web tab open with that account at the same time as trying to open the beta tab? if so, make sure to close the normal pool web tab, or open in in another browser.

i opened it in Firefox :D