Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

8 Ball Pool in HTML 5 - now in OPEN BETA (Update in 1st post)

OhibeansOhibeans Posts: 762 admin
edited June 29 in Community
UPDATE 29/06

We have now released an open beta of the new version of Pool on web, which you can play only on Miniclip.com - head here to try it. As it's open, any account can play without the need to register for approval.

This version includes all the new features that were added in the 3.10 release of the game on mobile, including 9 Ball Tournaments and 9 Ball with friends. Read all about those features here: https://blog.miniclip.com/2017/05/19/8-ball-pool-new-update-free-chat-9-ball-tournaments/

All your stats, balance and items will carry over onto mobile - for example if you open a Surprise Box in the open beta, anything you receive will be in your account when you next open the game on mobile. Purchases are also now enabled.

Please note that the beta does not have Facebook features enabled. This means that gifting and free chat are disabled, and you will not see your Facebook friends on your friends list.

As before, you will only be matched against other players who are also playing the open beta version, not those who are playing the "live" version.

Finally, while we hope that lots of players will check out the open beta, it's entirely optional at this stage. If you want to play the web version of Pool you're familiar with, you can keep doing that on Miniclip or Facebook.
=============

UPDATE 20/03

Hi everyone,

We've taken a lot of feedback on board, and we're now going to be working on some improvements based upon that. In order to do so, we will be closing the beta for the time being, from this Thursday 23 March, at 3pm GMT. After these improvements have taken place, we will return with an open beta which means that everyone will be able to play regardless of whether they are invited or not. This should make it much easier for anyone to enjoy a game.

We don't yet have a timescale for the start of the open beta, but as soon as we do, I'll let you know.

Thanks to everyone who has taken part and provided feedback so far, it is greatly appreciated!

=================

As we draw towards the end of 2016, we’re pleased to announce something that we’ve been working on for 8 Ball Pool on web. The 8 Ball Pool web client, which currently requires Flash to run, has been rewritten to run without the need of a plugin. This means that the differences between the web and mobile versions of the game have been removed, with mobile features like Surprise Boxes, All In and more being available on on this version. It also means that it will be much easier to keep the two versions the same in the future.

This is a huge overhaul of the game on web, and, before we can make it playable for everyone, we are planning to run a closed beta of the new version to test it out and gather feedback from our players. We would love for you to participate.

All we’ll need is your account ID and a valid email address. Please head here and fill in the short form if you’d like to join and be among the first to check out this new version of 8 Ball Pool.

We strongly recommend that you read our FAQs too, and please ask below if you have any further questions.

Any information you provide to Miniclip as part of this beta will be used solely in relation to the beta, including to contact you directly in order to circulate the beta link and the subsequent survey, and will only be stored as long as necessary for this purpose. By requesting to take part in this beta test you consent to Miniclip using your data in this way. Please see our privacy policy for more information about how Miniclip uses your data and your rights in relation to such data: http://www.miniclip.com/games/page/en/privacy-policy/

FAQs

What has changed in this new version of 8 Ball Pool?
8 Ball Pool web client, which currently requires Flash to run, has been completely rewritten to run without the need of a plugin. This also means that the differences between the web and mobile versions of the game have been removed, and it will be much easier in the future to keep the two versions the same.

However, in terms of the actual gameplay of 8 Ball Pool, nothing has changed. The game still has the same physics and rules, and all your skills built up over the years will still (hopefully) bring you victory!

How do I join the beta?
This will be a closed beta, which means you have to apply to take part. We’ll just need your user ID and a valid email address in order to give you access. Click here to view the application form, fill it in, and wait for our reply!

So I play with my existing account?
Yes. The user ID you give us when you apply for the beta is the one you will use when you play. The beta will pull information from our database, so you’ll be playing with your account’s existing cues, items, stats and coins. As this is a beta, glitches can occur (and we would love for you to report them here on this thread if they do), so you may wish to create a new account just for the beta.

Does that mean that I’ll only be playing against people who are also using the beta build?

Yes. As long as you’re using the beta version of 8 Ball Pool, you will only be matched up against other players who are using the same version. You will not play against players who are using the current live Flash version.

You said that this will bring the mobile and web versions of 8 Ball Pool closer together. Does that mean I’ll be able to play against mobile players from my PC?
No, web players will still be matched against web players, and mobile players against mobile players.

What are the system requirements?

This new version of 8 Ball Pool should run on any PC that could run the previous version. As always, we recommend that you ensure that whichever browser you are using is updated to the latest version.

I’ve signed up - when will the beta start?
The beta will likely start towards the end of December / start of January. We will email you on the address you provide as soon as we’re ready to go!

How long will the beta test run?
Around two weeks, although we may end it early or extend it if necessary.

What do I do once I’m in the beta?
Play the game and have fun! We would also greatly appreciate your feedback on what you like and dislike about the new version, along with reports on any bugs you find. All testers will be supplied with a survey to fill out and return to us via email. Please take the time to complete and return this survey once the beta test has ended.

Can I make videos or livestreams of the beta?
You certainly can, and we would love it if you did so. We kindly ask that you please identify any videos as being from the beta, in case anything changes between beta and release.
Post edited by Ohibeans on

Comments

• CaiusCaius Posts: 3 New Member
    This could be a huge improvement to the web version of the game.I've already signed up for the beta, can't wait to see how it turns out, hopefully positive
  • *Cheetah Girl**Cheetah Girl* Posts: 414 Pool Pro
    @Benjo is it required that you have beta for 8 ball pool on pc? If I do not sign up that means i can't play? Thank you in advance . :p
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Been there, done that.Posts: 2,186 Pool Champion
    Yup, im willing to give it a going over. rest assured you will get feedback on glitches etc if any.
  • Rashid JuttRashid Jutt Posts: 5 Pool Player
    what did its mean i don't understand... if we not have the beta verison means i dont login with beta verison then i can't play 8 ball pool on web.... or i can play simply on the web as in the back....
  • Rashid JuttRashid Jutt Posts: 5 Pool Player
    But right now on the web i can't play Pool beacuse every time i login my account it says Oops connection lost what the **** is going on and why?
  • Rami ChabchoubRami Chabchoub Posts: 137 Pool Pro
    edited December 2016
    Good News for PC players :+1: i register and i will test it :#
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Member of the Year 2016Posts: 8,888 Pool Forum VIP
    edited December 2016
    I'm in if you'll have me, I made an alt a few months back that I never used so that will be perfect for test purposes ;)
    Post edited by Nanny Ogg on
  • kiami2015kiami2015 Posts: 9 Pool Player
    Hi guys! I also can't play on PC right now it says that it is trouble connecting to my account. I have a question if i not sign in to beta version will i still be able to play on PC or no? Thanks
    kiami2015 wrote: »
    Hi guys! I also can't play on PC right now it says that it is trouble connecting to my account. I have a question if i not sign in to beta version will i still be able to play on PC or no? Thanks

Yes you will, beta is new and separate from the old pc game and is being tested as a replacement for the old game.
  • kiami2015kiami2015 Posts: 9 Pool Player
    Thanks for info Nanny Ogg :)
  • Eyeball690Eyeball690 Posts: 24 Pool Player
    benjo will you please answer peoples queeries please
  • 81U381U3 Posts: 1,167 Pool Champion
    edited December 2016
    Signed up :smile: so happy to see a large update for PC pool.
    Does this mean no more free friendly matches on PC and table designs though?
    81U3 wrote: »

That's pretty much a given LOL
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »

That's pretty much a given LOL

:( :( The coins part doesn't bother me much but I will miss my custom table designs.

Another two questions I have are:
    Will we have practice mode in PC now?
    Will the graphics change to look like mobile?
  • ZogggZoggg Posts: 794 Pool Expert
    When will the new version of the game be available for everyone?
  • KatyKittyXKatyKittyX aka Crazy mad dotty duckPosts: 3,484 Pool Champion
    Q: Are the all Rangs really coming to PC?

Q: Will the better testers be using test tube cues?

Q: Finally would it be okay to better test just one pool pet to leave inside @Cormac Holdright surprise box? As that would really brighten up his day :)

KatyKittyX wrote: »

Q: Finally would it be okay to better test just one pool pet to leave inside @Cormac Holdright surprise box? As that would really brighten up his day :)

Katy if Cormac is gonna take on the UberKitty at 8bp he might need to change his name to Cormac HoldTight :D
    edited December 2016
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    KatyKittyX wrote: »

Katy if Cormac is gonna take on the UberKitty at 8bp he might need to change his name to Cormac HoldTight :D

Cormac HoldTight haha why...are we playing for one of Aurora's bumpbumpbumpy tourneys again >:)
    Test tube cue cocked, locked and ready to rock.
    8pszr2mtxzcd.png
    Test tube cue cocked, locked and ready to rock.
    8pszr2mtxzcd.png

Aw but Blub mine is brokened :( ..Wana swapsies?