Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

8 Ball Pool in HTML 5 - now in OPEN BETA (Update in 1st post)

Comments

• 81U381U3 Posts: 1,167 Pool Champion
    KatyKittyX wrote: »
    81U3 wrote: »
    Test tube cue cocked, locked and ready to rock.
    8pszr2mtxzcd.png

Aw but Blub mine is brokened :( ..Wana swapsies?
    perhaps you should replace it with this cue :)
    gkl64osqoicr.png
  • KatyKittyXKatyKittyX aka Crazy mad dotty duckPosts: 3,504 Pool Champion
    edited December 2016
    Test tube cue cocked, locked and ready to rock.
    8pszr2mtxzcd.png

Aw but Blub mine is brokened :( ..Wana swapsies?
    perhaps you should replace it with this cue :)
    gkl64osqoicr.png

Haha don't get me started on them slogans again Blub, that Indian person nearly popped last time

Edit..F.A.O Blub:
    q2p121aoupdh.png
    edited December 2016
    Oh, maybe it's better you get this one first just in case a cat happens to bite your tongue after getting the Tungsten cue.
    s1nu86o8p2wm.png
  • Jason_360Jason_360 Posts: 185 Pool Pro
    This sounds promising as a big update for PC users was way overdue. I hope this can close the gap between PC and Mobile...features-wise.
    I feel kinda bad about criticizing Miniclip so much over not updating PC since they've been secretly working on this the whole time. It's great that they are catching us PC players up. Better late than never!
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 4,663 Pool Champion
    edited December 2016
    What's a "BBCode"?

BBCode or Bulletin Board Code is a lightweight markup language used to format posts in many message boards. You use it to do things like bold, underline, text color et al...

I am going to enter the BBCode as you will see it....then take a pic and post it below this so you can see how I did it.... :)
    Bold like this
    Underline like this
    and different text color like this: Text or More text

BBCode_zpssdj6pw3w.jpg

So the above pic is of how all the post looks like using BBCode before I post it... :)
    by any chance will we be refunded pool cash spent on things that will be removed like pool table stuff? I haven't spent much myself but it adds up to quite a lot of cash for those who have all pool table colors/patterns/frames
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 4,663 Pool Champion
    by any chance will we be refunded pool cash spent on things that will be removed like pool table stuff? I haven't spent much myself but it adds up to quite a lot of cash for those who have all pool table colors/patterns/frames

I am afraid the word Refund is not in MiniClips vocabulary..... ;) :D :) :*
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Been there, done that.Posts: 2,186 Pool Champion
    Coolockers reports could be a fun read all over again ;p

He he, dont ya know. But seriously, im looking forward to it if im picked. Im always honest with my posts, but this is serious stuff.
  • Raquel MCRaquel MC Posts: 1,503 admin
    @Benjo is it required that you have beta for 8 ball pool on pc? If I do not sign up that means i can't play? Thank you in advance . :p

Not at all. You can play normally the web version normally if you are not part of the beta.
    But right now on the web i can't play Pool beacuse every time i login my account it says Oops connection lost what the **** is going on and why?

Please create a ticket with our Customer Support team and title it: Ooops connection lost message and explain the issue on the body of text.
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Signed up :smile: so happy to see a large update for PC pool.
    Does this mean no more free friendly matches on PC and table designs though?

That's pretty much a given LOL

:( :( The coins part doesn't bother me much but I will miss my custom table designs.

Another two questions I have are:
    Will we have practice mode in PC now?
    Will the graphics change to look like mobile?

We want the PC version and the Mobile version to be as close together as possible. however we do not have a definitive answer for those questions right now. Once the beta is live, we will ask for the feedback of everyone testing it. That will help us decide the finish product.
    Zoggg wrote: »
    When will the new version of the game be available for everyone?

We are taking one thing at a time. For now, everyone is welcome to sign into the beta.
    I feel kinda bad about criticizing Miniclip so much over not updating PC since they've been secretly working on this the whole time. It's great that they are catching us PC players up. Better late than never!

I appreciate that.
  • Rowunbeat!Rowunbeat! Posts: 1,428 Pool Champion
    Hey - I asked to join. Hope it'll make the game more playable in the highest tiers.
    One question,will the graphics and the physics of the game be kept the same, or they'll change and be like mobile?
    what did its mean i don't understand... if we not have the beta verison means i dont login with beta verison then i can't play 8 ball pool on web.... or i can play simply on the web as in the back....

You will not be restricted to only playing the beta version if you sign up. You will always be able to play the beta and the normal version of pool web.
  • omgsunomgsun Posts: 2,239 Pool Champion
    But right now on the web i can't play Pool beacuse every time i login my account it says Oops connection lost what the **** is going on and why?

You dont have to use it, u can still use the old one until the working version is released, and the connection thing is either ur internet or some server
  • kayani85856ckayani85856c Posts: 43 Pool Player
    what is beta
  • argsargsargsargsargsargs Posts: 174 Pool Pro
    Just filled application. HTML5 version is a pleasant surprise, I was sure that once flash is obsolete PC-version is gone forever.
    Only browser in Linux that has flash up-to-date is chrome, can't wait to use firefox for 8-ball pool :)
    what is beta

In this particular case, the beta is a not yet finished version of 8 Ball Pool for web, using HTML, that will be temporarily open for testing for users who sign up and agree to be part of it.