Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

( 2017 ) 8 Ball Tournament - Fair Players

The-IndianThe-Indian Posts: 1,806 Pool Champion
edited February 5 in Tournaments
"Fair Players" single elimination 8 ball tournament for PC players.

Every round is race to 6 (win by 2) which mean 6-4, 7-5, 8-6, 9-7... In case of draw, match will continue untill one wins by 2 racks.

Post your game name & time zone to enter the tournament. You can discuss about timings here or post message on your opponent's wall or private message.

Rules are below:

Any cue.
Miniclip 8 ball.
Flukes are allowed.
Time-limit will be posted soon.

:) It's a friendly tournament to have a nice time & all are invited to participate! :)

Comments

• The ScobesterThe Scobester Posts: 2,214 Pool Champion
    In as the scobester 2, would like to try the sniper cue, in the UK time zone, thanks. :)
  • Gigi AronGigi Aron Posts: 117 Pool Pro
    Gigi,in the uk time zone :)
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Been there, done that.Posts: 2,289 Pool Champion
    Might as well have a crack at it. UK time zone also. Coolocker.
    y0mcjz5jd6ir.gif
  • M A G ! C A L !!M A G ! C A L !! Posts: 612 Pool Expert
  • FeetrexFeetrex Posts: 150 Pool Pro
    In As Feetrex Will Try to use mostly ice cue o:)
  • ZogggZoggg Posts: 852 Pool Expert
    In

Zoggg

GMT timezone
  • *Aurora**Aurora* youtoo?Posts: 6,033 Pool Forum VIP
    *Aurora* in @GMT +2
  • usman_mobiusman_mobi Posts: 50 Pool Player
    in

usman_mobi

gmt + 5
  • SpectralDancerSpectralDancer Posts: 67 Pool Player
    In as Mielen, GMT -3.
    I'll probably use Standard Cue.
  • cueninja1975cueninja1975 Posts: 241 Pool Pro
    how is it fair if you can use any cue? surely to be fair cues should be the same?
  • cueninja1975cueninja1975 Posts: 241 Pool Pro
    3,3,3 is standard in competition
  • The-IndianThe-Indian Posts: 1,806 Pool Champion
    edited February 7
    how is it fair if you can use any cue? surely to be fair cues should be the same?

Why not?

I think it's fair because of the two main reasons.

First, players who use standard/3-3-3 cues only they are expert in it which put others on disadvantage because every player has expertise in at least one cue. It's unfair to take that option away from them who don't use standard cue. That's why we don't see new players winning the tournaments but same old players because they aren't restricted to use that cue which they can handle better compare to the others.

Second, players with new accounts don't have standard cues/3-3-3 anymore. Instead they get beginner cue by default which is quite useless in my opinion, especially when it comes to the spin.

Note: There will be variety of tournaments in the future with different rules.
    3,3,3 is standard in competition

It's nowhere written that standard is the only cue we could use in the tournaments. We make rules, rules don't make people.
    --albin-- wrote: »
    and who sets the standards? isnt that a good question? :D

People.
    you have some good points there, but still, to have a fair competition there should be some restrictions, alone the differences at the break make it unfair, not to talk about the guideline advantages!
    but hey, when ppl are happy that way, why not....... only i wouldnt join such a tourney!

I understand your concern but not all players have the same collection of cues. Many players don't even have any of premium cues which include freshers.
    edited February 7
    do you think, those who doesnt have any premium cues would have fun playing such a tourneys when they have to face the galaxies? thats why i meant restrict it to a certain amount of bars....... so everyone still could choose without having too much disadvantage and it would take the high end cues out!

I already explained freshers don't have standard cues. At least, all cues option will give them benefit to select any cue of their choice from their collection. And who said that with Galaxy cue there is a gauranteed win?

If you referring to the easy denials then high tier tables are programmed differently because you don't get that much denials on the small tiers as much you get on the high tiers by using the same cue & there is a noticeably difference.
    edited February 7
    lol you dont get it........
    isnt that excactly what im saying with a barrestriction? u only would take out the high end cues

If you say so.

But just to clear your confusion. Here is an example for you-

I know somebody who is on the 55 level & he is a below average player with the percentage of 43.4. But he doesn't mind spending on this game & always buy bunch of coins. As a result, he has all high end cues which players could get it with coins like Black Hole, Multimillionaire etc. And, these high end cues are suitable match against Galaxy like cues. Unlike him there are many players around who don't have premium cues but all cues of "standard" category in the cues section of pool shop.

According to me, he is still a fresher since he has only one account & he doesn't have any idea how to use spin. He just shoot & play for fun, no competition etc. Consider it as time pass.

Post edited by The-Indian on
  • The ScobesterThe Scobester Posts: 2,214 Pool Champion
    Hehe, only ever used super cues in jakarta and above not because it is needed, but amazing how many unforced errors your opponent makes thinking about the cue. Anyways was only jesting, being a fair player would always try and match the cue my opponent was using, not much fun
    otherwise...so scobe will not be using the sniper cue in this tournament, unless I am playing Zogg
    .lol. B)
    edited February 7
    Hehe, only ever used super cues in jakarta and above not because it is needed, but amazing how many unforced errors your opponent makes thinking about the cue. Anyways was only jesting, being a fair player would always try and match the cue my opponent was using, not much fun
    otherwise...so scobe will not be using the sniper cue in this tournament, unless I am playing Zogg
    .lol. B)

If we would play against each other in the tournament then I can try Sniper.
  • Masta_BlastaMasta_Blasta Posts: 3 New Member
    DOn't Want To Join Again AT PC Ameer Khan
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online11

Carl Tales
Carl Tales
R E B E L S
R E B E L S
SHOHAG HUSSAIN
SHOHAG HUSSAIN
+8 Guests