Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

NEW: 9 Ball Mode coming to mobile

OhibeansOhibeans Posts: 762 admin
We're pleased to announce that we're bringing a long-requested feature to 8 Ball Pool, in the form of 9 Ball mode.

Find out all about it here: http://blog.miniclip.com/2017/02/15/9ballmode/
This new multiplayer game mode will let you play 9 Ball in 8 Ball Pool. Standard 9 ball rules apply: balls must be potted in numerical order (from 1 to 9). The first player to legally pot the 9 Ball wins the game. This can happen by either being the only ball on the table (after potting the 8 Ball, for instance) or by a combination shot. You can pull off a combination shot on any object ball – as long as you hit that ball first, you can flick in the 9 Ball and nick the win. This opens up a whole new level of skill and tactics in what’s sure to be a fast-paced game mode.

table-1024x583.jpg

Comments

• SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,019 Pool Forum VIP
    edited February 15
    Very Nice!.....Finally.... ;) :)

One question......is it presented as a Flash game?.....or is it HTML?...... :*

Or...most likely, is it just on mobile?.... :s

(I guess that is technically 3 questions.... B) ....)

Edit: Just to let you know....it has been more than two weeks now since I have seen the Adobe alert now....so thanks for fixing that.... :)

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif
    Post edited by Sunidhifan on
  • creativehottycreativehotty THE GREAT WHITE NORTHPosts: 1,409 Pool Champion
    yeah just mobile ofc :/
  • KʌsʜɩʆKʌsʜɩʆ Posts: 5 New Member
  • KʌsʜɩʆKʌsʜɩʆ Posts: 5 New Member
    How much is Maximum bet ?
  • kunal908kunal908 Posts: 3,605 Pool Champion
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    One question......is it presented as a Flash game?.....or is it HTML?...... :*

Or...most likely, is it just on mobile?.... :s

(I guess that is technically 3 questions.... B) ....)
    Here’s a breakdown of the three new features arriving on your Android or iOS device later this month.

3tf7lnxcng7n.png

1. No 2. No
    3. Yes, and always will be I believe

Android devices - https://www.android.com/phones/
    iOS devices - http://www.apple.com/iphone/ , http://www.apple.com/ipad/

K
    Oh... well....then of no interest to me whatsoever.... :|

Thanks for the response @Benjo ....much appreciated.... ;)

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif
  • *Aurora**Aurora* youtoo?Posts: 6,045 Pool Forum VIP
    Oh no... what a hook to make me finally turn to a tablet player... :o
  • Jason_360Jason_360 Posts: 190 Pool Pro
    Wow, this brings the game to a whole new perspective :o ...but once again, MC is leaving PC players in the dark... :/
    Jason_360 wrote: »
    Wow, this brings the game to a whole new perspective :o ...but once again, MC is leaving PC players in the dark... :/

So true.... :/

Which is especially sad to me since it was PC players that made the game a big enough hit to become the massive cash cow it is for MiniClip..... :*

But I will admit that it is mobile players who spend all the real money on the game....so it makes a lot of sense for MC....

Business 101 - Follow the money....to make money.... ;)

Still strongly dislike being treated like a second-class citizen though..... :s

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif
  • SilentR4ySilentR4y Machismo Town Posts: 2,441 Pool Champion
    This is a back-to-basics 8 Ball Pool – classic cue and table design for both players, no coins at stake, pure gameplay and pure fun. Hope you enjoy.

Hmm, interesting...
  • SilentR4ySilentR4y Machismo Town Posts: 2,441 Pool Champion
    edited February 16

Which is especially sad to me since it was PC players that made the game a big enough hit to become the massive cash cow it is for MiniClip..... :*

But I will admit that it is mobile players who spend all the real money on the game....so it makes a lot of sense for MC....

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif

The whole point of launching HTML version was
    As we draw towards the end of 2016, we’re pleased to announce something that we’ve been working on for 8 Ball Pool on web. The 8 Ball Pool web client, which currently requires Flash to run, has been rewritten to run without the need of a plugin. This means that the differences between the web and mobile versions of the game have been removed, with mobile features like Surprise Boxes, All In and more being available on on this version. It also means that it will be much easier to keep the two versions the same in the future.

So when HTML version will be officially launched you will get this update too, just wait when they fix all the bugs they have now, you can help them by properly reporting bugs, that is what beta means.
    edited February 16
    SilentR4y wrote: »

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif

The whole point of launching HTML version was
    As we draw towards the end of 2016, we’re pleased to announce something that we’ve been working on for 8 Ball Pool on web. The 8 Ball Pool web client, which currently requires Flash to run, has been rewritten to run without the need of a plugin. This means that the differences between the web and mobile versions of the game have been removed, with mobile features like Surprise Boxes, All In and more being available on on this version. It also means that it will be much easier to keep the two versions the same in the future.

So when HTML version will be officially launched you will get this update too, just wait when they fix all the bugs they have now, you can help them by properly reporting bugs, that is what beta means.

They have not listened to us since they prohibited the developers from interacting with the players back in 2012.......at least in my opinion......
    I strongly believe they will get some of the bugs fixed no doubt...as well as better security....but in the end, they will release the product they want to that will ultimately more resemble and perform like the mobile versions already do..... ;) .....
    I tried the HTML once near the very beginning and did not like the 'feel' at all.....but unless we can interact directly with the developers in discussions regarding the game, it is a futile endeavor to bother posting......This is one area where Indirect is NOT best IMO....lol....players and developers need direct interaction for proper results....
    But again, that is just my personal opinion and means nothing to anyone other than me....I have no delusions otherwise..... :*

I wish them nothing but the best in their replication efforts..... :)

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif
  • Rami ChabchoubRami Chabchoub Posts: 137 Pool Pro
    @Sunidhifan old will not be back ;) ... We are now in the era of mobile phones Games!
    and mc in competition with other companies ..
    More money .. more developers .. more Update :)
    edited February 16
    @Rami Chabchoub ....Lol....I have no expectations at all to see the old come back ....that would be delusional........ ;)

I know where the future lies.....have no doubt of that.... :*

But I do not have like it......or fade quietly from the picture without sharing my opinion on it .....lol....

Even a victim in a hopeless drowning situation screams.....regardless if there are others there to hear it.... B)
    Or are incapable of doing anything if they do hear it.... :#

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif
    edited February 16
    you mean this @Sunidhifan PC players :D
    jz96mdcke6mo.jpg

edited February 16
    Lol.... :D

Yeah.....only my hands are far more wrinkled looking ..... :* :)
    and not from water..... :D

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif
  • BhevnasaBhevnasa Posts: 136 Pool Pro
    A moment of silence for the day i last seen the toronto jakarta and las Vegas tournament on PC.Throwback to 2011 :')
    edited February 16
    @Benjo What about Snooker Mode After 9 Ball Mode :p
    Bhevnasa wrote: »
    A moment of silence for the day i last seen the toronto jakarta and las Vegas tournament on PC.Throwback to 2011 :')
    What About this ? :p
    udvvq98cgahc.png

• G11gamingG11gaming It's all good :) Posts: 2,491 Pool Champion
    It's quite clear that the mobile version of 8 ball is far more superior and generates a lot more money for MC. Money talks and my guess is that the PC version will slowly fade out, but hold on why are they launching a new PC beta!? I don't think MC have forgotten about its loyal pc based fans that helped get this game to where it is now. :p