Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

NEW: 9 Ball Mode coming to mobile

Comments

• Rami ChabchoubRami Chabchoub Posts: 137 Pool Pro
    edited February 16
  • SilentR4ySilentR4y Machismo Town Posts: 2,441 Pool Champion
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    SilentR4y wrote: »
    Jason_360 wrote: »
    Wow, this brings the game to a whole new perspective :o ...but once again, MC is leaving PC players in the dark... :/

So true.... :/

Which is especially sad to me since it was PC players that made the game a big enough hit to become the massive cash cow it is for MiniClip..... :*

But I will admit that it is mobile players who spend all the real money on the game....so it makes a lot of sense for MC....

Business 101 - Follow the money....to make money.... ;)

Still strongly dislike being treated like a second-class citizen though..... :s

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif

The whole point of launching HTML version was
    As we draw towards the end of 2016, we’re pleased to announce something that we’ve been working on for 8 Ball Pool on web. The 8 Ball Pool web client, which currently requires Flash to run, has been rewritten to run without the need of a plugin. This means that the differences between the web and mobile versions of the game have been removed, with mobile features like Surprise Boxes, All In and more being available on on this version. It also means that it will be much easier to keep the two versions the same in the future.

So when HTML version will be officially launched you will get this update too, just wait when they fix all the bugs they have now, you can help them by properly reporting bugs, that is what beta means.

They have not listened to us since they prohibited the developers from interacting with the players back in 2012.......at least in my opinion......
    I strongly believe they will get some of the bugs fixed no doubt...as well as better security....but in the end, they will release the product they want to that will ultimately more resemble and perform like the mobile versions already do..... ;) .....
    I tried the HTML once near the very beginning and did not like the 'feel' at all.....but unless we can interact directly with the developers in discussions regarding the game, it is a futile endeavor to bother posting......This is one area where Indirect is NOT best IMO....lol....players and developers need direct interaction for proper results....
    But again, that is just my personal opinion and means nothing to anyone other than me....I have no delusions otherwise..... :*

I wish them nothing but the best in their replication efforts..... :)

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif

Why you need devs interaction? They probably are not the ones who decide how to run market system, which is judging by your obsession with fecal matter are your major issue with the game. Many other so-cal bugs you and others are sick of, are simply problems on your end, teleportation bug, time running out, the one where you reported weird table cloth (cushions were different color than the table) it's all connection issue, that one about flash storage is not a problem at all, that is how flash works.
  • kunal908kunal908 Posts: 3,605 Pool Champion
    edited February 16
    The HTML5 technology well suited for creating browser based games...HTML5 is an open technology. It doesn’t cost anything and technically only requires a simple text editor to code in. Since Adobe Flash is "dying", companies with products that runs on flash technology are finding another form of something services....YouTube, by far its biggest customer, decided to stop offering up its videos using Flash and instead moved over to HTML5 on all browsers. The HTML5 version of 8 Ball Pool cost the company as much as "Best Deal" option when you're making a purchase on pool for cash/coins....I'm not sure if developers can ever make the "feel" PC players are used to in the new HTML5 version, as HTML is different from Flash...

1ixgui99anoc.png
    G11gaming wrote: »
    It's quite clear that the mobile version of 8 ball is far more superior and generates a lot more money for MC. Money talks and my guess is that the PC version will slowly fade out, but hold on why are they launching a new PC beta!? I don't think MC have forgotten about its loyal pc based fans that helped get this game to where it is now. :p

Like I request MC, it's been five year please change the look of your webpages.... :D not a big deal..

image21.png
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,009 Pool Forum VIP
    edited February 16

Why you need devs interaction? They probably are not the ones who decide how to run market system, which is judging by your obsession with fecal matter are your major issue with the game. Many other so-cal bugs you and others are sick of, are simply problems on your end, teleportation bug, time running out, the one where you reported weird table cloth (cushions were different color than the table) it's all connection issue, that one about flash storage is not a problem at all, that is how flash works.

To work with the developers in working out bugs and problems (which according to you are nothing but connection issues, so why bother...lol..)requires direct communication in my opinion.....for me to post an issue here for someone else to pass on to the developers and then get absolutely no feedback from the developers or the ability to clarify a given issue in real time is important to resolve such issues.....IMO....
    As an aside, I did software quality assurance operational functionality stress/overload testing and debugging as an employee of Science Applications International Corporation on military data systems for 6 years after I got out of the US Navy....which required face-to-face consultations between the software and hardware developers of various systems and the end-users to successfully facilitate integration and implement correctional matters....we did not pass on our findings through a third party to interpret for us..... :p so I have a bit of experience in "beta" testing procedures..... B)
    If you actually bothered to read what I wrote, instead of just assuming you know everything about how business operates, you would have noticed that I very clearly stated that the company will put out the product they want, regardless of what us players or the developers think about it....I just condensed it a bit since I am well aware of the fact that I can get a bit 'wordy' at times....but sometimes that is necessary to make ones points clear to all....apparently I failed this time...
    But please, feel free to show me your MBA and I will possibly admit you might know more about how business operates than I do.... ;) ...or alternately share with me that you are a MiniClip employee/contractor and have access to further information than the rest of us... :p

My "obsession" with the shiny golden pieces of fecal matter as you so eloquently say, is based upon the fact that those are exactly the cause of all the nefarious players showing up and engaging in their oh so joyous activities....without those little objects you apparently adore, we would not have that as such a huge problem..(although I would not be surprised to discover you are of the camp that believe there are no nefarious activities....but can all be explained by just problems with things on "our" end).......not to mention the fact that MiniClip itself when I first found it was a site specifically focused on games for kids....Kids have no need for an introduction to gambling and it's associated bad influences...i.e. greed and corruption and the incentive to cheat to get more...of a useless virtual product.... :s

As to what Southern-California (so-cal) has to do with anything I have no idea, so will presume you meant so-called bugs that I and others are sick of is a totally different matter....I find it very interesting that you feel you are another one of those little wannabe know-it-alls who believe all problems are connection issues on "our" ends.....I have been playing this little game since 2010, and for three years we did not experience hardly any of these "connection issues" as you so blithely put it...they did not manifest themselves until after the increased service load of more players participating in the game which required adding more servers and became even more rampant after the introduction of the coins (gag) and the gambling elements of the game....more features, especially ones added without thorough testing, by nature, makes for more bugs....simple fact of technology...... :*

As to the Adobe Flash alert asking for more space - I find it even more interesting that you say "that is how flash works".....nay, not just interesting, but outright ignorant false bravado bluster....tbh.....I never once saw that alert pop-up in 5 and a half years of playing the game...then suddenly it starts happening on a regular basis...as a result, I posted about it....and after about two weeks of continuous requests from myself and others for clarity on the issue, Benjo finally stated that it was an issue related to new advertising offers being made available and all we had to do was deny it...which did not work in making it stop.....it continued to pop-up after every action requiring exchange of information between my system and the game site.....And as of two weeks ago now, has stopped altogether again......How interesting that "the way flash works" as you say, only occured during a relatively short period of time (overall in relation to the game), was explained by the company as being a new issue related to advertising offers being implemented at the time and has now stopped again....Seems like an awful funny way for 'the way flash works" to operate..... :*

But I do appreciate your attempts at "enlightening me" with your vast knowledge of how all things work.....I feel oh so much better now.... :* ...Thanks...

Good luck and have fun..... :)

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif

Post edited by Sunidhifan on
  • ApepdraculApepdracul Posts: 33 New Member
    kunal908 wrote: »
    The HTML5 technology well suited for creating browser based games...HTML5 is an open technology. It doesn’t cost anything and technically only requires a simple text editor to code in. Since Adobe Flash is "dying", companies with products that runs on flash technology are finding another form of something services....YouTube, by far its biggest customer, decided to stop offering up its videos using Flash and instead moved over to HTML5 on all browsers. The HTML5 version of 8 Ball Pool cost the company as much as "Best Deal" option when you're making a purchase on pool for cash/coins....I'm not sure if developers can ever make the "feel" PC players are used to in the new HTML5 version, as HTML is different from Flash...

1ixgui99anoc.png
    It's quite clear that the mobile version of 8 ball is far more superior and generates a lot more money for MC. Money talks and my guess is that the PC version will slowly fade out, but hold on why are they launching a new PC beta!? I don't think MC have forgotten about its loyal pc based fans that helped get this game to where it is now. :p

Like I request MC, it's been five year please change the look of your webpages.... :D not a big deal..

image21.png
    maxresdefault.jpg

B)
  • Old RockerOld Rocker Posts: 12 Pool Player

To work with the developers in working out bugs and problems (which according to you are nothing but connection issues, so why bother...lol..)requires direct communication in my opinion.....for me to post an issue here for someone else to pass on to the developers and then get absolutely no feedback from the developers or the ability to clarify a given issue in real time is important to resolve such issues.....IMO....
    As an aside, I did software quality assurance operational functionality stress/overload testing and debugging as an employee of Science Applications International Corporation on military data systems for 6 years after I got out of the US Navy....which required face-to-face consultations between the software and hardware developers of various systems and the end-users to successfully facilitate integration and implement correctional matters....we did not pass on our findings through a third party to interpret for us..... :p so I have a bit of experience in "beta" testing procedures..... B)
    If you actually bothered to read what I wrote, instead of just assuming you know everything about how business operates, you would have noticed that I very clearly stated that the company will put out the product they want, regardless of what us players or the developers think about it....I just condensed it a bit since I am well aware of the fact that I can get a bit 'wordy' at times....but sometimes that is necessary to make ones points clear to all....apparently I failed this time...
    But please, feel free to show me your MBA and I will possibly admit you might know more about how business operates than I do.... ;) ...or alternately share with me that you are a MiniClip employee/contractor and have access to further information than the rest of us... :p

My "obsession" with the shiny golden pieces of fecal matter as you so eloquently say, is based upon the fact that those are exactly the cause of all the nefarious players showing up and engaging in their oh so joyous activities....without those little objects you apparently adore, we would not have that as such a huge problem..(although I would not be surprised to discover you are of the camp that believe there are no nefarious activities....but can all be explained by just problems with things on "our" end).......not to mention the fact that MiniClip itself when I first found it was a site specifically focused on games for kids....Kids have no need for an introduction to gambling and it's associated bad influences...i.e. greed and corruption and the incentive to cheat to get more...of a useless virtual product.... :s

As to what Southern-California (so-cal) has to do with anything I have no idea, so will presume you meant so-called bugs that I and others are sick of is a totally different matter....I find it very interesting that you feel you are another one of those little wannabe know-it-alls who believe all problems are connection issues on "our" ends.....I have been playing this little game since 2010, and for three years we did not experience hardly any of these "connection issues" as you so blithely put it...they did not manifest themselves until after the increased service load of more players participating in the game which required adding more servers and became even more rampant after the introduction of the coins (gag) and the gambling elements of the game....more features, especially ones added without thorough testing, by nature, makes for more bugs....simple fact of technology...... :*

As to the Adobe Flash alert asking for more space - I find it even more interesting that you say "that is how flash works".....nay, not just interesting, but outright ignorant false bravado bluster....tbh.....I never once saw that alert pop-up in 5 and a half years of playing the game...then suddenly it starts happening on a regular basis...as a result, I posted about it....and after about two weeks of continuous requests from myself and others for clarity on the issue, Benjo finally stated that it was an issue related to new advertising offers being made available and all we had to do was deny it...which did not work in making it stop.....it continued to pop-up after every action requiring exchange of information between my system and the game site.....And as of two weeks ago now, has stopped altogether again......How interesting that "the way flash works" as you say, only occured during a relatively short period of time (overall in relation to the game), was explained by the company as being a new issue related to advertising offers being implemented at the time and has now stopped again....Seems like an awful funny way for 'the way flash works" to operate..... :*

But I do appreciate your attempts at "enlightening me" with your vast knowledge of how all things work.....I feel oh so much better now.... :* ...Thanks...

Good luck and have fun..... :)

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif

ltig6ngl9v65.jpg
    Somebody got burned :D
  • Unleash The FuryUnleash The Fury Posts: 402 Pool Pro

Call me naive. But how does the mobile game generate more money than the PC game? Both games are free to play aren't they?

I'm not doubting the assertion as I've heard it said many times, but I just don't get how.
    edited February 16

Call me naive. But how does the mobile game generate more money than the PC game? Both games are free to play aren't they?

I'm not doubting the assertion as I've heard it said many times, but I just don't get how.

You can download 8 Ball Pool on Android/iOS for free:
    Android download link - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miniclip.eightballpool
    iOS download link - http://www.miniclip.com/iphone/appstore.php?id=543186831&src=web&app_name=8-Ball-Pool

There are a lot of factors that will play into this. A game on Android/iOS with at least fewer daily downloads earns minimum $0-$1 in revenue.......for games with better download rates, 5000-10000, daily can get as much as $10 (a day)...as of 17 February, 8 Ball Pool by Miniclip ranked in revenue #2 in US for iOS devices with $162,000, and about 170,000+ (a day) new unique installs, only in iOS...though iOS operating system don't have as many users as Android does, then think about it's daily revenue combining both Android iOS as much as $500,000+

90w26cxuhjuy.jpg

So mobile games are free and are not...while you don't have to pay for the games, most free games (Agar.io on Android/iOS) include ads, those can also give the company a nice little revenue boost....games like Paper.io Agar.io Slither.io (in-game ads) ....continues, on an average makes a revenue of $100,000 daily..where real money comes in, is "in-app purchases", for in-game perks - to boost your gaming performance/how it looks...90% of mobile game users make little to no purchase and just plays for free...but the remaining 10% spend billions of real money, yes...according to the Wall Street Journal, a single hooked player can spend up to $100 a month....it's all about making the"Feel" players wants, that is why HTML5 pool needs more work on it...as you won't spend as much as $1000 on pool if the game doesn't suits you or makes the feel you're comfortable with/always wanting for you...pool by miniclip is an example of how game development works in today...designs (cues, tables), modes/tiers you play on (guidelines, no guidelines, 9 ball), game play feel (so far the best online free pool game - Android/iOS/PC), creating enjoyable experience, cues with batteries (recharge-to-play, quite equivalent to pay-to-play, once you're out of coins recharging your cue, buy more coins), they're not doing charity rather the goal is to trick users pay pay real cash...only if you want to boost your gaming performance, have an legal unfair advantage againt other players, more chances of winning....the game is still free to play...and always will be. :)

K
  • Unleash The FuryUnleash The Fury Posts: 402 Pool Pro

Android download link - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.miniclip.eightballpool
    iOS download link - http://www.miniclip.com/iphone/appstore.php?id=543186831&src=web&app_name=8-Ball-Pool

There are a lot of factors that will play into this. A game on Android/iOS with at least fewer daily downloads earns minimum $0-$1 in revenue.......for games with better download rates, 5000-10000, daily can get as much as $10 (a day)...as of 17 February, 8 Ball Pool by Miniclip ranked in revenue #2 in US for iOS devices with $162,000, and about 170,000+ (a day) new unique installs, only in iOS...though iOS operating system don't have as many users as Android does, then think about it's daily revenue combining both Android iOS as much as $500,000+

90w26cxuhjuy.jpg

So mobile games are free and are not...while you don't have to pay for the games, most free games (Agar.io on Android/iOS) include ads, those can also give the company a nice little revenue boost....games like Paper.io Agar.io Slither.io (in-game ads) ....continues, on an average makes a revenue of $100,000 daily..where real money comes in, is "in-app purchases", for in-game perks - to boost your gaming performance/how it looks...90% of mobile game users make little to no purchase and just plays for free...but the remaining 10% spend billions of real money, yes...according to the Wall Street Journal, a single hooked player can spend up to $100 a month....it's all about making the"Feel" players wants, that is why HTML5 pool needs more work on it...as you won't spend as much as $1000 on pool if the game doesn't suits you or makes the feel you're comfortable with/always wanting for you...pool by miniclip is an example of how game development works in today...designs (cues, tables), modes/tiers you play on (guidelines, no guidelines, 9 ball), game play feel (so far the best online free pool game - Android/iOS/PC), creating enjoyable experience, cues with batteries (recharge-to-play, quite equivalent to pay-to-play, once you're out of coins recharging your cue, buy more coins), they're not doing charity rather the goal is to trick users pay pay real cash...only if you want to boost your gaming performance, have an legal unfair advantage againt other players, more chances of winning....the game is still free to play...and always will be. :)

K

Ok thanks. So is the incentive for moving the PC game onto HTML just driven by the fact that Flash costs money and HTML doesn't?
  • ApepdraculApepdracul Posts: 33 New Member
    + 1 Kunal908. Free to play and also, pay to win. :D >:)
  • 10k             10k Posts: 1,709 Pool Champion
    edited February 16
    NICE
    Really excited but is it going to be free or with coins? Or offline?
    And what about moving up the all in limit?!
    edited February 17

90w26cxuhjuy.jpg

K

Ok thanks. So is the incentive for moving the PC game onto HTML just driven by the fact that Flash costs money and HTML doesn't?

Not just because it requires close to no money, but Adobe discontinued to making any further updates to it (told everyone to stop using the player) as well as big browsers like chrome, firefox announced it won't support flash player anymore...so MC used HTML5 as an alternative standard to replace pool...(and not unity web player..lol)
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Been there, done that.Posts: 2,289 Pool Champion
    It's quite clear that the mobile version of 8 ball is far more superior

Thats all a matter of opinion. Im guessing the only reason you state this is because the mobile version has more bells and whistles to it than the PC version?

I have played both, and in my opinion the PC version is far superior in the true feel of the game than the mobile version. As i said, all a matter of opinion.

y0mcjz5jd6ir.gif
    edited February 17
    @COOLOCKER ...

As I see it....

The PC version as it is on Flash is the billiards purists game..... ;)

The mobile version is the bells and whistles lovers game.... :* ...i. e - Gamers....

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Been there, done that.Posts: 2,289 Pool Champion
    @COOLOCKER ...

As I see it....

The PC version as it is on Flash is the billiards purists game..... ;)

The mobile version is the bells and whistles lovers game.... :* ...i. e - Gamers....

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif

Spot on Jeff, couldnt agree more.
    y0mcjz5jd6ir.gif
    I'm lovin' the PC game, but I'm unable to play it anywhere I wish to..

Oh wait..

Woohoo!

Thank you Miniclip,
    K
    edited February 17
    Nicely done @Rami Chabchoub ....Bravo!.... ;) :)
    edited February 17
    @kunal908 yes i know how pot 9 Ball with 2 shots , (like in kilkiju video)
    but in break you need pot any ball to continue your turn ..
    BTW , Nice WORLD RECORD :p B)
    my english...... :(
    Nicely done @Rami Chabchoub ....Bravo!.... ;) :)
    Thanks o:)
    hcatgpanxj3a.png