Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

NEW: 9 Ball Mode coming to mobile

Comments

• SilentR4ySilentR4y Machismo Town Posts: 2,440 Pool Champion
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    SilentR4y wrote: »

Why you need devs interaction? They probably are not the ones who decide how to run market system, which is judging by your obsession with fecal matter are your major issue with the game. Many other so-cal bugs you and others are sick of, are simply problems on your end, teleportation bug, time running out, the one where you reported weird table cloth (cushions were different color than the table) it's all connection issue, that one about flash storage is not a problem at all, that is how flash works.

To work with the developers in working out bugs and problems (which according to you are nothing but connection issues, so why bother...lol..)requires direct communication in my opinion.....for me to post an issue here for someone else to pass on to the developers and then get absolutely no feedback from the developers or the ability to clarify a given issue in real time is important to resolve such issues.....IMO....
    As an aside, I did software quality assurance operational functionality stress/overload testing and debugging as an employee of Science Applications International Corporation on military data systems for 6 years after I got out of the US Navy....which required face-to-face consultations between the software and hardware developers of various systems and the end-users to successfully facilitate integration and implement correctional matters....we did not pass on our findings through a third party to interpret for us..... :p so I have a bit of experience in "beta" testing procedures..... B)
    If you actually bothered to read what I wrote, instead of just assuming you know everything about how business operates, you would have noticed that I very clearly stated that the company will put out the product they want, regardless of what us players or the developers think about it....I just condensed it a bit since I am well aware of the fact that I can get a bit 'wordy' at times....but sometimes that is necessary to make ones points clear to all....apparently I failed this time...
    But please, feel free to show me your MBA and I will possibly admit you might know more about how business operates than I do.... ;) ...or alternately share with me that you are a MiniClip employee/contractor and have access to further information than the rest of us... :p

My "obsession" with the shiny golden pieces of fecal matter as you so eloquently say, is based upon the fact that those are exactly the cause of all the nefarious players showing up and engaging in their oh so joyous activities....without those little objects you apparently adore, we would not have that as such a huge problem..(although I would not be surprised to discover you are of the camp that believe there are no nefarious activities....but can all be explained by just problems with things on "our" end).......not to mention the fact that MiniClip itself when I first found it was a site specifically focused on games for kids....Kids have no need for an introduction to gambling and it's associated bad influences...i.e. greed and corruption and the incentive to cheat to get more...of a useless virtual product.... :s

As to what Southern-California (so-cal) has to do with anything I have no idea, so will presume you meant so-called bugs that I and others are sick of is a totally different matter....I find it very interesting that you feel you are another one of those little wannabe know-it-alls who believe all problems are connection issues on "our" ends.....I have been playing this little game since 2010, and for three years we did not experience hardly any of these "connection issues" as you so blithely put it...they did not manifest themselves until after the increased service load of more players participating in the game which required adding more servers and became even more rampant after the introduction of the coins (gag) and the gambling elements of the game....more features, especially ones added without thorough testing, by nature, makes for more bugs....simple fact of technology...... :*

As to the Adobe Flash alert asking for more space - I find it even more interesting that you say "that is how flash works".....nay, not just interesting, but outright ignorant false bravado bluster....tbh.....I never once saw that alert pop-up in 5 and a half years of playing the game...then suddenly it starts happening on a regular basis...as a result, I posted about it....and after about two weeks of continuous requests from myself and others for clarity on the issue, Benjo finally stated that it was an issue related to new advertising offers being made available and all we had to do was deny it...which did not work in making it stop.....it continued to pop-up after every action requiring exchange of information between my system and the game site.....And as of two weeks ago now, has stopped altogether again......How interesting that "the way flash works" as you say, only occured during a relatively short period of time (overall in relation to the game), was explained by the company as being a new issue related to advertising offers being implemented at the time and has now stopped again....Seems like an awful funny way for 'the way flash works" to operate..... :*

But I do appreciate your attempts at "enlightening me" with your vast knowledge of how all things work.....I feel oh so much better now.... :* ...Thanks...

Good luck and have fun..... :)

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif

First and foremost i don't know everything, that's basics everybody should understand without special knowledge.
    Issue with Flash was provoked by a new ad, and guess what, ads require space, Flash tend to save files to your cache just like all browsers do, so in future the same ad won't be downloaded from MC site but instead it will be loaded from your cache, default settings of flash allow them to keep under 1mb of files on your computer, without any questions, but if the game weights more than that, they have to ask you. if you would configured your flash before and allowed it to keep more than 1mb then you wouldn't receive this alert at all.
    Developers will fix your problem if this will be indeed a problem, not some nonsense as always, i reported one bug in beta thread and it was fixed pretty fast, you can check it yourself.
    I've read everything you wrote, i just think it's pointless to address your whining.
    I don't believe those bugs are caused by the connection, i know it for sure, i checked them by overloading my connection, anyone can, just open couple of tabs with youtube videos in 4k while you playing the game.

Your sarcasm is appreciated but it would be so much better if you used other part of your brain instead, the one that responsible for logical thinking...
  • kunal908kunal908 Posts: 3,605 Pool Champion
    edited February 17
    i would strongly suggest to eliminate the golden break, once the players figure out the break it will probably get too easy to pot the 9 of the break regulary! 9b is fast enough, it doesnt need a golden break!

Agreed @+++darren+++ :)

Thank god you didn't requested to contact game developers directly, lol...I mean there are millions of players playing 8 Ball Pool daily, that makes $500K+ in revenue on Android/iOS/PC, so they can't just reply and fix everyone's issues like this* one by one, though you can post them in the "tell us your ideas"...and a certain person from MILLIONS on players online of a free game, cannot gain an advantage to talk with developers directly, as the others players also wants to....the company does what's best for business...not what's best for a certain player of PC 8 Ball Pool who have played this "for a long time"...this is why people says education is important - job, gaming, sports, acting..(than too much unwanted experience, makes no sense in today)

*please change the color of play button, change the sound plays when the game finding an opponent for me, make a new mirror feature - when I wake up...start up PC...and sit there like 20 hours a day,...whenever i click the button it will give good compliments "Sir you're legend" "Sir you're great"...lol

If the company ever make it happen, developers - gamers contact, then its about more "pay" for developers, no good will happen seeing these * suggestion up there... :D

K
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 4,671 Pool Champion
    edited February 17

First and foremost i don't know everything, that's basics everybody should understand without special knowledge.
    Issue with Flash was provoked by a new ad, and guess what, ads require space, Flash tend to save files to your cache just like all browsers do, so in future the same ad won't be downloaded from MC site but instead it will be loaded from your cache, default settings of flash allow them to keep under 1mb of files on your computer, without any questions, but if the game weights more than that, they have to ask you. if you would configured your flash before and allowed it to keep more than 1mb then you wouldn't receive this alert at all.
    Developers will fix your problem if this will be indeed a problem, not some nonsense as always, i reported one bug in beta thread and it was fixed pretty fast, you can check it yourself.
    I've read everything you wrote, i just think it's pointless to address your whining.
    I don't believe those bugs are caused by the connection, i know it for sure, i checked them by overloading my connection, anyone can, just open couple of tabs with youtube videos in 4k while you playing the game.

Your sarcasm is appreciated but it would be so much better if you used other part of your brain instead, the one that responsible for logical thinking...

The usual....and expected blah, blah, blah gibber jabber you are well known for...... ;)

The main reason I have always ignored you.... :* ....but since you felt compelled to address me directly, I responded...... :|

Take it however you wish, matters not one bit to me.... :p

We will have to agree to disagree.....I believe you are clueless...and you belive I am.....so be it...... :D

Move on now and live up to your name..........the silent part in particular..... B)

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif

The usual....and expected blah, blah, blah gibber jabber you are well known for...... ;)

The main reason I have always ignored you.... :* ....but since you felt compelled to address me directly, I responded...... :|

Take it however you wish, matters not one bit to me.... :p

We will have to agree to disagree.....I believe you are clueless...and you belive I am.....so be it...... :D

Move on now and live up to your name..........the silent part in particular..... B)

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif

Sure, i'm the clueless here, and doesn't matter that i just said how to check if your bugs are connection issue, or how flash alert relates to your settings configuration.

I really shouldn't expect more from a person that have habits of twelve year old girl with all this smileys, colorful text, and cartoonish sign...
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 4,671 Pool Champion
    Sigh....as usual....more bluster and saying how only you are correct.....

The only thing you are correct about is that it doesn't matter that you just said how to check for bugs as being connection issues..or how flash works......since I already explained how incorrect you are....in my opinion....as I also explained how the flash issue as I see it is, correctly I must say..... :p

But as usual...and expected...you come back with how clever you are and have all the answers to everything.....what you fail to realize...again as usual...is that is how you see it....which does not make it correct, just how you see it....

I also did all my explanations that you ignore....so as I said, we will have to agree to disagree... ;)

Even though I know that is too much of a mature deal for you to accept......
    All you can do is resort to playground insults ....hahahaha.....habits of a 12 year old girl indeed....I am sure you are an expert in 12 year old girls and their habits and needs........no surprises there.... :*

Carry on now.....as I will award you this months Iggy award......I suggest you do the same to me....
    Especially since this will be my last response to you....after I hit post I will go set you to the well deserved Ignore........so feel free to get busy with your playground insults.... :*

Have a good life.... :)

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif
  • G11gamingG11gaming United Kingdom Posts: 2,047 Pool Champion
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    G11gaming wrote: »
    It's quite clear that the mobile version of 8 ball is far more superior

Thats all a matter of opinion. Im guessing the only reason you state this is because the mobile version has more bells and whistles to it than the PC version?

I have played both, and in my opinion the PC version is far superior in the true feel of the game than the mobile version. As i said, all a matter of opinion.

y0mcjz5jd6ir.gif

I see this thread has gotton a bit heated towards the end lol. Ermmm yeah i think the mobile version out weighs the pc because when you are out at work or where ever you may be you can pull 8 ball pool out of your pocket, and just challenge anyone where ever you may be. If you only play pc and you are away, then you are away for 8 - 12 hours at a time.lol. Also peeps don't want a big hefty pc set up at home, they want to be able to play where ever they feel comfortable, simple games like pool belong on a phone imo. ;)
    Sigh....as usual....more bluster and saying how only you are correct.....

The only thing you are correct about is that it doesn't matter that you just said how to check for bugs as being connection issues..or how flash works......since I already explained how incorrect you are....in my opinion....as I also explained how the flash issue as I see it is, correctly I must say..... :p

But as usual...and expected...you come back with how clever you are and have all the answers to everything.....what you fail to realize...again as usual...is that is how you see it....which does not make it correct, just how you see it....

I also did all my explanations that you ignore....so as I said, we will have to agree to disagree... ;)

Even though I know that is too much of a mature deal for you to accept......
    All you can do is resort to playground insults ....hahahaha.....habits of a 12 year old girl indeed....I am sure you are an expert in 12 year old girls and their habits and needs........no surprises there.... :*

Carry on now.....as I will award you this months Iggy award......I suggest you do the same to me....
    Especially since this will be my last response to you....after I hit post I will go set you to the well deserved Ignore........so feel free to get busy with your playground insults.... :*

Have a good life.... :)

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif

Omg dismissing everything i said just because "in your opinion" i'm wrong, then turn it personal and adds me to ignore list. Dude developers don't talk with you not because MC forbids them to do so, it's because you don't want to listen and blame them for your problems. Have fun ignoring me and reality lol.
  • creativehottycreativehotty hottest female mbr 2016Posts: 1,279 Pool Champion
    Old Rocker wrote: »

Why you need devs interaction? They probably are not the ones who decide how to run market system, which is judging by your obsession with fecal matter are your major issue with the game. Many other so-cal bugs you and others are sick of, are simply problems on your end, teleportation bug, time running out, the one where you reported weird table cloth (cushions were different color than the table) it's all connection issue, that one about flash storage is not a problem at all, that is how flash works.

To work with the developers in working out bugs and problems (which according to you are nothing but connection issues, so why bother...lol..)requires direct communication in my opinion.....for me to post an issue here for someone else to pass on to the developers and then get absolutely no feedback from the developers or the ability to clarify a given issue in real time is important to resolve such issues.....IMO....
    As an aside, I did software quality assurance operational functionality stress/overload testing and debugging as an employee of Science Applications International Corporation on military data systems for 6 years after I got out of the US Navy....which required face-to-face consultations between the software and hardware developers of various systems and the end-users to successfully facilitate integration and implement correctional matters....we did not pass on our findings through a third party to interpret for us..... :p so I have a bit of experience in "beta" testing procedures..... B)
    If you actually bothered to read what I wrote, instead of just assuming you know everything about how business operates, you would have noticed that I very clearly stated that the company will put out the product they want, regardless of what us players or the developers think about it....I just condensed it a bit since I am well aware of the fact that I can get a bit 'wordy' at times....but sometimes that is necessary to make ones points clear to all....apparently I failed this time...
    But please, feel free to show me your MBA and I will possibly admit you might know more about how business operates than I do.... ;) ...or alternately share with me that you are a MiniClip employee/contractor and have access to further information than the rest of us... :p

My "obsession" with the shiny golden pieces of fecal matter as you so eloquently say, is based upon the fact that those are exactly the cause of all the nefarious players showing up and engaging in their oh so joyous activities....without those little objects you apparently adore, we would not have that as such a huge problem..(although I would not be surprised to discover you are of the camp that believe there are no nefarious activities....but can all be explained by just problems with things on "our" end).......not to mention the fact that MiniClip itself when I first found it was a site specifically focused on games for kids....Kids have no need for an introduction to gambling and it's associated bad influences...i.e. greed and corruption and the incentive to cheat to get more...of a useless virtual product.... :s

As to what Southern-California (so-cal) has to do with anything I have no idea, so will presume you meant so-called bugs that I and others are sick of is a totally different matter....I find it very interesting that you feel you are another one of those little wannabe know-it-alls who believe all problems are connection issues on "our" ends.....I have been playing this little game since 2010, and for three years we did not experience hardly any of these "connection issues" as you so blithely put it...they did not manifest themselves until after the increased service load of more players participating in the game which required adding more servers and became even more rampant after the introduction of the coins (gag) and the gambling elements of the game....more features, especially ones added without thorough testing, by nature, makes for more bugs....simple fact of technology...... :*

As to the Adobe Flash alert asking for more space - I find it even more interesting that you say "that is how flash works".....nay, not just interesting, but outright ignorant false bravado bluster....tbh.....I never once saw that alert pop-up in 5 and a half years of playing the game...then suddenly it starts happening on a regular basis...as a result, I posted about it....and after about two weeks of continuous requests from myself and others for clarity on the issue, Benjo finally stated that it was an issue related to new advertising offers being made available and all we had to do was deny it...which did not work in making it stop.....it continued to pop-up after every action requiring exchange of information between my system and the game site.....And as of two weeks ago now, has stopped altogether again......How interesting that "the way flash works" as you say, only occured during a relatively short period of time (overall in relation to the game), was explained by the company as being a new issue related to advertising offers being implemented at the time and has now stopped again....Seems like an awful funny way for 'the way flash works" to operate..... :*

But I do appreciate your attempts at "enlightening me" with your vast knowledge of how all things work.....I feel oh so much better now.... :* ...Thanks...

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif

ltig6ngl9v65.jpg
    Somebody got burned :D
    :+1:
  • The ScobesterThe Scobester Posts: 1,982 Pool Champion

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif

ltig6ngl9v65.jpg

• creativehottycreativehotty hottest female mbr 2016Posts: 1,279 Pool Champion

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif

ltig6ngl9v65.jpg

:+1: GOOD TUNE :D
  • kunal908kunal908 Posts: 3,605 Pool Champion
    Finally got it on video! :s

• tastegwtastegw Posts: 25 Pool Player
    Thanks very much for the addition of 9ball! it has increased my stash 10fold and more.

before 9ball, i seemed to be stuck with on average 1-5mil in stash, with getting most of my wins in either toronto or dubai, no rings at anything higher, never even played the last few cities.

now that 9ball has arrived, a game i like way more than 8ball, im over 100mil in stash and not looking back anytime soon i hope. 9ball strategy just suits my game better, very glad you guys added this in.
  • VijayGunnersVijayGunners Posts: 281 Pool Pro
    Loving the 9 ball game, will you soon be able to play your friends?
  • 8bawl3pointfive8bawl3pointfive Posts: 2 New Member
    Anybody else think that "Push Out" after break shot should be allowed like in real 9 ball?
    Just saying, I think it would make the game a lot more interesting...
  • 8bawl3pointfive8bawl3pointfive Posts: 2 New Member
    @Benjo What about Snooker Mode After 9 Ball Mode :p

YES!!
  • jere_ masterjere_ master Posts: 1 New Member
    yeah just mobile ofc :/

Hsuvduvaigsq
  • juntjoojuntjoo Posts: 240 Pool Pro
    IM LOVIN 9 BALL!!
  • CorbyCorby Posts: 298 Pool Pro
    Soooo many people think the secret to winning is hit the ball hard every time. Lol
  • BlazingArrow!BlazingArrow! Posts: 2 New Member
    MINICLIP, please STOP TRYING TO STEAL OUR PHONE CONTACTS, HISTORY, phone number, ID, Call, pages browsed, and all the other things that you should NOT be accessing with your app, and absolutely not essential to game operation, usage, or play. People are getting **** off at Miniclip for the abusive data access and collection. I AM NOT INSTALLING ANY OF YOUR APPS until you change the extremely abusive data access privilege which you currently are forcing acceptance of as part of the game app install.
  • Sweet BabbooSweet Babboo Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi,
    Noticed that there's a countdown timer on 9 ball now...Please miniclip, don't take it away!