Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Sunidhifan's "Adventures on SuziQ6"

123457»

Comments

• G11gamingG11gaming Contributor XDPosts: 2,884 Pool Champion
    I want to go back to being nursed - it was soothing. :) o:) :* always remember big sis coming and attending to my needs, she was great. <3
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,209 Pool Forum VIP
    edited November 7
    Thanks to all for your sentiments....much appreciated.... ;) <3

Managed to extricate myself from the big house this morning....so back home and resting/recuperating much more comfortably.... :p

Not a big fan of the morphine product myself....except when really needed..... ;) which in this case ...it was....kills that agonizing pain....but makes me feel like an uneducated Three-Toed Sloth....

Numb, dumb and slow.... :s

Was shocked when I went out the veterans medical facility today to pick up my prescriptions......not by the fact that it took almost 4 hours to get them......but rather that Mount Mcloughlin is PURE WHITE....lol....two weeks ago, it had no snow at all......but is brilliant white now....will try and get a video of it tomorrow or Wednesday.... ;) ...just gorgeous now....

X5lbOom.gif
    Post edited by Sunidhifan on
  • creativehottycreativehotty THE GREAT WHITE NORTHPosts: 1,535 Pool Champion
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    Thanks to all for your sentiments....much appreciated.... ;) <3

Managed to extricate myself from the big house this morning....so back home and resting/recuperating much more comfortably.... :p

Not a big fan of the morphine product myself....except when really needed..... ;) which in this case ...it was....kills that agonizing pain....but makes me feel like an uneducated Three-Toed Sloth....

Numb, dumb and slow.... :s

Was shocked when I went out the veterans medical facility today to pick up my prescriptions......not by the fact that it took almost 4 hours to get them......but rather that Mount Mcloughlin is PURE WHITE....lol....two weeks ago, it had no snow at all......but is brilliant white now....will try and get a video of it tomorrow or Wednesday.... ;) ...just gorgeous now....

X5lbOom.gif

HAHAHAHAHA !! love the vid, and if u like to look at snow that much, then come up here !! rofl :D
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Bat with a BroomstickPosts: 9,404 Pool Forum VIP
    Still waiting for the snowy vid Jeff ;)
    edited November 15
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »

Finally the weather cleared enough for me to get a video of Mt. McLoughlin with it's snow cover (it is 53 miles away, but is just over 9,000 feet (2743.2 meters) high so gets way more snow than we ever do here in the Valley at 1,278 feet (388 meters)....but we do get some here on the occasional Winter storm..... Oh yeah...it was only 57 degrees F here when I was out there, so had to wear me coat...lol...I get cold easier than others since I do not generate any body heat riding in my chair... ;)

It is not as pretty as normal since there were still a few clouds around it, so not as sharp a point as on a completely clear day.....

I also made another one of the huge veterans facility I go to for some stuff and coordination of care....interestingly, the facility is huge but is not an actual medical center...just clinics that farm out treatment to either Roseburg VA hospital 70 miles north of here, Portland VA hospital 270 miles north of here, or local public facilities at times..... luck of the draw which one you get....lol...

But the place in this vid is the remnants of old Camp White from WWII....during the war, it was a sprawling training camp that covered over 26 square miles along with a POW camp for German war prisoners...they actually built most of the buildings out here.... There are over 7 miles of hallways in the facility (as it is two stories high in most places) and was designed to house and service 1,000 vets at a time....nowadays though, it currently only has around 100 there....lol...what a waste of space and energy....although they just finished installing a gigantic solar panel set-up which will generate enough power for both all it's needs and supply some to the local city.....

Sorry about the babbling narration, still not fully recovered from last internal plumbing episode and was a bit dopey on Percocets for pain....... :* :D :)

X5lbOom.gif

• COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Been there, done that.Posts: 2,487 Pool Champion
    Good to see you getting out and about Jeff. Yeah, winters coming, lol. And when it does, i will be hibernating myself.
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 428 Pool Pro
    Glad you're a bit more mobile. Forgot to say Happy Veterans Day over here like i do on fb but happy belated. Thanks for sharing the vid, that mountain is awesome. Cool story behind the VA hospital and local heritage there too from WW2 era. Glad they took a step towards energy efficiency and self sustainment. now if they can just learn to treat our Vets better!
    edited November 15
    Thanks @COOLOCKER and @David Rohrer .... :)

It has been my experience with the VA David that, like many things in life, it comes down to location, location, location.... ;)

Each facility everywhere have different reputations and actual levels of performance/services offered and performed..... All the facilities in Minnesota for example were top-notch, fast and professional....whereas her in Oregon, the facility above has many very questionable service issues and a lot of rude, unprofessional and arrogant staff....the medical and admin staff in particular have an attitude that the VA exists to keep them employed and dealing with us pesky vets is just an inconvenience they must deal with as part of the job......very annoying to say the least.... :s

But Roseburg and Portland are both excellent....I know many of the facilities in the South have some very bad reputations as well.....while some are also good.....

I think a universal failing in the VA is finally being addressed in the form of better training of new staff while also culling the system of the old-school attitude that they could do whatever they want with no repercussions for their actions since they had very good job security and backing by government services union and rules......that is slowly being changed with better accountability, client surveys and feedback and way better job performance reviews...with actual action taken for poor performers..... ;)

X5lbOom.gif[/center,]
    well let's hope they drain that swamp of the necessary ones and it continues to improve. I know a lot of Vets have turned to the "alternate way out" because they couldn't even get the PROPER help they needed from the ONE organization that is there for them medically to do so.... That's the harshest end of the stick then all the variants in between to get to the nice end of the stick you described. Some of it has been down right atrocious, and like you said, with a IDGAF attitude.. sad!
    I have been dealing with the VA since 1994...and like I said, have seen a lot of different ways the different facilities perform..... Most of them have chronic understaffing issues for their number of clients...which created huge delays in services and poor scheduling and coordination services...massive waste in almost all areas...usually to the detriment of us vets.... :s

More heavily populated areas with smaller service centers has, and always will remain an issue for many areas....We are lucky here in Oregon to have 4 facilities...good and easy access with convenient transportation options....hopefully, all of that will be addressed better here in the near future.... But one of the biggest changes I have seen recently is the new hire/old fire issue mentioned above....out with old, in with the new is usually good. if properly executed.... ;)

X5lbOom.gif

• Nanny OggNanny Ogg Bat with a BroomstickPosts: 9,404 Pool Forum VIP
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »

Thank youuuuu :)
    edited November 18
    Well....went out this afternoon for some Cherry Coke.....so thought I would make a couple road trip vids for you while filming with the horizontal mode:

You gotta pay attention to hazards:

Our HUGE grocery store I always shop at:

I realize I showed this place previously...but much better view with horizontal imagery..

More road hazards:

X5lbOom.gif
    edited November 18
    Saw this sweet little ride on the way to the store today.....felt it was worth sharing:

X5lbOom.gif
    Saw this sweet little ride on the way to the store today.....felt it was worth sharing:

X5lbOom.gif

Dayum, you folks know how to build a motor Jeff. kinda reminds me of this:

edited November 20
    All set for a rainy day run to the store:

And the rain got harder on the way home....

X5lbOom.gif

X5lbOom.gif

Sorry about the rain Jeff. I was telling somebody else this earlier, we make that rain here in Ireland, and we send it out all over the world. Its our biggest export. You can blames us for it, lol.
    edited November 21
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    Sorry about the rain Jeff. I was telling somebody else this earlier, we make that rain here in Ireland, and we send it out all over the world. Its our biggest export. You can blames us for it, lol.

Lol Jimmy....Here in Oregon, we basically have two seasons....
    6 months of hot and dry...... 6 months of cool and wet..... ;)

So I have 5 more months of cool and wet weather to look forward to....

I have it down to a great system to stay warm and dry in almost any weather now...only snow can stop me in my tracks....luckily, we rarely get much if any at my altitude.... :)

X5lbOom.gif

X5lbOom.gif

aww thats cool !! and love the whitewall tires ;) lol

X5lbOom.gif

ugh !! idk whats worse ...i couldnt deal with all that rain, all the time eh !! stay dry ;)

X5lbOom.gif

aww thats cool !! and love the whitewall tires ;) lol

They make those vintage tires in REDwall too. That would have set that car off with the red pin-striping and red tinted windows. I think the red ones were used on emergency (like fire) vehicles but i'd have to ask some of my old automotive cohorts. BEAUTIFUL ride though for sure. Saw a "van" (has same front like that but taller and longer cabin/cargo area) yesterday. He about backed out in front of me in a neighborhood i was on my way to assemble a treadmill in. Stopped, let him back out and waved as he went by. He waved with a nod like "sorry!" because i DON'T think he saw me honestly but it's all good. His was nice too but still a "rust" color primered and not been to paint shop yet. Who knows?, maybe that's where he was off to early morning :wink:
123457»