Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

tournaments problem

Cassou LucCassou Luc Posts: 4 New Member
I have level 45 and every time I want to play a tournament there is a problem!
The game game starts and I do not play !!
What is this mess !!

Cassou

Comments

• COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Been there, done that.Posts: 2,289 Pool Champion
    edited June 3
    Its a server issue that has been reported on hundreds of times in this forum. Miniclip dont seem to be interested in sorting it out. When you see this happening, its best you leave the tournaments alone for a few days, until the servers are reset. To continue playing while the servers are like this is just throwing your coins away.

You should notice a difference in playing (smoother playing, faster loading etc) when the servers are reset. This is a weekly problem.
  • Cassou LucCassou Luc Posts: 4 New Member
    Ok i understand ! there are a lot of gamer ! The server catches fire ;)
    Yes, something like that Cassou. You are better off playing 1v1 when this happens, as it is more stable than tournaments. Do not take my word on this, but tuesday or wednesday up until friday or Saturday seem to be the best times to play tournaments. But as i said, when you first notice this happening, then stop playing the tournaments for a few days. Hope that helps? Good luck.
    edited June 3
    I replied to your post on my wall Cassou. Let me explain this a little better if i can.

Miniclip rents out a server to put their site, and their game on it. Depending on what miniclip spends on those servers results in the service they get from those people they rent the servers from. There are different types of payments that can be made. It could be weekly, monthly, or yearly. All of these servers have a limit that can be broken. To be honest, i dont think weekly comes into it, as it is far too short of a period for a server time frame. Im almost sure its a yearly rate, but when the site is getting more hits than an avergae monthly total, things start to go downhill.

If miniclip pays a monthly service, then that service depends on the amount of hits the site and the game gets within that monthly time frame. If that limit is broken within the time frame, the server starts to lag. This is a way for server companies to make more money, as a busier server makes more money for them. This then forces the renter of that sever to upgrade to a better server for a better more stable experience.

Miniclip seem to be running a good few servers as far as i can tell. One for the website/forum. One for the 1v1 games, and one for the tournaments. Then take into account that there is both PC and mobile devises to run, that can add up to a lot of servers.

It seems to me that miniclip are getting a lot more hits on all the servers than they are willing to pay for, so thats why we all seem to have trouble every week.

If anybody else has an opinion on this, then please feel free to say so. Thats the way i understand it, as i have run a site myself, with these same problems. I can even tell you that if your monthly hit rate is 1000, and you have 2000 hits, they will close it down without any doubt. And they wont budge until you agree to pay more for a better service.
    Post edited by COOLOCKER on
    yes i understand this ! it's normal .. 8 Ball pool is a star of game ;) We like the tournaments so !
    besos
    cassou
  • AlynaAlyna Posts: 287 Pool Pro
    edited June 7
    I could play 3 tours in a row, miracle :D
    Edit: I could play 3 tours in a row, miracle :D but someone reached finals with 0 streak
  • cathiecathie Posts: 6 Pool Player
    I get it too Cassou Luc it happens to me too but which console are you talking about phone or computer because it happens to me on a computer when im lvl 79
    yes on the consol ! And when i play in tornaments I have no credits !
  • Kenneth KingKenneth King Posts: 1 New Member
    If I join a tournament,I get coins deducted but never get to play . What kind of junk is that ? If I try to play 1on1 it still doesn't work because the opponents keep spinning by and never stops . Should they just close up the shop ?
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 5,009 Pool Forum VIP
    edited June 25
    If I join a tournament,I get coins deducted but never get to play . What kind of junk is that ? If I try to play 1on1 it still doesn't work because the opponents keep spinning by and never stops . Should they just close up the shop ?

http://www.miniclip.com/social/8-ball-pool/forum/en/#/discussion/26084/game-will-not-start

Issue_zpsindltaqg.png

Last_Sig_zpsii1euxxe.gif