Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

HOW TO SPİN [I NEED TURKISH SUPPORT]

WEX[TR]YWEX[TR]Y Posts: 10 Pool Player
How can i spin canone help me i dont understand if any turkish person is here can help me

Comments

• CorbyCorby Posts: 345 Pool Pro
    Why do you need Turkish reply?
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Member of the Year 2016Posts: 9,090 Pool Forum VIP
    Sounds like this person doesn't think he/she will be able to understand a long explanation written in English.
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    Sounds like this person doesn't think he/she will be able to understand a long explanation written in English.

Must be it. Kinda hard to explain anyway.
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Been there, done that.Posts: 2,291 Pool Champion
    Only thing i can really say without going into an hour long typing session is, spin only takes affect after the cue ball has struck another ball, or a cushion. After that, its up to you to figure out how is the best way to use it..
    COOLOCKER wrote: »
    Only thing i can really say without going into an hour long typing session is, spin only takes affect after the cue ball has struck another ball, or a cushion. After that, its up to you to figure out how is the best way to use it..

In 8 ball pool spin has very little affect after the first object ball that it hits. In real pool the same applies but massa can be used but not here. In short when the cue ball hits the rail it can take a bigger angle off the cushion with spin than it would without.
    edited June 15
    edited June 15
    q0a8pdepgtqw.png

Here's a good example. If i use right spin the cueball travels on the red line. If i use left spin it follows the yellow line. The speed you hit the cue ball plays a big roll in your results.
    If you notice the red line gets a straighter shot on the eight ball with less of a chance of hooking yourself.
  • TalhaTalha Posts: 472 Pool Pro
    Corby wrote: »
    q0a8pdepgtqw.png

Here's a good example. If i use right spin the cueball travels on the red line. If i use left spin it follows the yellow line. The speed you hit the cue ball plays a big roll in your results.

The red line will a little bit more low.
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Been there, done that.Posts: 2,291 Pool Champion
    edited June 15
    COOLOCKER wrote: »

In 8 ball pool spin has very little affect after the first object ball that it hits. In real pool the same applies but massa can be used but not here. In short when the cue ball hits the rail it can take a bigger angle off the cushion with spin than it would without.

That can be true Corby. But i have seen shots where the cue ball will take a turn, and a large swerve after striking an object ball. Almost like the letter C, there was that much spin and swerve on it. Obviously this would only really happen with a less powerful shot. A more powerful shot would send the ball in a straighter line.

The video below is only for the original posters question. Its to show the effect that using spin can have. If you look real closely, you will notice the cue ball take a slight swerve after striking the object ball, and before hitting the 8 ball. As i say, its a slight swerve, but it is there.

Post edited by COOLOCKER on
    Talha wrote: »
    q0a8pdepgtqw.png

These two scenarios are just basic examples, the degree of spin and top or follow along with speed will change the path of the cueball. But if you need to correct me go ahead, i have thick skin.
    I should add that i consider spin and english the same. I put top and follow in a different category. A lot of people call top and follow english so the terms can get confusing.
    edited June 15
    This is for the original poster @WEXY ( your name is impossible to tag LOL )

I hope that this helps even though it is in English...

v98h5xb5mzca.png

L = Left
    R = Right
    U = Up
    D = Down

This is very basic, remember that the amount of spin will vary depending on how much force you use on the cue ball, and how much top or backspin you use as well.
    It is just a basic guide and you will still have to spend a lot of time practising in order to get any good at cue ball control.

To make the cue ball go in the direction you want it to go AFTER it hits one of the cushions you put your spin on the spin control like this:

top cushion: left goes left, right goes right
    bottom cushion: left goes right, right goes left
    left cushion: left goes down, right goes up
    right cushion: left goes up, right goes down

• WEX[TR]YWEX[TR]Y Posts: 10 Pool Player
    Thanks for everything guys i try thr understand
  • Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 563 Pool Expert
    Talha wrote: »
    q0a8pdepgtqw.png

These two scenarios are just basic examples, the degree of spin and top or follow along with speed will change the path of the cueball. But if you need to correct me go ahead, i have thick skin.

I think you gave a good example and clearly showed the difference when using left and right side
  • Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 563 Pool Expert
    This is for the original poster @WEXY ( your name is impossible to tag LOL )

I hope that this helps even though it is in English...

v98h5xb5mzca.png

L = Left
    R = Right
    U = Up
    D = Down

Nice example. Knowing which side to put on the cue ball when hitting the bottom cushion in particular catches many of us out I'm sure? LOL. Even more difficult for us mobile users I'd say because we often turn the screen around to aim & can easily mistake which cushion is which! :D
  • dresscoderdresscoder Posts: 3 New Member
    Come on, google translate is good enough to understand info in English
    Google translate is translate very bad i cant understand much but again thanks for help guys
    edited June 16
    You can't always rely on google translate, I once ordered a Black Russian in a bar in Morroco using google translate and ended up going home with a Nigerian called Vladimir :D

2kyc9bse0812.jpg

dv9rpvytepjy.jpg

You can't always rely on google translate, I once ordered a Black Russian in a bar in Morroco using google translate and ended up going home with a Nigerian called Vladimir :D

2kyc9bse0812.jpg

dv9rpvytepjy.jpg

lol