Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Get to know the Forum Staff

12345679»

Comments

• Zeus908Zeus908 Posts: 1 New Member
    Forum staff can answer this question?
    The forum software you're using for this forum is it custom developed by the admins or public source?
  • TetsumonchiTetsumonchi Forum Moderator ScotlandPosts: 1,410 mod
    Zeus908 wrote: »
    Forum staff can answer this question?
    The forum software you're using for this forum is it custom developed by the admins or public source?
    Its an open source software called Vanilla.

https://vanillaforums.com/en/software/

• Sharif GDSharif GD Posts: 4 New Member
    Good to know you all.. 8 Ball Pool is an amazing game and we all enjoy playing ... Love you all..
  • Marc HymanMarc Hyman Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi All, I'm a little new to the game and the forum. I love the game itself (8 Ball Pool), it's definitely the best online pool game I've seen. Still figuring out how a lot of stuff works, read a lot of talk about hackers, etc. I'm trying to understand how folks earn Billions of coins so quickly, sometimes with not a great number of games or very high win/loss ratio. Also, would love to see some type of "Spectator" Mode, as I would love to "watch" some of the "High Stakes" games. Thanks for any feedback.
  • G11gamingG11gaming It's all good :) Posts: 2,477 Pool Champion
    Marc Hyman wrote: »
    Hi All, I'm a little new to the game and the forum. I love the game itself (8 Ball Pool), it's definitely the best online pool game I've seen. Still figuring out how a lot of stuff works, read a lot of talk about hackers, etc. I'm trying to understand how folks earn Billions of coins so quickly, Thanks for any feedback.
    Welcome aboard Marc. ;)

Hackers, well unfortunately you get them in every online multiplayer games ( they get weeded out eventually )
    There are pool teams that share accounts, and play 24/7 for the top slot.

Yup i did mention spec mode in the new HTML 5 thread, hopefully it will be implemented. ;)
  • *Aurora**Aurora* youtoo?Posts: 6,033 Pool Forum VIP
    Tagging him as Benjo is no good then anymore?

YQV2KFC.jpg
  • by lordby lord Posts: 4 New Member
    by lord or "destroyer"account
    Looks like we need an update on opening post.
    I've updated the staff list to reflect recent changes.

@GeorgeSweeper not on the list? I know he said, he'll be back Oct 18th, but in here, we never know...
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Member of the Year 2016Posts: 9,082 Pool Forum VIP

Hey Colin

Is that list truly representative of the actual mod/admin team ?
    Cheesey and King have not been visibly active in the forum since I joined in June 2015.

Martin, Michael, Dalton and yourself used to be active every single day in here, but now we are lucky to see you guys once every couple of months.
    ANT is the only truly regular mod now and even though he does come in on a daily basis, even he doesn't spend as much time as you guys used to, or participate as a part of the community.
    Also, to reiterate the question posed above, why isn't George on the list ?

With Benjo and Crunch ( aka Sam Smith ) both gone now, how is Raquel supposed to have the time to manage such a workload, with this place on top of her duties in Support and social media like "Twitbook" ( sic ) etc ?

I was told by someone ( don't ask who, 'cos I won't tell you ) that there were big changes coming soon in the forum, but like a fool I thought that meant it would be getting better not worse !

I don't have the answers to what would make it better, but that doesn't mean the question shouldn't be asked though.

Nice to hear that "little birds" have sung songs about the forum. Usually when Tetsu wakes from hibernation the way he has now something is going on. ;)
    *Aurora* wrote: »

@GeorgeSweeper not on the list? I know he said, he'll be back Oct 18th, but in here, we never know...
    I wasn't aware of him @*Aurora* - I'll add him to the list. :)

Nanny Ogg wrote: »

Hey Colin

Is that list truly representative of the actual mod/admin team ?
    Cheesey and King have not been visibly active in the forum since I joined in June 2015.

Martin, Michael, Dalton and yourself used to be active every single day in here, but now we are lucky to see you guys once every couple of months.
    ANT is the only truly regular mod now and even though he does come in on a daily basis, even he doesn't spend as much time as you guys used to, or participate as a part of the community.
    Also, to reiterate the question posed above, why isn't George on the list ?

With Benjo and Crunch ( aka Sam Smith ) both gone now, how is Raquel supposed to have the time to manage such a workload, with this place on top of her duties in Support and social media like "Twitbook" ( sic ) etc ?

I was told by someone ( don't ask who, 'cos I won't tell you ) that there were big changes coming soon in the forum, but like a fool I thought that meant it would be getting better not worse !

I don't have the answers to what would make it better, but that doesn't mean the question shouldn't be asked though.
    @Nanny Ogg, I see what you mean, although I'm just keeping the list up to date based on who's literally still staff, and who's not.

I don't know what the situation is concerning the administrators, as nothing was said and I learned of Benjo and Sam's retirements myself, however I have inquired and if possible will let you know. I certainly don't envy Raquel if she needs to run this place herself, although possibly George will be stepping in to assist?

Although I've had a hectic few months, with relatively little time spent on the other forum either, I do hope to be returning to my old activity on both forums henceforth. :)
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Member of the Year 2016Posts: 9,082 Pool Forum VIP
    @Nanny Ogg, I see what you mean, although I'm just keeping the list up to date based on who's literally still staff, and who's not.

I don't know what the situation is concerning the administrators, as nothing was said and I learned of Benjo and Sam's retirements myself, however I have inquired and if possible will let you know. I certainly don't envy Raquel if she needs to run this place herself, although possibly George will be stepping in to assist?

Although I've had a hectic few months, with relatively little time spent on the other forum either, I do hope to be returning to my old activity on both forums henceforth. :)

Thanks for taking the time to reply Colin, OMG it almost feels like the good old days when you guys used to join in the chats, I miss those times LOL :)

Thanks, @Nanny Ogg. Hopefully there's some good times ahead, too. :)
  • George SweeperGeorge Sweeper Posts: 25 admin

Behold!
  • David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 247 Pool Pro
    edited October 19

Behold!

lol :smiley: welcome back, you're late! now get to work! (LOL :smile: )
    Behold!
    Welcome back, @George Sweeper! :D
  • Suhail AnsariSuhail Ansari Posts: 17 New Member
    how to play with u guys.