Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

just an FYI...

2»

Comments

• David RohrerDavid Rohrer Posts: 428 Pool Pro
    You guys should watch real life pool, with pros such as Shane Van Boening, Jayson Shaw

:open_mouth: ohhhhh!! "Brand named" cowards!! :smiley: (just kidding, lol). I get it, in competitive tournament or even 1v1 comps for real $$ in leagues and such that is a tactic and a skill. I'm here to play pool and have fun and I try difficult and what should be darn near impossible shots but am sometimes able to pull that off "seeing the angles". I did drafting for years and i'm not bragging but just bluntly saying when "i'm on", i see those angles and can and will take those shots over trying to befuddle my opponent with snookering. Just a matter of personal play preference in "Gentleman's pool" vein of thought. I don't "steal" the suit if someone say, makes 3 solids but scratches on break, or 2 solids and a stripe...i take the stripe either scenario. When someone scratches, i don't move the ball (little girl, lol), unless it is COMPLETELY blocked and no rail shot to come from behind can be made and then i move it ONE ball space to other side, not clear across table for perfectly aligned shots. Do i lose to players who don't recognize and play the same? sure do. does it matter that much to me? not really, but sometimes gets on my nerves, i'm human too but again i'm here to have FUN and not get hung up over a pool game and fake money, lol. The more i take those difficult shots instead of snookering the better i become at seeing/taking them. Our "Gentleman's pool" rules we play by (my long time gaming friends online and myself on teamspeak and such) always had a bank the cue, or 8 on the 8ball shot anyway which proved to make me all the more ready for the new tiers when they came out and you had to do that :wink: I do have my "sinner moments" when snookerers (like that word? i just made it up evidently because spellchecker says no bueno to it, lol) do actually get on my nerves. I will english the fashizzy out of the cue on my shot and ruin everything they thought they had lined up for their "after snooker party" in shots :wink: sometimes that fails too but i take great satisfaction in the try of ruining their ruining of my good game, lol

• Ryan CawdorRyan Cawdor Posts: 281 Pool Pro
    You guys should watch real life pool, with pros such as Shane Van Boening, Jayson Shaw

:open_mouth: ohhhhh!! "Brand named" cowards!! :smiley: (just kidding, lol). I get it, in competitive tournament or even 1v1 comps for real $$ in leagues and such that is a tactic and a skill. I'm here to play pool and have fun and I try difficult and what should be darn near impossible shots but am sometimes able to pull that off "seeing the angles". I did drafting for years and i'm not bragging but just bluntly saying when "i'm on", i see those angles and can and will take those shots over trying to befuddle my opponent with snookering. Just a matter of personal play preference in "Gentleman's pool" vein of thought. I don't "steal" the suit if someone say, makes 3 solids but scratches on break, or 2 solids and a stripe...i take the stripe either scenario. When someone scratches, i don't move the ball (little girl, lol), unless it is COMPLETELY blocked and no rail shot to come from behind can be made and then i move it ONE ball space to other side, not clear across table for perfectly aligned shots. Do i lose to players who don't recognize and play the same? sure do. does it matter that much to me? not really, but sometimes gets on my nerves, i'm human too but again i'm here to have FUN and not get hung up over a pool game and fake money, lol. The more i take those difficult shots instead of snookering the better i become at seeing/taking them. Our "Gentleman's pool" rules we play by (my long time gaming friends online and myself on teamspeak and such) always had a bank the cue, or 8 on the 8ball shot anyway which proved to make me all the more ready for the new tiers when they came out and you had to do that :wink: I do have my "sinner moments" when snookerers (like that word? i just made it up evidently because spellchecker says no bueno to it, lol) do actually get on my nerves. I will english the fashizzy out of the cue on my shot and ruin everything they thought they had lined up for their "after snooker party" in shots :wink: sometimes that fails too but i take great satisfaction in the try of ruining their ruining of my good game, lol

I guess there's a time and place for every type of game.... now I grew up playing the "straight 8" in bars... where you went for every shot, you never played safe. And having that experience, as you noted, made me a better player since I could come up with creative solutions... But when I play other people in real life pool or on here, I play to win. Unless it has been mutually agreed before hand. There's a series of tournies I play in and the rules are not moving the ball when opponent fouls, etc. I can handle that since I know what the rules are. But in normal games, I hate people who cry because they scratched or didn't hit their ball (cuz they got hooked) and opponent takes ball in hand.

the original poster is one who doesn't seem to know the real rules of pool, all he seems to know is the "straight 8" rules that bars usually play.... although he had a valid point about people who just tap the ball, trying to snooker you.

I usually dont have a problem with that, but when I do, I have my revenge. I just leave the game early and make them wait the 30 seconds or so.
  • snoopy67snoopy67 Posts: 1 New Member
    What's up with the power bar hack? Folks afraid of getting beat... just play your game
  • CorbyCorby Posts: 371 Pool Pro
    snoopy67 wrote: »
    What's up with the power bar hack? Folks afraid of getting beat... just play your game

What are you seeing with the power bar?
  • hoss 53hoss 53 Posts: 9 Pool Player
    The only time I try to snooker is when my opponent has a cue with guidelines that extend almost to the hole, which allows them to make impossible shots. The only true pool game is no guidelines. I mean really, a monkey could run the table with these type of cues.
  • Ceri ArthurCeri Arthur Posts: 5 New Member
    if there are no pots available then snookering and making your opponents shot hard is the next best move to make
  • G11gamingG11gaming Contributor XDPosts: 2,884 Pool Champion
    hoss 53 wrote: »
    The only time I try to snooker is when my opponent has a cue with guidelines that extend almost to the hole, which allows them to make impossible shots. The only true pool game is no guidelines. I mean really, a monkey could run the table with these type of cues.

I will snooker to win that is the name of the game for me ( winning ), unless playing with friends that are not that good at it. I think the game is more attractive with the guidelines, and the flashy cues. A no guideline game only imo would probably be less attractive and more people would just quit in frustration.
    if there are no pots available then snookering and making your opponents shot hard is the next best move to make

Agreed.
  • Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 675 Pool Expert
    hoss 53 wrote: »

OK prove it? I challenge you to a few games see how easy you can run the table? :)
  • Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 675 Pool Expert
    Just to prove a point. Takes skill to snooker. Skill to get out of snookers and at times the best option if you want to win. .

It would be a nice addition if MC brought in the 3 foul rule

• CorbyCorby Posts: 371 Pool Pro
    Carl Tales wrote: »
    Just to prove a point. Takes skill to snooker. Skill to get out of snookers and at times the best option if you want to win. .

It would be a nice addition if MC brought in the 3 foul rule

Yes! The three foul rule would make it better.
2»