Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

9 Ball - Istanbul is easier than Dallas

*Aurora**Aurora* youtoo?Posts: 6,052 Pool Forum VIP
edited July 23 in Community
No guidelines is easier for me than calling pockets on all shots. What is your opinion?

EDIT: I forgot the fact that you can't aim before calling the pocket, it makes a huge difference. Hope they fix this.
Post edited by *Aurora* on

Comments

  • Me-O-U-NotMe-O-U-Not Posts: 8 Pool Player
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    No guidelines is easier for me than calling pockets on all shots. What is your opinion?

    My opinion is that what you said does not make any sense. Due to the fact that guidelines afford you the opportunity to aim better, there is no reasonable reason why anyone would dislike guidelines. No guidines, means less success potting shots. So if no guidelines is your preference, it is more likely so because you are simply slamming the cue, and are hoping something goes down...
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    EDIT: I forgot the fact that you can't aim before calling the pocket, it makes a huge difference. Hope they fix this.

    The fact that you can't aim before calling a pocket is the way the game is designed to be. This is not a glitch and I highly doubt it will ever get "fixed".

    Sorry!
  • *Aurora**Aurora* youtoo?Posts: 6,052 Pool Forum VIP
    edited August 10
    Me-O-U-Not wrote: »
    My opinion is that what you said does not make any sense. Due to the fact that guidelines afford you the opportunity to aim better, there is no reasonable reason why anyone would dislike guidelines. No guidines, means less success potting shots. So if no guidelines is your preference, it is more likely so because you are simply slamming the cue, and are hoping something goes down...

    I'm not slamming, but it makes sense just because there is a better chance of potting when all pockets are available, not just the one to call. Just noticed this in the long run, better results in no guidelines than pocket calling. But like I added later, there's a hinder when you can't aim before calling the pocket.
    Me-O-U-Not wrote: »
    The fact that you can't aim before calling a pocket is the way the game is designed to be. This is not a glitch and I highly doubt it will ever get "fixed".

    Sorry!

    "Highly doubt" - you don't know that for a fact then. I hope it is something they have to change.
  • Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 574 Pool Expert
    I hope not. It's a good feature having to pick the pocket first. Takes good judgment occasionally that's all :)
  • *Aurora**Aurora* youtoo?Posts: 6,052 Pool Forum VIP
    Carl Tales wrote: »
    I hope not. It's a good feature having to pick the pocket first. Takes good judgment occasionally that's all :)

    Or a ruler at hand.
  • G11gamingG11gaming It's all good :) Posts: 2,495 Pool Champion
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    Carl Tales wrote: »
    I hope not. It's a good feature having to pick the pocket first. Takes good judgment occasionally that's all :)

    Or a ruler at hand.

    Credit card here. ;)
  • TalhaTalha Posts: 472 Pool Pro
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    No guidelines is easier for me than calling pockets on all shots. What is your opinion?

    EDIT: I forgot the fact that you can't aim before calling the pocket, it makes a huge difference. Hope they fix this.

    Even in Istanbul table there are many hit-and-hope players. All they do is to hit with full power hoping they might pot the 9 and win the game.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online13

Carl Tales
Carl Tales
George Sweeper
George Sweeper
khanasad9922
khanasad9922
usman ----ch
usman ----ch
+9 Guests