Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Leaving the game.

Moazzam AghaMoazzam Agha Posts: 29 Pool Player
edited August 3 in Community
Many opponents leave the game and I hate this moment when I have plans to play Insane trick shots... :smiley: h4ad4qr4shix.jpg

Comments

• MarYam shabbirMarYam shabbir Posts: 31 Pool Player
    Many opponents leave the game and I hate this moment when I have plans to play Insane trick shots... :smiley: h4ad4qr4shix.jpg

yeah
    annoying
  • CorbyCorby Posts: 296 Pool Pro
    When I'm running the table and they leave before I'm done, i take it as a compliment.
  • Moazzam AghaMoazzam Agha Posts: 29 Pool Player
    Corby wrote: »
    When I'm running the table and they leave before I'm done, i take it as a compliment.
    Yeah! I hate this. This moment is so painful when I have plans to play some awesome trick shots....

yeah
    annoying

yes. Hate this.
  • G11gamingG11gaming United Kingdom Posts: 2,040 Pool Champion
    If someone leaves then that means they can't deal with the shame, or they feel that they didn't play as well as they usually do, it is a form of rage quitting , they just can't find it in them to congratulate you. They probably have thrown the phone at the wall or punched something. :smiley: :joy:
  • Ryan CawdorRyan Cawdor Posts: 272 Pool Pro
    G11gaming wrote: »
    If someone leaves then that means they can't deal with the shame, or they feel that they didn't play as well as they usually do, it is a form of rage quitting , they just can't find it in them to congratulate you. They probably have thrown the phone at the wall or punched something. :smiley: :joy:

Or it's pragmatism. If you miss your shot or you break dry and the opponent has a very clear runout and is skilled enough to do so (level 30 and above for easy layout, level 50+ for difficult layout), I think it's fair enough to say they have a 99% chance of winning. Why stick around? it's not logical. Just leave and start a new game.

Although I have rage quit before a couple of times also.
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 4,665 Pool Champion
    There could be innumerable reasons why people leave during a game.... ;)

As an example - Back in 2012, I had to leave in the middle of a game when the police knocked on my door to evacuate the apartment complex due to an armed man holed up in an apartment across from my building and three doors down....as they were taking me around the corner of my place, the guy ran out the door blasting away in every direction.....I heard a bullet whiz past me and one also struck the corner of my building before they opened fire and killed him..... :*

True story.... :|

So as I said, there could be many reasons why someone leaves....life happens.... ;) :)

X5lbOom.gif

• *Aurora**Aurora* There is no substitute.Posts: 5,728 Pool Forum VIP
    edited August 5
    Ouch, sunid. Sounds like you would have been better safe if they hadn't taken you out. :o

Who knows, maybe that was the guy sick and tired of losing in 8 ball...
  • G11gamingG11gaming United Kingdom Posts: 2,040 Pool Champion
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    Who knows, maybe that was the guy sick and tired of losing in 8 ball...

News headline in the states.... " guy goes crazy with an Uzi , after losing repeatedly to noobs in 8 Ball Pool , then rage quits spraying an apartment block with a multitude of bullets " :D

yeah
    annoying

yes. Hate this.
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    There could be innumerable reasons why people leave during a game.... ;)

As an example - Back in 2012, I had to leave in the middle of a game when the police knocked on my door to evacuate the apartment complex due to an armed man holed up in an apartment across from my building and three doors down....as they were taking me around the corner of my place, the guy ran out the door blasting away in every direction.....I heard a bullet whiz past me and one also struck the corner of my building before they opened fire and killed him..... :*

True story.... :|

So as I said, there could be many reasons why someone leaves....life happens.... ;) :)

X5lbOom.gif

Yah uncle Jeff, you are right . It happens sometimes.
  • TalhaTalha Posts: 341 Pool Pro
    This makes me feel happy.
    7ieif3sbx84o.png
    Talha wrote: »
    This makes me feel happy.
    7ieif3sbx84o.png

Because it's 50M... :lol:
    Once again...... :lol: s4r16ekivayg.jpg
  • Deimos666Deimos666 Posts: 390 Pool Pro

Or it's pragmatism. If you miss your shot or you break dry and the opponent has a very clear runout and is skilled enough to do so (level 30 and above for easy layout, level 50+ for difficult layout), I think it's fair enough to say they have a 99% chance of winning. Why stick around? it's not logical. Just leave and start a new game.

That is basically how I do it.

I'd say nearly everyone has rage quite a time or two, including myself, but these days I otherwise quit if the table looks open enough for my opponent to win / skill set means my chance of getting a shot is low. I see no reason to stick around and watch my opponent pot all their balls, so 99% of my games I loose, I likely quit so I can move on to the next. I often enjoy rematches, but have found the last couple years no one wants a rematch so I don't even bother sticking around.
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Member of the Year 2016Posts: 8,893 Pool Forum VIP
    Deimos666 wrote: »

That is basically how I do it.

I'd say nearly everyone has rage quite a time or two, including myself, but these days I otherwise quit if the table looks open enough for my opponent to win / skill set means my chance of getting a shot is low. I see no reason to stick around and watch my opponent pot all their balls, so 99% of my games I loose, I likely quit so I can move on to the next. I often enjoy rematches, but have found the last couple years no one wants a rematch so I don't even bother sticking around.

I used to spend a lot of time complaining about people that won't play more than one game but over time I have come to agree with Ryan and Deimos, and I now do much the same as they do.

When there is absolutely no doubt I'm about to lose then I will leave.
    MC has made the game such that there is no incentive for people to stick around, and since 99.9% of players will not play a second game then why would I waste my time with them ?
  • Me-O-U-NotMe-O-U-Not Posts: 7 Pool Player
    Nanny Ogg wrote: »
    I used tospend a lot of time complaining about people that won't play more than one game

Actually, to a certain degree, you still do!
    .... and since 99.9% of players will not play a second game then why would I waste my time with them ?

• Nanny OggNanny Ogg Member of the Year 2016Posts: 8,893 Pool Forum VIP
    Me-O-U-Not wrote: »
    I used tospend a lot of time complaining about people that won't play more than one game

Actually, to a certain degree, you still do!
    .... and since 99.9% of players will not play a second game then why would I waste my time with them ?

LOL don't go getting all technical on me now LOL