Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

How to tell if you are playing a 'BOT' or a a real person.

Paul DawsonPaul Dawson Posts: 100 Pool Player
1.The 'bot' will line up just once and pot perfect each time, pot all the balls in succession and win the game without you getting a single shot.. 2.The white ball will screw back, even thought there was no 'positioning' put on it 3. The white ball has been tapped lightly but will go the full length of the table TWICE, run down a cushion and pot a ball that was hidden by three other balls. 4. You pot the black thinking you have won and the black ball reappears on the table, and the 'BOT' wins. 5. The 'bot' taps the white ball, doesn't hit any cushions, but you are NOT awarded 'Ball-in-hand'. 6.You pot the black to win the game but your opponent is awarded the coins and declared WINNER! 7. You are lining up for your shot and then the white ball moves slightly as though you have hit it even though you know you didn't. 8.You select the game you want to play and your opponent is chosen in less than half a second.

Comments

• SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 4,665 Pool Champion
    I personally do not believe there are "bots" in the game....but I could be wrong... ;)

I believe most of those issues can be explained by glitches, bugs, connection issues, and of course nefarious players..... You may want to start getting some evidence of suspected activities and send it via private message to @GeorgeSweeper as per this thread:
    http://www.miniclip.com/social/8-ball-pool/forum/en/#/discussion/26604/reporting-suspicious-activity

Just a suggestion of course.... ;)

X5lbOom.gif
  • G11gamingG11gaming United Kingdom Posts: 2,040 Pool Champion
    Mr Dawson. I don't believe that there are bots in this game - they would be far to complex to programme. I think you could be experiencing lag, cheats, etc. I doubt very much that MC would go to all that trouble to programme bots!? Are you sure your name is not Mr Hansen? :D
  • Slartibartfast6Slartibartfast6 Posts: 311 Pool Pro
    They are legally obligated to tell you when directly asked. Most don't mind unveiling themselves if you're polite about it.
  • The-IndianThe-Indian Artist of the Year - 2016Posts: 1,776 Pool Champion
    edited August 8
    nmjmas6ex5to.jpg

I was about to win but my opponent won the match without potting black and black is still on the table behind display.
  • Paul DawsonPaul Dawson Posts: 100 Pool Player
    If you seriously believe that game sites do not use bots then that is up to you. From my own experiences I would say they definitely do. I played on poker sites for many years, they are all renown for using bots (even though they deny it), the reason they use them is that a player will lose all their free chips to the bots, and then have to pay real money for more chips to stay in the game. Pool sites are no different.
  • *Aurora**Aurora* There is no substitute.Posts: 5,728 Pool Forum VIP
    If you seriously believe that game sites do not use bots then that is up to you. From my own experiences I would say they definitely do. I played on poker sites for many years, they are all renown for using bots (even though they deny it), the reason they use them is that a player will lose all their free chips to the bots, and then have to pay real money for more chips to stay in the game. Pool sites are no different.

It's safe to say they don't use bots here in PC Beta version. The activity is very low. Haven't played for a week or so, can't tell for now.
  • G11gamingG11gaming United Kingdom Posts: 2,040 Pool Champion
    *Aurora* wrote: »

It's safe to say they don't use bots here in PC Beta version. The activity is very low. Haven't played for a week or so, can't tell for now.

No doubting that. I played last night until 1 am all i got to play was 3 Tokyos. And the rest match - maked me down to Sydney and London. :|
  • MalpparidosMalpparidos Posts: 6 New Member

Yes indeed there are bots in this game. They think they are making them more "intelligent" in each version of the game that's updated, but what they think is different from what it is.