Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
If you are not currently able to login via Facebook login, please right click on the Facebook icon and choose the option to "open in a new tab". Thank you for understanding
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Reporting Suspicious Activity

Comments

• Moe W.Moe W. Posts: 187 Pool Pro
    edited February 15
    Wondering , why Miniclip not updating the PC version (Old and New) and Mobile Version "and Letting us to report the player instead of/or plus reporting the image" !!!

As we know , we have 1 choice of reporting which is Image ! , why there is no Report Player!

Allowing Us to report the cheaters/suspicious players will be more easy for us and for Miniclip instead to come here and post ID'S to admins.

Am I Right ?
  • karp66karp66 Posts: 8 Pool Player
    yes you are
    I hope soon all the cheaters will be out of the game
    Miniclip can do something for those sicks , but MC doesn't care for web version because 90% of players on web version are chaters/coins sellers .. LOL

And blocking IP is useless, they can use VPN and get 1000 new ips.

Miniclip can prevent coins sellers from opening 2 games/ 2 browsers in same ip. "If they care"
  • *Cheetah Girl**Cheetah Girl* Queen Bee Posts: 4,457 Pool Champion
    edited February 20
    Moe W. wrote: »
    Miniclip can do something for those sicks , but MC doesn't care for web version because 90% of players on web version are chaters/coins sellers .. LOL

And blocking IP is useless, they can use VPN and get 1000 new ips.

Miniclip can prevent coins sellers from opening 2 games/ 2 browsers in same ip. "If they care"

I do not know nothing about computers, but I hope there is a way to stop these cheater. ;)

Edit I am sure they trying to figure something out. I just hope
  • Davy DacueDavy Dacue To He!! and Back.Posts: 2,654 Pool Champion
    Not bad going there Sherlock. ^^^
  • Davy DacueDavy Dacue To He!! and Back.Posts: 2,654 Pool Champion
    Report the cheats @George Sweeper
  • buggaduhbuggaduh Posts: 58 Pool Player
    hey guys, this just doesn't "add up"?
    I'm playing a Sydney tournament against "Mouh" (ID 1 038 250 409). He/she broke, played well and "denied" me to win the tourney. Up popped the winner-info window that showed "Mouh" as a Grand Master winning 3600+ games out of 4700+ games for a win pct. of 76%. Pretty impressive, so I thought I would include "Mouh" as a "Friend". So I clicked his image so that I could add him as a "friend" and on his page, it shows that he has won 2800+ games out of 5300+ for a win pct. of only 52.4%.....
    hmmm.....
    just doesn't "add up"....
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Secluder.Posts: 3,801 Pool Champion
    please bann his account.. he is transferring coin in his account and leveling up.. this is not fair

Are you sure you have the correct picture posted?
  • LifeEternalLifeEternal Posts: 517 Pool Expert
    edited March 25
    Davy Dacue wrote: »
    Report the cheats @George Sweeper

Report,report ...Cheaters everday create new accounts.Old verion,waiting for your opponent...for example

]
    Post edited by AlisaNTonik on
    edited March 17
    @Raquel Oliveira Please , As we can report suspicious Image, Allow US to Report Suspicious Player with these options:

Report Cheater.
    Report Coins seller.
    Report Coins Transferring.

IMPORTANT THING: The report button that we see "WHILE WE PLAYING" is only appears after the game starts.

NO , we need to see the button every-time before and after and when we click on players profile even if we are not matching.

"IF YOU CARE miniclip" you will add and update these options so we can get rid of all sicks/idiots in this game , and then the game will be refreshed again and ppl will like to play here again.

We ALL knows that 95% Of players on Web version "Old" are cheaters/coins transferring/coins sellers , the new version of web is so heavy now and slow and empty of players.

So, in case you care then do what we suggest , IF you don't care then it's up to you.

Have it nice.
  • Àman2Àman2 Posts: 2 New Member
    Miniclip please reply to my support ticket #1986980
  • COOLOCKERCOOLOCKER Secluder.Posts: 3,801 Pool Champion
    edited April 27

Wow, at least the others have the decency to pot a few more balls than that, lol.
    Post edited by AlisaNTonik on
  • *Cheetah Girl**Cheetah Girl* Queen Bee Posts: 4,457 Pool Champion
    @Gigi Aron your so lucky that you got a report button. In the new version they do not have that :/ :/ :/ :/ I just wished they added that report button in the new version. ;)
  • JaeeoneJaeeone Posts: 1 New Member
    So

is "reporting" suspicious activity on miniclip 8-ball pool "just a waste of time ?
  • Nanny OggNanny Ogg Growing Old DisgracefullyPosts: 10,874 Pool Forum Veteran
    edited May 10
    Jaeeone wrote: »
    So

is "reporting" suspicious activity on miniclip 8-ball pool "just a waste of time ?

♪♫♪♪♫ Hello, Hello, You say "Yes", I say "No", You say "So" and I say "I don't know".♫♫♪♪♫

( with apologies to The Beatles lol )
  • George SweeperGeorge Sweeper Posts: 72 admin
    Hey, no, it's not a waste o time.

Besides immediate action that my colleagues and I can take, having these cheaters reported that have escaped through the cracks of the software we use to detect cheaters helps us provide feedback to the team in charge of that software in order to improve it.

Did it sound vague?

It has to be.

But my point is, reporting is very important. Do it. Do it often.

Besides immediate action that my colleagues and I can take, having these cheaters reported that have escaped through the cracks of the software we use to detect cheaters helps us provide feedback to the team in charge of that software in order to improve it.

Did it sound vague?

It has to be.

I want to believe you but i don't trust the Mini Clip.Just look at the World Weekly Competition Results.Team account pictures,black market account/coins transfer phone numbers etc.Every week...Result? Nothing.

• SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,405 Pool Forum VIP
    edited May 13

Did it sound vague?

It has to be.

I want to believe you but i don't trust the Mini Clip.Just look at the World Weekly Competition Results.Team account pictures,black market account/coins transfer phone numbers etc.Every week...Result? Nothing.

I will say this.....it took a really long time and lots of reports...but one word:

Rafeef..... ;)

X5lbOom.gif

Sunidhifan wrote: »

Did it sound vague?

It has to be.

I will say this.....it took a really long time and lots of reports...but one word:

Rafeef..... ;)

X5lbOom.gif

Walid, Rafeef ok but the others?Yesterday my opponent 751 lvl,100% cheater,no ban!Cheaters/hackers playing all tiers,legit players mostly low-middle stakes.Year 2014-2015 ,the old version,Jakarta,my opponents Pacman1215,Speako13 now?Sometime Berlin Platz-Aleyna ,some the old version players and some good Mobile version players on Mumbai-Berlin.Where are the good opponents?The new version very poor,the old version Shangai-Mumbai almost not playible.Should i return to the old version? Moskow-Las Vegas with 5.5B coins?I am 51% good player.Some times very very good and bad.This is unfair !Mini clip lose legit players.Now,this is not pool 8 !The another way,some time connect,play 2-3 game and back real life.No fun more for legit players.2013-2018 Mini Clip support almost zero.Mini Clip programmers don't solved program bugs,glitch etc.Just create high tiers and Premium cues for more many.Great business model for Mini Clip and thiefs/cheters.We are write but Mini Clip does not care.Wasted times...
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 6,405 Pool Forum VIP
    edited May 14
    Sunidhifan wrote: »

Rafeef..... ;)
    Walid, Rafeef ok but the others?Yesterday my opponent 751 lvl,100% cheater,no ban!Cheaters/hackers playing all tiers,legit players mostly low-middle stakes.Year 2014-2015 ,the old version,Jakarta,my opponents Pacman1215,Speako13 now?Sometime Berlin Platz-Aleyna ,some the old version players and some good Mobile version players on Mumbai-Berlin.Where are the good opponents?The new version very poor,the old version Shangai-Mumbai almost not playible.Should i return to the old version? Moskow-Las Vegas with 5.5B coins?I am 51% good player.Some times very very good and bad.This is unfair !Mini clip lose legit players.Now,this is not pool 8 !The another way,some time connect,play 2-3 game and back real life.No fun more for legit players.2013-2018 Mini Clip support almost zero.Mini Clip programmers don't solved program bugs,glitch etc.Just create high tiers and Premium cues for more many.Great business model for Mini Clip and thiefs/cheters.We are write but Mini Clip does not care.Wasted times...

Please do not take my post wrong.... ;) I am not a fan of most things MiniClip; from their support regarding any and all issues, to corporate priorities and directives, restrictions on staff especially as it pertains to communication with the community, consistency in all things, lack of keeping forum members informed about anything, especially regarding changes and updates and efforts made to stop and control nefarious activities by various accounts...... ;)

When I first found the official MiniClip forum in 2011, Mulvad and his team who created the pool game, and the development teams for almost all their games were available, communicative and responsive to community concerns regarding their respective games.....All staff interacted with the community on an almost daily basis....

Then 8 Ball Pool Multiplayer started to take off in popularity and number of players...Corporate office (rightly so as a business of course, but not pleasant for us players) saw it as the cash cow it has become and focused their efforts on that aspect.... .... Guys in offices with MBA's are famous for promoting and instituting such things.... ;)
    Input from the tiny, tiny percentage of players overall who were/are on the forum(s) became insignificant and irrelevant in the business model adopted, and corporate put out the directive to all employees that devs and support personal were no longer allowed to communicate on the forum...everything had to go through the designated "Community Support" admin assigned at any given moment...for a while, some were pretty good...the involvement of admins and mods has steadily decreased over the years....so we all feel abandoned and ignored...and that our voices are meaningless....at least I do, and I am 99% sure that there are a number of the members here who feel the same way.... :*

IMO, 2 to 3 IT types assigned exclusively to the task of catching and detecting nefarious types would be sufficient to stop the rampant activity....monitoring the leader boards, social sites such as FB and YouTube on a daily basis would provide more than enough information needed to take a thorough look at hundreds if not thousands of accounts strictly for that purpose....I have suggested as much many, many times but have never received any kind of response at all nor seen any indication that such was done...... I have seen hundreds and hundreds of threads and posts on the subject made and subsequently deleted over the years....have also seen many members make posts claiming how many times they have submitted such reports...with some having good results and others having none....again, consistency lacks here.... ;)

My point was...and is....at least there was some tangible action taken ..... even though it took forever and was long past due, at least it was done..... ;)

Maybe...in the next two years, we might see one or two more known and famous nefarious types disappear....there is always hope... :*

I personally have never played above Vegas since 2013, and most of my games these days are in Sydney....very low tier, but I get a really good variety of players and levels, it is more fun for me to play Indirect in, especially against newer players, which evens the playing field in a way....lol...
    I have only been hacked in there once this year...so it is more fun for me...after all, it is the game itself that I have loved since day one...have never had any interest whatsoever in the shiny golden pieces of fecal matter, cash, cues with powers or any other fluff associated with the money-making side of the game.... :|

So for me, it comes down to the fact that I enjoy playing a great game for the sake of playing the game....I think that if anyone wants to just enjoy playing the game, it is easy and not a lot of problems other than occasional glitches, which are to be expected in a game with so many people playing it....connection issues, different/incompatible platforms and systems problems are bound to occur in anything to do with communications and computers....always have, always will.....
    But focusing on all the money-making gimmicks involved with the game will inevitably lead to disappointments and unresolved (or excessively late responses/assistance) problems/issues.....personal choice as to which any individual decides to focus on I suppose...

Playing for fun is more fun IMO .... ;) :D :)

X5lbOom.gif
    Post edited by Sunidhifan on