Please keep our forum rules in mind: we aspire to provide a safe environment for our users, so will not tolerate discriminatory, hateful, inflammatory or threatening posts. Thank you. http://mcgam.es/forum-rules
Please note that registration for the forum is age-restricted.

Indians and Eye Glasses

Me-O-U-NotMe-O-U-Not Posts: 7 Pool Player
This is sort of 8-Ball Pool related because I first noticed in while playing the game, but I have seen it so much that it makes me wonder....

What is up with Indian guys putting on a pair of sunglasses that makes them think they have suddenly and magically turned into some sort of male models?

I am neither being sarcastic nor am I singling Indian guys as an attempt to discriminate, offend or criticise, but it really is very odd to see some of the poses these guys make when taking pictures while wearing sunglasses!!!

Comments

• Nanny OggNanny Ogg Member of the Year 2016Posts: 8,893 Pool Forum VIP
    I hear it can be very sunny in India actually LOL
    It's those wearing sunglasses here in the UK you should worry about LOL
  • The-IndianThe-Indian Artist of the Year - 2016Posts: 1,776 Pool Champion
    edited August 11
    If people can wear shorts, mini skirts etc. in the winters especially when it's snowing then it shouldn't be any issue when people wear sun glasses to protect their eyes from extreme heat & it can also be used as a fashion accessory. By the way, last year India recorded its hottest day ever - 51 C (that's 123.8F). There are several other serious issues we have in the world to get worried than this.
  • SunidhifanSunidhifan Earthbound....Posts: 4,665 Pool Champion
    edited August 11
    I believe a very large factor here would the fact that India has a population of 1.3 people.... ;) ...

The combined combination of the four next most commonly found member countries typically seen by most (rounded up) would be:
    USA - 326 million
    Indonesia - 262 million
    Brazil - 208 million
    Pakistan - 199 million

So 995 million total.....less than India by a significant amount.... ;) so bound to more a large number of individuals following the latest trend.....although sunglasses have been a fashion and persona fad for a very long time....usually, just the style changes....
    The odds are that certain fashion trends will, at any given point in time will be displayed by a large portion of a nations populace.... :|..especially the younger crowd.... :p

After the movie "Topgun" ...here in the US of A, I would say greater than 50% of the teens to twenties demographic started wearing the "Aviator" sunglasses Tom Cruise made famous in it.... and that demographic is huge in the MiniClip world....

And the sunglasses from "The Matrix" series are still way over-used here....lol...IMO.....they look cool, but do not function as well as the aviator teardrop style does.....

Edit: I also think this thread should be in the "Off Topic" Category....but what do I know?..... :*

X5lbOom.gif

• *Aurora**Aurora* There is no substitute.Posts: 5,728 Pool Forum VIP
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    Edit: I also think this thread should be in the "Off Topic" Category....but what do I know?..... :*

There is a report button for that. B)
    *Aurora* wrote: »
    There is a report button for that. B)

;) ...used it prior to making my post.....just felt like voicing it..... :D :) ...but thanks for the reminder..... :)

X5lbOom.gif
  • *Aurora**Aurora* There is no substitute.Posts: 5,728 Pool Forum VIP
    edited August 11
    Sunidhifan wrote: »
    ;) ...used it prior to making my post.....just felt like voicing it..... :D :) ...but thanks for the reminder..... :)

I'll set the timer...
  • Carl TalesCarl Tales Posts: 322 Pool Pro
    Top Gun?? Not sure I've ever seen it!! LOL Now where did I put my glasses. :D
  • G11gamingG11gaming United Kingdom Posts: 2,040 Pool Champion
    Carl Tales wrote: »
    Top Gun?? Not sure I've ever seen it!! LOL Now where did I put my glasses. :D

Never had you down as Indian, Carl. :D B)